MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:42:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! You must read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maymetaller - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Taller With PRECICE II  (Read 54978 times)
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 08:37:25 AM »

Don't worry, with each passing day after surgery your legs will feel better & better...

Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2014, 08:51:22 AM »

Don't worry, with each passing day after surgery your legs will feel better & better...
Tall I woke up from an hour nap from a numb burning sensation on my left leg and burning water feeling on my right leg and hands. Did you ever encounter this?
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »

Scary...
Ask Dr. how did your vessel rupture and where did he snip it...
It was just a random rupture and he said he did a compartment release so my left leg is good now thankfully but there is still a very very very small chance of getting it in my right leg. The nurses here are so attentive and nice that im honestly not worried though and compartment symndrome is greater if I did tibias.
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2014, 06:31:10 PM »

Update Day 2

- Hey guys so today has been pretty painful. I woke up around 6:50 AM to Dr. M and he tested my mobility by bending and lifting my knees and DAMN did it hurt like crazy. My teeth were literally chattering from the pain... He told me I am doing great and that the way my legs are healing and my current state that compartment syndrome highly unlikely. I starter feeling ALOT of pain in my knees (8/10 pain level) after Dr. M left and tried to hold off on pain meds for as long as possible and lasted for an hour before they injected my pain medicine in my IV which tool the pain away instantly.

- PT came in today and let me warn you all now that your first PT session will hurt like hell! I stood up and walked on the walker a lot and they taught me how to get in and outta bed. I felt really sharp pains with most of my steps but the PT said that it will eventually lessen to nothing as the swelling goes away. Due to the IT band release and the compartment release from the blood vessel rupture in my left leg there is a lot less mobility in my left leg than my right.

- If there is one advice I can give you all its to PUSH THROUGH the PT no matter how much it hurts. It will feel like you can't do something but you need to mentally push that thought aside say yolo and get that shi* done... I feel a whole lot better and loose in my lower half of my body now Smiley
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 12:02:06 AM »

Update

- Hey guys a little update for you I just had my 2nd PT session and tried walking using the handlebar things. I can honestly say that I have never been in so much pain in my entire life. I know guys shouldn't cry especially a guy in his early 20s but I couldn't stop crying and am still crying from all that pain as I write this. I don't want to give to much info about myself because of privacy but even with that excruciating pain and crying for 30 mins straight in front of the PT I still don't regret this decision. If you keep up with my diary you know that I am 5'7 and yet I still got called short all the time and after so many years it just got to me. I would walk around school campus and always compare my height with people and it killed me inside everytime I did. 5'7 honestly isn't even short but when a random little girl from my church randomly told me I was short in front of my friends I laughed with my friends but inside you don't know how much it killed me inside. My PT is a real awesome guy and makes me laugh even with all the pain so I just want to let you know that if you get a PT named Michael in this hospital then you are REALLY lucky.

- The few weeks of pain will be worth the years and years of mental pain guys. I'm still bawling my eyes out as I finish up this post and I just want to let those of you who are considering this surgery to really be mentally prepared. Hoping everything gets better going to try to sleep...
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 12:24:53 AM »

Hey Maymetaller,  under the circumstances I think no one will think any less of you for crying - stay strong.   I will be in your position in 6 weeks time.   hopefully by then your painful days are over.   Out of curiosity I would think that during these first few days you would be highly medicated.   If not why not? 
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 01:21:35 AM »

Hey Maymetaller,  under the circumstances I think no one will think any less of you for crying - stay strong.   I will be in your position in 6 weeks time.   hopefully by then your painful days are over.   Out of curiosity I would think that during these first few days you would be highly medicated.   If not why not? 
Are you going with Dr. M as well? And yes they give me either pill for pain that doesnt help at all or a painkiller shot through my IV which drowna the pain completely but leaves me really drowsy. After my last PT I used the shot and the pain went away but not completely. Hopefully few more days of this extreme pain then very little pain...
programdude
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 4

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 03:22:52 AM »

Update

- Hey guys its midnight and Im laying in bed in so much pain... My right knee is throbbing with pain and my left leg is mildly in pain but very sore and stiff. Just to let all of you who haven't done this surgery that even with a pro like Dr. M to expect crazy pain. I thought I was mentally  ready for this surgery but honestly this pain is just WOW... Ima push through though because these few days of pain is worth the years and years of mental pain from my height. Im not trying to scare anyone from this procedure only simply letting you know that the pain you're expecting is actually twice as much. Its only been the first day so I'm HOPING this will end soon...
You say it how it is man. Cant imagine undertaking this in a sub par hospital.

Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,7536.0.html

Starting height: slightlyyy below 5 8
Goal Height-:5 11
programdude
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 4

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 03:26:36 AM »

Your advice is spot on too- about forcing through the pain.

And I didn't cry, but oh boy did I scream and shake. I see people always laughing that internals has no pain involved.... Later sure, but you'd better believe those first days will build your character like nothing else.

Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,7536.0.html

Starting height: slightlyyy below 5 8
Goal Height-:5 11
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 03:59:10 AM »

Your advice is spot on too- about forcing through the pain.

And I didn't cry, but oh boy did I scream and shake. I see people always laughing that internals has no pain involved.... Later sure, but you'd better believe those first days will build your character like nothing else.
Yeah if you think about it its honestly like torture and damn by the time im outta bed im exhausted aa hell and pain is just streaming through my entire body not just my legs.
Insane
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 04:40:58 AM »

Interesting you even got ITB release? No one even got me to move the 2nd day. I wonder if it’s just your case or Dr. M has changed his policy…

Internal femurs
Precice II
Dr. Mahboubian
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 05:48:43 AM »

Interesting you even got ITB release? No one even got me to move the 2nd day. I wonder if it’s just your case or Dr. M has changed his policy…

Yeah and now I have little blood and am still losing blood so they are trying to give me some but my temperature keeps going up and down... I just keep having problem over problem -_-
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 08:04:52 AM »

Stay strong, the first days after surgery are the most difficult. We're cheering you on!!!! Remember you have two broken bones in your body, for some this is more traumatic. Soon you'll be lengthening & getting taller! Smiley

Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 05:21:42 PM »

What tall said soon you will be getting taller.  I'm doing my LL with Dr M on September 18.
Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 07:55:56 PM »

Update

- Hey guys a little update for you I just had my 2nd PT session and tried walking using the handlebar things. I can honestly say that I have never been in so much pain in my entire life. I know guys shouldn't cry especially a guy in his early 20s but I couldn't stop crying and am still crying from all that pain as I write this. I don't want to give to much info about myself because of privacy but even with that excruciating pain and crying for 30 mins straight in front of the PT I still don't regret this decision. If you keep up with my diary you know that I am 5'7 and yet I still got called short all the time and after so many years it just got to me. I would walk around school campus and always compare my height with people and it killed me inside everytime I did. 5'7 honestly isn't even short but when a random little girl from my church randomly told me I was short in front of my friends I laughed with my friends but inside you don't know how much it killed me inside. My PT is a real awesome guy and makes me laugh even with all the pain so I just want to let you know that if you get a PT named Michael in this hospital then you are REALLY lucky.

- The few weeks of pain will be worth the years and years of mental pain guys. I'm still bawling my eyes out as I finish up this post and I just want to let those of you who are considering this surgery to really be mentally prepared. Hoping everything gets better going to try to sleep...

My friend .... You need to be mentally strong... Your body has had a major shock due to the surgery.. Give it two weeks... And things will improve...  You can do it...!!!! Wink
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2014, 12:24:12 AM »

Update Day 3

- Its been 3 days since my surgery and so far still no good... Dr. M came in at like 10ish and said I was doing great and that I would get to go back to the hotel. Did PT and yes it hurt a lot but I have to do it. Ended up spilling my ice pack water because they didn't close it right but it spilled as I was getting discharged from the hospital. Transportation is a B! It hurts 10/10 getting out of bed, getting in the car, and out of the car... My legs were literally cracking as I tried to transport but hopefully ill get better as time goes by. I have a family member helping me out at the hotel and he is helping me do exercises to get a better ROM. So far this shi* hurts so bad and I am slightly regretting but its probably from all the pain...
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2014, 05:55:53 AM »

Tall I woke up from an hour nap from a numb burning sensation on my left leg and burning water feeling on my right leg and hands. Did you ever encounter this?

No I didn't, but it may be nerve pain. what does Dr. M say?

Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2014, 06:35:30 AM »

Update

- Hey guys so I just tried to use the bathroom for the first time. I tried to back up with the stupid walker and mis stepped because it has no wheels in front and stumbled backwards twice and fell straight on my ass and hit my head on the wall. I can't explain the amount of pain I experienced. I feel completely useless. I managed to get back up on the walker and get back to my bed but not without hearing a few cracks. I took a pain pill and put ice on my legs and the pain is slowly leaving my body. I hope I didn't mess up one of the rods or something...
Insane
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 07:21:14 AM »

Update

- Hey guys so I just tried to use the bathroom for the first time. I tried to back up with the stupid walker and mis stepped because it has no wheels in front and stumbled backwards twice and fell straight on my ass and hit my head on the wall. I can't explain the amount of pain I experienced. I feel completely useless. I managed to get back up on the walker and get back to my bed but not without hearing a few cracks. I took a pain pill and put ice on my legs and the pain is slowly leaving my body. I hope I didn't mess up one of the rods or something...

Take it easy...hopefully the nails are ok  Undecided

Internal femurs
Precice II
Dr. Mahboubian
josh87
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 07:59:14 PM »

Easy there, don't worry bro, we're pulling for you.  Hell is an interesting place to visit.  It's only a visit, you'll be living heaven on earth next.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.