MMT Community
May 22, 2017, 05:41:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from SysOp:
"Height is like money. It is insignificant only to those who have plenty of it." Tongue

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My LL experience 2015 with Dr. Barinov  (Read 15380 times)
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2015, 04:33:37 AM »

Any update?

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2015, 08:24:01 AM »

Mr. Placebo,

Since you have direct contact with Dr.Barinov, do you mind asking him a question I am curious about?

In Beijing, Dr. Xia gives his LATN/LON patients custom leg braces when the fixators are removed and are told to wear them for one to two months to help support the legs until muscle mass returns. I'm curious why he doesn't recommend the same type of support?

Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2015, 07:44:48 PM »

Mr. Placebo,

Since you have direct contact with Dr.Barinov, do you mind asking him a question I am curious about?

In Beijing, Dr. Xia gives his LATN/LON patients custom leg braces when the fixators are removed and are told to wear them for one to two months to help support the legs until muscle mass returns. I'm curious why he doesn't recommend the same type of support?

Devil, I did talk to Dr. Barinov. Basically, he said he doesn't see any point in doing that unless you have weak regeneration. It's better that you start walking on crutches right away which would facilitate quicker muscle recovery. Any sort of bracing would actually impede the process. They do things differently in China where many patients spend most of their time in bed whereas here you are encouraged to walk as much as possible which doesn't lead to severe muscle atrophy.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2015, 05:13:44 AM »

Mr. Placebo,

How is recovery going for you? Are you all done with your procedure and back home now?

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2015, 01:58:19 PM »

Hope all is well! Let us know how things are going. We haven't heard from you in quite some time!

Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2015, 01:44:43 AM »

I gained about 3 cm according to this first x-ray. Btw, you can get free x-rays at any Russian hospital if you have a note from your doctor. The only downside is that you have to come next day to pick up your x-rays and waiting takes a few hours. There is another hospital down the road where you can get the x-rays done without having to wait. You pay 1,600 rubles ($25) and you are out the door in 10 mins. Usually Tonya accompanies your to and from the hospital helping you to register and check in.

When was this first x-ray taken? Right after your surgery? If so, then wow, did you automatically get a 3 cm headstart?

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #106 on: December 21, 2015, 04:25:06 AM »

He arrived in Russia but didn't begin his diary until August. So this X-ray was around 2 months post op

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.