MMT Community
December 11, 2017, 05:14:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! Please read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prince2 - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2014 - External Ilizarov Solamente  (Read 84240 times)
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 12:37:33 AM »

I heard Volgograd is safe most of the time.   There have been a few incidents, but there are so many cities that have incidents.  IMO Volgograd is safer than some cities in England where I was (and felt) fine.
Please do tell me the number of people who do LL at the same time with you, it'll be nice to know!
In England we do have loans but it's mostly to pay for housing rent etc.  There are overdrafts but they are not much, only about 1500.
What day does the LL reprocess start? Best wishes from me and everyone else on MMT Smiley

Thank you very much srimech123! I will tell you the number of people doing LL with me. But remember me if I forget it Wink
I am expecting my visa for friday. I would like to watch the final of the World Cup on sunday, hopefully with Germany winning it Smiley and start the LL journey the day after. So I am planning to travel to Volgograd on monday, 14th July. But I have not booked the flight yet. I will tell you more acurate very soon Smiley

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 06:44:55 AM »

Could you ask Dr Barinov is he'll be performing on both your legs during the surgery? Dr Bagirov only does one leg and his assistant does the other.

Also 9cm seems like a lot for tibias but then again RGKEY managed to do it and is an inspiration for all, his only current concerns are his bowleg on one side and the scars with the bowleg being his fault apparently. Dr Barinov seems like a good choice given his price and $1000 eur extra a month doesnt seem too bad, atleast you'll have company rather than being isolated in an apartment all by yourself. Good luck and keep us posted
asfastaslight
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2014, 12:26:30 AM »

Thank you very much srimech123! I will tell you the number of people doing LL with me. But remember me if I forget it Wink
I am expecting my visa for friday. I would like to watch the final of the World Cup on sunday, hopefully with Germany winning it Smiley and start the LL journey the day after. So I am planning to travel to Volgograd on monday, 14th July. But I have not booked the flight yet. I will tell you more acurate very soon Smiley
7 - 1 I think Germany is going to win Holland is good but not THAT good
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 05:38:38 PM »

About 1 week pre-operation

Today I booked my flight. I will fly to Volgograd on Wednesday, 16th July. I paid 300 for the flight.
I tried to call Irene Lisovenko to ask if she can pick me up at the airport but no one replied. I sent an e-mail with the date and exact time of my arrival in Volgograd. I hope I will get an answer soon.

I am still waiting for the visa. I should get it tomorrow. Then I got the result of the blood test, I don't have syphilis, hepatitis or HIV Smiley
I changed 200 in 8600 rubels and got a creditcard because there are no travel checks used. At least my bank did not have any.
Furthermore I resigned my health insurance of germany because I already have a insurance for russia.

Advice: You should organize all the things much earlier than I did. You should start at least 2 months before you want to do the operation. 

@asfastaslight: Well everyone said Holland is gonna make it into the final, but I was not sure. Now it is Argentina. I hope Germany wins but it will be difficult. But I hope I can celebrate sunday night Smiley

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »

About 2,5 weeks pre-operation

Bad news: On Thursday Dr. Barinov is leaving the hospital for 2 weeks. So I can't go to Russia on Wednesday and have the operation on Thursday or Friday. Irene told me that I have to rebook my flight. So I am having the operation early August. I was really looking forward to getting it done very soon. Now I have to wait a little more. Sad Unfortunately I got the information really late.

I also wanted their bank data to transfer some money. But Irene told me the bank data have changed and she couldn't get their new bank data. I hope I'll get it soon. Much confusion right now...

Reinhard
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »

Quote from: prince2 link=topic=7511. msg98343#msg98343 date=1405336847
About 2,5 weeks pre-operation

Bad news: On Thursday Dr.  Barinov is leaving the hospital for 2 weeks.  So I can't go to Russia on Wednesday and have the operation on Thursday or Friday.  Irene told me that I have to rebook my flight.  So I am having the operation early August.  I was really looking forward to getting it done very soon.  Now I have to wait a little more.  :( Unfortunately I got the information really late. 

I also wanted their bank data to transfer some money.  But Irene told me the bank data have changed and she couldn't get their new bank data.  I hope I'll get it soon.  Much confusion right now. . .
Good luck bro, don't let these obstacles discourage you  :)
MVP23
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2014, 01:18:51 AM »

Hey prince,
I am planning on going to Russia to Dr.  Barinov in the middle of August for my journey in CLL.  Hopefully I'll see you there.  If you want to contact me PM me. 
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 10:54:56 AM »

Hey guys,

I am in Volgograd right now. I came here on July 31st. I had some problems on the flight. I flew from Stuttgart to Berlin, then Berlin to Moscow and Moscow to Volgograd. The airplane from berlin to Moscow delayed so I almost missed the flight from moscow to volgograd. But I made it and at the airport Irene picked me up. Next problem was that my suitcase did not get to Volgograd. When I checked in at the airport of Stuttgart they told me I had only to pick up my suitcase in Volgograd. That was wrong. I should have picked it up in Moscow. Anyway, they want to send it to Volgograd, but it will cost extra. So now I dont have my suitcase and no charger for laptop or mobile phone. Not many clothes and other stuff. That is pretty bad.

I bought some important things like toothbrush at the supermarket near the hospital. And there is a shopping centre where I bought some clothes.

At the airport of Volgograd Irene picked me up and we drove in a car to the hospital (guest house). It took half an hour. It did not seem like a taxi although I was told that it was a taxi. Just a normal car and no payment at the end. I got a room which is for two persons, but I am alone in the room. I slept there and luckily I had something to eat with me because there was no food there that evening.

Normally food is brought to you. 3 meals a day, supper has to be warmed up because it is brought together at 1 pm.

Next day I got another blood test and I got very dizzy and had to lay down because I was not eating good before and they took a lot of blood. But I was okay after 2 minutes. Another test with my urine was made and I had a consultation with Dr. Barinov. He seems very nice. He measured my height and other stuff, made a visual transformation of how I would look like after 6 cm of lengthening. If I do more I would look inproportionate he said. Everybody tells me how difficult the procedure will be. All the patients and Dr. barinov and Irene tell me that.

Next problem is that I am not allowed to stay more than 6 months in Russia. They had problems with Rgkey because of this. So I dont know if I am able to do 9 cm. I have to fly back after 6 months and come back...

There are 2 girls in the guest house right now. One from Russia and one from Kirgisia. During the day there come many other people from the apartments who do correction aswell and stay around the guest house. All girls by the way. No leg lengthening patient here. They told me there is one in the clinic (where the operation takes place) and one Russian guy. But I never met him.

Next problem was with payment. I asked for discount but they did not give me. I get one after three months of stay they told me. My Mastercard was not working here. Had many calls to make to solve the problem. 

Next problem is that there is no internet in the clinic where I must stay for at least 1 month they told me. That is really bad. I dont know what I will be doing the whole time there. Maybe I cannot update for one month or more.

The operation is scheduled on Tuesday 5th August. After I got my blood test. I have to pay 10 000 rubels for consultation and 605 000 rubels (12 500 Euros) for operation and three months of stay.

180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 11:14:48 AM »

A whole month without internet is shocking, what will you do? Did you bring a hdd loaded with movies and shows atleast? Whats on your laptop to pass by time? Why do you have to stay in that clinic for a month, why not move to Dr Barinovs clinic where RGKEY stayed? Is that a rule they have?
Also regarding the 6 months stay, do you know why you cant stay for more than 6 months? Is there anyway around this that doesnt involve leaving the country and flying back in? If I were to go with Dr Barinov, there is no way Im coming home with the frames on... Could you fly to another country that isnt your orignal country, say Ukraine, and fly back in a day or two? lol
180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 11:16:12 AM »

A whole month without internet is shocking, what will you do? Did you bring a hdd loaded with movies and shows atleast? Whats on your laptop to pass by time? Why do you have to stay in that clinic for a month, why not move to Dr Barinovs clinic where RGKEY stayed that has internet? Is that a rule they have?
Also regarding the 6 months stay, do you know why you cant stay for more than 6 months? Is there anyway around this that doesnt involve leaving the country and flying back in? If I were to go with Dr Barinov, there is no way Im coming home with the frames on... Could you fly to another country that isnt your orignal country, say Ukraine, and fly back in a day or two? lol
crimsontide
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »

does barinov do the whole surgery himself??

i can confirm bagirov has his asst, who is a dr of course, do one leg. . .  though to be fair, bagirov does check to make sure, so ultimately, it is bagirov who makes sure all is ok. . .  though  i would not trust his asst alone. . .  all i'lll ay about that

also,  will you be awake during surgery??? i was actually awake for my surgery, as they don't do general anesthesia. . .  and i got through it, but don't think i'd want to do it again. . .   i'm all for getting knocked out  and waking up after surgery
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2014, 06:19:14 PM »

Since I had no internet I could not update. Now I got an USB-Surfstick and have internet in the hospital. I am on my 7th day since surgery. I try to recap the surgery day first.

Day 1 (surgery day), 06.08.2014

I was brought to the hospital on the day before the surgery and spend the night there. On the day of the surgery they made x-rays and brought me to the operation room. So at about 12 am I lied on the operation table and they connected my left arm to the drip. Then I had to bow over so they could inject the anesthesia so you dont feel in your legs. It took about 15 minutes until I didn't feel anything in my legs and could not move them. Dr. Barinov came in and was preparing all he needed. I was thinking if it really was the right decision to break my legs. Really bad feeling. But I guess it is normal shortly before operation.
You can choose to be awake during the operation or sleeping. Sleeping costs about 3000 rubels if I remember right. They say being awake is less traumatic, so I chose to be awake. But I had my mp3-player with me to be able to listen to some music.
They put a kind of blanket over so you don't see what they do with your legs Smiley Good that I didn't see anything Smiley You will hear a lot of hammering and drilling during operation. I was shaking most of the time. Maybe because it was cold. Dr. Barinov said that it is normal.
After 3 hours I was told that everything is fine and that I will be brought to my room. In my room I was trying to sleep a little. I felt nothing but could see the frame. Again this bad feeling if I did the right thing...
The anasthesia works for about 4 to 6 hours. At 8 pm I felt pain in my legs. It was getting worse and worse until finally at 10 pm I got an injection. These two hours were painful. Then the pain subsided.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2014, 06:25:39 PM »

And yes, Dr. Barinov does the operation himself. But he has 2-3 assistents who help him. But the most important parts of the surgery are done by him.

They put you in the hospital after operation. If you do well after about 1 month you can change to the clinic. There are pros and cons for both places. I dont think that it is bad to stay in the hospital.

And about 6 months of stay: Every international patient has to leave the country after 6 months. If it is possible to leave the country and come back the day after I dont know. I will clarify that with Dr. Barinov.

180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 12:35:36 AM »

Good to hear you are fine Prince2

1/ Did they help you look for a usb-surfstick or did you just shop around and how much was it?
2/ Where do you keep you personal belongings while you are in the hospital, there were numerous reports of theft in the previous diaries.
3/ How does the food taste? How are the nurses?

And do clarify with Dr Barinov about the flying out and back in again a few days later when you get a chance. Im guessing you'll be updating frequently now that you have the internet  Smiley
Look forward to reading about your experience as Barinov also interest me. Thanks and good luck
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 07:58:35 AM »

1) Irene came with me to buy the surfstick (they call it modem here). I paid about 20 for it. It is prepaid so you have to put money on. I did that but it didn't work in the hospital. A russian friend that I got to know in the clinic put money on it again and fixed the problem.

2) My personal belongings are in my bag. I cannot carry it with me all the time. So there is a possiblity of theft. But no thefts occurred to anyone I know here.

3) Food is bad. But I think you can't complain about food if you only pay 12 500 . You can get food from the clinic or other places if you pay Irina to get it for you. And you have to bring your own dishes to the hospital. You can take it from the clinic or bring your own from home. And you have to wash your dishes yourself from the day of the operation. So make sure you are not in a room alone the first few days after operation. After three or four days it is possible to do the dishes yourself. But the first couple of days you need help.

And the nurses are okay. They come every evening to give you an injection if you want. From what I have experienced you don't need painkillers at night. In the day it would be good to get painkillers because walking is a real struggle the first few days. Dr. Barinov recommends not to take any before lengthening and I think that it is possible. In the first week I only had bad pain in the night of the operation. All the other pain is manageable. 

MVP23
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 08:23:41 AM »

I am having trouble getting my visa application accepted.  What type of visa did you get? Did you also have trouble? If you could let me know more about it would be great because I was planning to go soon. 

Good luck with the LL process.  I hope everything turns out well for you, I am sure it will.
180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 12:09:02 PM »

Just so theres no confusion, the nurses bring you food 3 times a day but you have to clean the dishes yourself once you are done eating?  Shocked
Seems like a painful thing to do the first week?
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »

Just so theres no confusion, the nurses bring you food 3 times a day but you have to clean the dishes yourself once you are done eating?  Shocked
Seems like a painful thing to do the first week?

IMO it is almost impossible to clean the dishes in the first days. That's why check out in which room you would come. Avoid being alone in a room the first days after operation.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 02:11:42 PM »

I am having trouble getting my visa application accepted.  What type of visa did you get? Did you also have trouble? If you could let me know more about it would be great because I was planning to go soon. 

Good luck with the LL process.  I hope everything turns out well for you, I am sure it will.

I had no trouble getting a visa. You should apply for a multiple business visa. And you should have the little yellow invitation letter from irina.
Have you gone to the ambassy yourself to get the visa?

Ideally you should write an e-mail to Irina 3 months before going to Russia and ask for a invitation letter. 1 month before leaving you should apply for a visa. If you don't have so much time apply for a express visa. There are companies who do the paper work for you and get the visa at the ambassy. So you could do it with them. There should be no problem.

Thanks for the wishes!

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2014, 04:42:00 AM »

Here are some recommendations (after staying about 2 weeks in russia):

When you are in a shop and pay in rubels, check if the money you get back is correct or not.

Learn the basics in russian language before coming to russia. It would be very helpful. Most of russian people don't speak english.

Bring something to protect you from noises. It can be loud sometimes.

Come here on sunday or monday if you don't want to wait too long for the operation. On the weekend nothing is done in the clinic or in the hospital.

Take at least one fork, spoon, knife, 2 plates, 1 glass, towels and even toilet paper with you to the hospital. It is not provided in the hospital.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.