MMT Community
August 15, 2018, 10:24:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is a free service to support those interested in or considering Leg Lengthening, and all are welcome to join! Just click on the register button and you will be approved ASAP. Remember to bookmark http://www.makemetaller.org now!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deathorb - External Tibias - Dr.Barinov - 2014 - LL in Volgograd  (Read 23950 times)
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2014, 08:56:26 AM »

IMPORTANT  -  TO AVOID PAIN AFTER SURGERY DO PLENTY OF STRETCHES, ROTATIONAL JOINT EXERCISES AND WALKING AROUND. SLEEPLESS NIGHTS CAN SERIOUSLY DEHABILITATE YOU DURING THIS PROCESS. IN AIR CYCLING WHEN IN BED AS WELL AS STRETCHING YOUR HAMSTRINGS BY POINTING YOUR TOES TOWARDS YOU WITH YOUR FEET IN THE AIR ARE GOOD WAYS TO ENSURE A GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP.

I only wish this forum would allow me to post my Word document - nevermind!
 Perhaps try compiling the best data you can find into your own document before you do LL.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2014, 09:58:55 AM »

Deathorb,

Your diary is much appreciated since it's the first LON procedure we're reading from
Dr. Barinov.  Is it possible for you to take a few photos of the nail insertion point? 

Maybe you can also give us an idea of how much you've lengthened so far?  When was your actual surgery date and how many days after did you begin the lengtbening process?

Just trying to gauge any time differences between external only vs LON.

It's really interesting because you and Prince2 are both with Dr. Barinov, but are receiving 2
different types of procedures. It's nice for us readers to compare.

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 07:52:59 PM »

can you please urgently refer me to or paste anything to do with leg pain during ll?
it is one leg and i cannot think straight. only happens when i rest it.
incredible pain
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »

I'm sorry to hear about your pain.  If anyone is going to try to recommend something, I think it's important to specify where on your leg hurts.  Are you taking any pain killers?

deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2014, 05:17:29 AM »

Pain thing is largely over. To answer your questions I cannot remove bandages to take a photo, but maybe soon.
Also upon arrival I had to have eight x rays and wait almost a week for the nails to arrive from Switzerland!
They are made specifically for the individual and now I have lengthened almost a CM.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 11:03:40 PM »

You're taller already Wink  Congratulations on the pain going away.  Such a relief to hear youre doing better!

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 03:39:41 AM »

Deathorb,

How many centimeters are you currently at?   Is it possible to share your x-rays?   Curious to see Dr. Barinov's work with the LON nail.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2015, 09:56:48 AM »

Deathorb,

How many centimeters are you currently at?   Is it possible to share your x-rays?   Curious to see Dr. Barinov's work with the LON nail.

Well, I have skyped with deathorb and he had some bad news. The nail was preventing him from lengthening so he had another operation to take the nail out again. As far as I understood they will try to put the nail in again after finishing lengthening...But lets wait for him to explain all the details.

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

OK I am currently going through a bad time right now with this LON method so I will explain.

On xmas day 25th - I went to surgery to have the nail looked at and likely removed so as I could continue lengthening. It was rubing on the inside of my bone because my bones are curved and so are not really suited to LON- as me and the doctors have found out.  Instead of removing it though - they noticed that I had actually lengthened about 1cm from my previous xray. It was believed that the tension being put on the pins in my leg from turning had finally overcome the nails' grip on the inside of my Tibia.

This was good news and they decided to lengthen me about 0.5 cm whilst under anaesthesia. (anyone done more than 5mm in under 5 mins?) I cannot even begin to describe to you how painful my xmas night was.  Zero sleep for two days -  constantlyy on a drip and suffering from real sleep deprivation. (not just constant drowsiness - actuall inability to focus, depression and unable to look at screens or lights)    So it was good news followed by a horrifying experience - Happy pissing xmas!

I then recovered a bit before developing a dodgy and very painfull pin issue which reared its ugly head again just in time for new year.  I had to wait 5 days until the doctors where back on duty before this was rectified. I felt abandoned and uncared for during this time. At least my legs were lengthening though - or so I thought...

Today the bolts/screws which you turn the nuts on - were not straight and were bent from my legs not lengthening over the past few days - hard to describe but the tension has bent my pins and the bolts/screws to the point were my left leg made a Thuung... type of sound as I turned one of the nuts. This made the bolts suddenly straighten and sent a shock of pain through my leg as it suddenly must have lengthened a few mill.
I am relieved this has happened because after  a mere six hours of pain the leg feels good, but there is a watery lump on my leg were the new bone is forming!

I am currently trying to get my right leg to do the same thing - I can feel the tension in the leg and it feels aching and weird. I even tried pulling on my foot to make the bloody internel nail stop griping my bone and allow the device to go thunng.. and lengthen. I would welcome the pain!

Any way fire away any questions.

PS  Hospital "doctor" Just came in and I tried to ask her if she could ring Barinov or Dr Zikov but she said no and then told me not to turn for 4 days until they are back from there xmas holiday.  I refuse to stop turning and risk consolidation followed by more surgery. I hate this place and can't believe that the one time of year everybody buggers off on holiday and I am stuck here with rather urgent issues.... dont lengthen over xmas or new year I suppose- because they will not give a shi*.
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2015, 05:48:44 PM »

Will update with pictures if someone shows me how...
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »

View the album
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 05:57:11 PM »

http://s87.photobucket.com/user/damienking3/slideshow/
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 10:20:50 PM »

Wow. I'm really surprised that they didn't anticipate that you might have a problem with LON because of your curved tibias. It sucks that you are having to deal with this complication. LL is definitely a battle. Keep up the fight.
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 01:40:55 AM »

Do you have any knee pain from nail insertion?

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 03:00:39 AM »

Do you have any knee pain from nail insertion?

His initial surgery was less than a month ago, I'm sure he still had some soreness from that only four weeks post surgery.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 05:18:30 AM »

Deathorb,

I'm sorry that you had to suffer through the holidays, but glad to hear things are going up hill. I hope you get to go to the clinic soon.

Do you think your bones are particularly curved or do you think Dr. Barinov will perform LATN, instead of LON, for future patients?

Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 04:32:40 PM »

Hey man

Have you got fixed fibula?
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2015, 10:00:26 AM »

If I trusted the doctor enough then LATN is now known to be superior. But would it go badly for me somehow?
I think the bone on the right leg will have to be broken again and then lengthening under anethesia again.
I am obviously not happy, especially with my dad coming over on the 15th.
Also, no my knees are fine - in fact I have very little pain at all now - I just wish I could lengthen  normally without this BS!
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2015, 06:35:44 PM »

I can understand you're not as pleased with the progress as you were intending, but going in to this I'm sure you expected some glitches in the plan.

Try to remain positive and remember you will still get out of there in half the time of the external-only patients!

deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 11:30:28 AM »

Update - I now have to have my legs twisted by the doctors several times a week to initiate lengthening. They undo the outer nuts on the columns, whilst leaving the inner nuts tight - the ones which initiate lengthening. They then grab the lower ring in one hand and then the upper ring in the other hand and twist my legs!   
It looks horrific - my roommate could not even look. But luckily that is not the painful part.

I then hear a loud dong as my legs instantly (and painfully) lengthen several mm's.

I also have one of the screws from the internal nail starting to poke out of my leg.
I think I feel another operation coming on.....

But hopefully not and I will continue to lengthen in 2-3 mm sudden jerks as the nail pops out of my bone- nice..

I hate the hospital and could do with some advice on getting an apartment in Russia (experienced people only please)   

I will answer any sane questions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.