MMT Community
June 22, 2017, 06:36:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince2 - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2014 - External Ilizarov Solamente  (Read 72877 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: June 29, 2014, 03:45:56 PM »

Prince2 has asked me to start a diary for him for his leg lengthening with Dr. Barinov in Russia. Congrats on the start of your journey.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 06:34:27 PM »

Hey SysOp,

thanks for starting this diary for me.

First some information about me:

Profession: Just finished studies (Industrial Engineering and Management, Master of Science)
Nationality: Afghan
Height: 164 cm
Lengthening amount: 9 cm (planned)
Time frame: 1 year, 5 months for lengthening and 7 months for consolidation (planned)

I am getting limb lengthening with Dr. Barinov in July 2014.  The exact date of the operation is yet unknown.
Three weeks ago I contacted Irene Lisovenko and sent a copy of my passport and all the information they needed.
Two days ago I just got the invitation letter. Now I have to apply for a visa.

Thanks Rgkey for inspiring me to do the surgery in Russia. And thanks MMT, because without MMT I think I would not have had the courage and the information needed to do this.

Prince

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
KirP1
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 09:45:41 PM »

hey prince are you spanish¿?
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 12:11:04 AM »

@KirP1, no I am not Spanish, but I can speak spanish a little bit. I guess you think I am spanish because of the title, but that was not my idea. I think SysOp came up with the title for my diary. But I think I will not change it, I like it. Pero si tienes una pregunta en español, puedo responder en español Wink

So tomorrow I have an appointment at the doctor's to get a blood test.
For the operation with Dr. Barinov, you need to get tested for HIV, Hepatitis B/C and Syphilis.
In germany you pay about 100 € to get these things tested.

And I will get a foreign health insurance. You need it to get a visa for russia.
I pay 32 € per month for the insurance. So for one year it is 384 €.
But you have to be careful because not every insurance is accepted in russia.
You have to go on the website of the russian embassy to get the list.

So when I have the foreign insurance I can apply for the visa. But I will tell you more detailed then...

KirP1
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 07:13:59 AM »

I think that you have done a good choice. Barinov looks like a good doctor and you will meet hot girls in the clinic
peterpan
MMT Member

Credibility -2

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 08:02:47 AM »

Thanks for the informative diary. Smiley

I just have a question which I hope everyone in Russia can help me answer:

Are Russians racist towards Asian-looking people?

I am Asian American of Chinese descent. I'm interested in this clinic in Volograd but I'm nervous about choosing Russia for my LL.
I've heard so many stories about violence towards Asian exchange students, police beating up black students, ...
I just don't want to go there, have my legs broken, and then have my neck broken too by some racist gangsters. Will I get beaten up randomly while doing grocery? Will the Russian nurse put some poison in my soup? I'm sorry for sounding paranoid but I can't help it.

Can someone please clarify the situation?

exclide
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »

No, they aren't. We have some neo-nazi radicals though, well they're everywhere nowdays, chances of meeting them, esp. staying at the clinic, are very slim. You shouldn't be worried.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2014, 02:57:19 PM »

Thanks for the informative diary. Smiley

I just have a question which I hope everyone in Russia can help me answer:

I am Asian American of Chinese descent. I'm interested in this clinic in Volograd but I'm nervous about choosing Russia for my LL.
I've heard so many stories about violence towards Asian exchange students, police beating up black students, ...
I just don't want to go there, have my legs broken, and then have my neck broken too by some racist gangsters. Will I get beaten up randomly while doing grocery? Will the Russian nurse put some poison in my soup? I'm sorry for sounding paranoid but I can't help it.

Can someone please clarify the situation?

I don't think that you have to worry about nurses who put poison in your soup. The last thing they want is a dead patient in the clinic. That would create panic amongst other patients. Furthermore the police would come and that would mean a lot of trouble for the clinic. And the reputation would also suffer from that.

But I don't know about violence agains asian people. Most of the time we are in the clinic anyway. I would not worry about that...
You can worry about athletic ability or pain or complications, but I don't think that you have to worry about violence.

180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 12:17:29 AM »

No offence but you're from America, mass shootings is the norm, murders, muggings and everything else in between on a daily basis. Im sure you'll be fine at a LL clinic in Russia, worst case scenario you'll get a racist patient at the clinic but then again he/she will also be semi-crippled. You'll be fine  Grin

Poison in your soup? Sorry but thats just funny, why on earth would you even think that? You'll be in a LL clinic, not Kings Landing  Wink
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 01:20:25 AM »

So today I had to apply for a visa for russia. You can apply for a visa yourself or get a company to do it for you.
Since I don't want to go to Berlin to the embassy, I have a company who is specialized for visa for russia. I send all the requirements to them and they get the visa and send it to me.

To apply for a visa from germany (with a company) you need many things:

- Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay in Russia, with at least two adjacent blank visa pages available for Russian visa   
  stamps (not ID card),
- A health insurance for russia,
- account statement (they told me the amount of money on the account is not important),
- One recent 4,5 cm x 3,5 cm passport style photograph - head and shoulders, face forward, neutral expression, in color, and with a
  plain/white background,
- letter of invitation (from Irene Lisovenko)
- and 2 forms that need to be filled (you find them online on the site of the company) 

Irene told me that I need to apply for a multiple business visa. With this visa I can get in and out of the country several times within one year.

Costs: 150 € normal (needs 2 weeks), 300 € express (you get it in 5 days). I chose express.
So today I got all the things and sent it to the company. Let's see how long it takes until I have my visa.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2014, 09:44:20 PM »

I am still waiting for my visa and packing my bags. But I would like to tell you how I financed my LL since it seems that most future leg lengtheners are held back to do LL because of lack of money.

I expect to be needing around 20 000 € for the whole process. 12 500 € for the operation and 3 months stay and 6 000 € for 7 or 8 months of stay in the hospital (I will go home for some months in the consolidation phase). You have to pay 1000 € for every additional month but you can get a discount if you stay long (that's what I've been told). In my case additional 600 € for the flight and maybe 1000 for personal expenses during the process. So you should be okay with around 20 000 € depending on how much discount you get. Maybe you need a little more if you stay very long and spend a lot of money for extra food or shopping.

I have been financing it with loans and saved up money. In Germany you can get a loan easily if you are a student. I got 6 000 € from one bank and another 8 000 € from another. You have to pay it back when you have a job. That is pretty good, because I will not be able to work for at least a year. I have another 6 000 € saved up by working during studies. If I need more money, my parents will give me. But I hope I will not need their help. So if you are a student and live in Germany you shouldn't have financial problems to do LL. Of course it is not possible to have LL with Betz or Guichet just by taking loans. But you should be able to get 20 000 €. 

srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 09:57:30 AM »

Hi Prince, I wish you the best of luck with your LL journey.

I would just like to know, how many people are also doing LL at the same time with you?

Overall I am sure you will have a successful experience.  From what I can hear (I mean read, aha), Dr Barinov is an amazing, dedicated, friendly surgeon, so you have made a good choice.

Please keep posting about your journey  :)

PS: if only it was as easy to take money out as a student in England. . .   :P

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »

If you are from germany you could to do the surgery with doctor salameh, the price is 25000 euros.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 09:19:41 PM »

@srimech123: Thank you! I hope it will be good in Volgograd Smiley I suppose that there are more people who are doing LL at the same time with me, but I dont know anyone. Maybe it is also possible to get a student loan in England. Did you check it?

@carbo: I could have done it with dr. salameh but costs would be much higher. 25 000 € only for the operation. You have to pay extra for physio, accomodation and medicaments. I estimate the overall costs about 35 000 €. The next problem I see is that Dr. Salameh is not permanently in Frankfurt but in Syria. Furthermore it is too close to my family. I dont want them to come over everyday, worry and tell me to stop. And they dont have many patients in Frankfurt. I guess I would be alone most of the time. If you look at the diaries of the patients you will see that they wear the frame above-average long. That is another reason why I did not choose Dr. Salameh.

Now that carbo asked me about LL with Dr. Salameh, I would like to tell how I came to choose Dr. Barinov. Two years ago I wanted to go with Dr. Sarin. But a lot of problems arose with him. He seemed to be not as caring as I supposed he is. Sweden had many problems too. Then I wanted to go with Dr. Betz because I read that he does LON on tibias for 35 000 €. I called his secretary many times and tried to contact Dr. Betz. But she could not give me any information about LON with Dr. Betz. She said that she will get the information, but she never did. Until now I dont know if it is possible to do LON with Dr. Betz for 35 000 €. Maybe SysOp or his patients know more. Anyway you have to pay for accomodation, medication and physio. It was too expensive for me, although my parents probably would have helped me with the money. Then I wanted to do LL with Dr. Salameh but decided against it because of reasons above. Finally I chose Dr. Barinov. He seems to be a good choice because of his experience, overall price, atmosphere in the hospital and the staff. I hope I made a good choice.

carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »

Thank you for your answer prince2. I will have my surgery with doctor salameh in september, but your reasons to choose doctor barinov are very goods.
Then, what is your goal of lengthening? Mine is 5,5cm.
Doctor Barinov looks like a good option but it is a lot of time outside of my country, without family and somes friends.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 09:48:16 PM »

You`re welcome. I think that Dr. Salameh could be a good choice for you (although it was not for me). There is a reason why he is on the recommended Doctors list. He is a reputable doctor. I also heard that the frame is very light and small.

My goal is 9 cm. I am not sure if you change much things with only 5.5 cm. Why dont you want to lengthen more? I hope you have a smooth journey with Dr. Salameh!

carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 10:15:52 PM »

I think 9 cm it is so much. I am a very sport person and i won't to lose a lot sport ability.
Sweden made 7 cm and he think is so much. He think that the maximun in tibias to do a normal life it would be around 6 cm and i think the same. Perhaps you can regret to do 9cm. you can wear a little bit insole too.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 10:55:47 PM »

I think 9 cm it is so much. I am a very sport person and i won't to lose a lot sport ability.
Sweden made 7 cm and he think is so much. He think that the maximun in tibias to do a normal life it would be around 6 cm and i think the same. Perhaps you can regret to do 9cm. you can wear a little bit insole too.

The amount you can lengthen and be able to have a full 100% recovery will be different for each person and also depend on the method used, how quickly you lengthened, and many other factors. An amount of lengthening that is "safe" for one person may be easier or harder to recover from for another person. There is no magic amount that will guarantee a 100% simple complication-free recovery for everyone.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 12:07:11 AM »

Quote from: prince2 link=topic=7511. msg98109#msg98109 date=1404767981
@srimech123: Thank you! I hope it will be good in Volgograd :) I suppose that there are more people who are doing LL at the same time with me, but I dont know anyone.  Maybe it is also possible to get a student loan in England.  Did you check it?

I heard Volgograd is safe most of the time.   There have been a few incidents, but there are so many cities that have incidents.  IMO Volgograd is safer than some cities in England where I was (and felt) fine.
Please do tell me the number of people who do LL at the same time with you, it'll be nice to know!
In England we do have loans but it's mostly to pay for housing rent etc.  There are overdrafts but they are not much, only about £1500.
What day does the LL reprocess start? Best wishes from me and everyone else on MMT :)

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 12:28:23 AM »

I do understand you. If you want to be able to do competitive sports afterwards it is good to lengthen less. But for me it is not important. I am happy if I can walk normally and maybe run short distances after 2 or 3 years.

I will see if I can get to 9 cm. It is a goal of mine but I dont know if I can do it. You are definitely much safer with 5.5 cm. The problem is that I am not even average height of men in Germany after reaching 9 cm. I would love to be at least average height. Maybe with 9 cm + insoles I am average height.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.