MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:05:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebornmilan - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2014 - Femurs With Guichet  (Read 49949 times)
lestrac
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #120 on: December 27, 2014, 09:16:13 PM »

ciao reborn puoi lasciarmi un recapito (email, skype o altro) con cui poterti contattare per avere un p di supporto da parte tua (come vedi anche io sono italiano), grazie mille
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2015, 09:21:07 PM »

Quote from: Kieran1980 link=topic=7379. msg102507#msg102507 date=1419169071
This is the response below I got from Dr.   Guichet's personal assistant.   Dr.   Guichet doesn't reply to emails as he gets so many.   (my experience anyway)
Below is what the PA said about the costs in France.   Apparently, he will be only operating in Milan and London now on.   The cost of surgery and physiotherapy is 55,000 sterling in London.   This does not cover x-rays or broken nails.   You have to consider paying for accommodation in central London which is quite expensive and transport. 

I have sent another email to give me confirmation about the current price of physiotherapy and surgery in Milan.   At the consultation, he said the price difference isn't much but I will await confirmation by email. 

Here is what the PA said,

The information you got is very old.   Please visit the LLC website:

hxxp: www.  leglengtheningclinic.  com/#!costs/c1qro

Please note that costs on the website are in reference to the French practice that has been stopped 2 years ago.   Actual costs are the ones Dr Guichet told you. 

Please also note that we do not work any further with LLC, as the commercial conditions did not fit full quality and security for patients. 

Currently, the nail used is not the same, the service too is not the same. 

As a matter of fact, from this year, we made obligatory the rehab part (they were paying it on the side previously) due to risks patients take without knowing them.  

Dr Guichet does not want his patients to be at risks of complications, which made mandatory this rehab part. 

The cost is reflecting the new set-up. 

The best person to discuss with is Dr Guichet.   He always arranges as much as possible in order to allow patients to do their surgery, provided they comply with basic requirements. 

Best Regards,

Francesca Criseo
Personal Assistant to Dr.   J.  M.   Guichet

Hi Kieran,

Have you decided to go with Dr Guichet? I am meeting him mid March in London but he hasn't confirmed date/time yet.  What was your overall impression of him? Where did you meet him? Do you know where the hospital and physio centre is located? It would be amazing if I could get LL done in London - would make so much sense financially, even though 55k is a crazy amount of money!!
kneehowguys
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2015, 03:47:44 AM »

For Americans,

what is the motivation to go to Guichet vs Mahoubian?

Leechlet wanted the possibility of 10cm vs 8 cm.

Financially if you are an American not living near Mahoubian and your goal is 15-17 cm after two leg lengthenings, is it better to hope you can end up w/ 10 cm with guichet and then do 5 late?

I feel like financially you are better off going with Mahoubian twice but I actually have not looked at any of the costs carefully including costs of living in France (guichet) or Germany (betz) 
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2015, 12:41:05 PM »

I am getting extremely frustrated with Dr Guichet. I have sent him 4 emails and no reply. My first email was 19 Feb. I know he is busy etc but it's getting to the point of being rude... I have no interest in travelling to Asia and money is not an issue. I am now thinking Betz, Rozbruch or Paley. I just want 3cm and internal LL and I want to come home as soon as possible. I really don't mind making several trips as I said money is not an object. I just can't be away from my parents for too long or I will be homesick.

Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »

I am getting extremely frustrated with Dr Guichet. I have sent him 4 emails and no reply. My first email was 19 Feb. I know he is busy etc but it's getting to the point of being rude... I have no interest in travelling to Asia and money is not an issue. I am now thinking Betz, Rozbruch or Paley. I just want 3cm and internal LL and I want to come home as soon as possible. I really don't mind making several trips as I said money is not an object. I just can't be away from my parents for too long or I will be homesick.

So.. BritGirl ...You want to do 3cm?
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2015, 01:48:49 PM »

So.. BritGirl ...You want to do 3cm?

Haha I mean 3 inches
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »

Hey.. BritGirl, If money is not an issue.. Go to Rozbruch or Paley. Keep us posted.
Taco
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2015, 08:10:33 PM »

For Americans,

what is the motivation to go to Guichet vs Mahoubian?

Leechlet wanted the possibility of 10cm vs 8 cm.

Financially if you are an American not living near Mahoubian and your goal is 15-17 cm after two leg lengthenings, is it better to hope you can end up w/ 10 cm with guichet and then do 5 late?

I feel like financially you are better off going with Mahoubian twice but I actually have not looked at any of the costs carefully including costs of living in France (guichet) or Germany (betz) 

There is no motivation other than that people think they can do 10 cm and be fine, and Britgirl really wants it done in London.
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2015, 02:57:27 PM »

RESULT----> Meeting Guichet on Wednesday... Is it strange that I am petrified? I want LL so much but I am so so so scare of the whole process - even the consultation is going to give me sleepless nights...  Shocked
goodlucktomylegs
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »

RESULT----> Meeting Guichet on Wednesday... Is it strange that I am petrified? I want LL so much but I am so so so scare of the whole process - even the consultation is going to give me sleepless nights...  Shocked
Hey Britgirl
Please pm to me
Now i have some communicate problem with dr g.
He was not responsed my email
First 2 letters he reponsed very quick and he asked me for attach administrative form and send him back
I sent him 3 days ago now he didn t reply me
im waiting for reply my mail for a longtime
i have scheduled myself for operate in July or August
When you meet him please tell him to reply my email
thank you
Goodlucktomylegs
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2015, 08:43:27 PM »

Sure I can definitely tell him that. With Guichet it is best to call him - try the number on the email he has sent to you.  Smiley
Tomorrowland
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #131 on: March 15, 2015, 05:35:49 AM »

I am now thinking Betz, Rozbruch or Paley. I just want 3cm and internal LL and I want to come home as soon as possible. I really don't mind making several trips as I said money is not an object. I just can't be away from my parents for too long or I will be homesick.

Hey BritGirl, the more I learn about LL, the more I'm considering precise nail as the only option to risk my legs and the possibility of long term complications.  If money is no object and you want 3 inches, please consider precise over clicking nail because it is less traumatic to your bone healing due to no twisting of the callus formation during clicking. Whether one method is more painful than the other is totally irrelevant because pain will go away.

The other important thing to take into account is the precision and experience of the surgeon while he is installing the nail.   A good surgeon is less likely to damage muscle and nerves during the operation. So this leaves you with 2 options to choose a doctor if you do precise. 

The idea of weight bearing after operation sounds like a good selling point, but if you are willing to sacrifice a few months before you can do this, you are more likely to recover with less complications.

Just to clarify, these are only my opinions based on only wanting 3 inches femur and where money would be no object.     
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #132 on: March 15, 2015, 10:56:13 AM »

Hey BritGirl, the more I learn about LL, the more I'm considering precise nail as the only option to risk my legs and the possibility of long term complications.  If money is no object and you want 3 inches, please consider precise over clicking nail because it is less traumatic to your bone healing due to no twisting of the callus formation during clicking. Whether one method is more painful than the other is totally irrelevant because pain will go away.

The other important thing to take into account is the precision and experience of the surgeon while he is installing the nail.   A good surgeon is less likely to damage muscle and nerves during the operation. So this leaves you with 2 options to choose a doctor if you do precise. 

The idea of weight bearing after operation sounds like a good selling point, but if you are willing to sacrifice a few months before you can do this, you are more likely to recover with less complications.

Just to clarify, these are only my opinions based on only wanting 3 inches femur and where money would be no object.     

Hey thanks for your message Tomorrowland... I'll defi look into that. From the stories I've heard here I think it's best to stay in the place of surgery during the lengthening period and unless Guichet does Precice too then I will have to spend a min of 2-3 months abroad, which will not be possible. It has to be London if I want to do it this year. If I can wait until post March 2016 then there's a chance I can go further afield.

Which doc have you decided go go with and hoe much increase would you like?

Tomorrowland
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #133 on: March 15, 2015, 06:34:38 PM »

Hey thanks for your message Tomorrowland... I'll defi look into that. From the stories I've heard here I think it's best to stay in the place of surgery during the lengthening period and unless Guichet does Precice too then I will have to spend a min of 2-3 months abroad, which will not be possible. It has to be London if I want to do it this year. If I can wait until post March 2016 then there's a chance I can go further afield.

Which doc have you decided go go with and hoe much increase would you like?

Yeah, I know everyone is in a different situation and we all have obligations and limitations.  
It is also very wise that you know the importance of staying in the place of surgery during the very critical lengthening period. This is a time when you will be "creating your new femurs" that will remain for the rest of your life.  You want them to be as strong, straight, healthy as possible. You also want your soft tissues to be stretched carefully by an experienced physiotherapist, otherwise you can develop long term chronic pain similar to when people complain about lower back pain because of damaged soft tissue during improper weight lifting.

Quick history of why I am likely to go with precise.   Originally I wanted to go with Paley because he seemed like the safest bet.  Then I learned more about the surgery and got more confident, or perhaps more careless.....I wanted a weight bearing nail because I figured the only disadvantage is clicking pain......I went to meet with patients that were recovering and lengthening.....I noticed a pattern; most of them very young, most seemed in a hurry to get this over with because (x,y or whatever reason), not a lot of thought on long term problems resulting from LL but rather on how much more they can get away with lengthening(magic pill mentality-instant results).   Knowing this I have decided to save more money and have the surgery with Paley(7.5cm) once again. Things can change and may decide otherwise in the future, but as of this moment this is it for me.

Your body is very traumatized from the surgery already.  Weight bearing, being encouraged to walk, going up and down stairs, twisting the callus formation 10 to 20 times a day for clicking, this seems like really beating up your poor legs and soft tissues more than necessary.  I think it is better to do things nice and slow allowing your body to heal.  This is not a race, you need your legs for the rest of your life.  10 years, 20 years down the line new technology will become available to lengthen better, but for now Precise nail seems to me like your best bet for LL.

P.S.  Please, under no circumstance have a doctor that offers Precise as an alternative to their regular method install Precise nails.  This can really turn out disastrous.  Just some friendly advise.  
lionheart
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2015, 09:54:27 PM »

Hi Guys

I am relatively new to this forum.  I cam to know about LL surgery in last 2 weeks.  Since then, I am trying to catch up all the information on this forum.  Simultaneously I am in talk with Dr.  Guichet and he is very responsive in my email communication.

I do not have date yet but I've kind of made my mind on Dr.  Guichet.  Currently, I am working on Schengen Visa through Consulate of France as they seem to have more organize. 

My situation:
Actually I need to come back by end of July so I'm trying speed things up.  I've total availability from now till end of July to this surgery+post-op recover.  So rushing things up to get ASAP on operation  table :)

I need help on applying to Schengen Visa if anyone has gone through this process.  Basically anyone who has flew from US and non-citizen or maybe from other part of world and had to apply Schengen Visa

One of the requirements of visa is

1) Your travel itinerary : you MUST BOOK your airline ticket but do not purchase until the visa has been approved.
2) Confirmed hotel reservations for your entire stay in the Schengen states

How people are doing above things? I would love to know how other people have managed this requirement.  My appointment for visa is next week.  Thanks.
lionheart
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2015, 10:57:09 PM »

Hi rebornmilan

I'm planning to come there by end of month if my visa process goes smooth.

I need your help in that regard.  If you could put me in touch with person who has gone through Schengen visa process, that would be great help.  Currently I am working on it and need some info.  Thanks.

Quote from: rebornmilan link=topic=7379. msg96570#msg96570 date=1399191124
Hi Caribe
Choosing Dr Guichet is the best decision cos he is so hardcore but pushes u for all the right reasons!
He is not heartless and he is always available to u!!

I am at the isokentic centre from monday to saturday for the next 4 weeks then i m finished.  Come and say hi if u can! :)
If u r doing the surgery soon, just a few tips
1.  Do a lot of dips to bulk up ur triceps and chest
2.  Get out in the sun and get more vit D
3.  Stretch like a ballerina ~> i didn't do it and that's why i am so stiff!!!
4.  If u r doing training urself, at least get isokentic to make a training program for u!

Hope all goes well for u!

Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2015, 05:19:04 AM »

Whatever happened to the BritGirl? did she have an LL surgery? What was your experience with Dr.  Guichet.  I wanted to look up BritGirl profile and find relatable posts but it wouldn't let me. 
texasbruce
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2015, 05:26:46 AM »

Rebornmilan broke the records. . .  I hope my experience will be as smooth as his!
alexander63
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2015, 12:18:52 PM »

Can you tell me how much does it cost about 7cm grow in russia if i havent got room so i must pay for room and food
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2015, 06:57:41 PM »

Can you tell me how much does it cost about 7cm grow in russia if i havent got room so i must pay for room and food

Dr. Guichet does surgery in Russia too?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.