MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:47:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Doctor Should I Pick? Do I have time to lengthen?  (Read 40911 times)
qwy
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2015, 07:06:03 PM »

Quote from: BritGirl link=topic=7807. msg103409#msg103409 date=1425315287
you need a minimum of 10 posts before you can create your own post

So I hope that it is okay for me to post my question here then, since I -like the original poster- need advice on choosing a doctor.  I have read many diaries and I have come to the conclusion that both the original creator of MMT and the current administrator SysOp are right, quality is more important than price, so I have decided not to go the cheap route in choosing a doctor.

Anyway, I believe that Dr.  Li and Dr.  Xia are the best option.  They aren't the most expensive, but I've been on each doctor that is recommended website and I think China gives you the most value for your money, because of the packages that they offers instead of just surgery.  But! They only limit you to a total of 4 inches, and this is where my question comes in.

Dr.  Salameh (who is also recommended) limits you at 5 inches, but he offers nothing even close to the package that china offers, but at the same time he operates in Frankfurt Germany, which is home to a few American military bases, so English is commonly spoken there as well as finding other American (I won't be as isolated as I would be in China).

Could some of the experienced members give me some advice on this matter.  I really want the extra inch, but I know the doctors in China are professionals and they wouldn't stop you at 4 inches without a good reason, but the doctor in Frankfurt, Germany is also a professional and he is willing to give you the extra inch.
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2015, 09:47:04 PM »

So I hope that it is okay for me to post my question here then, since I -like the original poster- need advice on choosing a doctor.  I have read many diaries and I have come to the conclusion that both the original creator of MMT and the current administrator SysOp are right, quality is more important than price, so I have decided not to go the cheap route in choosing a doctor.

Anyway, I believe that Dr.  Li and Dr.  Xia are the best option.  They aren't the most expensive, but I've been on each doctor that is recommended website and I think China gives you the most value for your money, because of the packages that they offers instead of just surgery.  But! They only limit you to a total of 4 inches, and this is where my question comes in.

Dr.  Salameh (who is also recommended) limits you at 5 inches, but he offers nothing even close to the package that china offers, but at the same time he operates in Frankfurt Germany, which is home to a few American military bases, so English is commonly spoken there as well as finding other American (I won't be as isolated as I would be in China).

Could some of the experienced members give me some advice on this matter.  I really want the extra inch, but I know the doctors in China are professionals and they wouldn't stop you at 4 inches without a good reason, but the doctor in Frankfurt, Germany is also a professional and he is willing to give you the extra inch.

Don't mean to discourage you but lengthening is painful more so than u can imagine.  I originally wanted 3 inches here in US.  My doc said 2.5 inches.  As I am lengthening, I'd be happy at 2 at this point.  Lengthening 4 to 5 inches may be riskier than u'd think although it's been done before.  I did notice in the diaries that 2.5 to 3 inches is where people begin doubt to continue or to stop.  Lengthening 4 to 5 inches on one operation will undoubtedly be hard.
qwy
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2015, 08:35:36 AM »

Quote from: siguy745 link=topic=7807. msg104061#msg104061 date=1428788824
Don't mean to discourage you but lengthening is painful more so than u can imagine.   I originally wanted 3 inches here in US.   My doc said 2. 5 inches.   As I am lengthening, I'd be happy at 2 at this point.   Lengthening 4 to 5 inches may be riskier than u'd think although it's been done before.   I did notice in the diaries that 2. 5 to 3 inches is where people begin doubt to continue or to stop.   Lengthening 4 to 5 inches on one operation will undoubtedly be hard.

Yes, I have considered that, which is why I am asking for advice, though my question is geared more toward safety than pain.  I know there will be discomfort and pain, because not only is it written about in the dairies, but it's also mentioned on Dr.  Li and Dr.  Xia's website.
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2015, 05:47:12 PM »

In that case, hope u find ur answer soon!
qwy
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #84 on: April 13, 2015, 04:56:18 AM »

Quote from: siguy745 link=topic=7807. msg104076#msg104076 date=1428860832
In that case, hope u find ur answer soon!

I'm curious, who is your doctor? Because to be fair, I haven't read every journal or every one on here who had the surgery, just the dairies of the patients from the doctors whom, I am considering.  You seem to be in extreme pain, and that something none of the diaries I've read so far, mentioned unless there was a problem or unless the pain pills they gave you wasn't strong enough.  You said you were in the states, so I'm curious, because all the diaries I've read so far have been from other countries.
siguy745
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2015, 05:06:04 PM »

I'm curious, who is your doctor? Because to be fair, I haven't read every journal or every one on here who had the surgery, just the dairies of the patients from the doctors whom, I am considering.  You seem to be in extreme pain, and that something none of the diaries I've read so far, mentioned unless there was a problem or unless the pain pills they gave you wasn't strong enough.  You said you were in the states, so I'm curious, because all the diaries I've read so far have been from other countries.

Well, first off, if you read some of the diaries, they certainly do mention extreme pains that they go through.  Some verbalize it more than the others.  For example, if u read Alfon's diary, he is fair in describing his pain and probably one of the best diaries here.  He doesn't complain as much but the pain is there if you read it.  If u read rtaller diary, he talks about pain constantly.  Some talks about it more than others.  I have average threadhold for pain but I didn't anticipate the pain to be this great so I commmented that the pain is great.  Having said that however, the pain level has decreased with disappearnace of minor problems and now I am doing actually not so bad. This is my week 8 and I have a few weeks to go.
My doctor is Dr. Rozbruch in NY and he is very very smart.  I am happy with him so far even though he is very expensive.  Once I complete my journey, I'll have a better idea whether I regret doing this procedure or whether I had an excellent doctor.  I don't want to committe to writing a diary since I am not sure whether I will follow up however once I am ready, I will post my experience and tips for the future llers. 
But one thing for sure is that pain is great and that is a fact.  I take half a norco in the morning and half at night. 
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2015, 01:04:53 AM »

Yes, I have considered that, which is why I am asking for advice, though my question is geared more toward safety than pain.  I know there will be discomfort and pain, because not only is it written about in the dairies, but it's also mentioned on Dr.  Li and Dr.  Xia's website.
4 inches added may cause you serious problems in your life after LL, you will never be fully functional and for sure you will look out of proportions.
5 inches is a joke, you'll have serious kinetic problems and maybe you won't be able to even walk.
Of course, no respectful doctor will let you lengthen more than 3 or just a little more which is again more that safe zone.
I'm talking about one surgery. With surgeries on both segments you can easily lengthen 5 inches, even 6 if everything goes fine.

Pain is not that much for many patients (I had almost no pain during my LL journey) and it is something that you should not think much, because it will last only for some days/months. However, problems that will occure due to excessive lengthening will follow you in your whole life, so be realistic with your expectations.

live strong
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2015, 08:23:10 PM »

4 inches added may cause you serious problems in your life after LL, you will never be fully functional and for sure you will look out of proportions.
5 inches is a joke, you'll have serious kinetic problems and maybe you won't be able to even walk.
Of course, no respectful doctor will let you lengthen more than 3 or just a little more which is again more that safe zone.
I'm talking about one surgery. With surgeries on both segments you can easily lengthen 5 inches, even 6 if everything goes fine.

Pain is not that much for many patients (I had almost no pain during my LL journey) and it is something that you should not think much, because it will last only for some days/months. However, problems that will occure due to excessive lengthening will follow you in your whole life, so be realistic with your expectations.

What if he does 2 surgeries? One on tibias and one on femurs

I am 160 cm tall and I wanted to be 173 atleast. I thought with 2 surgeries I would be okey, or am I wrong?
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2015, 12:22:59 AM »

What if he does 2 surgeries? One on tibias and one on femurs

I am 160 cm tall and I wanted to be 173 atleast. I thought with 2 surgeries I would be okey, or am I wrong?
I already answered you. Read more careful.

Yes, with 2 surgeries you can add 5 inches without much risks. 6cm in tibias and 7 in femurs would be fine and probably risk free.

live strong
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2015, 10:16:50 PM »

I already answered you. Read more careful.

Yes, with 2 surgeries you can add 5 inches without much risks. 6cm in tibias and 7 in femurs would be fine and probably risk free.
Ty
qwy
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2015, 04:50:18 PM »

Quote from: Body Builder link=topic=7807. msg104146#msg104146 date=1429146293
I'm talking about one surgery.  With surgeries on both segments you can easily lengthen 5 inches, even 6 if everything goes fine.

Pain is not that much for many patients (I had almost no pain during my LL journey) and it is something that you should not think much, because it will last only for some days/months.  However, problems that will occure due to excessive lengthening will follow you in your whole life, so be realistic with your expectations.

Thank you Body builder, this is the type of answer I was looking for.  If both doctors are recommended by this site as being trustworthy, then why do they say they will lengthen up to 4 or 5 inches on their sites, if it is not safe? Both claim to have done many surgeries
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2015, 12:47:18 AM »

Thank you Body builder, this is the type of answer I was looking for.  If both doctors are recommended by this site as being trustworthy, then why do they say they will lengthen up to 4 or 5 inches on their sites, if it is not safe? Both claim to have done many surgeries
I don't know, but noone here on this forum lengthened 5inches and only a few 4 inches (and almost all of them in femurs, in tibias you must be very very lucky to lengthen that much without permanent problems).

Maybe these doctors say that they could lengthen that much if the patient is ideal for that (very flexible, already tall etc).
My doctor, who insisted not surpass the 6.5cm, has done once a 10cm lengthening in a girls tibias which had excellent flexibility and their tendons-muscles could stretch easily. Even in that case he mentioned that the biomechanical change was way too much and could cause much problems on back, loss of athletic abilities etc, but the rom of her ankles and knees were almost normal even after 10cm and thats why he let her lengthen so much, even though he thought it wasn't wise, because she was a height lunatic and her body adapted well, so she wouldn't have stopped eitherwise.

But that doesn't mean that 4 inches are a safe amount for anyone.
For the majority it would have been catastrophic.

live strong
Body Builder
LL Veteran
MMT Adviser

Credibility 121

« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2015, 12:48:47 AM »

I don't know, but noone here on this forum lengthened 5inches and only a few 4 inches (and almost all of them in femurs, in tibias you must be very very lucky to lengthen that much without permanent problems).

Maybe these doctors say that they could lengthen that much if the patient is ideal for that (very flexible, already tall etc).
My doctor, who insisted not surpass the 6.5cm, has done once a 10cm lengthening in a girls tibias which had excellent flexibility and their tendons-muscles could stretch easily. Even in that case he mentioned that the biomechanical change was way too much and could cause much problems on back, loss of athletic abilities etc, but the rom of her ankles and knees were almost normal even after 10cm and thats why he let her lengthen so much, even though he thought it wasn't wise, because she was a height lunatic and her body adapted well, so she wouldn't have stopped eitherwise.

5 inches isn't even worth mentioning. It is a sad joke.

live strong
qwy
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2015, 04:47:09 PM »

Quote from: Body Builder link=topic=7807. msg104254#msg104254 date=1429750127

My doctor, who insisted not surpass the 6. 5cm, has done once a 10cm lengthening in a girls tibias which had excellent flexibility and their tendons-muscles could stretch easily.  Even in that case he mentioned that the biomechanical change was way too much and could cause much problems on back, loss of athletic abilities etc, but the rom of her ankles and knees were almost normal even after 10cm and thats why he let her lengthen so much, even though he thought it wasn't wise, because she was a height lunatic and her body adapted well, so she wouldn't have stopped eitherwise.

5 inches isn't even worth mentioning.  It is a sad joke.

Again, thank you for your help.  I am curious about this.  Do anyone know how I can post this question?
alexander63
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #94 on: May 27, 2015, 05:33:40 PM »

hello everyone

I would like to be six centimeters taller.  Which doctor is good? I live in Eastern Europe.
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2015, 03:24:11 AM »

I had dreams like that too but I got over them. Stick to 3 and a half inches maximum, and I'm talking about femurs only for that. Too much lengthening will make you look like slenderman.

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
wish177
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2015, 04:24:46 PM »

I had dreams like that too but I got over them. Stick to 3 and a half inches maximum, and I'm talking about femurs only for that. Too much lengthening will make you look like slenderman.
Screw that, I wanna go 13-14 cm with 2 operations, and I am only 160cm tall, and 20 years old.
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2015, 05:47:07 PM »

Screw that, I wanna go 13-14 cm with 2 operations, and I am only 160cm tall, and 20 years old.

Yeah, I meant in one operation you can't do that much, but in two, yes. I'm about 5'6" and a year older than you, feel your pain.

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
gtbnj
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2015, 03:26:04 AM »

So I'm the topic creator and I'm having my procedure done with Paley in 3 days. I just found out if I mention to him that I'm a member of this forum I get a $5,000 discount. I've been a member since February and I consulted with him in May but I don't think I ever brought it up... is it too late for that? Anyway I'll probably start a diary but I have a tendency to not follow through with things so I don't really know how far I'll take it, so there are no promises that it'll last till the end.
PotentialLLCandidateUK
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2016, 10:21:41 PM »

Quote from: wish177 link=topic=7807. msg103818#msg103818 date=1427406511
Are you a very hairy person?

Hi - sorry to cut across but why do you ask this? Is this linked to being short?

I have not heard this in my research but would ring true with me. . .  I am much more hairy than my father and much shorter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.