MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:54:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motivado - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2014 - Motivated To Grow  (Read 24834 times)
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2014, 03:58:29 AM »

No broken bones in my past... I was wondering how your walking is currently walking unaided? Do you walk perfectly normal or have like a wobbly robot walk or so?
motivado1
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2014, 04:11:41 AM »

Ya i WISH it looked perfectly normal already haha. It's very robotic/stiff/Frankenstein - ish at this point.  Hmmm mayb I CAN think of something to dress up as for Halloween aftr all  Cheesy  ...i plan to post some pics and mayb video footage once someone can clue me into how to upload on this site.
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2014, 02:38:31 PM »

Haha its only been about a week or so, so hopefully in another week or 2 you'll have your walk back to normal !
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2014, 03:54:05 PM »

Hey Motivado, how are you doing - walking normal yet? 
motivado1
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2014, 02:27:46 AM »

Hey bro, sorry for the delayed response.  I'd say my gait is about 75% normal looking at this point.  Like with anything, there are good days, and some not so good. The not-so-good days are usually because of lifting as heavy (as i feel is safe to do) when doing squats, conventional and straight-legged dead lifts, etc. If I wasn't so focused on regaining my strength/size (esp filling out my butt that got "deflated" from atrophy lol) I'm sure I'd be even further along with regard to how well I'm walking. At my most recent appt with Dr.M (11/11/14) he said the consolidation process is moving along so fast that I could start jogging at this point. So i've been doing some jumping Jacks (not too aggressively) and very low level plyometric-type movements on the grass in the backyard. Being able to sleep at night has improved immensely, but i still hav to take a good sleep aid and stretch right beforehand to alleviate the restless leg sensations, etc. I think that pretty much summarizes where I'm at right now.
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2014, 01:03:29 PM »

From the sounds of it you're doing better than expected - cool !!!  I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps soon.  Will be finished with detraction in 8 days.  The light is getting brighter :-)
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2014, 12:29:35 AM »

How are you doing?
motivado1
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 08:59:37 AM »

Hey gang!
quick update:
Hope the holiday season is treating you all well!  As for me, everything is going quite well at this point. All my lifts and bodywt have been steadily increasing. I'm weighing ~160 lbs now (about 5 - 10 lbs more than even before surgery). I'm packing in the calories at this point. Upper body size/strength is progressing at a faster rate than lower of course; however, legs are catching up and finally starting to really fill out more. I've been doing lots of squats (currently at 185lb, not parallel to the ground--maybe 75% to the parallel range at best) 5 sets/5reps each set.  I'm increasing the weight with every leg wkout (with the partial ROM), then I do ATG squats with a 30lb weighted vest on with 2 sets of 10 reps each. Deadlifts are at 175 lbs 5x5, bench press currently 185 5x5. Not really using the stationery bike/elliptical at this point, it's all treadmill now (power-walking/trying to jog more each time).  Gait is probably ~85% normal looking at this point (again some days better than others depending on a variety of factors). Sleep is still slowly improving, unless I wkout too close to bedtime.  Well guess that's it for now...
Maymetaller
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2014, 11:46:24 AM »

Hey Motivado glad to hear you are doing good mate! Ive been walking for 2-3 weeks now and my hips keep swaying from side to side and it really bothers me because I want to walk normal lol. Did you also have this problem or was your walking weird in a different way?
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »

hey Motivado,  awesome love hearing good things!!  What problems are you having with sleep at this point? 
motivado1
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2014, 05:46:47 PM »

Hey Motivado glad to hear you are doing good mate! Ive been walking for 2-3 weeks now and my hips keep swaying from side to side and it really bothers me because I want to walk normal lol. Did you also have this problem or was your walking weird in a different way?

Thanks man! Likewise, awesome to hear you are progressing well and didn't need any additional procedures Smiley I had the swaying both side-to-side as well as a hip forward sway at times. The swaying I think was mostly from ITB/pelvic muscle tightness. I was so tired of stretching so many times/day during the distraction phase that I briefly got a little lazy entering the consolidation stage. Soon as I started stretching more the swaying started to improve. My right leg (quad area) would hurt quite a bit too every time i put my weight down on it, so that was another big reason for my unnatural looking gait. So part of it is that it just takes time for your body to get used to walking again (and with this new length increase) and the other part is just keeping up with the daily stretching routine. Since I'm lifting 5-6 days/wk it's even more imperative that I keep up with the stretching/mobility exercises.  Of course the progress on this goes much slower than we'd like, but just like the previous phase--before u know it, it's over, and now you're just reaping the rewards of all the hard work you put into it Wink
motivado1
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »

Quote from: Afonso link=topic=797.msg102498#msg102498 day=14190807
hey Motivado,  awesome love hearing good things!!  What problems are you having with sleep at this point? 

I have a very pronounced/annoying "restless" sensation in my legs when it's time to turn in. One issue is, as u mentioned in one of your posts, being off schedule for so long/falling asleep during the day for too long. Another is working out too close to bedtime (at times). And lastly, ive never had an addictive-type personality, but my body is wondering why I'm not feeding it those little white pain pills anymore haha.
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 02:12:50 PM »

ha ha I know what you mean about the little white pills I have 8 pills left and won't get another prescription I suspect my body will revolt a little:-) For me sleep is still an issue as well. although nothing close to what it was during LL.  I think once I resolve my bent knee issues and get on a normal sleep cycle things will get much better.
kneehowguys
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2015, 12:09:55 PM »

What are the things you dislike or wish were different with your doctor or living situation?

How did you decide on your living space and the LA area?

Mahboubian Precise 2.0 looks like the a good bet for Americans who don't want to pay for Paley or Roz.
motivado1
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2015, 07:14:46 AM »

Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a more ideal situation. I was born/raised in the LA area and Dr M's office is about 30 min from my house. On top of that, he is very knowledgeable about LLing and is technically an outstanding Orthopedic surgeon. So it wouldn't have made any sense for me to spend even more $ on traveling to another location and deal with unnecessary issues/additional expenses. In general, if one is seeking well-known/reputable surgeons, it's going to be costly no matter whom you decide on. Sounds cliché but, you get what you pay for--and this isn't something you want to take lightly. So you just have to find the location/doc/scenario that makes the most sense for you, all things considered. Aside from digressing a bit I hope that answered your question.
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2015, 07:26:33 AM »

Can we get an after picture so we can celebrate with you?  Wink
motivado1
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2015, 12:18:32 PM »

Took both of these tonight (final height 5'11" from just under 5'9").  You can see the scar where the osteotomy was done near the middle of the thigh (black/white pic).  I have some pics from the hospital and when I first got home that shows some gnarly bruising.  Those are on my desktop; I can upload those if anyone is interested in seeing the kind of bruising that can occur from the anticoags you're required to take (to prevent clotting/DVT/pulmonary embolism).  
a1_z1
MMT Adviser

Credibility 10

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2015, 12:45:00 PM »

Took both of these tonight (final height 5'11" from just under 5'9").  You can see the scar where the osteotomy was done near the middle of the thigh (black/white pic).  I have some pics from the hospital and when I first got home that shows some gnarly bruising.  Those are on my desktop; I can upload those if anyone is interested in seeing the kind of bruising that can occur from the anticoags you're required to take (to prevent clotting/DVT/pulmonary embolism).  

YOu look great. Of course the angle of teh pics makes you look better lol...but you do look good.
Afonso
MMT Member

Credibility 9

« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2015, 03:42:54 PM »

YOu look great. Of course the angle of teh pics makes you look better lol...but you do look good.
I feel like I'm looking at a calvin Klein AD - looking good !!
motivado1
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 02:10:37 AM »

Thanks guyz, I appreciate the encouraging words.  I've been working my butt off (or rather in this case, working to try and get my butt/thighs BACK ON to where they were lol).  I was one of those who really had significant atrophy of the glutes post-op/during the distraction phase; still have a ways to go.  It took doubling my caloric intake, lots of variations of squats/deadlifts/etc etc to make gradual improvements.  The main thing I can recommend to those having trouble with this is eating a clean but high calorie diet (meals spaced every 3-4 hours or so) and continuously, but safely adding more weight to your lifts.  Every-time you push yourself to get a little stronger, you'll get a little more size out of it too (assuming your diet/rest is on point).  Because I have a relatively long torso and a wingspan of 5'11", the added length to the femurs doesn't look too unnatural like I thought it could.  And again, as the upper legs fill out, it improves further.  I've never really had a problem with filling out my upper legs, but lower legs have always been slender proportionately.  This is why I chose not to do the tibias which I felt would accentuate that issue even more.           
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.