MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:21:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morpheus34 - External Tibias - Dr. Salameh - 2014 - Greetings From Morpheus  (Read 49492 times)
Morpheus34
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« on: August 04, 2014, 05:59:15 PM »

I have lenghtened with Dr. Salameh 2014. Greetings Morpheus.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 11:08:56 PM »

Good.

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 11:19:46 PM »

Congrats on starting a diary. We look forward to hearing about your lengthening and your experiences. It's been too long since we had a new diary from a patient of Dr. Salameh.
Morpheus34
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 09:42:47 PM »

Hello, I have done OP with Dr. Salameh and Dr. Schmidt in Frankfurt on 31th of march 2014. My goal was 8 cm of tibia lengthening (external with the Salamehfix, a quite small device which can be worn under clothes). Starting height was 1.72- 1.73cm. My physical condition was quite good before LL; i did a lot of sports, especially jogging, fitness and fighting sport. For preparation, I did some stretching exercices.

I will give a short summary of the essential points.

1. Operation and hospital

The hospital was in Königstein (near Frankfurt), a quite nice town with a nice view on the castle. Operation went good, I had spinal anaestesia, therefore I couldn't feel the legs after I woke up. Some kind of strange feeling. Dr.Salameh and Dr. Schmidt came to my room and looked if everything was ok.
After 3-4 hours, feeling in legs (and unfortunatelly pain) came back. The first night was the toughest (concerning pain), but after receiving Targin, it went better.

The hospital was good, the staff friendly and I had physiotherapy in the hospital everyday. Dr. Salameh and Dr. Schmidt visited me everyday.

Walking on crutches was difficicult in the beginning, but I could walk little distances in the first days (on crutches), although it was difficult for me to stand/walk straight.

After 5 days in the hospital, I went to an appartement in Oberursel for approximately 3-4 weeks.

2. Lengthening Phase and tips

I started lengthening on the 10 th of april. After 3- 4 weeks  I went back at home to continue the lengthening. After returning at home, I have done X-Rays every 3-4 weeks and sent them to the doctors.; callus growth was always good. Every 3-5 days, I checked and cleaned the pin sites and changed the gazes. If a pin looked strange, I increased the cleaning intervall.(sometimes every day)

After 2 weeks, walking distance was 100-200m. After 5-6 days of lengthening, I start to feeling the procedure, although pain level was ok. My biggest problem -during the whole lengthening process and especially in the beginning - was sleeping. I couldn't sleep well on the back (normally I sleep on the side).

The hardest times was between 4-5 cm. After 5 cm, I had to do some breaks for a few days (several times). After 4 cm, walking becomes more difficult (especially ankle pain)
I used Novalgin, Paracetamol/Caffeine and sometimes Targin. For me, combination of Novalgin an Paracetamol/Caffeine always worked best.

If I lenghtened too fast, there was nerve pain in the feet (burning etc), which went away after a break of 1-2 days.
In the lengtening phase I tried to do stretching exercices every day. I also did physio.

Today I did X-rays, total lengthening was a approximately 8.2-8.3 cm. Through lengthening, Ballerina foot was developping, at the end I had about 5-6 cm. There was some knee bending too and some duck ass.

During lengthening process, I can give the following advices:

- Do a break if you have nerve pain; usual pain medications didn't work for nerve pain.

- For walking on crutches, you need power/force in the arms. Therefore, I would recommend some arm training before lengthening.

- Nutrition is important; i started feeling better when I started to eat a lot of calcium rich food (cheese, yoghurt etc.), fruits, fish and meat regulary.

- Magnesium (granulate) is good for pain in the calves and preventing muscle contracture.

- Don't do stretching far behind natural pain limits (too much force). Sometimes I had muscle contracture after stretching too hard. Then I was disabled for some days which was a step back.

- Music is very good for motivation, especially in hard times.

- You need a positive (general) attitude for doing leg lengthening

- Pin care (regulary) is important; water/wet wounds are bad.

I have stopped lengthening now and try to recover best.  My big problem is ballerina feet; i do a lot of stretching exercices; knee bending is better now and I can stand quite straight. Pain has reduced to a minimum after I had stopped lengthening.

Best Regards Morpheus
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »

Good luck in your journey, i will have my surgery in september with salameh.
But my goal is less. 5,5 cm.
do you stay in Frankfurt alone during that month?
I think you would need one caretaker.
Morpheus34
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 05:27:41 PM »

Hello Carbo, I was in a appartement alone; but there was another guy who also lengthened there and stayed in the appartement next to me. The doctors visited me everyday and the physio helped me a lot (buying things etc). It's not a problem. I also ordered a lot of things online. How long do you plan to stay there?

Best Regards

Morpheus
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 07:20:16 PM »

Hi Morpheus,
I think to stay in germany during lengthening, and then during consolidation i will came back to spain.
I had two consultation in Frankfurt, the first with doctor Schmidt and the second with Schmidt and salameh.
I was undecided to do the surgery with salameh or doctor donghoo lee but finally and reading your diary i will do with salameh i think.
cheers.
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 07:30:10 PM »

How do you pay the surgery? bank transfer, by check.
I have a lot of question to do.
KirP1
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 07:43:54 PM »

hey Morpheus34. could you post any picture of your proportions? what was your starting height?
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 07:52:50 PM »

Hi Kirp1, How are you? jejej
KirP1
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 08:06:53 PM »

sorry i havent seen that you have already posted your starting height, 172-173cm. Im fine carbo, nice to see you in the fórum.
Morpheus34
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 08:19:25 PM »

@carbo: bank transfer.

Best Regards

Morpheus
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 08:30:58 PM »

how much do you lengthening in day?
i think 1mm it is a lot
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 08:52:53 PM »

is the apartment near to doctor Schmidt?
Morpheus34
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 09:14:46 PM »

Yes, my appartement was near Dr. Schmidt. Normally 0.6 (or maybe 0.8 in the beginning) is recommended. I have lengthened quite fast (especially until 5 cm), but it depends on person. If I lengthened too fast, there were nerve pains in the feet (above 0.8/0.9 Millimeters/day). To go too fast isn't  good for tendon/muscles too. When I reduced speed, my general condition improved.
carbo
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 09:28:39 PM »

Anybody know about this surgery or it is secret.
In my case, only my parents, my sister and my best friend know about this surgery. i want this is a secret.
Morpheus34
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 09:26:24 AM »

Hello, another tips for LL:

Some stretching exercices:

- Good exercice for LL-patients is to lie on the stomach and straighten the legs; it stretches a lot of muscles and I think it's good for straightening of the legs.  You can also raise the legs up an down. Dr. Salameh showed me this exercice after the operation; in the beginning, the hardest thing is to turn from the back on the stomach; but it works, and the more you exercice, the easier it goes.
I have done this every day in the lengthening phase.

- For ballerina foot  I try now to climb stairs or walking uphill; you can feel the pressure in the achilles tendon and the calves.

- Raise the leg with a terraband (terraband on foot) as much you can.

I would also recommend to buy a book before LL about stretching exercices; this would be a good preparation.
Najeeb
MMT Member

Credibility 0

be tall but head down to the earth

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 01:42:12 PM »

Good luck on your journey,I am glad reading your diary, and hope every thing goes the way you like to , as I am saving to plan to do this surgery with dr.salemeh I want to hear every thing from you pls!
And could u please color your diary alil bit more if u can share some pics with us ,
We will appreciate it
Thank you
KirP1
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2014, 01:54:16 PM »

Can you post a video of that stretching?

Greek-Semidget
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2014, 09:43:58 AM »

Morpheus congratulations for the 8cms its a quite incredible amount for tibias. It will be fantastic if you could post some images of you before and after. What is your wingspan to begin with?

Current height: 5'8 Aim:5'11  Thinking of 3 inches tibias in Russia.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.