MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 11:26:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Doctor Should I Pick? Do I have time to lengthen?  (Read 40912 times)
gtbnj
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2015, 07:50:27 PM »

Quote from: Jeffrey75 link=topic=7807. msg103498#msg103498 date=1425735763
Hi,

I have recently (September 2014) had LL of my femurs with the PRECISE2 implants in Cyprus.   The surgeon was Yasser Elbatrawy.   The cost of the overall procedure (surgery, accommodation and follow-up) was about 36,000 euros.  

About your 3 month time frame: It is very reasonable.   The lengthening should last roughly up to 2.  5 months the longest.   After that, you can go home, as there is no need for you to stay in Cyprus (of course you should make an X-ray every 2-3 months, but that can be arranged at your country of residence).   Given that you are young, eat well and exercise as instructed, you can probably go back to every day life on the fourth month, but obviously with care and caution.   You can probably claim you had some kind of accident, i.  e.   fell down off your bike or something like that and people will most probably believe it, since there is no major apparent change in your body and attitude (besides the height of course) and crutches usually are associated with mild injuries in the minds of others.   In the 5th to 6th month you will be probably able to walk normally, provided you were exercising in the meanwhile. 

In my case, lengthening lasted 2 months in Cyprus.   On the third month I flew back home and spent another month mostly indoors and walked using crutches (but I had already partially resumed normal life as I was going to the office by taxi).   After a follow-up X-ray in the middle of the fourth month, the doctor allowed me to walk freely.   So, I more-less went back to normal life, mainly in terms of walking (I still refrained from lifting weights or walk very long distances, but occasionally I did).   At 6 months (i.  e.   now) I am completely normal with very little small issues such as mild muscle aches and do everything normally (cycling, long distance walking and mild weight lifting).   The implants will be removed in the summer, which is roughly 1 year after the operation. 

Hope the above was informative.   Feel free to ask for more details on the procedure and follow-up.   But regarding your main concern, I think your time frame is good and most likely you will be able to go back to college after your summer break. 
That does sound nice, but my parents are adamant about me doing the procedure in my country (USA).  Do you live in Cyprus?
morethan167
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2015, 08:41:56 PM »

Hi guys, new member here.

Just exchanged first emails with Dr.  Guichet (can't reach Dr.  Betz. . . ), so I'm ready for my first consultation.

It seems that he prefers to do internal femurs and discourages tibial procedure :( I think that is bad for me since my femurs seem already bigger than tibias in my perspective.

Current height: 167cm
Goal: 175cm
Taco
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2015, 08:56:46 PM »

Quote from: morethan167 link=topic=7807. msg103504#msg103504 date=1425760916

Just exchanged first emails with Dr.   Guichet (can't reach Dr.   Betz.  .  .  ), so I'm ready for my first consultation. 

It seems that he prefers to do internal femurs and discourages tibial procedure :( I think that is bad for me since my femurs seem already bigger than tibias in my perspective. 

Go to a doctor that is happy to do tibia.  Doctors who discourage tibia are lazy or not competent in doing tibia because it involves two bones and requires more effort and skill.
You're paying so much money and doing so much.  You should get exactly what you want.  Don't get talked into doing femurs which won't satisfy you. 
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2015, 09:58:47 AM »

Just exchanged first emails with Dr.  Guichet (can't reach Dr.  Betz. . . ), so I'm ready for my first consultation.

It seems that he prefers to do internal femurs and discourages tibial procedure Sad I think that is bad for me since my femurs seem already bigger than tibias in my perspective.

Guichet is completely ignoring me... I have sent my completed form etc 2 weeks ago... My emails have been polite etc. if he is not interested in operating in me why doesn't he say so?

Anyone else had any similar problems with him?
Jeffrey75
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2015, 11:02:06 AM »

Quote from: gtbnj link=topic=7807. msg103503#msg103503 date=1425757827
That does sound nice, but my parents are adamant about me doing the procedure in my country (USA).   Do you live in Cyprus?

No, I don't live in Cyprus.  I stayed there exactly two months (September and October) for the lengthening phase and then flew back home.  I was lucky enough to rent a room at a Cypriot lady's place who also helped me out with cooking, shopping, walking around the house, etc. 
morethan167
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2015, 01:44:13 PM »

Quote from: BritGirl link=topic=7807. msg103511#msg103511 date=1425808727
Guichet is completely ignoring me. . .  I have sent my completed form etc 2 weeks ago. . .  My emails have been polite etc.  if he is not interested in operating in me why doesn't he say so?

Anyone else had any similar problems with him?

Did you tell him where and when do you want your consultation? I think we have to be as straightforward as possible.  Currently I'm filling my form (taking some time with some really personal questions :P )

BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2015, 03:02:41 PM »

Did you tell him where and when do you want your consultation? I think we have to be as straightforward as possible.  Currently I'm filling my form (taking some time with some really personal questions Tongue )

Yep we agreed London on the phone and he gave me some dates where he was available. It was supposed to be sometime between 13-20 March and I gave him 4/5 dates where I could make it. I am worried my application wasn't persuasive enough but then why doesn't he just say no? I sent him a message on watsapp - I can see he read it and ignored it. If it was any other doctor I would have said no way by now but it's because I am desperate to do it in London I have put up with this...
morethan167
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2015, 03:13:09 PM »

Quote from: BritGirl link=topic=7807. msg103516#msg103516 date=1425826961
Yep we agreed London on the phone and he gave me some dates where he was available.  It was supposed to be sometime between 13-20 March and I gave him 4/5 dates where I could make it.  I am worried my application wasn't persuasive enough but then why doesn't he just say no? I sent him a message on watsapp - I can see he read it and ignored it.  If it was any other doctor I would have said no way by now but it's because I am desperate to do it in London I have put up with this. . .

That is a strange behavior, but I don't think he actually make that kind of pre-decision just for reading your application.  And giving you a first consultation doesn't mean he must operate you. . .

gtbnj
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 04:48:56 PM »

Quote from: Taco link=topic=7807. msg103505#msg103505 date=1425761806
Go to a doctor that is happy to do tibia.   Doctors who discourage tibia are lazy or not competent in doing tibia because it involves two bones and requires more effort and skill. 
You're paying so much money and doing so much.   You should get exactly what you want.   Don't get talked into doing femurs which won't satisfy you.  
I don't think Guichet does tibial lengthening at all.
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2015, 08:09:14 PM »

Yep we agreed London on the phone and he gave me some dates where he was available. It was supposed to be sometime between 13-20 March and I gave him 4/5 dates where I could make it. I am worried my application wasn't persuasive enough but then why doesn't he just say no? I sent him a message on watsapp - I can see he read it and ignored it. If it was any other doctor I would have said no way by now but it's because I am desperate to do it in London I have put up with this...

Just be persistent. He's a very, very busy man. If you're very persistent, he'll be sure you're interested and motivated as well.

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Taco
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 08:16:37 PM »

Why be persistent? There are better doctors who are available for patients.  Dr.  Paley is the busy one and he doesn't ignore anyone.  I would cross out a doctor who requires persuasive applications for ego. 
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »

If a doctor ignores the patient and needs hundreds of messages to get in contact with him, then he is not a suitable doctor for a so important cosmetic surgery like LL, where the patient need full motivation and support from the doctor.

Maybe Guichet is a capable doctor, I don't disagree about it, but I've heard many times that he has a very strange character, so personally I would never consider doing LL with him.

live strong
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 09:18:17 PM »

Also, I am scared that if I was to do LL with him then he would similarly unresponsive during the lengthening and also during recovery... From what I understand LL is an emotionally tough journey and I would hope the support of my doctor would make the process easier (and less scary)...

At what point does persistence become harassment? LOL  Wink Is he really testing me? Isn't the fact that I made the application and arranged a consultation enough motivation...  Huh?

I have discussed this with my bf and the only way I can do is LL is if I do it in London. It is just not possible for me to disappear anywhere for 2 months (and probably more time is required!) So if it's not Guichet than I can't do LL for at least another year or until another doctor is doing it in London...

Taco
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 09:31:53 PM »

Quote from: BritGirl link=topic=7807. msg103525#msg103525 date=1425849497
Also, I am scared that if I was to do LL with him then he would similarly unresponsive during the lengthening and also during recovery. . .  From what I understand LL is an emotionally tough journey and I would hope the support of my doctor would make the process easier (and less scary). . . 

At what point does persistence become harassment? LOL  Wink Is he really testing me? Isn't the fact that I made the application and arranged a consultation enough motivation. . .   Huh?

I have discussed this with my bf and the only way I can do is LL is if I do it in London.  It is just not possible for me to disappear anywhere for 2 months (and probably more time is required!) So if it's not Guichet than I can't do LL for at least another year or until another doctor is doing it in London. . .

Don't persist or harass him.  He's clearly not interested in helping you.  You're not dating him.  If he's acting like a difficult date too good for you forget about him.  You already have a bf.  Having to send an application in itself is outrageous.

What does your bf think about your height? Why do you want to do this?
morethan167
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 10:04:15 PM »

I have the same problem with Betz, the guy is ignoring me for no reason.

Guichet answered me 2/3 days after my email and was very informative and polite, not trying to sell anything.

BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 11:37:34 PM »

Don't persist or harass him.  He's clearly not interested in helping you.  You're not dating him.  If he's acting like a difficult date too good for you forget about him.  You already have a bf.  Having to send an application in itself is outrageous.

What does your bf think about your height? Why do you want to do this?

My BF likes my height and doesn't want me to do LL but he will support me because I want to do this. Why do I want to do this? So I don't have to wear heels all the time...!
MiracleGrow
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 15

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 05:21:21 AM »

No, I don't live in Cyprus.  I stayed there exactly two months (September and October) for the lengthening phase and then flew back home.  I was lucky enough to rent a room at a Cypriot lady's place who also helped me out with cooking, shopping, walking around the house, etc. 

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Dr. Elbatrawy seems like a potentially great option for those looking for femoral lengthening on a budget, at least compared to what most other doctors charge for internals. How much did you gain on your tibae and femurs, and what sorts of complications did you face during and after lengthening?

“Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor.” -Alexis Carrel

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference." -Reinhold Niebuhr
Taco
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 08:13:44 PM »

My BF likes my height and doesn't want me to do LL but he will support me because I want to do this. Why do I want to do this? So I don't have to wear heels all the time...!

Heels are evil. They get you used to the artificial height so you think you need to be that height.

If you really want to be home when doing LL, there are some doctors who will allow you to go back home to do the lengthening after you have healed from the surgery, but it's not advisable.
BritGirl
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »

Heels are evil. They get you used to the artificial height so you think you need to be that height.

If you really want to be home when doing LL, there are some doctors who will allow you to go back home to do the lengthening after you have healed from the surgery, but it's not advisable.

I am 5ft and my bf is 6ft2... heels are necessary! I will send Guichet once last (pleading) email and if there is no response I don't know what I will do.

What LL have you done/ are you having done Taco?
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 08:52:41 PM »

I am 5ft and my bf is 6ft2... heels are necessary! I will send Guichet once last (pleading) email and if there is no response I don't know what I will do.

What LL have you done/ are you having done Taco?
Heels are not necessary and if you think they are, then you could have found a shorter boyfriend.
You just want to become taller and there is nothing bad about it, but nothing is necessary.

live strong
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.