MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:22:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alfonso - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Starting My Journey In Cali  (Read 72214 times)
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« on: August 13, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »

I'm doing my LL with Dr Mahboubian on September 18, 2014.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:34:52 PM »

I've moved your post to it's own diary thread. Congrats on starting your journey. Smiley
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:31:18 PM »

Thanks Sysop

Hey everyone  last week I put down my $5K deposit and cemented my decision to LL.   I will be doing internal femurs with Dr. Mahboubian next month using Precise II. I'm currently 167cm my goal is 175cm.  More importantly I'm in my 40s and that is the main reason I'm doing this blog.  I believe I'm the first to write a diary in my age range and successful or not want to give others, like me, a sense of what to expect.  Many of you probably think I'm crazy for doing this at my age but I'm not one to follow the beaten path.  I'm relatively fit, to highlight my level of fitness  I've recently climbed Kilimanjaro and done several century cycle rides (100 miles).  Make no mistake I've read the diaries and know this will be hard and painful but so have many other things in my life.  Hard should never be a reason to stop you from accomplishing the things that will make your life more fulfilling and meaningful.  I will do everything in my power to make this a successful experience. 

Why am I doing this you may ask.  Many of you know the answer for it's similarly themed to yours.  I hate being short and the insecurity associated with that reality has robbed my attention and thoughts for way too long.   Let me be clear I love myself (in a health not narcissistic  kind of way) I'm not depressed and although I've never achieved James Bond level of success with the ladies I've never really had a problem getting a beautiful women to spend time with me.   I'm doing this because it's a bonus to an already good life and don't think 4-6 months is that much of a sacrifice. 

Between now and my LL I will be sharing with you the details of my preparations and activities pre-surgery.  I look forward to taking this, hopefully not too bumpy, ride with all of you.  This community has helped me immensely with my decision and I want to give back so if you have any questions ask away. 

a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 01:47:49 AM »

Thanks Sysop

Hey everyone  last week I put down my $5K deposit and cemented my decision to LL.   I will be doing internal femurs with Dr. Mahboubian next month using Precise II. I'm currently 167cm my goal is 175cm.  More importantly I'm in my 40s and that is the main reason I'm doing this blog.  I believe I'm the first to write a diary in my age range and successful or not want to give others, like me, a sense of what to expect.  Many of you probably think I'm crazy for doing this at my age but I'm not one to follow the beaten path.  I'm relatively fit, to highlight my level of fitness  I've recently climbed Kilimanjaro and done several century cycle rides (100 miles).  Make no mistake I've read the diaries and know this will be hard and painful but so have many other things in my life.  Hard should never be a reason to stop you from accomplishing the things that will make your life more fulfilling and meaningful.  I will do everything in my power to make this a successful experience. 

Why am I doing this you may ask.  Many of you know the answer for it's similarly themed to yours.  I hate being short and the insecurity associated with that reality has robbed my attention and thoughts for way too long.   Let me be clear I love myself (in a health not narcissistic  kind of way) I'm not depressed and although I've never achieved James Bond level of success with the ladies I've never really had a problem getting a beautiful women to spend time with me.   I'm doing this because it's a bonus to an already good life and don't think 4-6 months is that much of a sacrifice. 

Between now and my LL I will be sharing with you the details of my preparations and activities pre-surgery.  I look forward to taking this, hopefully not too bumpy, ride with all of you.  This community has helped me immensely with my decision and I want to give back so if you have any questions ask away. 

Nice...Great my situation is just like yours.....Cant wait to read your diary . Please dont forget to post LOL
I will be getting mine in time as well, just hoping it is sooner than later.
Tall
LL Hero
MMT Expert

Credibility 375

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 05:22:16 AM »

Congrats on your decision, another Dr. M LLing brother!!!!

Lex
MMT Contributor

Credibility 5

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2014, 09:05:12 AM »

Hey... I wish you all the best.. Please.. keep us all updated... Thanks! Wink
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2014, 01:02:10 PM »

Nice...Great my situation is just like yours.....Cant wait to read your diary . Please dont forget to post LOL
I will be getting mine in time as well, just hoping it is sooner than later.

I promise I will and hope to be an inspiration
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 01:31:34 PM »

Congrats on your decision, another Dr. M LLing brother!!!!

Thanks Tall I enjoyed reading your diary and thank you for sharing it.  Did you do PT Near Dr Ms office?  I plan to stay local and am looking for a good PT.
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2014, 07:34:30 PM »

32 to days and counting.  I've compiled a list of things I need to do before Dday

1.  I've started stretching my lower body daily to help with the much needed flexibility when lengthening.  here are the exercises I'm doing
http://exercise.about.com/cs/flexibility/l/blstretch.htm

2. Daily pullups - that arm strengthen will be needed when in a wheel chair.  Presently very wimpy can't do more than 2-3.  Amazing how weak I am in this area.  Goal by dday 20

3.  Start tracking current level of fitness that will be the future recovery goal.  Present stats:
*Walk 4mph on average
*Elliptical machine 30 minutes and 5 minute cooldown - burn between 350 - 400 calories 
*40 mile road bike trip with hills average speed 14mph

4.  Lose weight presently 167LB want to get under 160 by dday.   I'm concerned with breaking the Precice rods.  I know 160LB is still over the 150LB Precice II limit but I'm realistic I've never been below 150 and don't expect to get there now.  Getting as close as possible will suffice.  I just have to be careful!

5.  find place to stay near Dr M. that has a pool (most diaries cite this as vital to help with flexibility while lengthening) and easy access to physical therapist

6.  Find a good physical therapist

7.  arrange homecare service

8.  Make a list of things I need to purchase (wheel chair, walker, Trapeze, Commode, medications, and vitamin supplements etc...)

If anyone can think of anything else I will need please all advise welcomed.

Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2014, 09:02:23 PM »

32 to days and counting.  I've compiled a list of things I need to do before Dday

1.  I've started stretching my lower body daily to help with the much needed flexibility when lengthening.  here are the exercises I'm doing

2. Daily pullups - that arm strengthen will be needed when in a wheel chair.  Presently very wimpy can't do more than 2-3.  Amazing how weak I am in this area.  Goal by dday 20

3.  Start tracking current level of fitness that will be the future recovery goal.  Present stats:
*Walk 4mph on average
*Elliptical machine 30 minutes and 5 minute cooldown - burn between 350 - 400 calories 

4.  Lose weight presently 167LB want to get under 160 by dday.   I'm concerned with breaking the Precice rods.  I know 160LB is still over the 150LB Precice II limit but I'm realistic I've never been below 150 and don't expect to get there now.  Getting as close as possible will suffice.  I just have to be careful!

5.  find place to stay near Dr M. that has a pool (most diaries cite this as vital to help with flexibility while lengthening) and easy access to physical therapist

8.  Make a list of things I need to purchase (wheel chair, walker, Trapeze, Commode, medications, and vitamin supplements etc...)

Great list Alfonso! I can't wait for you to start your diary hopefully all goes well!
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 01:36:54 AM »

*Walk 4mph on average

I think the wheelchair will be provided. how about a stationary bike.
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 02:40:31 AM »

Great list Alfonso! I can't wait for you to start your diary hopefully all goes well!

Thanks I will enjoy getting the process started and sharing my experience.  I'm definitely enjoying following yours. 
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2014, 02:53:28 AM »

I think the wheelchair will be provided. how about a stationary bike.

Thanks the bike is a good idea will add it to the list.  Dr M's office said the wheel chair is on me but will confirm.
Insane
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2014, 03:22:27 AM »

Thanks the bike is a good idea will add it to the list.  Dr M's office said the wheel chair is on me but will confirm.

They will not provide a wheelchair/walker.
You may also need a reacher/grabber, bath transfer board/bench if you have bath tubs.

Internal femurs
Precice II
Dr. Mahboubian
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2014, 03:52:35 AM »

Bike should be very important, get one with a good comfortable seat. also of course I am assuming that you have a good lap top, fast etc.
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2014, 07:54:14 PM »

24 day till Dday!   Today's post is to document my progress on prep plans and share my overall mood

Mood: Mood is good can't wait to get this process started.  I don't know if this is common but since I've decided to do LL all I see is confirming examples of why my LL decision is valid.  I actually had a women at a recent singles event flat out tell me how her and I wouldn't work because of the height difference and that she doesn't do hugging down. She was older and not that attractive so no loss there.   I wanted to tell her that's good because I don't do old and wrinkly but I took the high road. 

Prep Progress: 
1. Stretching:  missed only one day and really do feel like I'm more flexible.  I've always known that stretching is vital for good health and flexibility.  It's funny everytime I bring Yoga or stretching back into my life I have the same observation and wounder why I stopped.

2. Daily pullups - Goal 20 pullups.  Still very wimpy haven't gotten past 3.  I've also added different types of push ups to the routine. 

3. Present level of fitness stats:  Same no change
*Walk 4mph on average

4.  Weight loss: Goal - under 160:    no change still 167 

All the remaining items below will do when I get to LA on Sept 1

a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2014, 02:45:53 AM »

24 day till Dday!   Today's post is to document my progress on prep plans and share my overall mood

1. Stretching:  missed only one day and really do feel like I'm more flexible.  I've always known that stretching is vital for good health and flexibility.  It's funny everytime I bring Yoga or stretching back into my life I have the same observation and wounder why I stopped.

Did the doctor specify how flexible you have to be, or how important it is to stretch ?
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »

Did the doctor specify how flexible you have to be, or how important it is to stretch ?

He didn't mention flexibility specifics but said it was vital to stretch.  Important note flexibility is just one of the things I'm doing to reach my goal.  I'm also getting band and other tendons released.   All this is to help my soft tissue cope with LL.  This is one of my biggest concerns and unfortunately unknown until during LL. 
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 07:05:43 PM »

He didn't mention flexibility specifics but said it was vital to stretch.  Important note flexibility is just one of the things I'm doing to reach my goal.  I'm also getting band and other tendons released.   All this is to help my soft tissue cope with LL.  This is one of my biggest concerns and unfortunately unknown until during LL. 

wait, sorry for this question but when you say "getting band and other tendons released" - hat exactly you mean, get an operation for it ?
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »

wait, sorry for this question but when you say "getting band and other tendons released" - hat exactly you mean, get an operation for it ?

Don't be sorry I'm happy to answer your questions.  Dr. M will do the IT Band and tendon release during the initial LL operation.  Here is an image of the IT band

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS561US562&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=it+band+images
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.