MMT Community
December 17, 2018, 02:23:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tough love is the best love for people considering Leg Lengthening - the truth hurts, but it's important to be realistic Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deathorb - External Tibias - Dr.Barinov - 2014 - LL in Volgograd  (Read 26200 times)
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« on: November 08, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »

Deathorb has asked me to make him a diary in order for him to document his LL journey.

Good luck and God Speed my friend.
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 09:07:04 PM »

To start with I looked at where to go for  LL years ago and the pricing was not right!
 it is good that now you can get LL for a price that seems fair, obtainable and is documented, mainly thanks to this very site.

I aim to give more of a review of my chosen destination's facilities and will be keeping my posts short and concise to enable easy reading by others. 

the first part of having this procedure done is contacting them. 
this has proven to be difficult.  my next post will explain this.

I also often use a tablet for posting messages here.  hence occasional bad grammar and lack of capitals!!!

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:13 PM »

I have to say that I'm really excited about your diary.  Can't wait to read all the details. 

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 09:43:10 PM »

credit card or bank transsfer.  Preferably bank transfer.  What is the total cost including nail removal and the 3 months ?

-

I would love a response to wether I need multi or double entry visa by tommorrow. . . .  either way I will send of for a multi on Friday.  Will I need to go to Russia more than twice? A double would be much cheaper!

-

Can I have your bank details to pass the payment through to you - with exact charges please? ( surgery and stay cost plus nail cost with removal ) 

-

Also after 3 months will I definately get to go back home? Also when will I need to return again? I hope for about 6 cm lengthening.  Will I have to pay for anything over the 3 months and at what rate? 

These are an example of some of the really important questions I have yet to recieve an answer for.  To be fair  she may have told me the total cost after my initial email to her, but I think i lost it.  she has since then ignored me trying to check on the price! almost unbelievable.  she a told me several times to book flights.  I eventually did and she asked if I could change them due to me arriving at 1:30 am Volgograd.  she said the centre would be closed.  she has now agreed to book me a hotel.  I now feel slightly stupid and not very positive, and despite receiving payment details, I have no idea what to pay!

Is this a result of her not understanding English very well? Could a spreadsheet or document including all prices, need to know information and billing details be needed? 
I was going to ask about what clothes would fit over the device and if my room has a modern TV and other facilities.

I leave on the 19th!!!!

Rant over.
zeo
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 13

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 09:55:48 PM »

Hmmmm I'm sure you've seen this but just in case you didn't, Rgkey and Prince2 both have a lot of information on Volgograd in their diaries.

Rgkey's Diary
http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,7057.0.html

Prince2's Diary
http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,7511.0.html

I think I remember reading something about Visas in one of the two diaries but i can't remember which
It looks like you have a lot of information to figure out in a short amount of time.
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 10:16:40 PM »

Double entry should be all I need - price difference between multi and double is £145.  A few words in an email could save people paying that.

Thanks for the links but I need exact prices for payment, and for various reasons I would prefer a quote directly from her, being a representative - as I am sure you will agree.

If anyone has any details about the hotel/longstay facility then I would love to hear it!

For example, could I bring a console or PC and play COD to while away the time a bit better?

Could I connect it to the TV if my room mate gave permission?

How are meals prepared and brought in or collected? Are they nice?

How does one wash themselves?

Do you really need travel insurance for a Visa as one diary mentions, because I have non and yet have applied for my Visa.  It did not state this anywhere on the application. . .

Do any of these diaries mention clothing and what to wear? 

I was wondering if any body could shed light on some of these questions - then ultimately we could produce a beginners guide to surgery in Volgograd!
One or two sides of A4 max!!   

Then maybe other people could benefit from all of these diaries, instead of reading every comment and looking at possible conflicting data or one sided opinions. 

For eg.  Has any one recieved superior or very informative contact from the rep.  at Volgograd? Am I just a one off?
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 10:50:45 PM »

For your inquiries you should contact Irene, Dr. Barinov's assistant, directly.

Her email address is info3@rucosm.com
Her Skype username is Volga-volga6

She has replied to all of my emails within 24 hours. She will assist you with obtaining a visa.

I do know they accept bank transfer, travelers checks, and credit cards - Visa/MasterCard. American Express is not accepted by them.

deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 11:25:45 PM »

I have her personal email and all relevant details.

180isDDream
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2014, 08:57:24 AM »

Last I read Prince2 got in trouble regarding visa....? HAve you asked specifically what kind of visa you'll need and how long its valid for?

Prince2 said he had to sign some papers when the authorities came saying he lied about his visa and so on, not sure what his situation is like atm.

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »

I was curious about the same issue, 180.

My friend, Srimech, pointed out that their embassy website says "citizens should also be aware that Russian immigration and visa laws change regularly, and the implementation of new regulations has not always been transparent or predictable."

So there is never a guarantee, but I hope Prince2 the best.

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »

Irene confirmed the prices on MMT:
•12,500 Euros for the procedure + 3 months stay
•1,000 Euros for every month after the initial 3 month period
•2,000 Euros for Synthes nail - http://www.synthes.com/MediaBin/US%20DATA/Product%20Support%20Materials/Technique%20Guides/SUTGTITrocJ3900I.pdf

I didn't ask what the additional cost for nail removal will be.

The above are exact prices that you should plan to pay.

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 07:51:01 PM »

I am going to Volgograd in about a week for 6 cm .

Deathorb,

It's been a week. Have you embarked on your journey to Russia yet?  Keep in touch with us and good luck Smiley

deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 01:58:21 PM »

I will be producing a spread using word 2014, over the next few weeks.
The surgery cost varies greatly and you cannot just assume it will be x amount. Blood tests and x rays are charged separately and when i recently paid using my credit card they charged me 851, Huh? Rubles.  Which is well over the quoted 14500 Euros. They had no way of working out the exact exchange rate. I will be having words about this in due time.  The cost for nail removal is quoted at about 200 Euros.

Any way I am in Russia now and will get back to you guys soon.

P.S.   I would advise asking for a discount and renting a nearby apartment. For the price the facilities appear slightly lacking for my taste.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 06:06:17 PM »

Deathorb,

We would greatly appreciate the spreadsheet

deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2014, 08:13:52 PM »

hey devil are you who i think you are?   Hello from Death and were im pants. etc?

My Skype is Deathorb1 anyone hit me up.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »

Added you on skype! Thanks

josh87
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2014, 04:02:50 AM »

Hey man thanks for your diary, I would be following it real close.   In a year I want to get this done, and start living my life my way.  Best of luck man, it's the best decision you'll ever make. 
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2014, 10:08:14 AM »

My Skype is Deathorb1 anyone hit me up.

I added you Smiley

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
josh87
MMT Member

Credibility 6

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »

Added you too.
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2014, 08:47:21 AM »

LL TRIP TO RUSSIA WITH DR BARINOV -   A HANDY GUIDE BY MR ORB

Your journey will start at the clinic or hospital depending on what happens. The hospital is very bare bones as well as the actual private clinic itself – so be warned about boredom setting in at times. As well as a lack of certain comforts you may or may not be used to. For example - a decent shower, a good set of cutlery and a toaster are all missing! However the clinic does have a washing machine and hot water facilities.
I won’t speak much of the hospital facilities as they do have a shop and ideally you will only be there about three weeks. You get a simple shared room with fridge freezer and little else – no Wi-Fi.  I personally brought a PC and projector to throw up on the hospital wall and it worked a treat! Most of the staff were very surprised to see me settling down to big screen movies and the latest COD multiplayer!! Just remember to be polite and pack some headphones! A MegaFon internet dongle should cost you about 1191 R and give you two weeks of wonderful 4G access! You can then pay about 700 R for another month, although some people complained of bad reception, so another warning there! The data policy I believe is 70GB!
Although the clinic does have about 6MB/S wireless it is shared throughout several people and unless you speak Russian, or can plug in a laptop or PC – the TV at the clinic is somewhat worthless, the hospital has none of these things but it does not matter as much, because you need to concentrate on walking regularly. So in other words, bring some entertainment and any relevant tech to the private clinic. Perhaps an old Xbox or Chromecast for anyone who doesn’t want to be glued to a phone or laptop. Each double room at the private clinic has one medium TV and several plug sockets – and a shared refrigerator! Hopefully you will end up sharing with somebody sociable who speaks your language!
The following is a list of what I call extra expenses. It starts with necessary things and then ends with luxuries.
o   BIG BLOOD TEST – THIS IS NEEDED BEFORE SURGERY AND COST ABOUT 600 R +
o   A SET OF EIGHT XRAYS OF YOUR LOWER LEGS – IF LON (NAIL) IS NEEDED, THIS IS ABOUT 1600 R
o   THE NAILS WILL ALSO REQUIRE ANOTHER TRIP BACK TO RUSSIA FOR REMOVAL WITH A 200 EURO       CHARGE PLUS ACOMIDATION
o   WHILST AT HOME YOU MUST ALSO FORWARD SOME XRAYS AFTER A FEW MONTHS AS A CHECK UP
o   AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE FOR BEING UNCONSCIOUS DURING THE 3 + HOUR SURGERY (OPTIONAL)  4000 R
o   A SET OF CRUTCHES FROM THE HOSPITAL PHARMACEUTICAL 900 R
o   CHARGE FOR ADDITIONAL STAY AT CLINIC IS ROUGHLY 600 EUROS PER MONTH (MEALS INCLUDED)
o   A DEAL COULD BE MADE FOR PAYING FOR YOUR OWN APARTMENT FROM THE START AT ABOUT 400 EUROS PER MONTH
o   A BOWL AND CUTLERY AND MAYBE EVEN A CHEAP KETTLE COULD BE OBTAINED FOR THE HOSPITAL STAY.
o   FRUIT, YOGHURTS, MILK AND MEAT SAUSAUGE ARE QUITE CHEAP AND SHOULD BE EATEN REGULARLY!
o   KETOROL AND MULTIVITAMINS ARE ABOUT 500 R A PACK BUT I PREFER TO HAVE FREE INJECTIONS AND EAT WELL

Please don’t forget to ask about the Visa charges before coming over – and whether you will need a single, double or multi business Visa. And when making any advanced enquiries with your contact in Russia (Irena) please try and Skype her directly. She hates writing loads of emails and also works as a teacher – it pays to talk!!!
I can also add that bringing receipts for valuable tech is a good idea so as customs don’t assume you are trying to export things out of Russia. Also the benefits to LON (using a nail) is that the correction part is done instantly followed by lengthening. Without the nail the lengthening is followed by what can be a very long and costly limb correction process – taking up to 6 extra months (ask other members about this). I will also mention clothing – bring some very wide shorts or side zip trousers, because the devices or rings around your legs are huge! Lastly don’t forget to shave your legs before surgery – lol!

I will do a final update towards the end of my stay and mention anything else important – but there you go – my version of a diary!      Hope I help someone as some people have helped me!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.