MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 11:32:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future of MMT  (Read 19495 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: July 06, 2014, 10:14:16 PM »

The spammers at the Troll Forum are at it again. They have sent me an email threatening me personally if I do not shut down MMT in the next 12 hours. They say they will expose all of my personal information to the world, as if anyone in the world cares who I am. Everyone in my personal and professional lives already knows about my LL journey. It would be a little hard to hide it. Running MMT is a hobby of mine, and I have tried to help people who felt they needed LL in any way I could.

Dr. Sarin provided these spammers with all of my personal information as revenge for me calling him out on his careless treatment of patients. I have said it before and I will say it again: I provided financial support and consulting to Dr. Sarin so that he could help provide accommodation and after care for international patients. He was supposed to pay back these funds at some point, and while he did send back a small fraction of the money I gave him, I never received any money for any of his patients. My whole purpose was to provide a better patient experience at an affordable price, something I have tried to help a few LL different LL doctors do.

Guess what assholes? MMT isn't going anywhere. MMT is much bigger than me, and it will continue on with or without me. You built your forum by spamming this one to gain members and making up all sorts of lies about me. You can bend the truth anyway you want it, but this site exists only to help those who want LL.

At the end of the day the choice to get LL is the decision of each person. It will be difficult, costly, and painful no matter what doctor you choose or what method you use. I am not important to this process. Information is.
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 10:58:56 PM »

Sounds sensible. I appreciate honesty.
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 03:49:57 AM »

I guess it's getting pretty bad with threats?

Honestly Sysop, thanks for running this forum- it's a tremendous information hub for anything LL.

If you ever feel the need to shut it down, or tired of it all, let me know and I would be willing to carry on the torch to keep this site alive.

On the other hand, you survived 2 major LL! That should make you more than strong enough to withstand petty spammers.

Cheers

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
groove311
MMT Member

Credibility -31

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »

cant u threaten them back? can u threaten them that ur gonna blow up their clinic? will they be scared then?
come on man, tell them how scared u are.

tell them that ur going to blow up their house dude.
are they gonna care?

just like they would take ur threats like popcorn, u should maybe consider their threats as popcorn.

i can be threatening 3000 people a day. is that the end of the world?
exclide
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »

can u threaten them that ur gonna blow up their clinic? will they be scared then?
Lol, sounds like jail.
danielqjohnson
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 01:47:06 PM »

Technically this is probably a particularly milquetoast form of blackmail but it's via the internet and prosecuting it is probably unrealistic and more hassle that it's worth.

Really what will determine the success or failure of the sites is which has the most value to offer; ie patient diaries and information.

cant u threaten them back? can u threaten them that ur gonna blow up their clinic? will they be scared then?

SEEMS LEGIT.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 01:52:27 PM »

Really what will determine the success or failure of the sites is which has the most value to offer; ie patient diaries and information.

I think there is room for a lot more than just two web forums about leg lengthening. My main problem with the other forum is that they built their user base by spamming this forum, and twisting the truth about my leg lengthening activism to try to turn people against me and MMT. At the end of the day, as long as people are getting the correct information about LL and making an educated choice about it, the it doesn't matter what anyone thinks about me.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »

It's a shame that people want this website closed down, but unfortunately there are strange people like that.  Overall, this website has made me want to go for LL even more than ever before, and most people seem really friendly.  So in reality, it's just a really nice community.
A lot of people say 'accept your height', but knowing the LL alternative that has had huge successes in the past, I realised there is always a way out.

SysOp, thank you very much for starting this website.  But whatever you do, don't close it down.  Brush the spammers away.

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2014, 02:25:04 PM »

It's a shame that people want this website closed down, but unfortunately there are strange people like that.  Overall, this website has made me want to go for LL even more than ever before, and most people seem really friendly.  So in reality, it's just a really nice community.
A lot of people say 'accept your height', but knowing the LL alternative that has had huge successes in the past, I realised there is always a way out.

SysOp, thank you very much for starting this website.  But whatever you do, don't close it down.  Brush the spammers away.

Thanks Srimech. I don't think I would ever shut this site down. I have been considering giving it over to new management though. I'm probably too much of an activist to run this forum without my personal biases showing through. This site might need an admin who can be less of a cheerleader. I love my life post-LL so it is hard for me not to want that for everyone, and to try to find ways to help make LL more available.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 02:51:46 PM »

Quote from: SysOp link=topic=7526. msg98097#msg98097 date=1404743104
I have been considering giving it over to new management though.  I love my life post-LL so it is hard for me not to want that for everyone, and to try to find ways to help make LL more available.

If you do so, are you still going to be a MMT user? And if not, could people still contact you? We always need an expert who has been through the LL grind  :)

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 03:07:42 PM »

If you do so, are you still going to be a MMT user? And if not, could people still contact you? We always need an expert who has been through the LL grind  Smiley

Nothing is decided yet. I think most LL Veterans don't post anymore because before LL it is a big part of your life. After LL (and after you recover, however long that takes for each person) you don't think about LL anymore and you don't need this forum.

I expect to be trying to help people with their LL for a long time, even if I am no longer admin of this forum. We will see what happens. Even today, I have skype calls set up with patients of two different doctors who want to talk about LL. If complete anonymity had been that important to me, I wouldn't have met patients face-to-face in India, New York, LA, Frankfurt, and London.
Steamroller
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 03:41:44 PM »

Quote from: SysOp link=topic=7526. msg98064#msg98064 date=1404684856
The spammers at the Troll Forum are at it again.  They have sent me an email threatening me personally if I do not shut down MMT in the next 12 hours.  They say they will expose all of my personal information to the world, as if anyone in the world cares who I am.  Everyone in my personal and professional lives already knows about my LL journey.  It would be a little hard to hide it.  Running MMT is a hobby of mine, and I have tried to help people who felt they needed LL in any way I could. 

It has been 12 hours and since you posted and it's most likely a hoax .  why do you remain anonymous if every one knows about your LL journey ?

Dr.  Sarin provided these spammers with all of my personal information as revenge for me calling him out on his careless treatment of patients.  I have said it before and I will say it again: I provided financial support and consulting to Dr.  Sarin so that he could help provide accommodation and after care for international patients.  He was supposed to pay back these funds at some point, and while he did send back a small fraction of the money I gave him, I never received any money for any of his patients.  My whole purpose was to provide a better patient experience at an affordable price, something I have tried to help a few LL different LL doctors do. 

india is home to many scams .  you should have expected someone would screw you over like that .

Guess what assholes? MMT isn't going anywhere.  MMT is much bigger than me, and it will continue on with or without me.  You built your forum by spamming this one to gain members and making up all sorts of lies about me.  You can bend the truth anyway you want it, but this site exists only to help those who want LL. 

glad to see that .  i googled " troll forum " and I didnt see much info on LL on any of the forums i found .
Steamroller
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 03:50:06 PM »

Quote from: groove311 link=topic=7526. msg98081#msg98081 date=1404711527

are they gonna care?

just like they would take ur threats like popcorn, u should maybe consider their threats as popcorn.

i can be threatening 3000 people a day.  is that the end of the world?

what is this guy saying ? blowing people up ? popcorn ?
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 04:07:08 PM »

It has been 12 hours and since you posted and it's most likely a hoax .  why do you remain anonymous if every one knows about your LL journey ?

india is home to many scams .  you should have expected someone would screw you over like that .

glad to see that .  i googled " troll forum " and I didnt see much info on LL on any of the forums i found .

The only reason I am still anonymous is that I'm planning on doing something with my new LL body to test it in a very public way. I don't want the parties giving me the opportunity to know that I did LL because I am concerned that it might affect me getting to do it. After I have to a chance to prove my new body I will tell the whole story and most likely write a book about it. If I do stop being anonymous there is a chance it will affect what I am trying to do, but that is the risk I took by being a loudmouth and trying to help push LL forward. LOL.
danielqjohnson
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »

Frankly it's a lame threat and if they do it they're going to look like dicks, and more importantly dicks without any additional blackmail material.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »

Frankly it's a lame threat and if they do it they're going to look like dicks, and more importantly dicks without any additional blackmail material.

I mostly don't care if anyone knows my name, but I do want to get my full shot at the thing I'm planning on doing with my post-LL body. Mostly to prove what can be done with the body after LL.
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2014, 04:17:28 AM »

Hmmm....I was just watching the show American Ninja- a reality show which involves all kind of people going through difficult obstacles and the like.
All the show needed was someone wearing an epic Darth Vader mask.  Grin

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
duncangunit
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »

I think I had a slight heart attack 2 years ago when MMT was down for a few days (it was a few weeks after I became a MMT member). I thought it was a very cruel joke to get the hope that a problem I once thought was insurmountable can be fixed, then suddenly the hope is all gone (not to direct this to MMT admins because I love you guys for running the site!). Having been a MMT member for 2+ years and bore this idea with me for 2+ years, MMT forum is no longer the "bible" to me to LL, but more the "travel guide" to me for the LL journey. Having read the immense body of LL resource on MMT I felt more confident and more empowered to go on my LL journal. For that, I am truly grateful for the MMT admins' work.

I keep thinking, somewhere, someone has just discovered the MMT forum, and that feeling of inadequacy, of being contained because of his/her physical height, is suddenly liberated because of this forum is a beautiful thing.

Keep going SysOp! And I wish you the best.
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 02:58:45 AM »

I'd definitely buy your book if you ever ended up writing one. I'd imagine that there are many aspects of LL that one can't really portray well in forum posts. A book would definitely do those areas a lot more justice. Heck, if your career allows for it, you could even do a movie  Grin Kind of like a nonfiction Gattaca. I seriously think that that would be pretty cool/powerful if pulled off correctly.

You'd be the first to really write a full book on the subject of cosmetic LL. It's too bad that MMTA's inchworm never got finished. But your story's definitely the more interesting and eventful one, and I'm sure that a book would also do it justice.

I, for one, think your intentions of bringing cheap LL and weightbearing ratcheting nails to those who can't afford Drs. Betz and Guichet were great. It's too bad that circumstances, human error/misunderstanding, and greed had to ruin what was truly a fantastic and feasible idea. I hope that in the future, more people will try to follow in your footsteps to push LL forward and make it cheaper. You've done your part, though, and I think that you can "retire" from your post as admin with dignity if that's what you intend to do. I just hope that the site stays up for years to come, and that significant advances in bone lengthening technology will be discussed here in the not too distant future.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 10:58:19 PM »

I mostly don't care if anyone knows my name, but I do want to get my full shot at the thing I'm planning on doing with my post-LL body. Mostly to prove what can be done with the body after LL.

What do you do for a living, SysOp? I know you do some acting, but is that your main career right now?

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.