MMT Community
December 17, 2018, 02:55:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Deathorb - External Tibias - Dr.Barinov - 2014 - LL in Volgograd  (Read 26201 times)
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2015, 11:04:52 PM »

Ok gotcha!  I was under the impression that you made a deal with Barinov to forego the 3 months stay in exchange for a discount!

By the way, your diary says you were in Russia on November 22, but it doesn't say the date you actually had the surgery.

Thanks for answering our questions!  Grin

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
Tomorrowland
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2015, 03:16:27 AM »

I did my three months and now I have to pay my own way, so no discount.

I lengthen for however long and then wait a month or so for consolidation before having the lizarov removed.
I should be on one crutch for a month or two after this removal. And yes the nail is locked  place during removal. If you have any more piles of questions I can't be bothered to answer then either read my whole diary or search Google for 'lon mmt' or something similar. 

Or you can bother prince in his diary,  he might be willing to reply in a more polite and in  depth in manner. Bye!

Thanks for your reply
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2015, 03:23:24 PM »

Sorry for being abrupt and not answering some previous questions. I don't think my diary is a good indication of how long you will spend here. This is due to me being a Guinea pig and having many issues with the nail being stuck. These have now been resolved, thanks to the doctors eventually sorting there act out and me enduring a lot of pain / bull cra*!   

Any way I am now at 6 cm both legs and cannot walk properly due to pain in my right leg. The issue has been posted in the general questions board if anyone can help.
I hopefully will be done in a month or so, just one cm to go, and then consolidation.

I get food delivered and Tanya is great for helping us patients get what we need. She is the helper who the clinic employ.
Hopefully other patients will spend between 4 and 6 months here for about 7 cm lengthening. Just remember that going above 7 is risky and do as many ballerina foot stretches as possible before coming here - be a leg yoga expert! This will make life easier beyond 5 cm.

Any more questions, I can answer in return for links to lon diaries, even on other sites.

srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2015, 08:24:04 PM »

Thanks for the update Deathorb, I'll remember to do leg training for ballerina foot before my session as I plan to lengthen from 173 to 180.

Keep staying strong Smiley

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #64 on: March 27, 2015, 11:54:09 PM »

Hey Deathrob, do you have any knee pain or aches from IM nail insertion?

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
deathorb
MMT Member

Credibility 6

let's look at why....

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2015, 09:21:58 PM »

You can get occasional knee pain from the pins (which with lon are higher up the leg) or from the operation for the nail. No real way to comment on this until frame removal. even then the best decider is to wait until nail removal in 1 year!

The knee thing is an issue however if permanent pain is a possibility. But if you just want to be taller then either go without nail or re think how bad you want it. I am not doing this just for height, and am hating this whole lack of sleep, being a cripple, being stuck in Russia thing! 

But knee pain is no issue for me right now!
KirP1
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2015, 09:30:19 PM »

does barinov do anything to aboit knee pain? like insertion of the nail by supraplatellar aproach?
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2015, 08:10:34 AM »

Any updates on Deathorb's procedure?

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2015, 04:11:23 PM »

Any updates on Deathorb's procedure?

He had not good bone formation. So he left Russia to consolidate at home. I think he will take off the frame in his country.
And as far as I know he is doing well.

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2015, 01:06:20 PM »

I'm in Volgograd now I met Prince2 and Deathorb and yes, all we know is that he left home with the apparatus and said he will get the frames removed at home. 
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »

Deathorb is doing well.  He keeps in contact with the girls he liked.  I was told he will have the frames removed soon
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »

That's great news!!
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2015, 05:32:04 PM »

Definitely have to make sure to keep ion contact with those girls you meet Cool
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »

So he underwent LON in December, finished lengthening in March/April and still has fixators in August? That timeline doesn't seem right. I thought the point of having a nail inserted was for consolidation purposes. It would nice to hear directly from him.

MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2015, 09:35:38 AM »

So he underwent LON in December, finished lengthening in March/April and still has fixators in August? That timeline doesn't seem right. I thought the point of having a nail inserted was for consolidation purposes. It would nice to hear directly from him.

It does sound about right for amount of lengthening he did. 8 months for his amount& the fact he did tibias seems right. I read nails used for LON are less strong than ones used for LATN. So it is slightly faster but nail itself can't take body load.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2015, 09:48:13 AM »

You did 10 cm in that timeframe. His last measurement only says 6cm.  I've never read anything that says 8 months is normal with a nail. All the Beijing diaries are 3-4 month timeframe for fixator removal.

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2015, 09:50:45 AM »

I will ask him to update his diary. But yes it is true that it did not turn out the way he planned. I remember when he came on his first day and he had consultation with Dr. Barinov. Then he came to me and said: I will do LON and I will be finished with lengthening after 80 days for 8 cm and I could be framefree after 3-4 months. And I said to him: I would double the time then maybe you have a realistic timeframe. And I would not do LON because I have not heard of anyone doing that here in the clinic. You could be the first guy. Just do LATN. He was really surprised I guess but did not change his mind.

Now 7-8 months after his operation he still wears his frames because of his poor regeneration. But I guess it could have happened to anyone of us. He walked a lot I remember. As you can see it is hard to plan your ll journey.

I am sure he will be fine in the end. It will just take a little longer...

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2015, 09:53:07 AM »

Good to hear from you Prince. It's been awhile Smiley I hope you're doing much better. You look awesome..I'm really proud of you!

prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 37

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2015, 10:01:34 AM »

Good to hear from you Prince. It's been awhile Smiley I hope you're doing much better. You look awesome..I'm really proud of you!

Good to hear from you too! I am doing good now. At least my walking looks like 95 % normal. But taking stairs downwards is still not easy but I hope I improve. Thank you very much Devil for you kind words! What about your plans for ll? Still planning for January 2016?

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2015, 10:04:58 AM »

Yes! I will be there right after the holidays Smiley I was really glad that LATN worked out for you. Definitely inspired me to push a little harder for Russia after I saw you were successful

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.