MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:55:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS! Please make sure that you only post general questions on the 'General Questions' board or you'll get a lot of flames - and make sure you read the FAQs and DIARIES first Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MMT Scam / Haters / General Bullshit  (Read 7073 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: July 09, 2014, 03:47:23 PM »

I'm sorry that I keep having to address these things, because I know that most people who come here don't really care. We are all here to learn about leg lengthening. I am here for a bit more than that. I consider myself somewhat of a leg lengthening activist and I have tried to find ways to help provide less expensive leg lengthening options to those who are interested in it. I know some people feel that is beyond the scope of what the admin of a web forum should be doing, but luckily there is a whole forum now for those people to despise me for what I am trying to do.

Let's just spell out some of the facts:

- I did loan Dr. Sarin $10,000 USD to help him set up his guest house so that he could accommodate international patients. It was my goal to have patient aftercare properly managed since most doctors do not manage their aftercare theirselves and this leaves some patients to do a poor job of taking care of themselves.
- Dr. Sarin had 67 patients over a year and a half that had LL surgery with him that discovered him through reading diaries of his patients on MMT.
- Of those 67 patients, a few had complications that Dr. Sarin fixed, and a few had complications that they chose to try to address on their own with other doctors. Every patient has recovered, is walking, and is taller. Some of these patients should not have been treated in my opinion because they did not know what they were getting into and were not prepared for how long it takes to recover. While I personally think Dr. Sarin makes bad choices about patient aftercare, he was always a competent doctor when he wanted to be.
- While Dr. Sarin grossed roughly $1,000,000 from his patients, I never even received my entire loan amount back, let alone any other sums or payments.
- I did not coerce, encourage, force, or cajole anyone to have surgery with Dr. Sarin. I did feel and do feel that LON is the fastest, least expensive way to get taller and I have always wanted to help provide an alternative to the external only lengthening that they provide in Russia. Dr. Sarin provided that alternative to the people who chose to use him, and the moment I felt he was no longer a good option for people I yelled it from the rooftops. I did this knowing I would never get all of my loaned money back.
- I did try to get the Betzbone approved in India and I did try to get the PRECICE license in India. Dr. Betz didn't trust Dr. Sarin enough to let him have the Betzbone, and once I realized that Dr. Sarin could not be trusted, I stopped pursuing the license and Ellipse Tech (the manufacturer of the PRECICE) went with a different distributor in India.

I'm not quite sure how any of that makes MMT a "scam" and me a "villain", but I don't mind playing the role of the anti-hero. As far as I can tell, some people who don't like my means or methods decided to start a web forum about LL based on the "fact" that MMT is a lie and I am trying to "scam" prospective LL patients.

Furthermore, what was the real purpose of this other web forum getting cozy with Dr. Sarin in order to get him to give them all of his email correspondence? It sure wasn't to help people learn about LL. It was a personal vendetta because they believe that my approach to LL advocacy is wrong.

Lastly, most LL patients want their identity to be kept secret because they don't want other people to know about their LL. What kind of faith and trust can you put in people whose sole purpose is to try to reveal the identity of someone who did LL because they don't like him? How long will it be until you anger the wrong person on their site and they are trying to reveal all of your private information to anyone who will listen?
Hanna
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 28

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 04:17:04 PM »

Thank you for clarifying. That's what I thought about this whole debate, too.
Sad, that you are not able to post this on the other forum...

Starting height: 1,58m
Goal: 1,65m
OP: 31.10.2013

Finished lengthening: 28.02.2014
Achieved: 9cm
New height: 1,69cm
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 04:33:40 PM »

Thank you for clarifying. That's what I thought about this whole debate, too.
Sad, that you are not able to post this on the other forum...

I tried to join their forum to make peace with them, but they deleted all of my posts and banned me. I find it ironic that they have now gone and done all of the same things they accused me of doing when founding their forum. I have said over and over that I think there is room for a lot of web forums about leg lengthening. There are hundreds of sites about bodybuilding. It would be great if there were hundreds of sites about LL.

Let's hereby put this topic to rest forever on this forum. I feel I have adequately addressed all of the allegations. Let's move on with our lives and talk about LL going forward.
ExtraIce
n00b

Credibility -1

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 05:29:42 PM »

Why did you ban people when they first mentioned your dealings with Dr.  Sarin? With your story evolving and changing over time, I just find it very hard to believe.

Also, do you honestly expect us to believe a bunch of so-called trolls are going to go through he hassle of setting up a forum just to troll you and this forum? Apparently, these forums are very expensive to run seeing us you asked for donations and still accept them.

How much money did you loan to Dr.  Sringari? Was he meant to be the new Dr.  Sarin?
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 05:48:28 PM »

Why did you ban people when they first mentioned your dealings with Dr.  Sarin? With your story evolving and changing over time, I just find it very hard to believe.

Also, do you honestly expect us to believe a bunch of so-called trolls are going to go through he hassle of setting up a forum just to troll you and this forum? Apparently, these forums are very expensive to run seeing us you asked for donations and still accept them.

How much money did you loan to Dr.  Sringari? Was he meant to be the new Dr.  Sarin?

I never banned anyone for questioning my motives in helping Dr. Sarin set up his guest house. I banned some individual people at his guest house who attacked me personally because I had met them and then told Dr. Sarin some of the complaints his patients had made. Some of them were upset at me because they felt they would experience retribution from him. Just the fact that a doctor taking care of his patients would even think of such a thing was one of the many reasons I started telling people to avoid Dr. Sarin. I had not named names to him, but I did make it clear that he wasn't doing the job that his patients had paid for. This upset him and some of his patients. I understand how they felt, but didn't know what else to do. I've always regretted the heavy-handed way I dealt with Dr. Sarin and some of the people that I upset at his guest house. But frankly I didn't know what else to do. I had warned him over, and over, and over that he needed to do a better job taking care of PT and preventing complications with his patients. I didn't feel it was fair to leave his name on the recommended list of this forum when he told me point blank to my face that money was more important to him than patient care. I understand why he hates me and wants to try to get as many other people to hate me as he can. He grossed over a million dollars from patients that learned his name from patient diaries on this site. He had a substantial business built on international patients. But he put numbers ahead of people, and I wasn't going to stand by while his patient care got worse and worse and the experiences of his patients did too.

This forum isn't expensive to run, but it isn't free, and as you can see it takes a lot of personal time to admin one. I think others should share the cost if they are going to use it.

Yes, I do think someone in their early 20's who has a lot of free time on their hands would not have a problem spending a lot of time harassing me or this forum simply because they don't agree with the way I have done some things.

I hope no one will ever be the "new" Dr. Sarin. I did provide money so that Dr. Sringari could set up a guest house and take international patients. I worked with his managers to try and set up a vigorous PT schedule and insisted that he make his patients walk while lengthening. I think there was some mismanagement done by some of his managers, but I think all but one of his patients had an excellent result. I have heard from one patient that another who got a bone infection after he went home was treated by a local doctor because he did not want to return to India to have it treated. I honestly was never very involved so I don't really know much about all of his patients. It's unfortunate that one of his patients had a complications\, but complications are a part of LL and every doctor has patients who get them (even those who swear they do not). I had a bone infection myself that had to be treated.

I think it's difficult to take care of patients while they are lengthening especially in a country that is foreign to them and has different standards. I can understand why many doctors don't provide after care themselves, but it is an essential part of the leg lengthening journey that is often not managed properly by both patients and doctors.

There were a lot of diaries written by patients of Dr. Sarin that explained the good and bad parts of having surgery with him and staying in his guest house. It was only later that we all learned (including me) that some people may have been sugar coating their experiences because they were afraid of Dr. Sarin. Regardless, his patients have all recovered, and a lot of people got taller for a very inexpensive price compared to what the expensive doctors charge. I think some patients had not done their research properly and expected an easy lengthening and then blamed me for them choosing Dr. Sarin and having a difficult time. Even those patients have recovered.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 07:53:18 PM »

Reading about Dr Sarin on the internet before I left showed nothing but good.

Speaking to Dr Sarin before I did decide to do the surgery was very encouraging and the last thing that relaxed me about the surgery.

During lengthening I had a good time, mostly. When I suffered issues Dr Sarin always came immediately and helped in a proper way - regardless what the clock was showing.

The physio was a complete joke.
The manager tried his best but abandoned me when I was sick so I couldn't eat for 20 hours(waiting for yoghurt).

Dr Jamal examined my legs and ankles and says I'll be 100% back if I do regular physio. I'm not sure he also meant my X-legs, but I hope he did.

Other patients were not as lucky as me at Dr Sarin's place though.

More pictures of proportions. Touch your shoulders!!

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 08:10:55 PM »

Reading about Dr Sarin on the internet before I left showed nothing but good.

Speaking to Dr Sarin before I did decide to do the surgery was very encouraging and the last thing that relaxed me about the surgery.

During lengthening I had a good time, mostly. When I suffered issues Dr Sarin always came immediately and helped in a proper way - regardless what the clock was showing.

The physio was a complete joke.
The manager tried his best but abandoned me when I was sick so I couldn't eat for 20 hours(waiting for yoghurt).

Dr Jamal examined my legs and ankles and says I'll be 100% back if I do regular physio. I'm not sure he also meant my X-legs, but I hope he did.

More pictures of proportions. Touch your shoulders!!

I don't know Sweden, that doesn't sound like much of smoking gun. It seems like you are doing OK after everything. Surely you must blame me for something. I thought I screwed everyone over? Tongue
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 10:47:14 PM »

I thought I screwed everyone over? Tongue

Of course not, without your words of wisdom I would be a 5'8 person for the rest of my life.

Maybe that Sarin bloke had a good moment then :p

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 11:31:29 PM »

All I know is that I'm very convinced about Betz and Guichet....that's all I cared to know.
Live and let live

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 03:14:58 AM »

The only thing that I care to say is that it would have been a dream come true if this whole ordeal had gone as initially planned/hoped. I think that Sysop's initial idea was great and would have been a win win for everyone if it had worked out. It's just too bad that circumstances prevented it from ever coming to fruition as envisioned. The Betzbone is truly an amazing nail, especially because of the degree of weight bearing it allows. Same goes for Albizza and G-Nail. To think that those of us who are less financially endowed could potentially have had access to these sophisticated but expensive nails if circumstances and events had only gone a little differently amazes and me. It's somewhat like finding out after the fact that you were one away from winning the lottery. But what we need to realize is that such is the nature of life. Things can shape up to be perfect and then suddenly not turn out that way. Disappointments come out of nowhere, even when things look like they're going to be perfect, here's no use in playing the "what if" game. I just hope that, moving forward, this forum can help people in a realistic manner, and that it can play a role in making LL safer and more attainable. It's not my role to blame or judge, and I sincerely hope that positive things lie ahead for this forum and all of its members.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
gettingtaller
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 09:04:48 PM »

I just got a message on the other forum urging me to boycott this one. Hmmm, I guess I just failed to do that.

Internal femur surgery with Betz Feb 2014
Thought I'd achieved goal of 9.2cm on 24 May 2014 but my new height would suggest I managed 10cm!
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »

People from the other forum are   manipulated by administration and they dont even know about it.  I posted few post pointing out that the whole idea of trying to destroy Sysop life  is unfair and the whole situation with Sarin is exaggerated. After that they claimed that im sysop or tall, which is funny because i never met any of of them. At the end they deleted my posts.
It's kinda funny coz at the beginning someone said that sysop manages the forum through tyranny and deleting posts. Well they do exactly that:)
Anyway my login was madmen and im sure they gonna read this Smiley 
MAN-OF-STEEL
MMT Member

Credibility 2

It's not an "S"...

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2014, 05:22:07 PM »

I find that most people complaining over there haven't even done LL to be so emotional/vocal about it.

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith.  The trust part comes later.
MillionKnives
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2015, 05:49:51 AM »

Even after reading all that, I still believe Dr Sarin would be a good option, well that and reading Sweden's diary too.   :)
MillionKnives
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2015, 05:53:32 AM »

Hey, I'm wondering if there are any LL surgeons available in Canada/Ontario? Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.