MMT Community
December 17, 2018, 02:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince2 - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2014 - External Ilizarov Solamente  (Read 113166 times)
jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »

We had some kind of feet holders which were pulling our feet while we slept. Ask your doctor if this is also available at your place.
If you stretch 3-4 hours a day you will have a big advantag and will avoid 90 Percent of the problems that occur.
So force yourself to work on it. Most patients work on it hard when it is too late (including me)...

Okay, I'll put it in my schedule. Right now, the stretches I'm doing are the toe-touches lying down, seated leg extensions, and I'll buy a mini-bicycle tomorrow that I'll use as well. Anything else you can recommend?

Trying to look through your diary, but was there ever a fear of infection with you? I feel like the pin points have a shooting pain when I walk, but maybe it's normal. I'm cleaning the pins as much as I can possible, and it seems a little bit of white pus is there, but I'm not entirely sure.. How would you know if it's infected?

Again, sorry for all the questions. I'm a bit of a stress head.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #461 on: October 11, 2018, 06:36:06 PM »

Okay, I'll put it in my schedule. Right now, the stretches I'm doing are the toe-touches lying down, seated leg extensions, and I'll buy a mini-bicycle tomorrow that I'll use as well. Anything else you can recommend?

Trying to look through your diary, but was there ever a fear of infection with you? I feel like the pin points have a shooting pain when I walk, but maybe it's normal. I'm cleaning the pins as much as I can possible, and it seems a little bit of white pus is there, but I'm not entirely sure.. How would you know if it's infected?

Again, sorry for all the questions. I'm a bit of a stress head.

You can lean against a wall and lean forward so you stretch the achilles tendon.
No I never worried about infection. Of course you try to stay as clean as possible. If you get an infection every movement will hurt (more than the usual pain, not the usual pain when walking). Then they will give you antibiotics and the pain will go away (bacteria will be killed). Usually it is not a big issue.

Dont worry, you can ask as much as you need to.

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #462 on: October 11, 2018, 07:31:52 PM »

You can lean against a wall and lean forward so you stretch the achilles tendon.
No I never worried about infection. Of course you try to stay as clean as possible. If you get an infection every movement will hurt (more than the usual pain, not the usual pain when walking). Then they will give you antibiotics and the pain will go away (bacteria will be killed). Usually it is not a big issue.

Dont worry, you can ask as much as you need to.

I took a shot of Kasafix (for trauma) as recommended from the doctor to help with the pain, and I was walking all around my apartment almost entirely pain-free. You mention in your diaries that you were getting a shot every day when you were in the hospital, is it the same stuff? People kept mentioning morphine when I was in the hospital and this seems similar. I can see why people get addicted to this stuff haha.

Yeah I had shooting pains in my pin points, I smeared antibiotic cream all around them and it seems to have helped.

Thanks for the tips for the achilles stretches, I'm doing them as much as I can as well as riding some little mini-bike. Walking I'm only doing about 20 minutes total a day because my apartment is tiny, I don't know if it's enough. I kind of messed up and rented an apartment with stairs, so I can't really leave until I figure out how to get down them. It's been 7 days lengthening, but hope I can get out of here and walk downtown.
Haha, I think I'm out of youtube to watch...

Schedule kind of goes like this:

9 - Breakfast
10-3 - Upper body weights / bicycle work / stretching
4-8 -  kasafix shot / walking / bicycle work / stretching
9 - dinner

Any advice?
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #463 on: October 12, 2018, 12:04:23 PM »

I took a shot of Kasafix (for trauma) as recommended from the doctor to help with the pain, and I was walking all around my apartment almost entirely pain-free. You mention in your diaries that you were getting a shot every day when you were in the hospital, is it the same stuff? People kept mentioning morphine when I was in the hospital and this seems similar. I can see why people get addicted to this stuff haha.

Yeah I had shooting pains in my pin points, I smeared antibiotic cream all around them and it seems to have helped.

Thanks for the tips for the achilles stretches, I'm doing them as much as I can as well as riding some little mini-bike. Walking I'm only doing about 20 minutes total a day because my apartment is tiny, I don't know if it's enough. I kind of messed up and rented an apartment with stairs, so I can't really leave until I figure out how to get down them. It's been 7 days lengthening, but hope I can get out of here and walk downtown.
Haha, I think I'm out of youtube to watch...

Schedule kind of goes like this:

9 - Breakfast
10-3 - Upper body weights / bicycle work / stretching
4-8 -  kasafix shot / walking / bicycle work / stretching
9 - dinner

Any advice?

To be honest I dont remember what kind of shots I was given, but it was not morphine and I never had any issues with addiction. I took it because I had less pain with them. Sounds good if you can walk almost pain-free.

And good job with the cream. Seems like you have everything under control.

I am missing lunch in your daily routine plan. I hope you eat a lot of vegetables and fruits.

Also when you have stairs, put half of your foot on the stair and put all your weight on the other half so that you have a good stretch of the achilles tendon.

My doctor always stressed to walk a lot. In my opinion walking is highly overrated and stretching is underrated.
My doctor told me to walk 8 hours a day. I tried, but it should be 90 percent stretching and 10 percent walking.
Unfortunately I did not know that at that time. So upper body weight and the bicycle is hopefully 1 hour. The rest should be stretching and a little bit of walking.

One question: So everything in total is about 10 000 Euros for you?

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #464 on: October 12, 2018, 06:24:13 PM »

To be honest I dont remember what kind of shots I was given, but it was not morphine and I never had any issues with addiction. I took it because I had less pain with them. Sounds good if you can walk almost pain-free.

And good job with the cream. Seems like you have everything under control.

I am missing lunch in your daily routine plan. I hope you eat a lot of vegetables and fruits.

Also when you have stairs, put half of your foot on the stair and put all your weight on the other half so that you have a good stretch of the achilles tendon.

My doctor always stressed to walk a lot. In my opinion walking is highly overrated and stretching is underrated.
My doctor told me to walk 8 hours a day. I tried, but it should be 90 percent stretching and 10 percent walking.
Unfortunately I did not know that at that time. So upper body weight and the bicycle is hopefully 1 hour. The rest should be stretching and a little bit of walking.

One question: So everything in total is about 10 000 Euros for you?

I definitely didn't pay 10,000. I sent you a friend request on Facebook (Jordan Cayabo) or skype jordan.cayabo and I can break it down for you there, they gave me a good price so it's not really advertised. Also pricing was a lot different because I have a residency here, he even told me 2 different prices at 2 different consultations when my Russian was better. You're right in your diary, unless you iron out the pricing for everything up front, they'll try and double charge you for it. All mine included was install/remove surgery, pre-op bloodwork, and around 3 hospital days. Everything else was extra.

But, I have to say in this case you really get what you pay for. REALLY limited advice, no one to talk to, no one really watching over you. In your diary you mentioned you pre-consolidated early, hell I would have no idea until a couple of weeks for my xray.

Had an absolute cra* day today, I did a lot of walking yesterday, using trauma shots to get through it. Lengthened in the evening and tried to sleep, but the shot wore off and barely slept a wink. When I got up I was even worse, struggling to even sit up from lying down. My ankle is on fire again. Really at odds on how to do my schedule, taking the shot so late screwed my sleep completely... This is definitely the stuff I would rather pay for...

I'm eating right and my diet is on point. A lot of minerals, yogurt, proteins. But I'm also trying to drop weight so staying away from sugary/carb junk.
jcayabo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #465 on: October 30, 2018, 08:23:31 PM »

Man, so hard to do this procedure without a support system to talk with. Anyone out there still monitor this place?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.