MMT Community
June 19, 2018, 03:06:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deathorb - External Tibias - Dr.Barinov - 2014 - LL in Volgograd  (Read 22802 times)
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2015, 07:41:36 AM »

DeathOrb,

I understand wanting a new environment.  If they're willing to approve leaving the hospital, why don't you enjoy the clinic for a month or two since 3 months of shelter is included in the price?

Also, do you mind asking Dr. Barinov if he intends to do LATN for future nail patients? I'm quite interested in that answer.

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2015, 09:01:47 AM »

Only time will tell if Barinov will ever do LATN - wish I got that done(obviously!)

Someone who contacted me is coming over to do LON - and he also has bowed legs.
He will ask about LATN.

I think even though I am owed a months rent from Barinov. The cost of an apartment here is about 15000 R.
This is about 150 pounds. In other words nothing compared to 11,500 pounds for the operation and 3 months board.

I would rather pay this tiny amount and live in luxury for my final months!!  And taxi prices are insanely low, half an hour journeys are about 150 R!! 

The clinic by the way costs 45000 for one month. You get a childs bed in a shared room with bog standard facilities and some food.   By contrast - as my Russian roommate has said - getting an apartment is luxury and half the price including food! 

You can then get a taxi to the clinic whenever needed.

Hope that answers your Q!
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2015, 08:36:43 PM »

Wow, that sounds pretty good. I never knew LON was so cheap there. Do you know how bowed your legs were before surgery?

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
increase
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2015, 10:25:21 PM »

what is the total price you are paying for this LON procedure?
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2015, 10:02:22 PM »

I have already stated the package price and technically speaking my legs are a 'bit' bowed!  I am now at the clinic with the other patients and one of them who I mentioned is having latn. I wish I knew about this before all my problems. I think maybe someone used someone as a Guinea pig?   Embarrassed
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2015, 10:50:53 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize one of the patients were undergoing LATN.  Do you know any of his/her information such as when they had their initial surgery, beginning height, how long theyve been lengthening, etc...?

So Dr. Barinov gives patients a choice between latn or lon? This is all news to me.

GrewTallerInKurgan
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2015, 04:05:18 AM »

deathorb -

Where are you from? You've got to realize you are not in a western hospital and shouldn't expect the same treatment or care. YOU traveled all the way to Russia because of the better price.

Russia shuts down Jan 1st-9th. Unlucky for you, the 9th was a friday so it was actually the 1st-12th.

To leave the hospital legally, you need to find someone that will register you. I don't know that area, but you should be able to find some postings about people renting flats. 0 I paid 300 RUB a night when I was in Russia. I had my own room and some girls shared the room next to me.

Anyway, good lucky. Soon this will all be a memory.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2015, 10:19:38 PM »

I believe he's from the UK.

deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 08:38:20 AM »

I have a number for someone who works at an agency. I should be able to get a place soon. Have a chest infection now. Going to hopefully be better after the weekend, and then Dr barinov can sort out that scree trying to come out of my leg!

By the way, I wanted to leave the hospital to go to the clinic or my own apartment, whilst the doctors said it is better for me to be there. I just didn't believe them!
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2015, 06:01:36 AM »

How is the progress?

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »

what is the total price you are paying for this LON procedure?

you pay 14 500 € for LON and it is the same for LATN.

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2015, 11:34:47 PM »

How is the progress?

Deathorb, come on man and answer the questions in your diary Smiley

He is at about 4 cm on one leg and 5.5 cm on the other.
He recently did an x-ray. We will see what the results are. He is walking very good. Lives in an apartment. No knee bending. A little ballerina foot on one leg. Overall he is doing well.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2015, 11:38:35 PM »

Wow, I didn't realize one of the patients were undergoing LATN.  Do you know any of his/her information such as when they had their initial surgery, beginning height, how long theyve been lengthening, etc...?

So Dr. Barinov gives patients a choice between latn or lon? This is all news to me.

He wants to keep these information for himself. We have to respect that.

Yes you can choose if your legs are not too bowed. If they are then you have to do LATN. I would recommend LON or LATN if you go over 5 or 6 cm.
Hope I answered it well for you Deathorb Wink

deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 04:17:50 PM »

Ok sorry about the lack of update. So I have figured out how to calibrate my measurements for my x ray because the nail is .8mm across. The nail is visible on the xray and serves as an excellent way of getting the correct scale. This is very handy if you want to analyse your own xray! My measurements agreed with the doctors at 5 cm for my right leg and 5.5 cm for my left!  I guess my right leg caught up in the last month!

I have found an apartment in accordance with my list. Big TV , large normal bed , sofa and good utilities. This costs 25000 rubles per month.  This was found by the lovely Katja at the clinic. Free of charge! I tried to give her money and she refused...

I have a terrible issue ATM with swollen feet, but I think it is improving. Swollen feet can give you nerve pain when laying down , which is solved by sitting up , to sleep of course. It is not advisable to be in a sitting position during the day due to lack of blood flow. After all, you want the swelling to go away if possible!

I am getting more confident with among people to call me a taxi to wherever I want to go, and me and the guys, all five of us, should be going out and about to the local attractions soon. Especially now the weather is better!

I will hopefully reach 7 cm in both legs within about a month or so. Then I will consolidate and go home!
I currently am taking it easy when it comes to turning, about .5 mm a day. Just for comfort and consolidation. The doctor said that I need more consolidation before I lengthen at full speed again.

P.S.  the full speed of 1 mm per day is pretty much a fantasy, even if you are only doing 5 cm.  You can do even over 1 mm per day at first easily, but as your skin and muscles tighten, you would be foolish to carry on at this speed. I  would say first month - 3 cm is possible but then take away a cm for the second month and even more on the third month. And that's without any big problems.

Peace☺

MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2015, 10:25:01 PM »

Do you have pain in your kneecaps from nail insertion?

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »

yes or no.  i have knee pain but is likely related to pins being closer to the knee. knee pain is slight anyway.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 05:23:26 PM »

Deathorb,

I'm so happy to hear most of your pain has gone away and that you were able to get an apartment.  Sounds like everything is going as planned.

It's also great that you've reached 5.5 cm!  I know you arrived in Volgograd around mid-november, but what was the date of your actual surgery? Just so we can get an idea of your progress. 

Tomorrowland
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »

hi Deathorb, I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience so far.   I am also considering going to Russia for the operation.   If you don't mind can you answer the following questions;

1.  What date was your surgery?

2.  How old are you roughly and what is your starting height and original goal(cm)?

3.  Once you stop lengthening, did the doctors say that you can remove the frames?

4.  Do they secure the nail after lengthening to lock your desired height so you can start weight bearing? (at least with crutches)

5.  After frame removal, how long do they estimate before you can walk without the need for aid? (crutches, walker)

6.  Where you considering getting femurs done eventually, or is this the only segment you plan to lengthen?

You don't have to answer any of these if you feel they are too personal.    These are just some thoughts that will help me plan my schedule before I take the "plunge" and begin my journey. 
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2015, 06:45:43 PM »

Deathorb,

One more question to the list. Since you were successful in moving to an apartment, how much of a discount were you able to receive from the quoted price of 12,500 euros or 14,500 euros with nail?   I understand the apartment you're in costs around 400 euro per month, but how much is that saving you in total?

deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2015, 06:56:08 PM »

I did my three months and now I have to pay my own way, so no discount.

I lengthen for however long and then wait a month or so for consolidation before having the lizarov removed.
I should be on one crutch for a month or two after this removal. And yes the nail is locked  place during removal. If you have any more piles of questions I can't be bothered to answer then either read my whole diary or search Google for 'lon mmt' or something similar. 

Or you can bother prince in his diary,  he might be willing to reply in a more polite and in  depth in manner. Bye!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.