MMT Community
October 17, 2018, 04:11:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince2 - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2014 - External Ilizarov Solamente  (Read 107307 times)
Lebron
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #440 on: June 29, 2017, 04:01:28 PM »

Quote from: prince2 link=topic=7511. msg109034#msg109034 date=1482510824
Hello Truespartan,

1.  Yes, most of them have a normal life now.  There is one guy (deathorb) who had big problems with bone consolidation.  I dont know if he has solved it.  The last thing I heard that he still had frames on about 1. 5 years after his operation.

Everybody had small problems when I was there but they were all solved (except Deathorb).  But to be honest: He did some things that I would not have done. 

2.  There were two guys who had the frame on for about 1. 5/2 years, but finally got the nail and were fine in the end.  Rgkey has a bowed leg and deathorb had bone consolidation problems.  All the others were fine as far as I know. 

I think that it is very important that you are over-cautious with your legs.  I remember when the doctor said wait 1 month until you can walk unaided I waited 6 weeks.  Or when he said after about 8 cm I have to stop I did it.  And I still am careful with heavy weights although I should be fine already. 

3.  No I dont have any plans for nail removal.  Not another surgery please . . . . I had 3 surgeries with LL.  I am done with it for now.  Maybe in 1-2 years.  

4.  Definitely.  It was a good decision to do LL with LATN. 

5.  Give me your skype-name and I will contact you.  But you can also ask anything here.

Greetings!

Prince2,

How are you now? I hope you're doing fine, and fully recovered by now, may I know how to contact you? I'm not comfortable in giving my email here as it's my fullname in it haha, I hope you can give your email so that I can connect with you, I can't send a pm yet.  I'm planning to go to Dr. Barinov by late this year and your insights and guidance as a veteran would really be helpful, hoping for your reply brother
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #441 on: June 29, 2017, 06:44:04 PM »

Hi Lebron,

I would probably go with sir Barinov late 2017 too, we have a group chat up for furure Barinov patients, if you d like to know some more, PM me on LL forum, the name is Arch aswell.

I bet Prince is jumping from joy by now Cheesy,
Lebron
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #442 on: June 30, 2017, 07:56:14 PM »

Quote from: Arch link=topic=7511. msg109414#msg109414 date=1498761844
Hi Lebron,

I would probably go with sir Barinov late 2017 too, we have a group chat up for furure Barinov patients, if you d like to know some more, PM me on LL forum, the name is Arch aswell.

I bet Prince is jumping from joy by now :D,

Hello Arch,

pm sent in the other forum
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #443 on: August 21, 2017, 06:12:15 PM »

Hi guys,

long time no update from me. It is just that I dont think about this forum anymore Smiley
Well not much news as recovery goes. I can jogg little distances, I can jump. Not more.
No fast running or no playing contact sports. But I am fine Smiley No pain or aches. Everything is fine. Kneeling on hard surface is getting better.

Living my life and having other goals. I train my legs because they are very skinny compared to before.
I am dating girls that are my height or little above. I feel much better around people. But other than this not much has changed. I am very happy I did this though Smiley

Good luck guys with your Limb lengthening!!!

Thats it guys, nothing spectacular. Hope you guys are fine Smiley

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
Jim_dabarber
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #444 on: December 16, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »

HEY when your fibula pre consolidated what kind of pain did you feel? Like a pulling and numbness type of feeling? I just started feeling that today and with this last time i lengthened it feels like the feeling has increased.  Anybody have any idea what it could be?
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #445 on: October 05, 2018, 11:24:18 PM »

Hey Guys,

just wanted to let you know that I decided to lengthen my femurs too in 2020.
Another 10 cm will be great.

Prince

jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #446 on: October 06, 2018, 01:45:11 PM »

Hey Prince, was wondering if I could ask some advice on your tibia lengthening, I read through your diary and I'm about 8 days post op, but my right knee is really, really weak compared to my left.  Was wondering if you had any problems like that.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #447 on: October 07, 2018, 03:24:37 PM »

HI, no never had a problem like this...walk as much as you can and try to strengthen the knee with exercises.

regards

jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #448 on: October 08, 2018, 07:12:56 AM »

I'm walking now, but I'm a pretty heavy dude 85kg, so it's not a lot of walking.  Only about 5 meters a day.  I did read that you said in your diary that stretching is the most important so I've been really trying to stretch as much as possible.  And unfortunately I don't have the support you guys had at Barinov in Russia, I'm doing it at Bagirov in Russia/Baku and I feel like I'm getting lost in translation.  Doing 90 degree turns on each bolt 8 times per day, apparently is 0. 8mm, but does that sound right? Just kinda worried after reading the problems you and RGKEY got into.

Anyway sorry to bother you so much man, I'm sure you know what it's like to be stuck in bed and bored in these places.  I opted out for the apartment instead of the clinic/hospital and have a girl looking after me, so my doctor really isn't there to help until my scheduled x-ray in a couple of weeks.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #449 on: October 09, 2018, 01:02:35 PM »

I'm walking now, but I'm a pretty heavy dude 85kg, so it's not a lot of walking.  Only about 5 meters a day.  I did read that you said in your diary that stretching is the most important so I've been really trying to stretch as much as possible.  And unfortunately I don't have the support you guys had at Barinov in Russia, I'm doing it at Bagirov in Russia/Baku and I feel like I'm getting lost in translation.  Doing 90 degree turns on each bolt 8 times per day, apparently is 0. 8mm, but does that sound right? Just kinda worried after reading the problems you and RGKEY got into.

Anyway sorry to bother you so much man, I'm sure you know what it's like to be stuck in bed and bored in these places.  I opted out for the apartment instead of the clinic/hospital and have a girl looking after me, so my doctor really isn't there to help until my scheduled x-ray in a couple of weeks.

First of all congratulations to your surgery! You are very brave Smiley
No! 1 turn is 0.25 mm. So usually you wait for one week after surgery (no turns). Then you turn 4 times a day (360 degrees in total). But recheck with your doctor. 8 turns seems way too much.

Yes it is very important that you do at least 3-4 hours of stretching everyday. And dont worry too much. I know you always worry if you do something wrong. But just listen to your doctor and stretch as much as you can. Then you will be fine. You are very lucky that you have your girl around. But please dont be lazy. Walk or stretch every waking hour.

Good luck!

jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #450 on: October 09, 2018, 04:46:17 PM »

Thank you man, really it's crazy but my doctor is really giving me the "just keep walking" and "take pain pills" routine.  From my point of view it seems like negligence so I'm freaking out a bit. 

The schedule he gave me was:

Day 1: 8 turns, so in your advice this is 2mm
Day 2: 8 turns
Day 3: 6 turns
Day 4: 6 turns (I could only do 2 due to pain, the ankle pin points are killing me, even just standing)
Day 5 today: 6 turns (Only 2 again, trying to walk but barely getting anywhere)
Day 6/7: 4 turns
Day 8-12: 3 turns
Day 13-36: 2 turns (x ray scheduled on day 25)

I'm just exercising by doing hip extensions, sitting in a chair and lifting my legs up.  Doing the same on my back.  Can you recommend anything else? Even the Ketanol pain pills seem to be not working so much, but trying to push through.
jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #451 on: October 09, 2018, 04:49:09 PM »

I'm also considering buying a stationary bicycle or a rowing machine to keep my legs going.  I'll try not to get lazy.

Some clarification as well for the turns.  It's a number 10 nut/bolt combination, each turn I am doing is 90 degrees, 1/4 of a full turn.  Just hope we're on the same page.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #452 on: October 09, 2018, 09:03:23 PM »

Thank you man, really it's crazy but my doctor is really giving me the "just keep walking" and "take pain pills" routine.  From my point of view it seems like negligence so I'm freaking out a bit. 

The schedule he gave me was:

Day 1: 8 turns, so in your advice this is 2mm
Day 2: 8 turns
Day 3: 6 turns
Day 4: 6 turns (I could only do 2 due to pain, the ankle pin points are killing me, even just standing)
Day 5 today: 6 turns (Only 2 again, trying to walk but barely getting anywhere)
Day 6/7: 4 turns
Day 8-12: 3 turns
Day 13-36: 2 turns (x ray scheduled on day 25)

I'm just exercising by doing hip extensions, sitting in a chair and lifting my legs up.  Doing the same on my back.  Can you recommend anything else? Even the Ketanol pain pills seem to be not working so much, but trying to push through.

I have never heard of anyone with any method or any doctor to start lengthening right away the day after the operation. Please recheck with your doctor!

Well the best exercise for me was to walk. And then when you sit on your bed bend over and "hold" your toes with your fingers. But you have to keep your legs straight (no knee bending). If you google achilles tendon stretch you will find some good exercises.
How many hours do you stretch every day?

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #453 on: October 09, 2018, 09:08:54 PM »

I'm also considering buying a stationary bicycle or a rowing machine to keep my legs going.  I'll try not to get lazy.

Some clarification as well for the turns.  It's a number 10 nut/bolt combination, each turn I am doing is 90 degrees, 1/4 of a full turn.  Just hope we're on the same page.

Yes this is a good idea. But remember that stretching is paramount.
Yes it sounds like my ilizarov. You should really clarify what 1/4 turn means in millimeter. Maybe your doctor has some insight that I am missing here but his instructions seem unusual...

jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #454 on: October 09, 2018, 09:19:10 PM »

Quote from: prince2 link=topic=7511. msg109718#msg109718 date=1539119003
I have never heard of anyone with any method or any doctor to start lengthening right away the day after the operation.  Please recheck with your doctor!

Well the best exercise for me was to walk.  And then when you sit on your bed bend over and "hold" your toes with your fingers.  But you have to keep your legs straight (no knee bending).  If you google achilles tendon stretch you will find some good exercises.
How many hours do you stretch every day?

Wow, i've been putting a pillow under my knees every night because they feel like they're locking in the wrong place.  I'll keep them straight.  I'm just stretching as much as possible as I'm in bed most of the day.  Walking is getting really difficult.

And for clarification, sorry my surgery and recovery was about 6 days, then Day 1 lengthing started.
jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #455 on: October 09, 2018, 09:21:28 PM »

Yes this is a good idea. But remember that stretching is paramount.
Yes it sounds like my ilizarov. You should really clarify what 1/4 turn means in millimeter. Maybe your doctor has some insight that I am missing here but his instructions seem unusual...

Yeah the problem is/was that only the girl I'm with is speaking Russian to them, and I'm getting second hand information. Thanks again for the info, you were right, 0.25mm per 1/4 turn.

When I asked originally in the hospital they said it was 0.1mm and the math was really off for the schedule...
jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #456 on: October 09, 2018, 09:45:21 PM »

Is there any way to fight BF while I sleep?
jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2018, 07:34:10 AM »

Took your advice man, wow what a game changer. Tried pulling my toes and slept with my feet against a flat surface last night. Painful as fuc* on my achilles and pin points and barely slept any, but was able to walk this morning more than the whole last 3 days. I can't thank you enough... it's pretty sad when my f**king doctor can't even tell me simple stuff like that. I owe you one.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #458 on: October 10, 2018, 12:54:12 PM »

Took your advice man, wow what a game changer. Tried pulling my toes and slept with my feet against a flat surface last night. Painful as fuc* on my achilles and pin points and barely slept any, but was able to walk this morning more than the whole last 3 days. I can't thank you enough... it's pretty sad when my f**king doctor can't even tell me simple stuff like that. I owe you one.

I am happy I could help you! Keep up the good work Smiley And try to stay  positive!!!

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #459 on: October 10, 2018, 01:02:45 PM »

Is there any way to fight BF while I sleep?

We had some kind of feet holders which were pulling our feet while we slept. Ask your doctor if this is also available at your place.
If you stretch 3-4 hours a day you will have a big advantag and will avoid 90 Percent of the problems that occur.
So force yourself to work on it. Most patients work on it hard when it is too late (including me)...

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.