MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 05:35:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leg Lengthening is NOT an option for people suffering from depression.
LL is not appropriate for people with a history of depression or mental illness - if you're on antidepressants, close your browser now - this site is not for you. Sorry! Sad

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

The Make Me Taller (MMT) community forum provides free information about the only REAL way to become taller - elective leg lengthening (LL) surgery. This site contains detailed information, pictures, videos, diaries and personal accounts from people who have undergone cosmetic LL to become taller. We discuss the pros and cons of Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE and other methods. Please read our FAQs first before posting and enjoy your time here finding out how to become taller! Leg Lengthening is a serious endeavor, so do your research! You can also buy MMT's new book about LL called 'Inchworm' at Amazon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where would you draw "the divide" between short, average, tall, and really tall?  (Read 12845 times)
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« on: February 10, 2015, 06:35:04 AM »

It's something I've been thinking about. I'm 5'6", I consider myself short but not too short. My plan is to get to the 6'0" realm. But even if I reach 6'0" I don't think I'll ever feel "tall", just average. 6'0" is average IMO, thus I'll be average myself (IMO again). Some people I speak to tell me that 6'0" is tall. My suspicion is just that they don't think about height measurements as often as CLLer's and prospective CLLer's do (that's us!). I just can't see that being true. For women, yes that's tall, but for men....really? I've always thought that 6'0" was average for men, at least in the west.

So my question is very simple, how does everyone else categorize height ranges?

I look at it like this: 5'4" and lower= really short

5'5"- 5'8"= short

5'9"- 5'10"= teetering on the fence between short and average   

5'11"- 6'2"= average

6'3"- 6'5"= tall

6'6" and over= really tall

What do you guys think? Comments, opinions, expertise, theories, go for 'em....                                                                                                                               

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
Supduder
MMT Member

Credibility -35

Damnnnnnnn is a b**** who wants to blow everybody.

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 06:53:45 AM »

5'6 and below - short
5'7-5'8 - a bit short
5'9 - average, bordering short.
5'10 - average. nothing more, nothing less.
6'0 - 6'2 is tall.
Anything over 6'3 is really tall.

My karma is negative because the user Damnnnnnnn is a spiteful woman who negs my karma daily.
Rainy
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 08:35:28 AM »

On what planet 5'11"- 6'2"= average?

You guys are height sick.
srimech123
MMT Member

Credibility 6

Hi, nice to meet you!

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 11:13:07 AM »

Exactly 5'5 and less== really short
Above 5'5 to exactly 5'7 == short
Above 5'7 to exactly 5'9 == less than average
Above 5'9 to exactly 5'10 == Perfect average
Above 5'10 to less than 6' == more than average
Exactly 6' to exactly 6'3 == tall
Above 6'3 == really tall

Note: above 5'5 does mean stuff like 5'5 and a quarter/half/three quarters

173cm (5'8") tall at the moment, hoping to be at least 180cm (5'11") tall quite soon (or 6'1" at most).   Saving money for my first LL surgery!
Morpheus34
MMT Member

Credibility 5

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 08:41:05 PM »

Hi, i think it depends on the country where you live: in Asia, 1.75 is quite tall, but in Netherlands it's quite small.
Also depends on the age of the people you look at. People over 40 years are f.e. a little smaller than the younger generation.

Therefore, it's better to look at the percentiles of height in each country:

For example, 50 th percentile is average.
90 th percentile  and above is really tall
75 th and above percentile is tall
50-75 th percentile is above average
25- 50 th percentile is a little under average
10 th-25 th percentile is short
Under 10 th percentile is really short

But of course, you can vary the ranges above. You can ask yourself if you see ten men with different height, how many of them would you call tall/small/average?
The same for girls Grin

Greetings Morpheus
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 09:01:02 PM »

From a medical standpoint (in most of the Western world, especially America):

Under 5'5 is short (below 5th percentile)
5'5-5'7-low average (5th to 15th percentile)
5'7-5'11-normal (15th to 85th percentile
5'11-6'2-above average (85th to 95th percentile)
Above 6'2 is tall (above the 95th percentile)
Anything above 6'4 is extremely tall (above 99.7th percentile).

169 cm tall (5'7); ready to fight my way to 185 cm!
Rains
MMT Member

Credibility 1

Jailbreak Karma

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 10:09:52 PM »

I think 6'3 is average.
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 08:59:41 PM »

On what planet 5'11"- 6'2"= average?

You guys are height sick.
Yes, some people like the one who made this topic should be really height lunatics.

5.5 and less very short
5.5-5.7 normally short
5.7-5.11 average (5.7-5.9 a little less while 5.10-5.11 a little more than average)
5.11-6.1 tall
6.1+ very tall

Thats about the truth -+1 inch.
Everyone who thinks that 5.8 is short and 6.2 is average should visit a psychiatrist, not an LL surgeon.

live strong
ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 09:35:45 PM »

Yes, some people like the one who made this topic should be really height lunatics.

5.5 and less very short
5.5-5.7 normally short
5.7-5.11 average (5.7-5.9 a little less while 5.10-5.11 a little more than average)
5.11-6.1 tall
6.1+ very tall

Thats about the truth -+1 inch.
Everyone who thinks that 5.8 is short and 6.2 is average should visit a psychiatrist, not an LL surgeon.

Yeah, statistically, this is exactly how it is. 2 inches equal one standard deviation, so, statistically, 5'7-5'11 is normal/average, 5'5-5'7 shorter than average, 5'11-6'1 taller than average, etc. according to normal distribution.

Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 12:36:01 PM »

Average in my family for people born in the 80s and onward after that is at least 6'0" for the men and at least 5'10" for the women, so that's where I get my "average" judgments & calculations from. I'm like the only black sheep of the family.  Undecided Oh well, that's what CLL is for. I remember hearing about that one patient who came to Dr. Paley, he was from the Netherlands and he was 5'11", and he had height neurosis. Well, if you're from the Netherlands (the country that produced Dolph Lundgren for example), then 5'11" for a guy over there is comparable to a 5'8" guy in the US.

ReadRothbard
MMT Member

Credibility -23

WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 05:17:07 PM »

Average in my family for people born in the 80s and onward after that is at least 6'0" for the men and at least 5'10" for the women, so that's where I get my "average" judgments & calculations from. I'm like the only black sheep of the family.  Undecided Oh well, that's what CLL is for. I remember hearing about that one patient who came to Dr. Paley, he was from the Netherlands and he was 5'11", and he had height neurosis. Well, if you're from the Netherlands (the country that produced Dolph Lundgren for example), then 5'11" for a guy over there is comparable to a 5'8" guy in the US.

No, I'd say a 5'11 guy is like a 5'9 guy over here. Average height is about 181 cm over there, so 5'11 would be pretty much average like 5'9 would be in the USA.

Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2015, 06:14:57 PM »

No, I'd say a 5'11 guy is like a 5'9 guy over here. Average height is about 181 cm over there, so 5'11 would be pretty much average like 5'9 would be in the USA.

Yeah, 5'9" is probably closer. Btw, correction: Dolph Lundgren is from Sweden.

Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »

The average height of your family doesn't have anything to do with average height in general.
It is ridiculous to believe that average height for women is 5.10 and for men 6 ft !
Please try to stay close to reality, and don't become like the psycho from Netherlands who did LL at 5.11.

At your height it is completely normal to not feel satisfied with your height.
But it is not normal to believe that people are so tall as you mentioned.

live strong
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 11:18:02 AM »

The average height of your family doesn't have anything to do with average height in general.
It is ridiculous to believe that average height for women is 5.10 and for men 6 ft !
Please try to stay close to reality, and don't become like the psycho from Netherlands who did LL at 5.11.

At your height it is completely normal to not feel satisfied with your height.
But it is not normal to believe that people are so tall as you mentioned.

Oh, no, I didn't say that 5'10" is average for women and 6'0" is for men overall, I just said that in my family the younger generation seems to be like that. I know that the average for women in the US at least is 5'4" or so. But I always thought 6'0" for men is average, is it not? I mean c'mon, it's only 3 inches taller than 5'9". I dunno, I have my height (5'6") marked on a wall along with every other height going up until 6'2", and 6'0" seems like were the average man stands at. Maybe I am delusional LOL.

Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 01:25:18 PM »

Oh, no, I didn't say that 5'10" is average for women and 6'0" is for men overall, I just said that in my family the younger generation seems to be like that. I know that the average for women in the US at least is 5'4" or so. But I always thought 6'0" for men is average, is it not? I mean c'mon, it's only 3 inches taller than 5'9". I dunno, I have my height (5'6") marked on a wall along with every other height going up until 6'2", and 6'0" seems like were the average man stands at. Maybe I am delusional LOL.
If average is something more inches more than 5.9, then the same would happen with 3 inches less, so 5.6 would be average which it isn't.
Average is +- 2 inches from the average height, so if average height is 5.9, then average is anything from 5.7 to 5.11ft.

live strong
Lil.Juggernaut
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 02:35:16 PM »

It's all depends on which part country you are from. My country average height for male is 5'7 but then all my family members males cousins are over 5'9 highest 6'1 and i'm the only sucker with 5'5 Grin :'( So I would say average for me 5'10 or 5'9 yeahh that's a good place to be.

Height : 165cm
Wingspan : 173cm
Shoulder Width : 18. inches
Sitting Height : 85-86cm (I got a girly ass, small and flat)

dream height 175
Throw me to the wolves and I'll return leading the pack.
If gods on the left, then I'm sticking it to right.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.