MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 06:49:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alfonso - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Starting My Journey In Cali  (Read 72216 times)
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #260 on: April 17, 2015, 09:51:02 PM »

Hey Alfonso, I know you're not on the forum much anymore, but wondered how you're doing. I'm consolidating at 2.4"  --couldn't reach the whole 3" because of this damn right leg which protested loudly every time we attempted more lengthening. What a disappointment

Hi GrowthSpurt, 2.4 " is an amazing achievement and one that you should be proud of.   As for me I doing better everyday still walk a little funny but no longer need assistance.  I only use a cane during social engagements to mask my funny walk.  Regarding the funny walk I expect that to go away as my legs get stronger. The reason I know this is because I can walk relatively normal if I concentrate and am not tired. 
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #261 on: April 17, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »

hey, just wanted to share a good news here.
I noticed that the walker seemed to be low so I asked my husband to raise it just now.  I also asked him if I looked taller, and he said "no."  So, I asked my 10 year old to come over and stand next to me in front of the mirror and wow, I'm taller than her!  I was slightly shorter than her before ll.  I don't know what to say!  And I'm not even done lengthening...

Love it !!!  its these little milestones that fuel the drive to propel us forward. 
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #262 on: April 17, 2015, 10:41:19 PM »

Love it !!!  its these little milestones that fuel the drive to propel us forward. 

Hey thanks Alfonso!  I had been pretty depressed with the pain lately but I have to admit that things like this make me wanna really finish nicely until the goal day!  My daughter who has no clue asked me "why r we looking at the mirror together?"  I replied " just wanted to see if we have the same eyes, that's all."
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2015, 11:00:25 PM »

Siguy745,  sounds like you have a good handle of how to do stretching.  I valued PT not so much on what exercises to do but how to do them.  I remember during my Lengthening phase my PT went to vacation for two weeks when he came back I could tell the difference in the quality of stretching between assisted and not.  Doing it solo as much as I wanted to push myself I just could reach the caliber of having a PT push and help stretch. 

I see.  I haven't really had a decent pt who is experience with ll so far.  I will be having a new pt next week and I didn't have anyone this week which is end of week 8.  I hope to find someone who can work with me effectively.  LL is definitely not common in the east coast area where I live.  Can't find pt who is experienced.
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #264 on: April 28, 2015, 10:24:56 PM »

I see.  I haven't really had a decent pt who is experience with ll so far.  I will be having a new pt next week and I didn't have anyone this week which is end of week 8.  I hope to find someone who can work with me effectively.  LL is definitely not common in the east coast area where I live.  Can't find pt who is experienced.

It's hard to find a PT with this kind of experience period your best bet is try to find someone in your area that also did LL and see who they used.  Of course I could recommend someone in Los Angeles now but that won't help you. 
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2015, 01:11:46 AM »

It's hard to find a PT with this kind of experience period your best bet is try to find someone in your area that also did LL and see who they used.  Of course I could recommend someone in Los Angeles now but that won't help you. 

Really appreciate the intention but I found a new pt. she has never done ll pt but she is consistent and good enough for now. 
GrowthSpurt
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #266 on: May 01, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »

hi growthspurts,

just noticed here that u said could not put ur socks on before.  what do u mean? how do u mean?  u were stiff enough that u could not put on socks?  If this is the case, when? at what week?  during legnthening?

I was so stiff in the first 2 months after surgery, I had to use a sock donner to put them on. It was just a matter of how far I could bend over. PT helped me functionally so that I could now bend further.
GrowthSpurt
MMT Member

Credibility 8

« Reply #267 on: July 09, 2015, 06:38:07 PM »

hi growthspurts,

just noticed here that u said could not put ur socks on before.  what do u mean? how do u mean?  u were stiff enough that u could not put on socks?  If this is the case, when? at what week?  during legnthening?

Yes, I was too stiff in the hips to bend over all the way, both during and after the lengthening.
pizymisa
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #268 on: July 22, 2015, 03:16:22 AM »

Dr. M told me that I can only gain 2 inches. . .
Uh. . . wish I can gain a little more like you, if I can gain 3 inches, I'd go for it right now. . .

Won't be so down. ll
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2015, 09:59:16 PM »

Dr. M told me that I can only gain 2 inches. . .
Uh. . . wish I can gain a little more like you, if I can gain 3 inches, I'd go for it right now. . .

Won't be so down. ll

Hi Pizymisa,  why only 2 inches?
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2016, 02:53:11 AM »

Hi Pizymisa,  why only 2 inches?

Hi Man how are you doing now ?
I just read your complete diary for the 2 or 3rd time !
Yardbird
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #271 on: May 24, 2016, 04:49:34 PM »

Excellent diary.  Thanks for the information.  Hope you're doing well.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.