MMT Community
December 12, 2018, 11:36:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Female patient lengthening with Dr Jamal in Kiev  (Read 10678 times)
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2015, 12:55:48 PM »

It's more the muscles, but only when you stand up after a while. If you sit down for more than an hour, when you get up, it hurts like a screamer. After you stand up for a while, the pain mostly subsides and it's quite easy to move about on a walker or crutches. In fact, in the house I don't use anything. I'm watching Inglorious Bastards just now XD

Thanks for answer. Have you seen new Minions or any Despicable Me movie? If you are into animated stuff plenty of laugh guaranteed Cheesy

I already re-watched all seasons of Dexter, AHS, 3 seasons of Vampire Diaries and 3 seasons of Bones(starting around where I stopped to watch). I saw also great amount of old movies that I like and quite a few new ones(past 2011) and I think world cinema is really going down. Blockbusters worth nothing earns hundreds of millions while really nice movie is rated at 58%???

I really miss 90's and some good independent films. There is quite good amount of good French independent films and TV series but it's almost impossible to find them in English.
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

Perhaps angels have no names; only beautiful faces

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2015, 01:09:06 PM »

I found the best free online movie streaming link for everyone here! www.yify.tv - thank me l8r! ilizarovgirl, if you wanna good movie that feels more like the oldies, try "The Age of Adaline". x

“It’s a funny thing coming home.  Nothing changes.  Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same.  You realize what’s changed, is you. ”

― Eric Roth
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »

Helloo everyone!

I have a slight problem here. I did not lengthen for two weeks just to take a break, but it seems i might have bone fusion. This means I might need another osteotomy surgery. We are trying to bypass this by lengthening 7mm now. Had anyone else had this issue of the bone regeneration being too fast?

“It’s a funny thing coming home.  Nothing changes.  Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same.  You realize what’s changed, is you. ”

― Eric Roth
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2015, 07:30:08 PM »

Helloo everyone!

I have a slight problem here. I did not lengthen for two weeks just to take a break, but it seems i might have bone fusion. This means I might need another osteotomy surgery. We are trying to bypass this by lengthening 7mm now. Had anyone else had this issue of the bone regeneration being too fast?

Whaaat,  do you mean 7mm per day?? If you do, I am not sure what your Doctor is trying to do or to achieve but it looks like some totally UNSAFE practices

It's okay to have a day or two break but 2 weeks seem to a bit too much Huh? I understand you want to avoid problems with stretching etc but you probably have bone fusion if it is so fast in your case Sad

Yep, bone fusion is possible before lengthening is finished(and you stopped to click for 2 weeks-I am not sure single patient stopped to click or turn for so long during distraction phase) but its your Doctors responsibility to make sure it won't happen. I guess you started to feel muscles stiffness etc because soft tissue wasn't regenerating as fast as bones. But its LL and it happens. You need to stay strong, suffer but you have to keep going. Sad Will you be charged extra for surgery to perform osteotomy?
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 07:38:32 PM »

Don't take me wrong. I know you want to stay active and flexible to avoid future problems(I had one so I understand). I read many patients diaries and once you get bone fusion re-breaking it is the only way to carry on with lengthening so I am concerned about this '7mm lengthening'...

However maybe there are other LL patients/Veterans who heard of such thing???
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2015, 08:44:48 PM »

Helloo everyone!

Taking a break of a week or even two is not that uncommon to give the muscles a break and let the stretch calm down. But for someone with fast bone regeneration like you it seems to be a somewhat odd measure to take. Did you decide that on your own or agree on it with Dr. Jamal?

And: Dr. Jamal will not lengthen 7mm in one day, believe me  Wink

I did Internal Femurs with Dr. Jamal in Kiev in 2013.

Starting height: 165,5cm (5'5") Lengthened: 7,5 cm.
Due to long-term complications with bone healing/non-union causing nail breakages I lost some of the gained height in both legs. Final lengthening: probably a little more than 6cm.
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2015, 09:40:27 PM »

It was my decision to take a 2 week break to improve my flexibility and relax the muscles. When we saw that the bone regeneration was so fast and a bone fusion was possible, we ended up lengthening much more than usual. I am not sure if it was as much as 7mm. I think 4 or 5mm is more likely. I just really hope i dont need to have another osteotomy. Bone fusion within 2 weeks just seems so fast. Ridiculously so...

― Eric Roth
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2015, 09:44:53 PM »

Ilizarovgirl, no not everyday of course! Hope i didnt make it seem like that... did I? Shocked

― Eric Roth
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2015, 11:07:15 PM »

Ilizarovgirl, no not everyday of course! Hope i didnt make it seem like that... did I? Shocked

Maybe it was me who misunderstood you Sad I hoped I misunderstood you.
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2015, 04:44:12 PM »

Hi there.

How are you doing? Maybe you can upload some pics with IMGUR?

How's your gait? Can you stand up or even walk?

Please update.  Smiley

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 01:29:25 PM »

Hi Sweden and Hello everyone!

I've just finished completed my limb lengthening journey! No more click-click-clicks for me, thank goodness!.

I just want to say a big thank you to Dr Jamal just now before I write up a full account of my experience later on today or this week (I'll try and do it today). There were some tough times where I cried like a girl - literally, and woke up in a panic during the middle of the night. I once misplaced my pain medication and it was really late, around 3am, and I was desperate, so I rang doctor Jamal (really not that brave I know) and I wasn't expecting anything...

He told me on the phone (in a really sleepy voice - kinda cute haha) that it was good I called him and he will be over immediately. Not only did he bring pain medication, he brought some tea and some really tasty snacks to make me feel better knowing I probably had the midnight munchies. He stayed with me for a while to keep me company and went through everything about where my pain was coming from and if I needed more re-assurance, he would take me for a CT scan.

That's the kind of doctor he is, he doesn't patronize you telling you just "everything will be O.K", he takes the time to properly explain everything, and really does live up to what he says by taking you for CT scans - which are far more accurate and expensive than simple x-rays. I asked about consolidation from a few other patients experiences here before, and he really took the time to explain what happened and how rare this occurrence was. He clarified "those rare cases were not a case of non-union or non-consolidation, it was just far slower than normal and needed time. However, in those cases where patients psychological state requires them to have peace of mind, I am more than happy to give them a bone graft to make them feel safe and help improve the speed of regeneration."

And of course, this is all for free.

My consolidation was the opposite story meaning I almost had to have another operation to stop the bones from fusing too quickly. But Dr Jamal came every day and managed the situation and we got through it without any problems.

On a final note: I got to celebrate by having a BBQ at the new Jamal recovery centre which looks STUNNING for all you future LL patients! I'm so jealous I didn't get to stay there, the place in general is damn gorgeous. There's an exercise bike right next to the lake which I would have been DESTROYING everyday if I was there! I would have legs of steel - or titanium Wink

xx

― Eric Roth
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2015, 01:50:12 PM »

I should add, I do wonder if he can keep up this level of care that I had if he gets more and more busy. This will probably happen as the word gets out about this hidden gem of a doctor. I admit I was really lucky with the timing since i'm guessing he had only me and a couple of other patients, so he could be so generous with his time. Also, he gave me the old price of 40,000 USD for the operation, and I know prices have gone up since, and I do regret having asked for a discount since he basically helped me out with far too many things and I felt I asked him for too many favors. What does this forum think about what a limb lengthening doctors responsibility encompasses? Perhaps their duties are not within a normal doctor's boundaries... do you think it goes into the realms of emotional support or support as in knowing you can call them at anytime - including the middle of the night? I know it sounds silly, but this is a psychological battle more than anything, and it seems the doctor I really needed was more a psychological one. Having that feeling that I knew I had a caring doctor who I knew would not hesitate to be there for me anytime, and anything that would happen would get sorted out immediately at no extra cost was beyond anything I could have asked for to get me through this journey.

I'll stop rambling now :p

xx

― Eric Roth
Atron
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2015, 03:38:06 PM »

I should add, I do wonder if he can keep up this level of care that I had if he gets more and more busy. This will probably happen as the word gets out about this hidden gem of a doctor. I admit I was really lucky with the timing since i'm guessing he had only me and a couple of other patients, so he could be so generous with his time. Also, he gave me the old price of 40,000 USD for the operation, and I know prices have gone up since, and I do regret having asked for a discount since he basically helped me out with far too many things and I felt I asked him for too many favors. What does this forum think about what a limb lengthening doctors responsibility encompasses? Perhaps their duties are not within a normal doctor's boundaries... do you think it goes into the realms of emotional support or support as in knowing you can call them at anytime - including the middle of the night? I know it sounds silly, but this is a psychological battle more than anything, and it seems the doctor I really needed was more a psychological one. Having that feeling that I knew I had a caring doctor who I knew would not hesitate to be there for me anytime, and anything that would happen would get sorted out immediately at no extra cost was beyond anything I could have asked for to get me through this journey.

I'll stop rambling now :p

xx
Atron
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2015, 03:44:39 PM »

Nice to hear finishing your lengthening,I hope goes rest of your journey smoothly .how much Have you added to your height ?
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2015, 03:55:54 PM »

Hey Atron! I added 6.5cm Grin

― Eric Roth
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2015, 11:16:02 AM »

Okay this is awesome, I got Dr Jamal on Whatsapp! Didn't quite manage to convince him about Snapchat😂

― Eric Roth
MyLongerLegs
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2015, 11:26:24 AM »

Do you have any pics you are willing to share with us? We don;t need to see you, or face, just legs will do : Pre LL, post LL?? maybe some scars pictures? Good to hear you finished you LL journey successfully Smiley How is consolidation going?
Sweden
Current recovery level: 82% and improving.
LL Veteran
MMT Expert

Credibility 304

LL Fighter, prophet, expert, adviser, hero, LEGEND

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2015, 08:22:48 PM »

"Picture - or it didn't happen!"  Wink

Starting height 173cm, now confirmed 180cm. Had surgery in India January 8 -13. Did ~7cm on tibia. Frame removal: 16 April -13. 180cm wingspan. Shrunk to 179cm as my final height. Considering femurs.
emanuel
LL Patient
MMT Contributor

Credibility 50

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2015, 09:17:53 PM »

13th July you just had your 2nd leg operated and now you have completed 6,5 cm. So you lengthened like 2mm/day?

I did Internal Femurs with Dr. Jamal in Kiev in 2013.

Starting height: 165,5cm (5'5") Lengthened: 7,5 cm.
Due to long-term complications with bone healing/non-union causing nail breakages I lost some of the gained height in both legs. Final lengthening: probably a little more than 6cm.
CreatePerfection
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2015, 10:23:48 PM »

Urgggh Sweden, give a poor shy gal a break. I'm still wrapped up in bandages ya know! Y'all get your pics once i get my stitches removed:) x

Emanuel - my left leg I went around 1 mm a day and 1.5 towards the end. With my leg right leg I went really fast, 2mm a day since I had really fast regeneration and almost needed another osteotomy to stop the fusion. I have really soft bones and I was walking around most of the day so my regeneration was much faster than normal.

― Eric Roth
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.