MMT Community
January 17, 2017, 05:13:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Height and Proportions Discussion - Eli Manning  (Read 8736 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: July 12, 2014, 03:10:59 PM »

There is a natural variation in human proportions that some people who do limb lengthening can take advantage of. Some people start with short legs and long torsos, and some start with short torsos and short legs. There is an amount that each person can lengthen and still look "normal" (if of course "normal" matters more to that person than just more height). I've always believed that some of us who started with very short legs never looked "normal" naturally, and that LL can make us look much more "normal" than nature and our environments ever did.

In this photo we have American Football Player Eli Manning, who is agreed to be about 6' 4" (193 CM) tall. I don't know if it is just the angle of the photo, but here his legs look very, very look compared to his torso size and arm length. A huge percentage of his height seems to be in his femurs. He does have quite large hands though which somewhat balances him out. To side of Mr. Manning is a fan who is appoximately 5' 5" tall (165 CM). This fan has fairly long legs to begin with, but I do believe that he could still lengthen 6 inches (15 CM) and look within a reasonable natural range. He could get up to 5' 11" (180 CM) and would still look fairly normal with a leg length to torso proportion similar to Mr. Manning. What do you think?

Spiderprowler
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:01:07 PM »

Are you sure he's 5'11 in the second picture? Eli's forehead is probably about 4.5 inches long, so the top of a 5'11 guy would reach to at least Eli's eyebrows...
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 10:28:50 PM »

He looks proportionate in the second picture because his shirt extends to a point bellow his waistline, giving off the illusion that his waist is lower than it really is. If his shirt were tucked in, though, I'm afraid that he'd look much less proportionate, and maybe even freaky. Personally, I don't think being tall is worth it in exchange for looking noticeably freaky or disproportionate. 

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 11:27:03 PM »

Are you sure he's 5'11 in the second picture? Eli's forehead is probably about 4.5 inches long, so the top of a 5'11 guy would reach to at least Eli's eyebrows...

It was a rough estimate. I can try to measure better.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 11:29:57 PM »

He looks proportionate in the second picture because his shirt extends to a point bellow his waistline, giving off the illusion that his waist is lower than it really is. If his shirt were tucked in, though, I'm afraid that he'd look much less proportionate, and maybe even freaky. Personally, I don't think being tall is worth it in exchange for looking noticeably freaky or disproportionate. 

I think Eli Manning in this photo has the same proportions that some people consider "freaky" even though they are completely natural to him.

It is definitely a personal decision whether height or proportions are more of a priority. Some people can get away with a lot of lengthening, and some people cannot. Smiley
raoniclegs
MMT Member

Credibility 3

"image is everything" andre agassi

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 10:09:13 AM »

its not common that long legged people come up with short arms, i know a great number of guys who has a couple of inches over me  but their legs are like 5-6 inch longer, thing is the have longer arms too, i would never think that this sportsman had LL but whith henry cavill i had my doubts, anyway in that pictures i think the faceless man can pull off very well the increase but looks like 7 inches shorter, 174 cm maybe, no way 180
T0nyC
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »

I got the faceless guy proportion (in the first pic) and i do agree that the 2nd pic shows a well proportioned 6'4 /5'11.  I'm that height and my cousin is Eli's height and proportion.  So in our photos we look like those two.
When I first came to this forum i was thinking to increase my height to 6'2 and I thought that the result might looks freaky but now, thanks to this forum, i think i could increase even more but i rather stay with the 3 inches.
Rains
MMT Member

Credibility 1

Jailbreak Karma

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 11:03:41 PM »

EM had LL or what? His arms are freakishly short.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 11:38:54 PM »

*sigh*  Roll Eyes
Just about everyone is proportionate to begin with. What makes the difference is the body type: muscular, obese, skinny or if the dude is slouching. Some tall guys slouch bc they feel uncomfortable in their height.

Clothes fool the eye when we tuck in our shirts or let the Tshirt hang over our pants.

I've found that wearing long yet good looking Tshirt over my jeans makes me look taller and just overall better than when I tuck it in my jeans.

We can get away with 15cm of lengthening but we need to dress for it too.

Apotheosis is a pioneer when it comes to body transformation. He must be the first person ever to change that much about himself. Healthy or not it doesn't matter bc it's not our business. I can actually relate to it coming from a family where everyone is tall - except me.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
aerys01
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 12:45:07 PM »

I think it looks good.  It may not be perfect, but who is it? If you are taller and well-dressed, it's worth it.  able to recruit a large T-shirt.  if you go to the beach a bit pushed below the boxers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.