MMT Community
July 24, 2017, 06:34:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maymetaller - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Taller With PRECICE II  (Read 36195 times)
Taco
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2015, 02:58:12 AM »

Hi Maymetaller. You said that your nerves in both of your legs went numb. Are the nerves back to normal?

Congrats on your recovery Wink
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2015, 10:56:08 AM »

Hey rainy hope all is well with you ! Its been 3-4 months of recovery now and I still honestly don't regret it... 5'10 would be nice but I love 5'9! Everybody has noticed that I've gotten taller and never says anything about my height anymore. I have gotten back with one of my old girlfriends and living my life lol. Honestly I could have stayed 5'7 and lived miserable but despite the huge cost of the procedure I am so happy that I did it. As for my recovery, my walking is completely 100%. Stretching is 90%. I can lightly jog. No pain whatsoever unless I jog for more than a mile thats when it starts a bit... But yeah only 4 months of recovery and I'm already healing so well. I have no doubt that in 12-18 months I will be more than 100% but then again I only did 5.5 cm so it might be different for those who do 8 cm or so...

Very happy for you. Keep us posted.
mgibson77
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #222 on: April 23, 2015, 12:20:21 AM »

This is some interesting stuff.  I've been saving money to do this surgery and I'm getting close.  can you help tell me what the cost is ?
Also, why are most people doing thighs with Dr.  M? Does he do Tabias (lower legs) as well?
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #223 on: April 23, 2015, 04:02:17 AM »

Yes, he does the tibiae bone as well.

Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2015, 09:34:23 AM »

Update
Hey guys its been a while since I last posted just wanted to give an update. Life is great I walk 100% normal go to the gym basically my life is back to what it was. Stretching is 100%. I do have some hip soreness once in a while but nothing bad. Im trying to run but the front muscles on my left shin get really painful for some reasom so hopefully that will go away? Also some hip pain when I try sprinting. Its been about 5 months of consolodating so maybe in a few more months all the pain will go away I don't really know but I hope so because I want to start sprinting my old speed. Also I get knee pain when sprinting so I dont know if anyone can tell me that the knee pain will go away or not after a while? I know its only been 5 months thought but yeah. Other than the pain when sprinting everything else is perfectly fine and I am happy with the 5.5 cm I did. Made a huge difference to me. Sorry just realized this is all in bold lol to lazy to re type
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #225 on: April 30, 2015, 11:02:12 AM »

Update
Hey guys its been a while since I last posted just wanted to give an update. Life is great I walk 100% normal go to the gym basically my life is back to what it was. Stretching is 100%. I do have some hip soreness once in a while but nothing bad. Im trying to run but the front muscles on my left shin get really painful for some reasom so hopefully that will go away? Also some hip pain when I try sprinting. Its been about 5 months of consolodating so maybe in a few more months all the pain will go away I don't really know but I hope so because I want to start sprinting my old speed. Also I get knee pain when sprinting so I dont know if anyone can tell me that the knee pain will go away or not after a while? I know its only been 5 months thought but yeah. Other than the pain when sprinting everything else is perfectly fine and I am happy with the 5.5 cm I did. Made a huge difference to me. Sorry just realized this is all in bold lol to lazy to re type

great . wonder how it would have been if you had done 8 cm ? do you know of anyone u met that did 8 cm and were just fine as you are now ?
either way great that you are doing well.
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #226 on: April 30, 2015, 03:25:40 PM »

great . wonder how it would have been if you had done 8 cm ? do you know of anyone u met that did 8 cm and were just fine as you are now ?
either way great that you are doing well.
I met a few people that Dr. M wanted to introduce me to but don't know about their progress and what not. My leg strength is pretty much 80% of what it used to be and its only been 5 months but theres still knee pain when I do squats and everything trust me... Hopefully in another 5-7 months ill be atleast 90-95% and the pain in my knees and front left shin and soreness from hips from sprinting and working out legs will be a lot better. Was planning to take the rods out of my legs but ran into some financial problems so might have to leave them in... Don't know if this will affect my ability to regain my legs back but hopefully I'll still be able to recover 90-95%...
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #227 on: April 30, 2015, 03:38:05 PM »

I met a few people that Dr. M wanted to introduce me to but don't know about their progress and what not. My leg strength is pretty much 80% of what it used to be and its only been 5 months but theres still knee pain when I do squats and everything trust me... Hopefully in another 5-7 months ill be atleast 90-95% and the pain in my knees and front left shin and soreness from hips from sprinting and working out legs will be a lot better. Was planning to take the rods out of my legs but ran into some financial problems so might have to leave them in... Don't know if this will affect my ability to regain my legs back but hopefully I'll still be able to recover 90-95%...

oK - ho long can you keep the rods in ...max ?
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #228 on: April 30, 2015, 09:00:44 PM »

oK - ho long can you keep the rods in ...max ?
I remember Dr. M saying you dont need to take them out I think? Not sure really but hopefully they can stay in
Yardbird
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #229 on: May 24, 2016, 04:50:55 PM »

How is life these days for you?
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #230 on: June 30, 2016, 07:06:34 PM »

UPDATE Hey Guys just wanted to give an update after months and months of being away from the forums. My life is back to normal and everything school and what not. I had the surgery in 2014 of August so almost 2 years now. I still have both rods in both legs. I have this pain in my knees when I try to run and I still can't sprint how I used to. I have hip drop on my left side when I jog. I have a pain in both hips when I try to sit criss cross apple sauce. My right leg seems stronger than my right honestly. I'm planning on seeing Dr. M soon for a consultation on taking the rods out and hoping this takes the pain in my legs away and gives me my athletic abilities back. Weight wise though I squat more than I ever did but with pain in the knees and hips the first 2-3 sets. The strength in my legs is amazing it's just the bones that still ache and hurt. Other than that though the pain is manageable as hell and I can honestly live the rest of my life with it because it isn't consistent or anything but yeah. Would I do the surgery again if I could go back in time? Yes.
jwalk707
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2016, 04:00:49 AM »

Quote from: Maymetaller link=topic=7619. msg108275#msg108275 date=1467313594
UPDATE Hey Guys just wanted to give an update after months and months of being away from the forums.  My life is back to normal and everything school and what not.  I had the surgery in 2014 of August so almost 2 years now.  I still have both rods in both legs.  I have this pain in my knees when I try to run and I still can't sprint how I used to.  I have hip drop on my left side when I jog.  I have a pain in both hips when I try to sit criss cross apple sauce.  My right leg seems stronger than my right honestly.  I'm planning on seeing Dr.  M soon for a consultation on taking the rods out and hoping this takes the pain in my legs away and gives me my athletic abilities back.  Weight wise though I squat more than I ever did but with pain in the knees and hips the first 2-3 sets.  The strength in my legs is amazing it's just the bones that still ache and hurt.  Other than that though the pain is manageable as hell and I can honestly live the rest of my life with it because it isn't consistent or anything but yeah.  Would I do the surgery again if I could go back in time? Yes.

As a long distance runner for over 10 years, this is a big fear of mine in regards to the surgery.   I thought removing the rods was included in the price you pay up front.  How much is it to remove them? And could one's insurance cover at least that part?
Girl12017
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #232 on: July 13, 2017, 05:14:34 AM »

hope it all worked out and all your medical issues resolved.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.