MMT Community
June 22, 2017, 02:10:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Barinov - 2015 - Volgograd, Russia - Holla Holla Get Taller  (Read 9506 times)
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« on: August 05, 2015, 06:54:12 PM »

/026546+///////Nationality: American
Starting height: 5'6 168cm
Desired height: 5'10 178cm

I'm also going through LL along with Mr. Placebo, however I'm very much just starting, been lengthening for two weeks now. I got here July 15th after long preparation at home, living for months in a basement with nothing but a air mattress, a small desk, laptop and folding chair to my name to save the money I needed. Irene picked me up at the Volgograd airport and got us a taxi to the Da Vinci clinic. Russian drivers and roads are hilariously insane. We got to the clinic and did some paperwork as I got settled in and met the others staying in the clinic. Two other guys are lengthening along with me at various stages. It was good to talk to others that understood how it felt to live life at what society deems short. Especially since I did not receive much support from friends and family.

I settled into my room at the clinic and ate some food. The food is delivered to us, and I quite enjoy it. The beds are comfortable, and the room I was in when I first got here was small, but adequate. There are two bathrooms, only one has a shower and the one without a shower is girls only. Other than the guys lengthening, there is one other guy who is doing a leg correction only, then girls who are doing leg corrections. Everyone is nice, but I do wish I had learned more fluent Russian before coming, if only to talk with the girls even better.

After sitting in the clinic for two days doing paperwork, getting blood test and my consult, I was sent to the hospital. I got there and was put in my room. From what I understand from the other guys who had already been in the hospital, I got a shitty room. There was no bathroom, no mini fridge, no tv, none of the amenities they had. Just two beds (one of which was occupied by an older Russian guy), two bed stands, a sink, and a standing closet (which was already occupied by the Russian guy).

The hospital sucked, the food is terrible, and worst of all, there is no A/C. When I was there it was f**king hot (85-105 F) so sweating your balls off is not fun when you are first getting over the pain of the initial surgery. But anyway, after being in the hospital for a day, I was taken to surgery. They took me to the surgical ward, and in the first room I stripped down to my boxer briefs, the nurse who led me there took my clothes back to my room. I was walked to the room where the surgery would be and layed down on the table. They all spoke Russian, so with hand motions I understood they wanted me to take the fetal position in preparation for my epidural. This was my first experience with the epidural, but it didn't really hurt, just a prick and then numbness. After a few moments they motioned for me to raise my legs, which I could not and that seemed to be good. I actually really didn't like the feeling of not moving my legs and it made me nervous even though I knew that was the purpose of the shot and it was all normal. The numbness traveled up my chest as well, and about a quarter of my lungs numbed up, making breathing a bit more shallow.

So after my epidural kicked in and I was rigged up to all the monitors and IV, the doctors came in and began prepping for surgery. They put up a curtain so I wouldn't see, at which point I took my phone and began listening to music. I could hear the drills and somewhat feel pressure, but no pain. The time flew and before long they were pulling the curtain down and lifting me onto a stretcher, as I looked at my new metal friends around my legs.

I was rolled to my room and put in bed, they put ice packs on my legs wrapped in towels and told me do lay like that for about 6 hours. This is when I first really noticed the sticky, humid heat. Really uncomfortable, and it would be my constant enemy through my hospital stay. I'll write more tomorrow as I catch up to my current point in my time here.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:07:26 PM »

Also some pictures

Shaving my legs so I'm the prettiest girl at the ball.

This would be really bad timing for a zombie apocalypse, huh?

Yummy clinic food VS shitty hospital food (seriously the hospital food is terrible

microman
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 07:57:56 PM »

keep  that information coming, if it wasn't for dr mitkovic i would be there with you now hehe.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2016, 12:04:22 PM »

Alright, so almost six months later and I'm bored enough to go ahead and make a new post.

So, I'm done lengthening. I gained a total of 11cm on my tibiae, putting me at 179cm total. However, I have some knee bending on me left leg, which I have to work on while I consolidate. I will likely have to spend at least two months recovering anyway before I can get the nail due to my regeneration. I'm okay with that, I don't mind it since I know this is a fairly large amount of lengthening. I was pretty excited with my results as I was showing everyone in the clinic, so I forgot to snap shots of my xray. I will do so next time I am at the clinic (I currently live in an apartment).

I would have probably been at this point fast but I was very lazy the first few months of lengthening (not walking, stretching, just sitting there playing video games and talking to girls back home on Skype, ect) and of course that lead to complications. I got an infection in one of my pins on my left leg (which has been my problem leg most of this process) caused by I don't know what. I never touched my legs when I was awake, maybe I scratched my ass in my sleep then scratched a pin lol. Anyway, Dr. Barinov took care of it, he removed the pin and treated me every day until the infection was taken care of. He cleaned it every day using a syringe with a flexible tube attachment which was painful but had to be done. Honestly, no amount of pain was going to or is going to stop me from reaching the height I'm meant to be.

After the infection was cleared, I was drilled a new pin and started lengthening again. I developed bad ballerina and knee bending on both legs due to not walking, so I had to stop again. My regeneration was also shitty, so Dr Barinov recommended to stop lengthening again. At that point, I realized I couldn't just sit here if I wanted to leave any time soon, so I began walking and stretching in addition to making sure to eat as much as I could. In three weeks I got rid of the ballerina and most of the knee bend and was able to resume lengthening. Total time lost was one and a half months.
nextinline34
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 06:48:23 PM »

Congratulations on your new height!
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 11:36:28 AM »

Congratulations on your new height!

Thank you, feels amazing seeing myself in the full length mirrors. Going to be even better when I get these frames off, and finally when I can walk without crutches and stand perfectly straight.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 01:35:36 PM »

Congratulations man! You can be really proud of yourself!

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 03:46:10 PM »

Congratulations man! You can be really proud of yourself!

Thank you! It was yours and Rgkey's diaries that really motivated me to get out here in the first place and start this journey.
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 01:13:53 AM »

So is Mr.Placebo still in Russia or back home now?

Congratulations!!!

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 03:16:31 PM »

Thank you! It was yours and Rgkey's diaries that really motivated me to get out here in the first place and start this journey.

You are welcome. I am happy that I could give something back to the forum and its members. I also benefited from this forum a lot Smiley

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 10:00:57 PM »

Mr Placebo has gone home.

Lucky bastard   Wink
El Greco
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 05:42:39 PM »

Hey rjcpm8619,

I would like to ask you for a couple of details:

1-I can see that you have 2 rings in your frame, but there seems to be so many pins.  How many pins does each frame have?

2-You mentioned a knee bending that you acquired at some point.  Are you speaking about any kind of small deformity that you had (after the surgery/during the lengthening) or are you just saying that you could not straighten your leg because of a muscular contraction that you developed as a result of being lazy :P

3- X-rays would be very much appreciated

I hope you have a speedy recovery
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »

This is an xray from last month. I am getting another one tomorrow. At the time of this xray I was obviously not ready for the nail. I need more regeneration, but that is to be expected with the amount I lengthened. Hopefully the next xray I am getting tomorrow shows that I am ready for the nail.

As for the frame, there are 7 pins on each leg; 3 on the bottom ring, 4 on the top. This is so pins can break and you will still be supported by the other pins, protecting your legs until a new one can be drilled.

My knee bending was due to me lengthening my bone faster than my muscles were stretching. My muscles would have stretched faster but I was lazy, and when you do not work on it with walking and stretching regiments, you can easily outgrow your muscles with your bone lengthening. Luckily, I was able to fix it by doing my stretches and walking after I had my wake up call.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 10:04:02 PM »

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »

Looks good, you'll have a healthy 10-11CM in 8 months Smiley

Mind if I ask why you didn't do LON in the first place? With that you would just leave right after the lengthening phase.

Hope everythings alright!
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2016, 02:39:29 AM »

Arch I believe latn has a slightly quicker recovery then lon hence people tend to choose latn when given the option. Also barinovs latn diaries have been largely successful. I am only aware of one LON diary with barinov  and the patient had really slow regenerate.
El Greco
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »

I do not know if you have had the nails already, but if you didn't I advise that you keep things external.   I am also planning on doing 9 cm on the tibia with an external fixator, and I know that consolidation would take possibly about 2 years, but I would rather wear the frames for that long than have the nails. 
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 02:27:11 AM »

I do not have the nails yet but I have already paid for the surgery and I have to leave Russia in a couple months anyway so I unfortunately must get the nail. I agree with you though, staying external all the way is faster. However, I feel more secure with the nail in, even if I had full regeneration with the external, just for the sake of keeping my bones perfectly straight until I am at 100%.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 02:34:12 AM »

I also have another shot of my new xray. I'll upload them in a bit.
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 07:01:20 AM »

I understand people want to be tall but how can someone sacrafice 2 years for recovery knowingly at a prime age.

You can see the consolidation rjcm! I agree with your choice for nail.  Although full recovery will probably be almost the same time as externals, you can partial weight bear and return to daily life. Time will fly and before you know it you will be consolidated. How is your ballerina by the way?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.