MMT Community
December 11, 2017, 11:32:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My LL experience 2015 with Dr. Barinov  (Read 19551 times)
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2015, 07:41:07 PM »

@ecb1992
I am glad it was useful. I heard about someone arriving on the 23rd. Where are you from? What's your current height?
ecb1992
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2015, 08:52:17 PM »

Quote from: Devil link=topic=7896. msg106461#msg106461 date=1442331281
Hi Ecb!

Do you plan on writing a diary? Do you plan on doing LATN or external only?

Hey Devil!  :)

Not sure yet if i want to do a diary(dont like to bring attention to myself) but certainly would not mind helping anyone out who has questions once i get some experience.  Visa process was hectic, glad i was able to get it on time as i booked flight before i had visa.  I originally wanted to do external only but, can't stay in Russia longer than 6 months and im aiming for a gain of about
 7cm or so.  Going to be doing LATN.
ecb1992
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2015, 09:03:12 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Placebo link=topic=7896. msg106471#msg106471 date=1442346067
@ecb1992
I am glad it was useful.  I heard about someone arriving on the 23rd.  Where are you from? What's your current height?

Yup, i will be arriving in the morning on the 23rd.  I'm from the United States and my nationality is Dominican Repblic. My current height(morning) 167. 5cm so i'm about 166. 3cm at lowest.  Sometimes i can dip even lower but maybe its just because of stadiometer error or very dehydrated and all day on feet  :)
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2015, 09:35:28 PM »

Ecb- I can understand not wanting attention on yourself, but please give us feedback about LATN with Barinov since we don't have too many diaries here covering it and since it's relatively new for him. I can't thank Prince & Mr Placebo enough. It's great to hear about their successful journey and to learn from them.

Mr. Placebo - That's smart to stick with the same tool to measure yourself. I hope you don't lose much. I've definitely read a few Beijing LATN diaries that mention they didn't lose any height. I can't imagine how awesome it is to literally track your growth on that thing. By looking in the mirror, can you tell that your proportions have changed at all or is it barely noticeable? I'm not really stuck on proportions, I'm just curious if you notice anything different other than you're taller

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
ecb1992
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2015, 09:53:48 PM »

Quote from: Devil link=topic=7896. msg106474#msg106474 date=1442352928
Ecb- I can understand not wanting attention on yourself, but please give us feedback about LATN with Barinov since we don't have too many diaries here covering it and since it's relatively new for him.  I can't thank Prince & Mr Placebo enough.  It's great to hear about their successful journey and to learn from them.

Mr.  Placebo - That's smart to stick with the same tool to measure yourself.  I hope you don't lose much.  I've definitely read a few Beijing LATN diaries that mention they didn't lose any height.  I can't imagine how awesome it is to literally track your growth on that thing.  By looking in the mirror, can you tell that your proportions have changed at all or is it barely noticeable? I'm not really stuck on proportions, I'm just curious if you notice anything different other than you're taller

I will try my best, i'm sure after some time in Russia i will change my mind.  Till then, I will always be around forum(even after LL) can message me whenever and i will respond.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2015, 08:26:52 AM »

@Devil
Yes, the proportions are noticeable for me. I had stumpy legs before, now they are longer and just proportionate to the body. I love my long legs and legs to torso ratio.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2015, 08:53:50 PM »

Broke a pin as I was walking in the hallway. It is my 7th now.  Angry Angry Angry Pretty much a pin for each centimeter gained.
Anyway, on a bright side - a new person arriving tmr and then another on Wednesday. New blood is always welcome here  Cheesy
AND....., I also booked a ticket for Dec 2nd just in time for Christmas & New Year!!!!
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #87 on: September 26, 2015, 09:51:58 PM »

A pin is fixed and I am back to turning. A new person arrived and underwent a surgery and I think he will be back in the clinic in 2 weeks..., if not sooner. Jmoney is leaving tomorrow. We all had great time together and we will miss him. I am almost done with my lengthening. I am kind of lost and have no idea how tall I am right now. I am estimating my height to be at around 178.5 cm. I am only turning twice a day; however, sometimes I am turning 90 degrees sometimes I am turning more.
ecb1992
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2015, 10:47:50 AM »

Quote from: Mr. Placebo link=topic=7896. msg106583#msg106583 date=1443304318
A pin is fixed and I am back to turning.  A new person arrived and underwent a surgery and I think he will be back in the clinic in 2 weeks. . . , if not sooner.  Jmoney is leaving tomorrow.  We all had great time together and we will miss him.  I am almost done with my lengthening.  I am kind of lost and have no idea how tall I am right now.  I am estimating my height to be at around 178. 5 cm.  I am only turning twice a day; however, sometimes I am turning 90 degrees sometimes I am turning more. 

Hey Placebo,

As you may know, i'm at the hospital day #4 post op.  Please say privet(hello) and dos vedanya(goodbye) to jmoney on my behalf.  Sucks i had surgery 2nd day of arrival and couldnt hang out more with the crew.

As far as my condition, I did great 1st day but i believe i broke pin on right leg from walking to fast.  Left leg feels super great (3-10 pain walking) right leg (7-10 pain walking).  These last 2 days I also have neck pain that always comes with a headache with every slight movement, is that normal? Would I notice if I broke a pin?

Hope to hear from you soon and Thanks!  :)
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2015, 01:41:33 PM »

Hey Placebo,

As you may know, i'm at the hospital day #4 post op.  Please say privet(hello) and dos vedanya(goodbye) to jmoney on my behalf.  Sucks i had surgery 2nd day of arrival and couldnt hang out more with the crew.

As far as my condition, I did great 1st day but i believe i broke pin on right leg from walking to fast.  Left leg feels super great (3-10 pain walking) right leg (7-10 pain walking).  These last 2 days I also have neck pain that always comes with a headache with every slight movement, is that normal? Would I notice if I broke a pin?

Hope to hear from you soon and Thanks!  Smiley

Hey ecb1992, good to hear from you. I will say hi from you to Jmoney.
As far as neck and headache - it's normal. Jmoney and a few other guys had headache which may last up to 3 weeks. It's too early for the pin break though. The pins usually break due to muscle pressure which builds up during lengthening. But you never know. There is always a first time for everything. If you experience pain during a pin break it is usually the external break which is easily fixed. You can easily detect a broken pin by examining them - it will be broken and detached from the ring. If it is an inside break then you won't see any anomalies as the breakage happened inside the bone, and most importantly you would not even feel the pain.

Another reason I think you don't have a broken pin is because you would normally hear a very loud pop which would reverberate throughout your entire body. Once you experience it you will know that something has gone wrong.

Also, when you break a pin the pain is sudden but it fades away within the first 10 mins. I think what you are experiencing is the pin cutting into your skin. Make sure you are not turning more than 90 degrees at a time AND make sure you walk as much as possible as per doctor's instructions. Walking helps the leg to deal with pain. Don't worry men, the first 2-3 weeks are usually the worst. I have went through exactly the same thing. One day my left leg is great and the right one is bothering me, another day I wake up and my left is glitching and the right is doing much better. It's just the way it is.

In any way, have Dr. Barinov look into it when you get a chance. I am no expert and I could be wrong. Wishing you good look bro!
ecb1992
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2015, 08:09:29 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Placebo link=topic=7896. msg106586#msg106586 date=1443361293
Hey ecb1992, good to hear from you.  I will say hi from you to Jmoney. 
As far as neck and headache - it's normal.  Jmoney and a few other guys had headache which may last up to 3 weeks.  It's too early for the pin break though.  The pins usually break due to muscle pressure which builds up during lengthening.  But you never know.  There is always a first time for everything.  If you experience pain during a pin break it is usually the external break which is easily fixed.  You can easily detect a broken pin by examining them - it will be broken and detached from the ring.  If it is an inside break then you won't see any anomalies as the breakage happened inside the bone, and most importantly you would not even feel the pain. 

Another reason I think you don't have a broken pin is because you would normally hear a very loud pop which would reverberate throughout your entire body.  Once you experience it you will know that something has gone wrong. 

Also, when you break a pin the pain is sudden but it fades away within the first 10 mins.  I think what you are experiencing is the pin cutting into your skin.  Make sure you are not turning more than 90 degrees at a time AND make sure you walk as much as possible as per doctor's instructions.  Walking helps the leg to deal with pain.  Don't worry men, the first 2-3 weeks are usually the worst.  I have went through exactly the same thing.  One day my left leg is great and the right one is bothering me, another day I wake up and my left is glitching and the right is doing much better.  It's just the way it is.

In any way, have Dr.  Barinov look into it when you get a chance.  I am no expert and I could be wrong.  Wishing you good look bro!

The most amazing thing just happened!! Rested all day today, woke up now with no headache and was able to walk with (2-10)pain on both legs.  Still feel some sort of metal on right leg but wow i'm like crazy happy!!! Lol  :D. . 

Thanks for the great advice bro your an expert to me, sorry for the nooby questions lol.  Lets see what Dr. Barinov says tomorrow about right leg. 

See you soon bud and thanks again! Vitamin Guru out!  Grin
chipsnsalsa
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2015, 08:33:55 PM »

Hi Mrplacebo, thanks for the interesting diary, I just asked this to jmoney, hope you don't mind if I ask you too.

I noticed there are lots of correction patients with Dr Barinov.   This is correction of bow-legs, right? I have bow-legged calves myself.   I'm 179cm which is average height, but I was considering getting the correction and also lengthening 5cm at the same time.   Two birds, one stone.   Do you know anyone who has done this with Dr Barinov?

Take care and good luck with the rest of the lengthening.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2015, 09:42:17 PM »

Hi Mrplacebo, thanks for the interesting diary, I just asked this to jmoney, hope you don't mind if I ask you too.

I noticed there are lots of correction patients with Dr Barinov.   This is correction of bow-legs, right? I have bow-legged calves myself.   I'm 179cm which is average height, but I was considering getting the correction and also lengthening 5cm at the same time.   Two birds, one stone.   Do you know anyone who has done this with Dr Barinov?

Take care and good luck with the rest of the lengthening.

Hey chipsnsalsa! Yes, when I arrived I saw a guy who had bad bowlegs and lengthened at the same time. His bowlegs were so bad that straightening his legs gave him additional 1.5- 2 cm. I think he lengthened 8-9 cm and he got additional 2 cm as a bonus and a nice surprise after correction. I would consult Dr. Barinov himself for more information though but I am very certain he can help you.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2015, 09:48:43 PM »

ecb1992, that's great! Continue walking, try at least a few hours a day especially in the beginning stages I am positive you are going to do even better. You will be out in no time.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2015, 06:28:30 PM »

JUST MEASURED MYSELF! I AM 179!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2015, 07:33:05 PM »

Great news man! go and enjoy your life!
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2015, 10:24:17 PM »

Great news man! go and enjoy your life!

Thanks men! I am beyond excited! It's almost over and I can go back home and really enjoy it:))
ecb1992
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2015, 05:45:31 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Placebo link=topic=7896. msg106640#msg106640 date=1443824657
Thanks men! I am beyond excited! It's almost over and I can go back home and really enjoy it:))

Congrats! I'm Really happy for you! Don't leave so soon now, I want to extract as much info as possible from you.    :D
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2015, 09:55:29 PM »

Congrats! I'm Really happy for you! Don't leave so soon now, I want to extract as much info as possible from you.    Cheesy
not for another 2 months. When are you coming back? How are you feeling now when you are turning?
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #99 on: October 09, 2015, 12:28:36 AM »

179 is awesome, Mr. Placebo.  Are you done lengthening or do you want to turn a little more since you have the time?

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.