MMT Community
September 21, 2017, 11:07:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: growsoon - External Tibias - Dr. Salameh - 2015  (Read 27427 times)
egmedo2101
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2016, 05:36:30 PM »

So how are you doing so far? Do you still walk using crutches??
I really woundering why you almost 2 years from surgery and still not fully healed??
Is your doctor giving you any explanation? Do you believe that the GR make things worth about healing??
I saw some patient walk normally or at least with no Aid just 6 to 7 months if they lengthened 6. 5 cm so i am really worried if the GR is the reason to make you take all that time . 
My surgeon gave me the option to take off the frame and put the rod insides the bone to make sure we lock the bone height and safety but i am really confused :(
That frame make my life too hard and that foot frame arround my feet make it too hard for me to walk now .  I think that i will take that option to take that frame off and put the nail i am just so worry about my knee
Wish you all the best and hope that you return back to normal life now
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2016, 12:49:01 PM »

I am ok. I don't use crutches anymore from August. I think recovery is dependent person and physical therapy. If you do a lot of physical therapy and walk, you will recover faster. I am quite lazy. My surgery is May 22 last year. It is around 16 months from my surgery now. Tendon lengthen surgery is worth for me since I have bad BF and twisted feet. Dr. Salameh frame is not brother me too much. I need to pay attention to infection , and no water touch the pins. Dr. Salameh told me I can remove my frame now. But my Taiwan orthopedist said I can remove in Nov. I will wait longer to make sure my bone consolidate. I don't know when you can remove feet frame. When I had feet frame, I still can walk just uncomfortable. You should still do a lot of physical therapy or bicycle to protect your muscle become weak. You should ask your doctor when you can remove your feet frame. Good luck Cheesy   
egmedo2101
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #142 on: September 27, 2016, 07:33:47 PM »

Thanks a lot bro i wish you all good luck and that you pretty soon take off your frame and enjoy that feelings of being tall good looking guy Wink
Yesterday i went to bathroom and i used the walker and i was surprised as i was able to walk and my heels on the floor after that lengthening its really amazing;) , i even jump in the tub and wash up and let the water go throw the frame which i think it is very important so I understand your concern for infection but i think it's very important to wash it up using the antibacterial soap and then after shower do the pin care if you suspect infection.
The good news for me is that i feel really really better for my feet and i think that I don't have bf now so i am going to my doctor tomorrow and hopefully will hear a good news . 
I really can't describe to you how bad were that days right after this surgery special that electric like feelings which was a really scary for me and the most bad feeling  I ever had in my life .
So times i feel its not really worth all that pain that i gone through but to be honest yesterday when i stand up inside the bathroom and feel my new height it was amazing i think i will need some times for my brain to accept and believe that i feel a little weird Wink
Hopefully tomorrow i get a date for taking off that frame and i will keep u update about my case.
Thank you
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2016, 02:51:25 PM »

@egmedo2101: I am glad to hear your news. If your doctor allow you to walk, please keep walking. It will help your muscle and recovery. If you have extra money, when your feet frame took off. Your feet joints are tight since you have feet frame for a while. Physical therapy will help you to loose your feet joint. I am sorry to hear you have electrical pain to your feet. I don't had this experience when I had feet frame. After you are recovery, you will forget the pain. When I had bad bf and twisted feet, I regret to do LL surgery. After I don't use crutches, I feet it is worth to do LL surgery.  Smiley
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »

Hi friends: I just removed my frames in Taiwan two days ago. Dr. Salameh told me: it is good to uses crutches for 1 month. The surgery is around 45 minutes. My right leg has a little distortion. Dr. Salameh told me: I come back to Germany. I just don't have time now. I will go back to school soon. When I have a vacation, I will fix it.

This is my last X-ray before removing frames

growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2016, 09:41:46 AM »

My roommate told me: he finished his LL 8 cm and don't have ballerina feet and a little knee bend. He did a lot of exercise and stretch. After 4.X cm, he feels tight: his LL 0.2 mm per day (ask your doctor to avoid consolidate)? His LL is from the end of March to early December, almost 9 months. I would recommend future LLer: lengthen slowly: 0.4 mm or 0.3 mm or 0.2 mm especially after 5 cm, unless you don't have ballerina feet. Do a lot of stretch and walk. If you have ballerina feet or knee bend, please stop LL (ask your doctor) for 1 weeks or 2 weeks to fight ballerina feet.     
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2016, 12:14:57 PM »

Hi Growsoon!

The X-rays look very promising, the consolidation has gone very well!

How is your daily activity? Any problems, going up the stairs etc...

Have a good one!
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #147 on: December 25, 2016, 02:37:13 AM »

Hi Arch: My right feet has a problem. You can see my X-ray. The axis is not straight. I probably need one more surgery to correct it. I can walk no pain. But if I walk too long, my right feet has pain, because the right feet is not balance. I didn't walk for 3-4 months. I lost my femur and Tibias muscle. I need to do more exercise to build my legs muscles. People still can judge my legs have problems. I still need to hold to go down stair. My walk pace is 90% normal people. My Life is gradual back to normal. But I don't regret to do the surgery.   
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #148 on: December 29, 2016, 10:09:14 PM »

Hi friends: I just removed my frames in Taiwan two days ago. Dr. Salameh told me: it is good to uses crutches for 1 month. The surgery is around 45 minutes. My right feet has a little club feet. Dr. Salameh told me: I come back to Germany and he will help me to fix it. I just don't have time now. I will go back to school soon. When I have a vacation, I will fix it.

This is my last X-ray before removing frames

growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2016, 10:19:59 PM »

I said wrong. From X-ray, my legs are straight and no problem. The problem is my right feet: a little club feet. It is not serious. My mother told me after remove frames, it looks improving a little. I still use crutches for safety. When I don't use crutches next month, I will see.     
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2017, 08:38:08 AM »

Hi friends: I went back to Frankfurt to correct my right feet. I had a surgery on 5/10 (Wed) in Dr. Schmidt office. Dr. Salameh uses his Salameh fix #2 to help me for correct my feet. He told me wait 1.5 months to remove it and do tendon transfer. Dr. Salameh told me: his frame can correct feet deformity and BF. On first day after the surgery, it is very painful (8/10). After Dr. Schmidt gave me tramadol injection. It is much better. The second is ok (4/10). I can use my left leg to walk. It is much better condition.

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2017, 03:37:21 PM »

Hi Growsoon,

I expected you were long finished with this, but seems like you are still handling complications.
Everything is going to be fine, you are in good hands, the less complications now, the less you'll have in the future.

But aren't you getting tired of this after almost 2 full years in frames?

Have a good one!
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2017, 09:08:38 PM »

Hi Arch: I am really tired for 2 years. I still can't go back to my pre-surgery life. I can not go to work. It takes too long Sad
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2017, 09:19:57 PM »

Hi Growsoon!

Thanks for the reply,

How long will you be on the frames?
Hopefully not long, but ofc as long as it needs for your own safety!

I assume this is the last correction and once this is finished you should be for the clear?
Your tibias has healed all the way by now so I suppose your finished after this correction?

Have a good night
growsoon
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2017, 01:14:38 AM »

Hi Arch: It is about 6 weeks for frame. I did feet correction. Dr. Salameh told me when I take off frame, he also perform tendon transfer surgery at the same time. He told me on muscle is tight. I also need to use leg brace and crutches like 2 more months. I hope it is my last surgery and I can recovery my feet and get off crutches on Sep
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.