MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:29:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Future of MMT  (Read 19494 times)
stevie
LL Veteran
MMT Member

Credibility 188

« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 12:18:34 AM »

Sysop,

Please reconsider my PM to you last month.

I can make mmt bigger, way bigger... Smiley
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2014, 06:20:00 AM »

Quote from: MiracleGrow link=topic=7526. msg98337#msg98337 date=1405306725
I'd definitely buy your book if you ever ended up writing one.  I'd imagine that there are many aspects of LL that one can't really portray well in forum posts.  A book would definitely do those areas a lot more justice.  Heck, if your career allows for it, you could even do a movie  Grin Kind of like a nonfiction Gattaca.  I seriously think that that would be pretty cool/powerful if pulled off correctly.

You'd be the first to really write a full book on the subject of cosmetic LL.  It's too bad that MMTA's inchworm never got finished.  But your story's definitely the more interesting and eventful one, and I'm sure that a book would also do it justice. 

I, for one, think your intentions of bringing cheap LL and weightbearing ratcheting nails to those who can't afford Drs.  Betz and Guichet were great.  It's too bad that circumstances, human error/misunderstanding, and greed had to ruin what was truly a fantastic and feasible idea.  I hope that in the future, more people will try to follow in your footsteps to push LL forward and make it cheaper.  You've done your part, though, and I think that you can "retire" from your post as admin with dignity if that's what you intend to do.  I just hope that the site stays up for years to come, and that significant advances in bone lengthening technology will be discussed here in the not too distant future.

Oh please, writing a book does nothing other than self-profit at the cost of throwing the LL community under the bus.  There are plenty of diaries for information.  We already have MMTA and another guy who wrote books.  Does any LLer needs to cash on it?
Greekster
LL Hero
MMT Member

Credibility 106

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2014, 02:55:26 AM »

What's going on these days in this forum since I've been gone???  Why all the mayhem???  And what's the need for another leg lengthening forum?

Lengthened femurs 4 inches with Dr. Betz in 2009, and lengthened tibias 3 inches in Beijing Institute in 2011.  Went from 5'8 to 6'3.  Life has been absolutely great ever since!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2014, 04:29:45 AM »

What's going on these days in this forum since I've been gone???  Why all the mayhem???  And what's the need for another leg lengthening forum?

Mostly because Sysop is a terrible person for wanting to help make LL more available and more affordable, from what I understand.

There is a lawsuit out there over it, subpoenas are being served, and all of the parties will get to meet face-to-face to present their side in a court of law. 
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2014, 04:52:35 AM »

What's going on these days in this forum since I've been gone???  Why all the mayhem???  And what's the need for another leg lengthening forum?

This may not be the appropriate thread for this, but welcome back Greekster! How have you been? I hope that your LL has been well worth it and that life has been treating you very well at your sweet new height of 6'3?

SysOp, thanks for trying to make LL more available. It will be interesting to see how the lawsuit plays out. But what can be done about the fact that many subpoena'd parties reside outside of the United States?

Also, do you know of any current or upcoming option(s) to safely do internal femurs for $30,000 or less? I think my proportions would look much better if I lengthened my femurs by 7-8 CM than if I increased my tibiae by the same amount. Unfortunately money is the limiting factor for me, as I'm currently investing in my college education, and don't have the money to pay for the more expensive internal femur lengthening options. But if I had the money, or if there were an option that was affordable to me, I'd be ready to start my LL journey almost right away.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2014, 05:59:48 AM »

SysOp, thanks for trying to make LL more available. It will be interesting to see how the lawsuit plays out. But what can be done about the fact that many subpoena'd parties reside outside of the United States?

As I understand it, most of the hosting companies and domain registrars are based in the US. They have all of the contact information and IP addresses for many of the parties involved. Those in the US will be brought to trial in the US in the civil suit. There is a criminal cases pending in Singapore that is awaiting the evidence gathered by the US based attorneys in the subpoenas, and there may be civil suits in a few other counties.
itsmylife
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2014, 08:39:55 PM »

Hi sysop, I want to start a diary on Dr Bagirov in Russia.  now post-op day 6.  pls let me know if I can.  I tried to press your profile but I can't.  I cant even start a new thread.  thanks! :D I can post videos of my walking without crutches.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2014, 09:04:22 PM »

Not sure really, apparently the admins other LL forum are trolls. Btw, congrats on becoming 6'3! I look up to you Smiley

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
itsmylife
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2014, 09:39:02 PM »

my walking video to show I am genuine!
hxxp: www. youtube. com/watch?v=GrLLLNJGI6I
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2014, 12:27:57 AM »

my walking video to show I am genuine!
hxxp: www. youtube. com/watch?v=GrLLLNJGI6I

SysOp,

Why don't you let patients open diaries? We're not going to have some diaries that we could otherwise have, which is the main use of this website.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2014, 01:34:49 AM »

SysOp,

Why don't you let patients open diaries? We're not going to have some diaries that we could otherwise have, which is the main use of this website.

Anyone can open a diary. Do you want me to open one for you?
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 09:28:32 PM »

Not sure really, apparently the admins other LL forum are trolls. Btw, congrats on becoming 6'3! I look up to you Smiley

The admins on the other forum are fine. The only real difference is the is that they are not as strict in moderation as Sysop, which can be both a good and bad thing. If I were you, i'd open up an account of the other forum, also. There are a lot of people there that have good advice to give.

I think the political war between the forums are kind of stupid.

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2014, 11:08:02 PM »

The admins on the other forum are fine. The only real difference is the is that they are not as strict in moderation as Sysop, which can be both a good and bad thing. If I were you, i'd open up an account of the other forum, also. There are a lot of people there that have good advice to give.

I think the political war between the forums are kind of stupid.

I have an account on The Troll Forum already. I just use MMT more. Smiley

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2014, 01:13:09 AM »

The admins on the other forum are fine. The only real difference is the is that they are not as strict in moderation as Sysop

you're good at telling jokes
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2014, 02:15:15 AM »

you're good at telling jokes

They aren't. I haven't had any trouble at all from them.

ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2014, 02:17:03 AM »

I have an account on The Troll Forum already. I just use MMT more. Smiley

Why is it a troll forum? The admins are good people; they just decided to part ways with MMT, and there is nothing really wrong with that.

Supduder
MMT Member

Credibility -35

Damnnnnnnn is a b**** who wants to blow everybody.

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 03:27:34 AM »

Why is it a troll forum?

It's an automatic filter that turns the other site's initials into The Troll Forum.

My karma is negative because the user Damnnnnnnn is a spiteful woman who negs my karma daily.
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2014, 06:50:57 AM »

It's an automatic filter that turns the other site's initials into The Troll Forum.

Lol really? Let me try it out.

The Troll Forum

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2014, 08:11:42 AM »

The Troll Forum   

OMG i never realized that

hahahaha +1 Sysop!

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2014, 03:43:35 PM »

The Troll Forum Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.