MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:11:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wanna post  (Read 35809 times)
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 12:12:20 AM »

Feel free to perform a search on the site and take some time to read through the diaries. 

You will read plenty of cases that share lots of stretching and exercises so it can be avoided.  I believe it's highly recommended as a last resort.

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
Silvertiger
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 64

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 02:33:57 AM »

I would like to post my diary.  Can someone help start one?

my experience at Ilizarov Centre in Kurgan, Russia
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »

I would like to post my diary.  Can someone help start one?

my experience at Ilizarov Centre in Kurgan, Russia

Job done!

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
Silvertiger
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 64

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 10:10:20 PM »

I would like to insert pictures into my diary can you tell me how too.  Thanx
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »

I am not really sure how to post pictures on MMT. However, I hope that someone who does know how to post pictures helps you soon.

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2015, 12:04:36 AM »

Use a picture hosting site like Photobucket or Imagur and upload your photos to them. Then copy the links for the photos actual location and insert it into your post.
Me Ow7
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 09:46:38 PM »

Hmmm since I need to post a certain amount of replays before starting my own topic. . .  Here i go! Lol sorry for the nonsense, but these are the rules
Me Ow7
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 09:48:22 PM »

Does anyone know how many posts I need before I can make my own thread? I have read this forum a decent amount over the last few months, but now as getting this done has become more desirable to me, I have got questions!
Iscrml
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »

I've been on this site for a couple of years but have rarely posted anything.   I have a couple of questions.   

Im based in the US and am part of the military.   I would like to go to China for my surgery after I get out but I'm concerned on getting a Chinese visa, as well as how long it would take to get it.   I'll be out on Jan 4 2021 and would like to start my surgery as soon as possible,  when should I start applying for a passport and visa.   Lastly are you given crutches in China or do you need to buy your own?
aerys01
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2015, 05:28:04 PM »

http://www.growtallmethod.com/ this is not trou is it?
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2015, 10:48:22 PM »

Highly doubt it.

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2015, 07:42:31 AM »

http://www.growtallmethod.com/ this is not trou is it?

Nah, don't bother. I almost took the bait on a similar scam about 2 years ago. Pointless. The only surefire way to get taller is through the various types of CLL surgeries.

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
NaOH
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2015, 04:41:49 PM »

Long time lurker.  Saving for LL, though I am curious.

How much would I be looking at in cost?

I know prices vary wildly, however what would the most inexpensive route for LL be?
China? Russia? Somewhere deep in eastern Europe?
yellowish
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2015, 03:17:31 AM »

Hey Mates,
I am 19 years old, from Germany and new on this forum.
My height is 158cm or 5 feet 2⁄64 inches
and my desired height would be 180 cm or 5'11
my idea was to lenghten  first 12cm my Tibia
and then my femur with 10cm after 2 or 1,5 years
i would like to use the internal method for both because there isn't much risk of infection and to be numb and stiff.
but for the lenghtening of the timbia i am still insecure, because i heard the external method would be better, but as far as i know there are many disadvantages of this method, like high risk to get infections and some storys that bones of some people couldn't heal up.  So would you please give me some advices and is it even possible to lengthen till 12 cm in one operation/surgery? and whats the best for the Tibia?
And how is it financially possible? do some of you guys take a credit?
And if i could choose which internal method I want, I would choose the Fitbone method by Dr.  R.  Baumgart of the ZEM Clinic in Munich.  But he is too expensive like you pay for LL 160 000 € so I consider to go to Dr.  Betz but does he use the Fitbone method as well? and I read here that Dr.  Betz is bad on his work and can't stick his screws right into an angle?
And what would be the best method for the Tibia lenghtening?
And would be going to Dr.  Betz a good choice?
people who did external lenghtening do you clean your pins with alcohol? to reduce the infection risk? or what would be really helpful?
Cheers
Phazon-Monado
MMT Member

Credibility 0

"Turn the lights down, I'm having trouble hearing"

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2015, 07:44:19 AM »

Hey Mates,
i would like to use the internal method for both because there isn't much risk of infection and to be numb and stiff.
but for the lenghtening of the timbia i am still insecure, because i heard the external method would be better, but as far as i know there are many disadvantages of this method, like high risk to get infections and some storys that bones of some people couldn't heal up.  So would you please give me some advices and is it even possible to lengthen till 12 cm in one operation/surgery? and whats the best for the Tibia?
And if i could choose which internal method I want, I would choose the Fitbone method by Dr.  R.  Baumgart of the ZEM Clinic in Munich.  But he is too expensive like you pay for LL 160 000 € so I consider to go to Dr.  Betz but does he use the Fitbone method as well? and I read here that Dr.  Betz is bad on his work and can't stick his screws right into an angle?
people who did external lenghtening do you clean your pins with alcohol? to reduce the infection risk? or what would be really helpful?
Cheers

22 cm for someone who's 158 cm tall... Not sure if it will work, but if it did, you'd probably end up having something like a 65/35 lower body to upper body ratio, you could probably get away with just 12 cm all up, you'd end up 170 cm tall, or 5'7"

Height: 170cm (5'7")
Reach: 177cm (69")
Goal height: 182cm ~ 185cm (5'11" ~ 6'1")
GrowPrettySoon
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2015, 02:11:47 AM »

Hey Mates,
Cheers

Why would you want to do it with Fitbone? It’s inferior and not worth the money. If you can come to America do it with PRECICE, but you need to get older and make the money first, or do it with cheap externals.
As far as the angled screws, ask the troll armchair experts to give you their study data on how much more surface area angled versus straight screws can hold.
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2015, 01:33:01 PM »

Hey Mates,
Cheers

The  infections could be much if you are not careful, but it is almost impossible to be very serious and risk your bone, while with internals the infections are few, but much more difficult to heal.
Personally, I didn't even have any serious infection that wouldn't go away with some betadine (not even antibiotics) so if you are a little careful and go to a good hospital, infection risk even with externals is minimum.

About non union/healing now, I don't know any case of that happening to someone healthy. Even if it happens, the same could happen with internal methods so no difference here. Also, internals like betzbone and fitbone are way more intrusive and hard for the bone, so if someone could have a problem like that, it is maybe more possible to happen with these internals rather than with externals.
If you use monorails like me, there is a risk for a malunion (because doctor can't fix the angles like ilizarov) but if the doctor does a good job on the surgery, it is almost impossible to have a malunion (my bones were completely straight after lengthening, I have the x rays on my diary).
So, like all methods, externals for tibias have some pros and cons. The biggest (if not the only one) drawback it that it is not so comfortable like internals. But comparing with cost and rehabilitation time (from the first to final surgery), I still believe that externals are the best way for tibias. For femurs the only option is internals.

Finally, be more wise with the lengthening amount you want.
If you lengthen 12cm in tibias, you'll be almost for sure a creep that couldn't even walk normal.
These amounts are way too much, especially for someone with a 1.58 initial height. Your desired height you said is 1,80, but that doesn't mean it is possible for you. Also, you would look completely ridiculous with 22cm added to a 1,58 body. I am sure I would look ridiculous too, even though I had an almost 1,70 initial height.
But thats my personal opinion about appearance. But for the problems you would have is not my personal opinion but what every doctor would have said to you.
So, even your desired height is 1,80, that doesn't mean that you can achieve it. If your desired height were 1,85, you would have lengthened 27cm? Of course not.

If you want to be almost back to your initial condition after LL, stick to 8,5cm for femurs and 7 for tibias at max. These amounts would make you a respectable 1,73-4 and even if it still not completely safe, I'm almost sure that you would be fine.
Anything more that that would be way too risky for you and most LL'ers.

live strong
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2015, 05:14:43 PM »

Hey Mates,
Cheers

12 cm on tibias is just asking for permanent injury, don't do that. The maximum on tibias should be 3 ins. (7.62 cm.), and 3 and a 1/2 ins. (8.89 cm.) on femurs due to the fact that femurs generally heal faster and there's less risk of complications.

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
Taco
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2015, 03:42:29 AM »

The  infections could be much if you are not careful, but it is almost impossible to be very serious and risk your bone, while with internals the infections are few, but much more difficult to heal.
Personally, I didn't even have any serious infection that wouldn't go away with some betadine (not even antibiotics) so if you are a little careful and go to a good hospital, infection risk even with externals is minimum.

The wire go through the bone, and there a couple of them in each leg. Of course it is possible to get deep bone infections with externals.

About non union/healing now, I don't know any case of that happening to someone healthy. Even if it happens, the same could happen with internal methods so no difference here. Also, internals like betzbone and fitbone are way more intrusive and hard for the bone, so if someone could have a problem like that, it is maybe more possible to happen with these internals rather than with externals.

umm, actually there are more than a few cases of non-union happening to healthy people. mal-alignments that happen with externals increase the possibility of delayed and non-unions.

If you use monorails like me, there is a risk for a malunion (because doctor can't fix the angles like ilizarov) but if the doctor does a good job on the surgery, it is almost impossible to have a malunion

mis-alignments, and curvature of the bones happen with all externals including illizarov, while they are impossible with internals.
Also, you don't have to take out internals before the bones are solid anytime soon, so you don't lose any length.
You resume normal life much sooner with internals and you don't have to isolate yourself from the world because you have from on.
You can not walk anywhere close to normal with externals on.
Psychological drag and discomfort with externals are much more with externals.

galaxystar
MMT Contributor

Credibility 30

« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2015, 12:59:10 PM »

The wire go through the bone, and there a couple of them in each leg. Of course it is possible to get deep bone infections with externals.

umm, actually there are more than a few cases of non-union happening to healthy people. mal-alignments that happen with externals increase the possibility of delayed and non-unions.

mis-alignments, and curvature of the bones happen with all externals including illizarov, while they are impossible with internals.
Also, you don't have to take out internals before the bones are solid anytime soon, so you don't lose any length.
You resume normal life much sooner with internals and you don't have to isolate yourself from the world because you have from on.
You can not walk anywhere close to normal with externals on.
Psychological drag and discomfort with externals are much more with externals.

I've come to the conclusion that LL requires a great deal of luck whether it's internal methods or external methods. It really comes down to weighing all the pros and cons for you and then deciding whether you want to gamble 30k for externals or 80k for internals. Myself I'm not a fan of internals for tibias, mostly because of the reaming that is done, and for tibias that could be risky.

Which internal tibia method/device do you advocate most for? I think many of the points that you bring up against external lengthening can be avoided or at least you can increase your chances of a good outcome if you go with a very good doctor and if you have a cooperative patient.

It's not good to steer prospective patiesnts & newbies only one way, after the research is done everyone really must decide for themselves.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.