MMT Community
February 27, 2017, 04:23:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Welcome to Make Me Taller! This is the leading site for the discussion of Leg Lengthening on the Internet. Join now - the more you contribute, the more you will benefit from being part of our community - all are welcome.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My LL experience 2015 with Dr. Barinov  (Read 14270 times)
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2015, 06:56:02 PM »

We are expecting some guests today. Two girls, former patients who have undergone leg correction surgeries and left home 1 and 3 months ago. Both are coming from different cities just to visit their new friends. Very nice of them. We were planning to go out but I donít think I will be able to since I am currently working on my knee bending problem and plus, I try not to go out during the weekends because the doctors are not here in case I break a pin. If it were to happen I would have to spend all of my weekends in bed not being able to stretch or walk until Monday.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 06:58:02 PM »

Check out the souvenir one of the girls brought. Very sweet of her. I like it.

Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 07:05:08 PM »

Having a great time! There were some attempts at salsa dancing
 and even singing. Good times!

This cognac called "Lezginka" is relatively smooth and goes well with
kolbasa and cheese but I still like to chase it with orange juice.

Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2015, 04:16:18 AM »

Pretty much the same today. Working on my knee bending. It's tough and painful to get rid of so make sure you stay on top of all the stretches way before you start noticing anything abnormal. Make sure you tell Dr. Barinov about your suspicions, x-shaping, knee bending, foot inversions because they are all difficult to get rid of and may even take months once you are home before full recovery.

On the positive note though, the girls are coming today for some "tea". It should be fun.
One of our friends who had an LL surgery is leaving on Tuesday after spending about 5 months here. He is very happy with the results and leaving home with some minor complications but like mentioned would have to work on them back home.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2015, 06:15:48 AM »

Early morning walk. I am doing the stairs, just going up and down. Itís funny how these basic things like climbing stairs seem to be so complicated. People take these things for granted but you donít realize how strenuous it is until you start doing it. I had one pin broken the last time I did stairs because apparently it is one of the exercises with the most pressure on the pins so I am a little paranoid. However, it is also one the most practical exercises and according to Dr. Barinov speeds up regeneration. Basically, anything that exerts pressure on the tibia will lead to faster bone regeneration. The logic behind it is that the more strenuous the exercise the more blood circulation the leg requires. The blood carries all the nutrients, calcium, the capillaries grow faster, soft tissues grow faster etc.
Anyway, after a walk I stopped in the hallway and measured myself against a ďplan of evacuation signĒ Smiley. It coincidentally measures 180 at the top dotted line and you can see I am just slightly shorter. Makes me feel good and I am ready for a few more minutes of walking and stretches Smiley

Btw, here is the physioroom. The machines are not very useful except the treadmill and the elliptical

ilizarovgirl
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

Sky's the limit so I am reaching for the stars.

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2015, 06:27:27 AM »

You can always train your upper body on 'less useful machines' so you will look good post LL Smiley

start height: 151cm(4'11.5")
03/07/2009-30/03/2010 Ilizarov frames on tibias,+10cm

current height: 161cm(5'3.5")
31/03/2015-26/06/2015 Ilizarov on the right foot, club foot correction

desired height: 171cm(5'7.5")
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 09:39:12 AM »

Mr. Placebo,

Great diary so far. Just curious if you plan for nail insertion after you lengthen, or are you doing external all the way?

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2015, 11:02:11 AM »

Mr. Placebo,

Great diary so far. Just curious if you plan for nail insertion after you lengthen, or are you doing external all the way?

Thank you @Devil. I am doing LATN which is nail insertion after the lengthening is finished. So hopefully, I will have a surgery in a month and half or maybe 2 depending on how things are going.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2015, 11:09:02 AM »

Mr. Placebo,

@Devil, how much do you want to grow? I see your initial height is average. What makes or motivates you to increase your height?
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2015, 11:52:32 AM »

You can always train your upper body on 'less useful machines' so you will look good post LL Smiley

@Ilizarovgirl To go for a complete makeover. Sounds like a good idea. The problem is that it doesn't really have "useful" machines and it doesn't have weights. Those green weights are like 3 lbs each. I am planning to start working out once I am back home because I lost a lot of weight here about 12 lbs
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 04:30:11 AM »

Mr. Placebo,

I live in Southern California (Los Angeles). It seems the average height of men in my area is around 6', so I'd like to aim between 7-9cm.

I noticed you're from the US as well. Which state if you don't mind me asking?

I'm so excited you said LATN! With Prince2's success, it made me focus specifically on Dr. Barinov for the procedure. So I'll be following along with your journey.

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 05:15:19 AM »

Mr. Placebo,

I live in Southern California (Los Angeles). It seems the average height of men in my area is around 6', so I'd like to aim between 7-9cm.

I noticed you're from the US as well. Which state if you don't mind me asking?

I'm so excited you said LATN! With Prince2's success, it made me focus specifically on Dr. Barinov for the procedure. So I'll be following along with your journey.

I am from S.California. We could be neighbors lol. You are right about 6' feet. It does seem like people in Cali are taller then anywhere in the states. Hollywood attracts a lot of good looking tall people, actors and wannabes. Appearance matters a lot. 5'10 which I am going for is close enough. LATN is the best way to go about it. You put the nails in and in one or two year time you return and remove them. You will be back home in 7 days with no crutches. The FULL recovery after nail removal is about a month until you can play football or snowboard. You are well versed in this which is great. When I came here I didn't know anything about LATN, LON or other procedures and I found out about it through consultation with the doctors. I am glad I met patients here who helped me decide what procedure I had to go through. I had only a few days to make up my mind and I am thankful I didn't choose LON as many people had some sort of complications or the recovery process took longer than expected. 
Romania
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 06:44:31 AM »

What was your lengthening rate?
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2015, 08:46:24 AM »

What was your lengthening rate?

Hi Romania, I lengthen at about 1 mm a day. I do 4 turns of 90 degrees.
It is taking me a little longer than I thought so far I am about 2 weeks behind schedule because of knee bending problem and pins breaking
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2015, 10:48:14 AM »

2 pins broken today Sad I was getting out of the shower when I heard a loud popping sound. It was very painful as my whole weight was held on the 2 remaining pins. I am glad this hasn't happened on the weekend. The docs were able to fix it very quick in under 20 mins. Walking on broken pins is very painful and I personally do not recommend it. I will have to delay turning till evening.

Waiting for the doc
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 11:45:21 AM »

Thanks for the photos. Im assuming that Dr Barinov fixes fibula which is very good.
ilizarovgirl
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

Sky's the limit so I am reaching for the stars.

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2015, 12:23:30 PM »

Thanks for the photos. Im assuming that Dr Barinov fixes fibula which is very good.

What do you mean by fixing fibula? Do you mean correction so tibias are straight?

start height: 151cm(4'11.5")
03/07/2009-30/03/2010 Ilizarov frames on tibias,+10cm

current height: 161cm(5'3.5")
31/03/2015-26/06/2015 Ilizarov on the right foot, club foot correction

desired height: 171cm(5'7.5")
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2015, 01:34:58 PM »

What do you mean by fixing fibula? Do you mean correction so tibias are straight?

I think he means that Dr. Barinov is putting pins through the fibula so that it can not change position. This helps the fibula to build a bone bridge and to consolidate better.

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2015, 02:39:21 PM »

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,7490.0.html

Some actual reliable information among tons of rubbish on this forum Smiley
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2015, 04:03:40 AM »

I had to miss the whole day of turning because of pains from pins breaking. Here is a suspicion I am going to voice. It's my personal observation but which has yet to be confirmed so I am not insisting on its veracity. However, I did notice that you may loose some gained height during pin breaking. Last time about 2 weeks ago I had 2 pins broken on my right leg. Both were from the bottom ring which has only 3 pins total. If you remember I was sharing earlier that my right leg was a whole 1.5 cm shorter than the left one so I had to stop turning the left leg while also addressing knee bending issues it had and turn only the left one. I was turning for almost 10 days and the height difference between the two legs has almost disappeared. I measure them and it seemed like there was only about 5-6 mm difference left. That same day when my pins broke and I got them fixed I measured them again and I was back at square one the difference was about 1.1 cm so I lost about 6 mm ( 6 days of turning). The problem is that once you reach a certain point for some people it's 4 cm some 5-6 cm the pins start breaking almost every 10-12 days. You have to check and keep logs of height gain on the daily basis. Btw, I did ask Dr. Barinov if it's possible that I lost height and he responded that it is possible on "rare occasions but unlikely that I lost any height". However, I did measure myself right before and after the pins and the evidence was hard to ignore.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.