MMT Community
December 11, 2017, 05:17:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince2 - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2014 - External Ilizarov Solamente  (Read 84246 times)
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2014, 06:05:23 AM »

Day 39 (left leg 2.3 cm, right leg 2.5 cm)

Besides the negative things there are a lot of positive things happening here. About 1 month after the operation I was able to walk without crutches. Dr. Tsarkov even said I walk like a champion Smiley Dr. Barinov though is not easy to impress. He was like " Did you try stairs? There was one guy doing stairs during lengthening without crutches". So I tried stairs and I managed it with crutches. Without crutches is a whole other thing...But I will try it one day.

But because of the frame the upper body sways from left to right to keep balance when walking without crutches. That looks horrible so I stick with my crutches and try to put less weight on them. In my room I try to move without crutches but it got difficult since I past 2 cm. There is more pain at night and in the daytime. The pain is not that bad but still enough to not let you sleep. So the last days I slept for 3 or 4 hours.

Doctors tell me to turn the back screws five instead of four times, because they say that the upper part of the tibia goes up when passing 3 or 4 cm and the lower part goes down (if you look from the side) so that they are not aligned anymore. But I am not turning the back screws 5 times everyday. The problem is that it is more likely to get knee bending if you turn the back screws 5 times. And I want to see x-rays first before correcting an alignement that probably does not even exist. If the x-rays show an alignment I still can correct it. 

And my russian got a lot better so that I can have little conversations with people. That is also very positive. Like I said it is good to learn some russian before coming here.

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2014, 05:21:05 AM »

hahaha yeah if you see Aurika say hello from me please she is one of the girls that cleans the rooms, she is a tall girl, she is awesome, and also Nadia and other nurses!
the hospital is a shi* hole but try to cope and some how make the best of it thou! i had some good times there too even without a word of english.

In the clinic yes, in the morning there is a nurse to give you shots but not at nights, I had to learn and inject my self hahaha, I'm telling you man, you can make a decision right now: you can either see all the negative and fall into depression mode and all the negativism, which is very tempting im sure, or you can decide to make the best of it man! I hope you choose the second one. You will be fine man im sure, so there is no reason to worry too much, but of course you will panic everything is new for you and unknown, but trust me you are safe! I would suggest you to have the nurse give you a shot before she goes home or also Oxana she is the general manager at the clinic she can also gives u shots before going home, it wont be so late but its better than just taking pills. The best option is for you to give shots your self at  night as I did. I remember I bought a chiken and use to practice with it hahaha... just take every day as an adventure and a challenge, stay positive, you have many people around you which is great! try to make friends and talk to everyone, this is the only way my friend. don't allow ur self to fall into negativism. I went to rough times they can tell u im sure, I broke about 33 times my pins, record for sure!!! haha i had my leg drilled more than 20 times so you can imagine, but never let my self down for too long. Go to the clinic, there is internet, download fiber, and send me a PM i will give u my number and we can chat, I can help u as much as i can with my knowledge of that place and experiences. I know the doctors very well and the nurses and staff.

Yes you are absolutely right about the negativism. I try to stay positive and like you said make the best of it! I think I will stay at the hospital until lengthening is over. It just feels more secure to be in the hospital especially when you have complications like I have seen with other patients.

Getting your leg drilled 20 times man!!! I had one pin break and stayed calm because I thought of you breaking 33 !!! So I knew everything is going to be fine! I thought If you survive 33 i would survive 1 Wink

It would be great to chat with you, so at the end of november I think I will move to the clinic and hope to talk to you then! Thanks Rgkey for still being around on this forum, still updating and still trying to help !

Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

If you go through hell, don't stop, keep walking

« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2014, 12:33:01 AM »

no problem prince, ill try to help as much as I can, ill be around my friend for you any time

Original height. 163.5cms
Current height.  172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2014, 02:08:17 AM »

I spoke to Irene about the Visa situation. She said Russia allows a maximum of 180 days per year. For patients, interested in 5+ centimeters, they offer LATN. Essentially lengthening for several months with external fixators, inserting a nail after lengthening, followed by recovery at home and return to Russia to have the nail removed after consolidation.

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2014, 12:34:24 PM »

Day 82 (left leg 4.6 cm, right leg 4.5 cm)

I did not post for a long time. I was just not in the mood. So here are the news of the last couple of weeks:

About 3 weeks ago I recognized that my legs are not straight. So I put a heavy bag (about 20 kg) on my knee to get it straight.
After the exercise I got up and wanted to walk a couple of steps but I couldnt. I had pain in both legs and had to stay in bed all day.
The next day I had really bad knee bending. Doctors told me to stop lengthening and only do knee bending exercises.
So for 2 weeks I did not lengthen at all and tried to get rid of my knee bending. But it is very hard and progress is very slow. For 1 week now I only turn the back screws to loosen up the knee area and to get the bones aligned. In Addition to that I developed balerina foot. But it is very little. So my main problem right now is knee bending!

So for me the the best way to fix it is to keep your legs straight as much as you can. And for doing knee bending exercises: Put a heavy weight on your knee. But make sure you dont have pain in your knee while doing this. You should only feel stretching pain or pin pain. And you should put your foot a little higher than 90 degrees to make sure your stretching is effective.

So here is my advice for you: Do knee bending and balerina foot exercises every day. No matter if you think you have knee bending /balerina foot or not. I thought as long as I can walk properly I dont have any problems. Wrong!!! It can come up one morning and then it is very difficult to fix it. 

And about 2 weeks ago I moved to the clinic. For me it was a good decision. I like it here more. People are nice and you get a more personal treatment.

srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #85 on: October 26, 2014, 01:45:22 PM »

How long are you staying in the clinic for?

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »

How long are you staying in the clinic for?

Probably I will stay until the end of January. That is the maximum that I can stay in Russia (6 months in total).

Rgkey
LL Patient
MMT Adviser

Credibility 129

If you go through hell, don't stop, keep walking

« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2014, 02:09:09 PM »

do this one, it helped me a lot. get a cord around your knee and make it so with the other leg you push down the knee to make it straight. you can also use the gallons of water that they bring to the clinic, put them on your knee when they are half empty, stop turning until you fix your problem, good luck!! And im glad you are in the clinic, good for you!! the hospital can be depressing! The clinic should be much better, i dont know how many people there now, but there is people, like "normal people" lol and there used to be a calling center on the offices in the back with a lot of cute girls!! are they still there? in front of the dorm door there is an office with a blonde girl, say hi to her from me!! haha she was cool. and well, say hello to everyone from me, barinov, sarcov, the old guy, Vera, miss them all.

stretch every time you can, if you already have knee problems and ballerina, start considering stoping lengthening. stretch a lot, like your life depend on it. Stay strong and positive!! you are in good hands, maybe not the best but you are safe at the very least

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:22:20 PM by Rgkey » Logged

Original height. 163.5cms
Current height.  172.5cms
Operation on 6/4/13
Maria99
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »

How much have you lengthened so far prince2?
Steamroller
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #89 on: October 28, 2014, 10:11:13 PM »

Quote from: prince2 link=topic=7511. msg101413#msg101413 date=1414337939
Probably I will stay until the end of January.  That is the maximum that I can stay in Russia (6 months in total).

Why is that the maximum you can stay there? Visa issue or personal issue?
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2014, 09:24:40 AM »

Why is that the maximum you can stay there? Visa issue or personal issue?

It has to do with the visa situation. It is very complicated. When you come here you get a multiple business visa for one year. But the maximum stay is only 6 months. You are not allowed to stay more than 6 months in russia. When you get here you will get a immagration letter from the immigration service that states that you are allowed to stay in Russia for 3 months. Before it expires Oxana usually goes to the immigration office and extends it for another 3 months so that you are allowed to stay in Russia for a total of 6 months.

Yesterday some men from the immigration office came and wanted to speak to me and the irish guy who stays in my room.
Oxana did not extend his stay so that the immigration letter of the irish guy expired! Now he has to pay 2000 rubels. Oxana should have done this before it expires.

Then they talked to me. They said the invitation letter I got from Irene states that I am here in Russia to work and that the company I work for is in Moscow. I had to sign that I commited a crime by lying to them. I told them that the invitation letter I got was in russian language and I could not read it. And that I trusted the clinic that they would give me a legal invitation letter. There is some illegal stuff going on here. Irene and Oxana bring me and other patients in trouble by doing illegal stuff or being unprofessional. They told me I have to pay 2000 rubels too. We will see what happens.

Neither Irene nor Oxana or anyone asked me what the immigration office wanted. No excuses. Nothing.

Another thing that shows the unprofessionalism of the clinic: Oxana just went into the room where the irish guy and I are staying and looked in our drawers and bags to find the passport of the irish guy. When I caught her she was not even embarassed but went on. She only found the immigration letter of him and took it. She did not tell him that she took it, nor what she wants to do with it or when he will get it back.

There are a lot of more examples of similar things...

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2014, 09:50:08 AM »

do this one, it helped me a lot. get a cord around your knee and make it so with the other leg you push down the knee to make it straight. you can also use the gallons of water that they bring to the clinic, put them on your knee when they are half empty, stop turning until you fix your problem, good luck!! And im glad you are in the clinic, good for you!! the hospital can be depressing! The clinic should be much better, i dont know how many people there now, but there is people, like "normal people" lol and there used to be a calling center on the offices in the back with a lot of cute girls!! are they still there? in front of the dorm door there is an office with a blonde girl, say hi to her from me!! haha she was cool. and well, say hello to everyone from me, barinov, sarcov, the old guy, Vera, miss them all.

stretch every time you can, if you already have knee problems and ballerina, start considering stoping lengthening. stretch a lot, like your life depend on it. Stay strong and positive!! you are in good hands, maybe not the best but you are safe at the very least

Thanks very much, I will try this! Sadly the calling center is not here anymore !!! So honestly on this floor there are no beautiful girls. Did you also go to other floors to meet girls?

After the operation I thought you can forget about girls. Which girl would like to be with a guy who has cages around his legs? I was wrong! First there was this one nurse from the back corridor (in the hospital) who desperately tried to start something with me. But she was not attractive. Then I met a beautiful girl, she was patient in the hospital. I had something with her for a couple of days. Then I made a big mistake! She left the hospital and I met another beautiful girl just a day later. I kissed her and guess what happened. The other girl was in the hospital for a final check-up and saw me kissing the other girl!!! I was so stupid. Later I tried to talk to her but she did not want of course and was very angry. When I saw her leaving that day I tried to talk to her again but she ran away. I tried to go after her, but you can imagine how "fast" I was Smiley

By the way the other girl she caught me with kissed two other guys that day!!! The worst thing was that I did not have her phone number or anything to talk with her about what happened!

Anyway there were a couple of more girls that were attracted to me. What is going on here Rgkey? Are there not enough men in this country??? One patient wanted to get divorced because of me and others have boyfriends and seem not to care.

And of course I will pass on your greetings to the people! Aurika was very happy to hear from you!! She hopes you come back to volgograd!
And as you mentioned Vera, she is also desperate to try to be with me! Maybe you know katja too, she is with the italian boy who also does this operation...

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2014, 09:51:52 AM »

How much have you lengthened so far prince2?

Today it is about 4.7 cm left leg and 4.6 right leg.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »

here are some interesting information for you:

Ukrainian boy did 5 cm of lengthening. Height before: 174 cm Next month he has frame removal. Total time from operation to frame removal: 7.5 months.

Russian girl, 5 cm, many complications, 9 months in total.

Russian twins, 10 and 11 cm, height before: 164 cm and 166 cm, expected frame removal in 6 to 8 months, total time: 20 - 22 months. Many complications. Were told to stop at 5 and 7 cm.

You can see that the total time seems to be over the average time that you would expect. I dont know if that is the case for every patient in Volgograd.

Another thing that is interesting: You might expect people coming here doing this operation to have many problems with height. But most of them did not even wear lifts before. If you ask them about problems with height before operation, they say " I had no real problems". It is really strange. It is much more often just vanity than real issues with height.

MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2014, 11:27:19 AM »

Thanks very much, I will try this! Sadly the calling center is not here anymore !!! So honestly on this floor there are no beautiful girls. Did you also go to other floors to meet girls?

After the operation I thought you can forget about girls. Which girl would like to be with a guy who has cages around his legs? I was wrong! First there was this one nurse from the back corridor (in the hospital) who desperately tried to start something with me. But she was not attractive. Then I met a beautiful girl, she was patient in the hospital. I had something with her for a couple of days. Then I made a big mistake! She left the hospital and I met another beautiful girl just a day later. I kissed her and guess what happened. The other girl was in the hospital for a final check-up and saw me kissing the other girl!!! I was so stupid. Later I tried to talk to her but she did not want of course and was very angry. When I saw her leaving that day I tried to talk to her again but she ran away. I tried to go after her, but you can imagine how "fast" I was Smiley

By the way the other girl she caught me with kissed two other guys that day!!! The worst thing was that I did not have her phone number or anything to talk with her about what happened!

Anyway there were a couple of more girls that were attracted to me. What is going on here Rgkey? Are there not enough men in this country??? One patient wanted to get divorced because of me and others have boyfriends and seem not to care.

And of course I will pass on your greetings to the people! Aurika was very happy to hear from you!! She hopes you come back to volgograd!
And as you mentioned Vera, she is also desperate to try to be with me! Maybe you know katja too, she is with the italian boy who also does this operation...

Damm, that place sounds like a lot of fun Cheesy
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2014, 07:18:06 PM »

Prince,

You mentioned some of the patients had up to 22 months total and that some even had no issues with height before hand. I've read that a majority of Russian patients are there for corrective procedures. Are you sure these patients were there for cosmetic lengthening only?

Also, I'm curious about an update for the Visa situation. Are there any consequences other than the fee you had to pay?

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2014, 05:38:34 PM »

Prince,

You mentioned some of the patients had up to 22 months total and that some even had no issues with height before hand. I've read that a majority of Russian patients are there for corrective procedures. Are you sure these patients were there for cosmetic lengthening only?

Also, I'm curious about an update for the Visa situation. Are there any consequences other than the fee you had to pay?

There are two patients that are in Volgograd right now who will wear the frame around 20 to 22 months. They have to wear the frames for another 6 - 8 months. They are not doing correction. But it is true, most of the patients here are doing correction. Right now we have a russian boy who wants to do correction. His operation is tomorrow.

The Immigration service came in yesterday again. The clinic will pay the fee of 2000 rubels. There is a lot of confusion right now about the visa situation. Some patients are told they can stay here until frame removal (maximum one year). I have been told that I can stay here for a maximum of 180 days.

So for future patients: Check if the invitation letter really is from the davinci clinic or not. If not then you are staying in Russia illegal. Then you have to make sure Oxana extends your imigration letter before reaching 3 months. It is very hard (probably impossible) to extend my visa (more than six months) because the invitation letter was not from the davinci clinic.

I have to leave the country at the end of January at the latest. The only way to go back to Russia is if I get a new visa. Be careful when planning your stay here because it is not only the operation and lengthening time you need time for. Count the time before operation (for me 6 days), time before starting lengthening (about 10 days) and correction after lengthening. There is a patient who still gets his legs corrected 2.5 months after stopping lengthening. I will be probably be finished with lengtening at the end of January but I plan another 6 weeks for correction.

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2014, 06:22:34 PM »

Prince,

Thank you for the update! It's good to see that everything is okay for you.

How much have you lengthened so far? When you said you had to count 10 days before lengthening, is that counting the 6 days before your operation? Specifically, did you begin to lengthen on your 10th day in Russia (4 days after operation) or your 16th day in Russia(10days after operation)?

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2014, 06:38:17 PM »

Prince,

I read through your diary again and it looks like you didn't begin to lengthen until 16 days in to your trip. You're right. For the patients that have only a limited time , it's best to plan accordingly.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2014, 06:21:23 PM »

Day 99 (left leg about 5.3 cm, right leg about 5.2 cm)

So I am almost 3.5 months in Russia and I think that so far I made a good choice coming here. I changed my mind about the ilizarov frame that is used here in Volgograd. I used to complain about pain, but now I am without any painkillers for more than one month. At night I have no pain and I can sleep almost normally. In the daytime I am also painfree. There is just little pain when walking or exercising. But the pain is bearable. The frame is a genius apparatus. I see here how skillfull this apparatus is. The external method is not that bad as I thought. I would even recommend it, if you dont want to spend a lot of money.

On Monday I`ll have my next x-ray. I did not lengthen that much because I had to fight knee bending. It got a lot better. My legs are almost straight now. You have to be patient and very persisting when you are fighting knee bending or ballerina foot. Now I am turning the back screws 4 times and the front only 2. My tibia looks so f**king long Smiley But height is addicting man!!! I will go to 8 cm, but I have no pain at all and I am thinking of doing more...What do you think guys? My only problem is time. I have to leave at the end of january.

There are new patients arriving constantly. Today arrived one guy from ukraine who is 161 cm and wants to do 5 cm. And a girl who wants to do correction. This girl is beautiful Smiley One girl who likes me a lot already asked me how I like her. I just said "no comment", because she would probably get jealous and try to destroy it like she and her friends tried with another girl which I did not even like that much. But she was jealous so they told me that I am not her type. Then they went to the girl and said that I am not interested in her. This time I will be more careful! One reception girl invited me to her home at the weekend. But I am not interested that much. She is divorced and has a child...Nothing for me!

I already told you about this new guy who wants to do correction. One girl here is already "in love" with him. She sent him fruits and a letter to the hospital. Girls here are pretty straight forward when they like you. They will let you know that they are in to you! And they seem not to care if they have boyfriends, are married or have children.

So that is all I can tell you right now. I will try to put in pictures of my new x-ray.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.