MMT Community
February 22, 2019, 10:38:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: growsoon - External Tibias - Dr. Salameh - 2015  (Read 47245 times)
increase
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« on: June 07, 2015, 03:47:22 PM »

growsoon requested to make a new topic about your surgery with Dr Salameh.
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 07:24:52 PM »

I had a surgery with Dr.  Salameh and assisted with Dr.  Schmidt on May 22.  Before 4 months, I email to Dr.  Salameh to ask the surgery.  I should know MMT community, earlier, I can become taller earlier.  I wish I can do surgery when I was 18.

I choose Dr.  Salameh compared to other doctors.  He is reputation doctor, he is nice and patient.  His frame is small and can hide to dress slacks.  Just only one surgery, no extra surgery. 
I paid deposit 5000 Euro to book my surgery date.  I come Frankfurt on May 16.

My age:30+

My physical condition: Before surgery 3 months, I went to gym at least one hour every day.  I did a lot of train including furmur weight.  I think it is help a lot after surgery. 

Fee: 25000 euro including hospital stay 5 days, physical therapy, X-ray, take off the frame, not including living expense, food

Living and food: Dr schmidt arrage guest house for me.  It is around 31 euro dollars per day.  My room is biggest.  It depends on room: one small room is 25 dollars.  My landloard lives 2F.  She helps me to clean the room, kitchen, bathroom.  Wash my clothes, but not cooking food.  It helps me a lot.  I order some food from "REWE".  I use google translate Germany to English.  I cook by myself after when I leave hospital. 

Before surgery, I took X-ray for my External Tibias.  He said is pretty good.  Also do finger blood test, he said is good.

1st date
I stay the hospital before surgery date, just make sure everything is prepared for the surgery in the morning.  Did general anesthesia because surgery is 4 hours.  Finishing around 12-1 o'clock. 
After surgery around 4-5 pm, one doctor came to visit ask me: do I feel pain? I say "No".  She is so surprise, touched my soles of the feet and asked me "do you feel my touch?" I said " of course"
The first date I just feel my legs are so weak and have bleed.  But nurses helps me to take care of my bleed and help me to use wheelchair bathroom.  The first date is hardest one, my sleep probably I sleep too much in the morning and afternoon.  At night, I sleep around 4 AM, waking up 6 AM.

2nd date
My feet is swelling, Dr.  Salameh and Dr.  Schmidt came to visit me, Dr.  Salameh told me: I don't exercise.  he taught me how to exercise.  The physical therapy helps me use walker to walk 10 meters.  He say I walk pretty good.  I can go to bathroom but I need someone to help me.  Walking is some pain, pain level: 2 out of 10. 

3rd date
It is better, I exercise and study all the time. 

4nd date
Sometimes I can stand up and go to bathroom without aid.  The nurse told me: I need more muscle. 

5nd date
I leave the hospital and Dr.  Schmidt drove me to guest house.  I can go to bathroom without aid. 

8 date
I start to limb length: 4 times*0. 2=0. 8 mm.  every 6 hours limb length one time

After leaving hospital, I don't eat pain killer.  I feel no pain.  But it depends on people, my condition is good.  Some people have pain and hard to walk within 2 weeks.  I come Frankfurt alone and cook and go to bathroom no problem after leave the hospital.  I use walker, not crutches.  I am still scare for my balance.  I did a lot of exercise and also study.   
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 11:51:51 PM »

16 date: At night, I feel some pain.  Pain level: 3 out of 10.  I eat some pain killer and hope help me to sleep well.  At night, I almost wake up every 2 hours, I go to restroom. 
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2015, 04:18:33 AM »

23 days after surgery,15 days after limb lengthen

Yesterday, it is my first time I don't wake up.  I sleep from 11:30 to 5:30.  I feel so good and have energy in the morning without eating any painkiller.  I just eat one time pain killer after leaving hospital.  Most time, it is no pain or pretty low pain.  The physcial therapy comes 3 times a week.  Every time around 30 minutes.  She gives me message and teach me how to walk and try to go down stair.  The stair is terrible and scare me. 
increase
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 12:43:22 PM »

hi growsoon,
you have idea how much u will spend throughout the procedure with DR Salameh?
and how many cm vc will stretch until the end of the process?
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 01:23:03 PM »

Hello increase: I think $25000 euro for surgery, X-ray, physical therapy and hospital stay 5 days, take off the frame.  Apaprtment around $800-930 euro per month depending on room size.  If you cook by yourself, you probably spend $50 euro per weeks.  But if you eat outside every day like food deliver, probably each meal around 10-15 euro.  So food is variable.  I think it best to say around 1400-2500 euro per month for staying in Konigstein, Germany.  My goal is 7-8 cm.  It is around 4 months to limb length.  But I will back to U. S in the end of July.  I spend some time to exercise every day at least 2 hours.   
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 02:33:13 PM »

I say wrong.  For living expense and food: around 1100-1800 euro per month, not 1400-2500 euro per month.  But when I am in the hospital, I worry about I can't cook and go to the bathroom by myself after discharging from hospital.  I am glad I can do all by myself after discharging the hospital.  If I can't do by myself, I probably need to hire people to help me.  It is probably pretty expensive.  It is best for your family or girl friend can come with you.  Make sure you can handle cook and go to bathroom by yourself.  Your friend or family can go home.  But Dr.  Schmidt told me most people don't tell their family and friends, including me.   
a000tt
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 06:25:09 PM »

I can do this one after 3 days surgery
video
https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=C0LWgD-qbmA&feature=youtu. be
a000tt
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »

sorry, I post wrong topics
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 09:27:33 AM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2015, 05:58:56 AM »

http://s356.photobucket.com/user/growsoon/library/?view=recent&page=1
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2015, 06:05:38 AM »

30 days after surgery

When I walk two days ago, my right knee bend and can't straight. My roommate taught me put something in heel, let your feet left, it will stretch your knee (See the picture 5/20/2015). It improves my right knee bend. I will do it every 2-3 hours per day to improve my knee bend. I think my lengthen is around 2 cm now. I will take X-ray next week and will post it.
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2015, 06:17:13 AM »

growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 09:45:09 PM »

39 days after surgery, 32 days after limb lengthen

After 3 weeks 0.8 mm 4 turns per day, my height increase 1.8 cm. I change to 7 hours per turn but today Dr. Salameh came to see me and told me my ballerina feet is pretty bad and muscle is so tight. He told me need to walk. My two roommate did external Tibias with other doctors My roommate suggestion me to tight feet so always 90 degree to leg and use incline to get rid of ballerina feet. I try to do it. My rod is short, at most I can just lengthen 6.5 cm. If I just LL 6.5 cm, I will pretty upset. I told Dr. Salameh, he will come back the end of July to see my condition. If my condition is ok, he will change my rod for me. I will leave German July 29. I really hope he can change the rod for me. Otherwise, I really feel upset and not worth to do surgery. I will reduce 8 hours per turn, 3 turns a day. It is 0.6 mm per day. I try to do much stretch and walk as I can. I start to use Exogen 4000. I think my height increase 2.5 cm now.

Pain level: few pain, I still don't take pain killer
Sleep: Most time at night I wake up every 2-3 hours, and sleep again. I sleep at morning and afternoon. I sleep at least 8 hours per day.
Food: I eat a lot of yogurt, one egg every day, fish, fruit and fish oil, vitamin D
theuprising
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 05:10:34 AM »

Hello what was your original height?
theuprising
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 05:45:19 AM »

I want to ask about exogen 4000. Do the doctors give it to you for free or did you have to pay for it separately? How often are you to use the machine?

Thanks
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 06:52:47 AM »

Hello theuprising:
My original height is 153cm. I hope I can do 8-10 cm.
I bought second hand Exogen 4000 in Ebay from US: $150

Ballerina Foot improves, probably 5 degree in these two days.
I put my feet in the hot water. It is relax. Physical Therapy is helpful. I do a lot of stretch. Always tight bandage your feet and leg 90 degree, even walk. (It is most important. But if I tight too much, it is hard to sleep for me.) I walk and don't dress shoes. Also try these website
http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,2693.20.html
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 06:54:14 AM »

I ask Dr. Salameh. He told me use Exogen 4000 1 time per day. Every time 20 mins  per leg
theuprising
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 01:47:59 PM »

Hello growsoon how is your progress going. Is the ballerina foot still improving?

How many times a week are you having a Physiotherapist come to help you? How long
do they work with you? It can make a big difference to recovery having a good PT.

Are you feeling better about hitting 8cm?

growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 04:35:50 PM »

My ballerina foot improves a lot, almost gone. I did hot water 3 times a day. Tight feet and leg 90 degree all the time. It will improves a lot.

Physical Therapy 3 times a week. One time is around 30 minutes
I think hit 8 cm is not problem. I think I am 3 cm taller, almost no ballerina foot and knee bend problem.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.