MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:39:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maymetaller - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Taller With PRECICE II  (Read 54976 times)
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2015, 08:41:36 AM »

Hey guys its been sometime since I've updated my journal so here it goes. I saw Dr. M few days ago and he said that my bones are healing well. I still have a small bridge in both legs but the bones are almost connected in both legs. It has been a little less than 2 months now that I have started walking and I can say that my walking is at 90% normal. I still get some aching soreness pain in my butt area when I walk for some period of time but nothing that would stop me from walking. I have just started lightly jogging and honestly I run like a mental patient and it hurts pretty bad but I push through it. Flexibility is also at about 90%. Dr. M was impressed at how much taller I look from doing only 5.5 cm (2 inches) and honestly I can say I am very happy with the results. I always ask myself if I would do this horrific process again and my answer is yes. I was very depressed before because of my height but now my confidence is 100%. I no longer look at people and compare my height with theirs. I can honestly say that this surgery has changed my life so thanks to Dr. M for the great work and thank you to the MMT forums for all the support.
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2015, 08:29:10 PM »

Hey guys its been sometime since I've updated my journal so here it goes. I saw Dr. M few days ago and he said that my bones are healing well. I still have a small bridge in both legs but the bones are almost connected in both legs. It has been a little less than 2 months now that I have started walking and I can say that my walking is at 90% normal. I still get some aching soreness pain in my butt area when I walk for some period of time but nothing that would stop me from walking. I have just started lightly jogging and honestly I run like a mental patient and it hurts pretty bad but I push through it. Flexibility is also at about 90%. Dr. M was impressed at how much taller I look from doing only 5.5 cm (2 inches) and honestly I can say I am very happy with the results. I always ask myself if I would do this horrific process again and my answer is yes. I was very depressed before because of my height but now my confidence is 100%. I no longer look at people and compare my height with theirs. I can honestly say that this surgery has changed my life so thanks to Dr. M for the great work and thank you to the MMT forums for all the support.

Hey happy to hear you are in good spirits and happy with your progress although am a bit confused about your statement of having a small bridge. If you don't have a good bridge how are you walking?  Can you provide image? 
Palmtree
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #202 on: January 17, 2015, 11:53:01 AM »

Thank you for the update, and happy to know your confidence is improved now.
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #203 on: January 17, 2015, 06:19:44 PM »

Hey happy to hear you are in good spirits and happy with your progress although am a bit confused about your statement of having a small bridge. If you don't have a good bridge how are you walking?  Can you provide image? 
Hey Alfonso. And the pictures I took doesnt show the small bridge so just deleted but basically the new bone hasn't fully formed on both legs as there is still a small bridge left. Walking isn't a problem since most of the bone has already formed and also since there is only a tiny bridge gap on only one side of both legs.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #204 on: January 18, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »

Great to hear another success story. Tell me how exactly did you make it up and down the stairs in your early post op days. I saw the place I want to stay at during LL and it has some stair steps, but they are private meaning I will be the only one that will be using those stairs so I can take my time. Any input from you that will help me go up and down the stairs will be appreciated. thx
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #205 on: January 18, 2015, 07:51:41 PM »

Great to hear another success story. Tell me how exactly did you make it up and down the stairs in your early post op days. I saw the place I want to stay at during LL and it has some stair steps, but they are private meaning I will be the only one that will be using those stairs so I can take my time. Any input from you that will help me go up and down the stairs will be appreciated. thx

Ill be honest that 1-9 will be very hard to use those stairs but somehow magically on day 10 my legs felt stronger. I live in SF and there are stairs to get to my house so I would slip my walker over one forearm and hold on to the railings on the side and foot by foot walking up the stairs. For the first 10 days it will be very painful and difficult but hopefully you can get some help. My advice for you is to START USING THE WALKER ASAP and practice! That walker is the difference between being depressed and sitting at home all day and being able to still enjoy your life somewhat lol
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #206 on: January 18, 2015, 09:58:49 PM »

Ill be honest that 1-9 will be very hard to use those stairs but somehow magically on day 10 my legs felt stronger. I live in SF and there are stairs to get to my house so I would slip my walker over one forearm and hold on to the railings on the side and foot by foot walking up the stairs. For the first 10 days it will be very painful and difficult but hopefully you can get some help. My advice for you is to START USING THE WALKER ASAP and practice! That walker is the difference between being depressed and sitting at home all day and being able to still enjoy your life somewhat lol

well the first meeting with the doctor will be in 14 days anyway (from what I know after discharge, every 2 weeks until distraction complete and than ones a month etc). ...so considering that it is ok since I will only use the stairs on day 14. So use walker asap, ok, isnt there a danger of ptting too much weight using a walker, since in the first week you I am sure were very unstable ?
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2015, 02:54:19 AM »

Maymetaller,  wow you were climbing stairs 9 days post Op that's amazing I was barely getting from my wheelchair to the walker.  A1_z1 I recommend you definitely get help mobility is incredibly hard the first few weeks.  The last thing you want to do is fall down stairs.  Don't know who your doctor is but I would imagine its like all others bent rods is an expense all on you.  Not to mention going back under the knife again to fix it - not worth the risk!! 
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2015, 03:00:03 AM »

Maymetaller,  wow you were climbing stairs 9 days post Op that's amazing I was barely getting from my wheelchair to the walker.  A1_z1 I recommend you definitely get help mobility is incredibly hard the first few weeks.  The last thing you want to do is fall down stairs.  Don't know who your doctor is but I would imagine its like all others bent rods is an expense all on you.  Not to mention going back under the knife again to fix it - not worth the risk!! 

that actually makes sense. first 1 - 2 weeks I get assistance getting up and down the stairs. Most properly I would come down the stairs one time after op and than 2 weeks later when i go to the first visit - so up and down than again...
Would i need assistance shifting to the bathroom seat also...first 7 days ?
GrowthSpurt
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #209 on: January 25, 2015, 11:11:45 PM »

Quote from: GrowthSpurt link=topic=7619. msg102132#msg102132 date=1417388695
This is helpful advice, thank you for that. 
Hi Alfonso.  I'm 10 days postop and yes, you are right.  pretty much impossible to use just the w/c.  Seems like there's an impression out there that it's possible
GrowthSpurt
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #210 on: January 25, 2015, 11:42:52 PM »

This is helpful advice, thank you for that.
Hi Alfonso. I'm 10 days postop and yes, you are right. pretty much impossible to use just the w/c. Seems like there's an impression out there that it's possible
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2015, 05:25:04 AM »

Quote from: Maymetaller link=topic=7619. msg102769#msg102769 date=1421610701

My advice for you is to START USING THE WALKER ASAP and practice! That walker is the difference between being depressed and sitting at home all day and being able to still enjoy your life somewhat lol

Hi,

did you use precise II?  I was told by my doctor in NY, with precise II, full weight bearing is not possible.   He told me that I will be confined in a wheelchair for many months.   If you did use precise II, were you told that it is ok for you to use walker?  how soon were you able to get on it?  I'm still trying to figure out how to go to the bathroom from a wheel chair to the toilet.   Btw, I only weight 85 poundes and 4 feet 8 inches tall.   So, in my case, can I use the walker or crutches because since i'm light weight, the rod will hold up and not break?  I plan to ask these detailed questions to my doctor but initially, he told me that i will be confined in a wheelchair for a long time.

btw, I'm so glad that you are doing well and overcame all the ordeals of beginning journey of LL.
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2015, 05:42:21 AM »

Hi,

did you use precise II?  I was told by my doctor in NY, with precise II, full weight bearing is not possible.   He told me that I will be confined in a wheelchair for many months.   If you did use precise II, were you told that it is ok for you to use walker?  how soon were you able to get on it?  I'm still trying to figure out how to go to the bathroom from a wheel chair to the toilet.   Btw, I only weight 85 poundes and 4 feet 8 inches tall.   So, in my case, can I use the walker or crutches because since i'm light weight, the rod will hold up and not break?  I plan to ask these detailed questions to my doctor but initially, he told me that i will be confined in a wheelchair for a long time.

btw, I'm so glad that you are doing well and overcame all the ordeals of beginning journey of LL.

haha with 85lb you are confined to a wheelchair?? Once you do the OP you are going to be down to 70lb and you can jump and not bend preciceII... kidding, don't jump or walk unaided...but you definitely can and should walk with a walker.
American doctors...overly conservative and want to stay away from lawsuits.
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2015, 12:58:39 PM »

Hi,

That is what I was told. In a wheel chair for many months. So how do I know when to use a walker and when it is too dangerous to use one IRRESPECTIVE what my weight is...since the impact of walking actually increases the weight (or force applied on the legs when you put the foot down) and there is also a more chance to fall or trip etc.
So can someone tell me when is the right time to use the walker ?
Lastly is it possible to shift to the bathroom seat from wheelchair, the very first day after you are released from the hospital . I mean I am trying to avoid getting any assistance at all (I live alone anyway).
Thx

That is what I was told. that I will be in a wheel. So how is one s
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #214 on: January 29, 2015, 10:34:57 PM »

Update
Hey guys sorry I went missing for a few days I go to SF state and school has been getting pretty crazy lately. Anyways I see there are a lot of questions about the walker and all soooo... I was not able to used the walker at all for day 1-9 but I remember getting very angry not being mobile so I quickly tried out the crutches and I fell back on my bed bloop. I got my walker and used my upper body strength to help move (USING WALKER IS ALL UPPER BODY STRENGTH). I weighed 140 and would move the walker forward then use upper body strength to lift myself up and hop forward both legs. So basically, I was hopping with the walker not walking. For the stairs I would hold on to the railing and hop down slowly step by step. Climbing back up same thing, hold on to railings and use my upper body strength to lift myself up step by step. Dr. M did tell me that I would mostly be wheelchair bound (which I was I would use it throughout my house) but he told me to start using the walker little by little as well. After 3 weeks my legs were still feeling like shi* but I was able to use my walker to get to my car drive to school and go to my classes which were quite a walk. TRAIN YOUR UPPER BODY STRENGTH because that is the key to the walker and what helped me not be a potato.
For the update... I am doing a lot better than I was last month. I jog very lightly for a small distance here and there but my jogging just looks horrible. I walk perfectly normal after 4-5 steps. I still have some pain above my left knee after starting to walk for the first 4-5 steps. Knees also are pretty sore and little hip pain sometimes but its getting better definitly. Hopefully 3-4 months and ill be atleast 80%.
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2015, 02:45:08 AM »

Update
Hey guys sorry I went missing for a few days I go to SF state and school has been getting pretty crazy lately. Anyways I see there are a lot of questions about the walker and all soooo... I was not able to used the walker at all for day 1-9 but I remember getting very angry not being mobile so I quickly tried out the crutches and I fell back on my bed bloop. I got my walker and used my upper body strength to help move (USING WALKER IS ALL UPPER BODY STRENGTH). I weighed 140 and would move the walker forward then use upper body strength to lift myself up and hop forward both legs. So basically, I was hopping with the walker not walking. For the stairs I would hold on to the railing and hop down slowly step by step. Climbing back up same thing, hold on to railings and use my upper body strength to lift myself up step by step. Dr. M did tell me that I would mostly be wheelchair bound (which I was I would use it throughout my house) but he told me to start using the walker little by little as well. After 3 weeks my legs were still feeling like shi* but I was able to use my walker to get to my car drive to school and go to my classes which were quite a walk. TRAIN YOUR UPPER BODY STRENGTH because that is the key to the walker and what helped me not be a potato.
For the update... I am doing a lot better than I was last month. I jog very lightly for a small distance here and there but my jogging just looks horrible. I walk perfectly normal after 4-5 steps. I still have some pain above my left knee after starting to walk for the first 4-5 steps. Knees also are pretty sore and little hip pain sometimes but its getting better definitly. Hopefully 3-4 months and ill be atleast 80%.

Hi,
so even though the doctors tell you "no" to a walker or a crutch, it is ok to use them a little using one's discretion? I'm still having a little trouble understanding exactly how I should be using a walker or a crutch when the doctor says no.  Also, I think i saw a thread about putting a weight is good for the bones or something like that. 
besides stretching through physical therapy, and doing the stationary bike, what else can you do to help to recover? 
thank you!
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #216 on: January 30, 2015, 06:53:05 PM »

Hi,
so even though the doctors tell you "no" to a walker or a crutch, it is ok to use them a little using one's discretion? I'm still having a little trouble understanding exactly how I should be using a walker or a crutch when the doctor says no.  Also, I think i saw a thread about putting a weight is good for the bones or something like that. 
besides stretching through physical therapy, and doing the stationary bike, what else can you do to help to recover? 
thank you!

Lol well no Dr. M didn't tell me not to use the walker he encouraged me to use it little by little, but again you have to remember I weighed in at 140-145 and dropped to 130 so he might have a different say for another patient... And as soon as you get the say from Dr. M START WALKING! He told my the vibrations from your steps helps bones regenerate and make sure you start taking the supplements he tells you about asap. If it wasnt for his supplement recommendations I would probably be needing graft surgery lol... Oh and trust me you won't be able to use crutches during the lengthening process unless you're very talented or something... I personally wasn't able to no matter how hard I tried. Stick with walker/wheelchair for the lengthening process.
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2015, 07:34:54 AM »

Hey MMT,

Hope you are doing well. Now that some time has passed, are you still satisfied with 5.5 CM or will you consider rebreaking your bones while you still have those expensive nails in? I mean 5'9 is nice, but 5'10 would be even nicer. I'm saying it because I regret I didn't lengthen more, but was afraid of more risks. 
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »

Hey MMT,

Hope you are doing well. Now that some time has passed, are you still satisfied with 5.5 CM or will you consider rebreaking your bones while you still have those expensive nails in? I mean 5'9 is nice, but 5'10 would be even nicer. I'm saying it because I regret I didn't lengthen more, but was afraid of more risks. 
Hey rainy hope all is well with you ! Its been 3-4 months of recovery now and I still honestly don't regret it... 5'10 would be nice but I love 5'9! Everybody has noticed that I've gotten taller and never says anything about my height anymore. I have gotten back with one of my old girlfriends and living my life lol. Honestly I could have stayed 5'7 and lived miserable but despite the huge cost of the procedure I am so happy that I did it. As for my recovery, my walking is completely 100%. Stretching is 90%. I can lightly jog. No pain whatsoever unless I jog for more than a mile thats when it starts a bit... But yeah only 4 months of recovery and I'm already healing so well. I have no doubt that in 12-18 months I will be more than 100% but then again I only did 5.5 cm so it might be different for those who do 8 cm or so...
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2015, 09:16:53 PM »

I am so happy for you! You are definitely not short any more Cool
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.