MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:09:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wanna post  (Read 35808 times)
MillionKnives
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2015, 06:11:48 AM »

Are there any LL doctors in Toronto? I have been thinking about this for about a month and a half now and have read diaries from Growing, Greekster, etc and I want to do this before 2017 comes around.  I am 5'10 (178 cm) and I want to gain 3 inches of height (4 inches if I'm lucky). 
MillionKnives
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2015, 06:14:41 AM »

No more than 7. 5 cm of course.  I was never a big athlete so I'm not worried about sports wise post LL. 
pizymisa
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2015, 02:41:45 AM »

I have registered a long time ago, but this is my first reply. .
Can I post my own thread? I just want to talk with someone about my initial consultation
Badwolf
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2015, 06:40:10 PM »

Hi,

I'm currently in Saint Petersburg and will undergo surgery tomorrow for classic Illizarov under Doctor Solomin, assisted by Dr.  Kulesh.  Would it be possible for me to start a diary?

Warm regards,
Badwolf
depressedshort
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2015, 04:11:47 AM »

Hi all.  I also wanted to make my own topic, but unfortunately I'm still new.

I'm 5'6. 5 and I weight 166lbs.  Yes, I do wear shoe lifts + shoes to make me appear taller.  It gives me a 3'' boost, but I swear they're lying.  If that's the case it'd make me 5'9. 5 which STILL makes me look short.  I actually appeared more so 5'8. 5 than 5'9. 5. . . the doctors did not measure me wrong.  They measured me twice in the past 2 weeks and I'm 5'6. 5

I've grown half an inch since I was 18, so that's nice. 
I was 5'5 at age 16, 5'6 at age 19, and now 5'6. 5 at age 22.  I am most likely done growing, and maybe. . just maybe I can get lucky and grow to 5'7, but I still feel short. 

Can anyone here give me an example of 5'6. 5 person aside with a 5'9. 5 person?
I can't keep wearing lifts for the rest of my life. . . .  one day these women are going to find out I'm lying, and it's over.  One day someone will notice, and call me out on it.  As I'm relatively young I know the surgery is expensive, but it's less of the $$$, but more of a job.  There is no way you can physically perform your job after this surgery, correct? For how long? How can you even live without income? I wouldn't be able to tell me my parents about this because they will think I am an idiot, so I'm stuck.  I pay all this money, and then what? I have no income. . . nothing to pay my bills with, and I'm generally screwed.  Instead of being short, I'll be broke!
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2015, 05:46:03 AM »

Hello Badwolf: Do you do external tibial? I can help you to post new topics. Thanks.
Badwolf
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »

Quote from: growsoon link=topic=7744. msg106524#msg106524 date=1442900763
Hello Badwolf: Do you do external tibial? I can help you to post new topics.  Thanks.

Hi, yes I do.  That would be great!
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2015, 10:10:04 AM »

Hi all.  I also wanted to make my own topic, but unfortunately I'm still new.

I'm 5'6. 5 and I weight 166lbs.  Yes, I do wear shoe lifts + shoes to make me appear taller.  It gives me a 3'' boost, but I swear they're lying.  If that's the case it'd make me 5'9. 5 which STILL makes me look short.  I actually appeared more so 5'8. 5 than 5'9. 5. . . the doctors did not measure me wrong.  They measured me twice in the past 2 weeks and I'm 5'6. 5

I've grown half an inch since I was 18, so that's nice. 
I was 5'5 at age 16, 5'6 at age 19, and now 5'6. 5 at age 22.  I am most likely done growing, and maybe. . just maybe I can get lucky and grow to 5'7, but I still feel short. 

Can anyone here give me an example of 5'6. 5 person aside with a 5'9. 5 person?
I can't keep wearing lifts for the rest of my life. . . .  one day these women are going to find out I'm lying, and it's over.  One day someone will notice, and call me out on it.  As I'm relatively young I know the surgery is expensive, but it's less of the $$$, but more of a job.  There is no way you can physically perform your job after this surgery, correct? For how long? How can you even live without income? I wouldn't be able to tell me my parents about this because they will think I am an idiot, so I'm stuck.  I pay all this money, and then what? I have no income. . . nothing to pay my bills with, and I'm generally screwed.  Instead of being short, I'll be broke!

Hi, it depends what kind of job you have. Post surgery you won't be able to do any physical job. Usually people that work during LL are freelancers or they have their own company, or some comfy office job so they manage with wheelchair. If you are not one of them, then you would need enough money for the whole process as it takes months(it depends how much lengthening to do, method, but usually around 12-15months without serious complications) to do LL and to come back to normal life. But again, you are very unlikely to come back to heavy/demanding physical job.

And yep, you can't live without income so everybody who goes for LL, needs sufficient amount of money on account or permanent income. If you don't have money or job that you can perform during LL-then you can't do LL! All you can do is to get better job, take a loan(if you have a way to pay it back of course), get some money from parents. Some people spend years collecting money for this surgery and then you always need some cash on the side for possible complications.
Jamesmcw
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2015, 04:16:22 PM »

Quote from: SysOp link=topic=7744. msg101611#msg101611 date=1415447235
You have to have a certain number of posts before you can create your own thread.  You can ask your question here if you would like.

Just joined and have a question

Is 8cm rod for tibia the maximum and 9-10cm rod maximum for thigh internal rods leg lengthening?  Not sure If I am wording my question properly. . . . sorry. . . total NEWB here
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2015, 03:03:42 PM »

Just joined and have a question

Is 8cm rod for tibia the maximum and 9-10cm rod maximum for thigh internal rods leg lengthening?  Not sure If I am wording my question properly. . . . sorry. . . total NEWB here

Hi, since you say 'cm' I guess you talk about lengthening amounts?? Is that right? Precice II can stretch up to 8cm but for tibia it's usually advised to do 6.5cm(or it's max? not 100% sure as I am done with my tibias already) but for femurs(or thighs) Precice II can go for 8cm.

If you talk about diameters of nails those are given in millimetres and it depends on size of bone canal where rod is being put. You can find exact info on Paley Institute site where you can read about nail, diameters etc.

I hoped it helped you.
texasbruce
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2015, 06:35:19 AM »

Quote from: ilizarovgirl link=topic=7744. msg106831#msg106831 date=1445699022
Hi, since you say 'cm' I guess you talk about lengthening amounts?? Is that right? Precice II can stretch up to 8cm but for tibia it's usually advised to do 6. 5cm(or it's max? not 100% sure as I am done with my tibias already) but for femurs(or thighs) Precice II can go for 8cm.

If you talk about diameters of nails those are given in millimetres and it depends on size of bone canal where rod is being put.  You can find exact info on Paley Institute site where you can read about nail, diameters etc.

I hoped it helped you.

It really depends on doctor and person. . .  Most doctors suggest 2. 5" - 3" (6. 25cm-7. 5cm) on tibias.
alexander63
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2015, 12:15:03 PM »

Can you tell me how much does it cost about 7cm grow in russia if i havent got room so i must pay for room and food?
nextinline34
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2016, 06:51:37 PM »

Use the forum to find the category for doctors in your area.  There will be a price guide there.
gyogeul
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2016, 05:11:32 PM »

This forum has been a great resource and has answered many of my questions.  I still have some to ask and since I can't make a thread on my own, I'll post my question in two other threads similar to hopefully get a faster response.

1.  In the FAQ it says that most surgeons will not accept a patient above 175cm.  I'm assuming there's a reason for this.  Are complications more likely to ensue for a person above 175cm?

2.  I'm currently 18 and stand at 5'7. 5 ft/171. 4 cm.  I am not considering getting the surgery now, but sometime after my growth plates have fused completely. I expect that by the time I stop growing, I will be at 5'10 ft/178cm.  My desired height is 6'3 ft/190. 5cm.  I would need 13cm to reach this height from 5'10 ft.  However in another thread as well as the FAQ it suggests that 12cm is the limit (albeit initially it said 5cm for cosmetic reasons, so I'm not sure if the same is for 12cm).  Would 1cm above the limit be an issue?

3.  I read a diary of a man who lengthened 7. 5cm/3inches to 5'9 feet.  In the diary he states the surgery was successful with no complications, however he projects his athletic ability is capped at 80%.  Is this likely to happen to people who go above the 5/6cm limit, or is it expected that people who stay within the limits will return to their normal height ability?

4.  In the FAQ, it states that the bone can regenerate at a rate of 1mm per day, as well as up to 12cm in length to be added.   A post I read on another LL forum says that lengthening more than 0. 66cm will "destroy" the body.  Can someone provide a counter, as well as some evidence that supports either or so I have a guide on which one is more accurate?

5.  I've read that added height in the femur can slightly decompress the amount that was lengthened.  Is this true? And if so, how much length is expected to be compromised?

6.  In diaries I've read that in recovery they stay in a "house" with other patients.  I also read that a particular diet is required for proper healing.  Since patients are essentially living in the sapce while recovering, I assume that the costs of surgery not only cover the operation and the physical therapy, but as well as the diet? If not, what exactly is covered by the surgery and what else needs to be paid in order to recover best?

7.  Do two surgeries (femur and tibia) pose a higher risk for complications? Since I'm likely to need both to reach my desired height.

8.  Are there certain physical conditions that are not recommended to get this surgery? I have a weak patella in my right knee.  According to a physical therapist I went to, is something that's genetic and I will have to live with, although exercises can strengthen it to varying extents. 
Fivefeetfive
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2016, 10:50:53 PM »

Hello guys! I'm new and would like to achieve my dream height.  Been looking to get the procedure done in China since its relatively cheap, but unsure because it hasn't been updated on this site for awhile.  Don't know if they are still active.  Emailed them and no replies. 

Current height - 5'5 - 165cm
Dream height - 5'11 - 180cm

Want to do tibias and femur in the future. 

Visit! Please help in anyway you can.
Donation page:
https://www. gofundme. com/makemetaller
CrashBandicoot
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2016, 01:18:50 AM »

I'd love to start a thread about starting heights for LLing.

I'd like to see 1) what people think of suitable starting heights for LLing, 2) the benefits of being a taller person going through LL, and 3) suitable growth per height, e. g.  a) what amount of height is worth going for, and b) how much height is suitable based on a person's height.

Will the pain and stretching be more survivable and manageable for longer legs? I imagine longer legs will suffer less strain when lengthening, since patients have more material to work with.

Is it worth lengthening if you're a 5' guy going for 5'3, or a 5'11 guy going for 6'3? Of course I support people's goals, but I'm curious what other people think.
Complex
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »

Didn't you just post something ?
You asked how to post while posting I think. . .
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2016, 12:07:55 AM »

Crash is talking about starting a thread. I think there's still a restriction in place in which one must be "Certified" to initiate a new topic.

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
zfine1225
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2016, 09:30:31 PM »

Unable to make a thread of my own, so thought I'd post here.

Hi there.  So I'm beginning the leg lengthening journey, and I have a couple starter questions that will help determine if I should proceed.   Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

1.   I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder that is in remission.   It is focused on my skin, but I have spent years in therapy, and I am confident that it is under control.   My issue with my height is very different from this disorder and is much more akin to what Dr.  Paley refers to as height  dysphoria.   I have spent a lot of time and energy addressing my BDD, and I feel like I've made great strides in overcoming it.   Do you think this will prevent me from being a candidate for the surgery?

2.   Approximately 2 years ago, I ended a regular course of accutane.   I know that this medication can sometimes have an effect on bone strength, but I've never had any problems, and as I mentioned, it's been over two years since I last took it.   Could having taken this medication prevent me from being a candidate?

3.   I'm 5'6 and I'm looking into femoral lengthening for an increase of 3 inches.   Do I need to be concerned about body proportions being thrown off and looking odd after the procedure?

Thank you for your time!  This whole thing is quite scary and overwhelming, but the mental pain is simply intolerable at this point and I feel I must take action!
FiveSix
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »

Hey guys and gals, this is my first post.

I became very interested in LL a few months ago because I finally conceded that most of the time, five six doesn't cut it.  I have so many questions about the procedure and so little time to go ahead with it.

I was wondering if you guys/ sysop could answer them to the best of your abilities!

Thank you!

-FiveSix  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.