MMT Community
February 23, 2019, 11:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rebornmilan - Internal Femurs - Dr. Guichet - 2014 - Femurs With Guichet  (Read 49952 times)
180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 07:52:49 AM »

Seriously rebornmilan, this is getting ridiculous. Go start your own thread instead of hijacking Leechlet's lol
Ask the mod to start one?
antoky
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 10:19:57 AM »

Hi, rebornmilan,

thank you for your good description of your journey so far: me too should appreciate if you would start a page of your own, so to have more Guichet diaries easy to be accessed, even by any rookie or new member, who may think the Leechlet diary is only about him and his personal story.

I am very impressed by your 3 cm in fifteen days Smiley...I must follow in these footsteps soon, aiming at 4.3-4.5 cm, i.e. only 30 days of lenghtening in order not to miss too much time off my jobs (I am a sports medicine doctor, 44 y.o.).

Be strong and disciplined (as any great man was and will always be).

cheers.

for a better everyday life
Übermensch
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 10:39:47 AM »

Hi rebornmillan!
Congratulations on being at more than half your goal in just 13 days! :)
And nice to know that you are breezing through limb lengthening!!
You mentioned accidental clicks on the left leg before, do you think you may have lengthen more in that leg because of that?
Maybe that's also the reason for your difficulty in bending the left knee! How is your motion in the left knee by now!?
Are you still using the wheelchair to get to the cab?
How do you manage to get the wheelchair up stairs? Do you have a helper now?
Sorry for so many questions! I'm leaving to Milan at the end of the month.  . 
Cheers!
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 11:20:55 AM »

Hi guys
I wanted to start a topic of my own but the system wouldn't let me do it. Thanks Admin for seperating my posts for me!  Smiley

To Antoky
U will go through LL with ease cos u r a sports medicine dr. U know exactly what to do to get better fast. I have to admit persistence and dedication to exercises is the most important thing!

To ubermensch
I counted the clicks so i try to even out the clicks. Dr Guichet thinks it is my pelvis and it should correct itself. It is not really a major issue though. My motion in left knee is fine, but there is just a bit more tension on the lhs compared to the right. I stopped using a wheelchair 5 day after surgery so i just get around with a walker. There is no issue getting into a cab with the walker and everywhere has lifts. Smiley the walker is just freaking slow!
My gf is with me atm but she is leaving in a couple of days, i will probably get a helper to buy food and drinks for me. U won't have any issues getting to places by urself!
And pls don't be afraid of pain, it is really more annoying low grade discomfort.  Good luck man!

Übermensch
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »

Thanks for the answers rebornmilan! You are only considering a helper for grocery shopping!? You mean, you feel comfortable for cooking, doing laundry, cleaning, etc!?
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2014, 03:05:42 PM »

It depends on how hardcore u r. I m definitely not cos i can't even be bothered to get milk from the fridge. Ot is just really tiring There is a patient of Dr Guichet who completely lived on his own and took the subway to physio everyday. There are also patients who just lie in bed all day doing nothing.

To be honest, cleaning, laundry, cookkng are impossible tasks for me right now. It is extremely difficult to stay standing and i get tired after 8 hours of physio a day. Sometimes my gf have to wake me up to do clicks. (My fav time of the day) she has also decided to stay for another 2 weeks to take care of me. :p

rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 03:10:22 PM »

According to her, i m still pretty much non functional!
There is more pain with clicking now too cos of inflammatory healing response. It is a good thing according to Dr Guichet.
I can still put my feet together and i am fixing up my tiny duck ass by doing a lot stretching.
Übermensch
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 05:29:21 PM »

Quote from: rebornmilan link=topic=7379. msg96784#msg96784 date=1399907142
she has also decided to stay for another 2 weeks to take care of me.  :p
You are a lucky cripple, reborn!! :P

I like to think of me as hardcore, but i never actually had a broken bone before so. . 

About the inflammatory healing response, I think I know what you are talking about.  At the consultation Dr.  Guichet showed me some graphics with the average evolution of the level of pain in his patients, and there was an increase some weeks after surgery followed by a decrease. .  and happened the same to leechlet. .  so I think its normal at this stage!

Thanks for sharing all this! Cheers!! :)
connorcranston
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 03:19:55 AM »

hey reborn what's ur skype name.  i really wanna chat since im mostly going with guichet in july if everything goes well, if not betz.  i tried talking to leechtlet a couple of times but he doesnt really answer my questions that well, maybe you can help.  anyways i hope ur doing well.
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »

Day 15
Clicking is getting a harder on the right and it is starting to feel tighter around the legs.
Everything is still under control. The good news is that i started using the crutches today. It is heaps faster and uses less energy. I am just getting bored of LL. It sucks not being able to jump, run, kick a ball, have sex etc. it is really uncomfortable to sit down too.

Connorcrastan
Sorry i don't use skype but pls feel free to ask as many as questions as possible here. It is good for public knowledge too. i went for Guichet because he is the fastest. LL is a long process and it is nice to shorten the LL period. The food in Italy is better than Germany too. LoL
Übermensch
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2014, 04:17:38 PM »

Hi rebornmilan!

deja vu. .  hard to click on the right! happened the same to leechlet. .  according to Dr.  Guichet it is some technical thing about the nail itself, it has something to do with the direction of the clicking and the fact that the nail is the exactly the same, i. e. , there is no adaptation for right and left leg. .  i actually never completely understand the explanation, but ask Dr.  Guichet, he will tell you. .

i just made an appointment with Dr.  Boldrini on May, 26 maybe we can meet? i will be doing some training pre-surgery at the isokinetic center

Hi connorcranston!

i will be undergoing surgery probably in the end of June!  my skype is: kubermensch but i agree with reborn, its cool if we post here the most relevant stuff

cheers!!
Caribe
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2014, 07:34:53 PM »

Very good news  Rebornmilan!!
Its excellent you are able to improve your mobilisation through walking on crutches.  Do you think one should work out more the upper limbs to be able to manage your weight better.  Ive never been on crutches so thats because Im asking. 

Cronnestom, übermensch.  It seems we could be quite a bunch of guys over there in Milan, this summer.  Although I'm still waiting for Guichet`s response about my surgery date… :(

Cheers Rebornmilan
keep on doing great!
connorcranston
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 03:46:34 AM »

u can have sex, i read some diaries where 2 LL patients actually had sex(not sure if it was true or not but im pretty sure it was awkward as hell).  Anywhohow i can't decide btw guitcher or betz.  i emailed that both and they both already have a surgery date for me.  i know guitchet is more expensive due to the isokinetic center and mandatory 1 month stay and betz, u can leave in 14 days but i really cant risk the nails bending since almost every diary i read of betz either the screws break(not a big deal) or the nails bending.  plus i been stretching vigorously for almost every day since march 1.  i have exactly $75,000 usd.  is that enough for guitchet, including the mandatory isokinetic and 1 month stay + helper, comm, and food.  i know its enough for betz since u dont need the isokinetic center or mandotory one month stay.  im thinkin about getting surgery in july if everything goes right.  im asian build 5' 4. 5" or 164. 5 cm.  I used to be 155lbs but im not 138 b/c i dont want the nails to bend.

hey ubermensh if ur still in milan when i arrive we should definitely split a room.
Übermensch
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 12:16:01 PM »

hi connorcranston!

thank you, i appreciate that! i'm very money conscious. .  so everything that can save me money is welcome!!
i will be +3 months in Italy arriving at the end of next week!

about your comment, i think oral is not off limits, but i wouldn't go any further, you don't wanna be caught by the moment, and have to make up a story to explain why the nail bent!! :P

cheers!! :D
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 04:49:20 PM »

Day 16
3.26cm
I woke up with a lot of pain on my left knee. It is soft tissue related and it went away after biking. Bike will be every LLers best friend. I also had my x rays taken today and i wonder what Dr Bordrini say abt it tomorrow. Dr Guichet is in UK at the moment.
I have no issue with walking with legs closed and i don't have duck ass, but i have a slight knee bent on the left which is really annoying!!

To Ubermensh
Sorry i am leaving Milan end of next week. I would love to meet up if u r here next week. Man train hard and stretch hard. I am at isokinetic everyday except sunday from 9 to 1. It is the highlight of the day cos u can meet other people!

To Caribe
Definitely need to work upper body. I was pretty buff and toned but i lost a lot of muscle mass quickly. I don't even have a butt now. Work out ur chest and triceps!!

To cornorcranstan
I don't know whether it is a good idea to leave after 14 days. I am sure Dr Betz is a good doctor but i really like Dr Guichet's approach. Dr Guichet pushes u harder and isokinetic guys r fantastic. I don't know 75k will be enough cos i stay at a serviced apartment and i taxi everywhere, eat out everywhere. It really depends on how u live i guess. Again it is important to have a lot of muscle weight so eat up and get ur energy reserve.

Thank u all for ur support!

Übermensch
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 06:17:13 PM »

Hi reborn!
woh! you already going!! that's great for you!  i was just making the math and yes, at this rhythm (21 clicks = 1,4 mm /day) you will reach your 5 cm goal at day 28 in the end of next week!! that's impressive!  Cool
are you not using medication for the pain now? just biking? and for sleeping?
are you planning on doing any clicking past 5 cm? (to cover any chance of  subsidence, i. e. , shrinkage, Dr.  Guichet says up to 3 mm is possible, but in your case i guess it would be less because you are lengthening below average . . )
thanks for your advise, I'm leaving to the gym now! :D
take care and tell us about what Dr.  Bordrini thinks of your x rays and the pain/bent on the left knee!! cheers! :)

connorcranston
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 03:31:55 AM »

well reborn ur probably more financially stable than me but i figured if i bought a wheelchair over from US than i can wheelchair myself to the isokinetic center everyday and save a cra* load of money plus i will never eat out and if i have my wheel chair then i can go to the grocery store.  i know guichet doesnt like wheelchairs but i will only use it when im outside.  im also gonna leave as soon as i can to US when im in milan.  is it possible to leave in 3 weeks or will guichet make me stay a minimum of 1 month.  also i have a passport, am i good to go to milan or do i need a visa as well.  honestly isnt a visa the same as a passport? how did u pay guichet? did u do bank to bank transfer or did u have to set up an online money transfer account like xe.  xe is a pain in the ass btw.
hey ubermesh if ur money conscious how in the world can u afford to stay for 3+ months.  Are u gonna have a helper and u want to do the full lenghtenin there i guess? yea we should definitely be roomies if u dont have one by the time im there.  hopefully it should be no later than july 1.  stay golden
Übermensch
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 10:22:03 AM »

Hi connorcranston!
what I'm telling you is just a plan, it is not validated by experience yet, just what i can make out of the experiences i learned about so far
i'm staying 1 month for training. i'm not a sports guy so i had some trouble with achieving Dr. Guichet objectives of strength and flexibility, and i just don't want to wait more.. i was training since February.., during this time i will not spend a lot of money besides the cost of the isokinetic center, because i have full mobility, so i will use public transportation, make my own cooking, etc..
then, as i'm looking 7,5 cm gain, if i stay during the full lengthening in Milan, i will need at least 70 days, Dr. Guichet does not like if the patients leave before finish lengthening, reborn will stay just 1 month but i think that's also the time he will need to finish lengthening because he is just doing 5 cm.. but there are some examples of patients that leave before finishing like leechlet.. and all Dr. Betz patients do it..
about being money conscious, is not that i don't have the money for staying comfortable in milan, is just that i worked hard for having that money and i have other plans after this surgery.. i will try every trick to save money, the wheelchair thing seems like a great idea! Smiley i'm trying to find other patients with the same mindset to share the place and the helper, Caribe seems to be into it also, its also good for the psychological part of lengthening, like reborn says it can be very boring, and specially look at the vids of leechlet that was on is own.. i'm also bringing my car (i'm european), i know of at least one guy that drove during lengthening with Dr. Paley, so maybe it will be possible..
besides the cost of the surgery, i'm planing to spend 12.300 euros in those 3 months, but everybody will tell you that i'm being very very optimistic..
but notice this is all just plans, i don't know what is going to workout and what is just a bad idea..
rebornmilan
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 08:17:19 PM »

Hi guys
I saw Dr Boldrini today and he said things r mostly fine. He is not too sure about the difference in lengthen between the left and the right leg. The gaps on the X rays look similar roughly about 3.5cm. Dr Guichet will tell me how to fix it. I had the best sleep last night and slept through the night which is wonderful, but I got this massive muscle knot on my left thigh and Luca from isokentic massaged the f@&k out of it and it was the most pain i had throughout LL!!! The bend in the left knee is almost gone too which is great.

I know u guys wanna save money and go grocery shopping in wheelchairs and stuff. To be honest i don't think it is possible in the first couple of weeks. Maybe u guys can share a helper to lower the costs?? Compare to most people I am having an easy time but  LL is still really not easy.
For pain i take 50mg of tramadol 2 to 3 times a day, mainly for fun. Smiley and paracetamol 4 times a day. That pretty much takes care of the pain. Bike is still the best though, cos i don't get sharp throbbing pain but only sore and tight muscles.

Just can't wait for it to be all finished!!!!!
Übermensch
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 10:16:37 PM »

hi reborn!! Smiley

love that attitude!!  you just don't let some f**dup muscle take away the good karma of the sweetest night of sleep!!  Grin

every limb lengthener has a good leg and a bad leg, maybe is just that your left leg is your bad leg.. you are right handed, right?
i say this because in my first isokinetic test i had a huge difference of strength between left and right leg (i'm right handed), and i just can imagine that if i did limb lengthening without training i would be suffering much more on my left leg..

also, sorry to try to i analyze you, but think the fact that you are doing great and with a great attitude has a little also to do with the fact that you have company.. when i told my psychologist about this plan her main worry was the fact that i was doing it alone in Italy.. i think the attitude, and the psychological game is key in limb lengthening, and some support makes the difference!

keep the good work! you will be done in no time!!   Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.