MMT Community
July 21, 2017, 06:50:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Barinov - 2015 - Volgograd, Russia - Holla Holla Get Taller  (Read 10104 times)
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 09:15:55 AM »

I understand people want to be tall but how can someone sacrafice 2 years for recovery knowingly at a prime age.

You can see the consolidation rjcm! I agree with your choice for nail.  Although full recovery will probably be almost the same time as externals, you can partial weight bear and return to daily life. Time will fly and before you know it you will be consolidated. How is your ballerina by the way?

Thankfully my ballerina and knee bending are completely gone. It took time, but everything about this process does if you want to do it correctly I feel. And that was my thoughts on the nail as well, I would rather recover at home and be in my own native atmosphere than here. (Not to mention I am not getting any more Visa extensions, so I have to leave even if I wanted to stay)
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »

My x-ray from a couple days ago. Doctor Barinov says I'm ready for the nail, I have scheduled it the first week of May, and I will stay 1 month after the nail surgery to see if anything goes wrong immediately (hopefully not of course)
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 09:38:44 AM »

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2016, 08:35:29 PM »

So you will be staying in Russia untill June?

Damn you are 1 year away, so much!
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2016, 09:02:02 PM »

So you will be staying in Russia untill June?

Damn you are 1 year away, so much!

It was worth it to me. Each person will take this journey in their own way. I don't see the point in doing 4-5 cm, so I payed the cost of time in order to fully recover due to the large amount I lengthened.

Russia is great, anyway. If you aren't ugly and learn some Russian, you can get some nice girlfriends out here and enjoy your time as if you were home.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2016, 09:04:13 PM »

Also, I would have likely cut 2 or so months off my time if I were not lazy at the beginning and had walked more. That cost me time.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2016, 09:38:10 PM »

Could you make a summary of your timeline when you first arrivere to your estimated leaving date and if possible also of your expenses how much you payed in total.
And maybe a few tips and hints (preperations) for newcommers?
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 11:40:34 AM »

http://www.The Troll Forum.com/index.php?topic=2869.0

This guy is in the clinic and started after me. He has some good advice for supplements and things to do before lengthening that I wish I had done. Would have probably saved me a couple months for helping my regeneration.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 11:54:38 AM »

oh wow it changes links, ah well didn't know there was something like this implemented
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 02:04:58 PM »

Sysop is hating the other site XD

Limb Lenghtening Forum : The Troll Forum
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2016, 07:50:52 AM »

Hey rjc,

How are you doing now?  Please update!
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2016, 08:55:11 AM »

Hey rjc,

How are you doing now?  Please update!

I'm good, I actually got the nail surgery on the 5th of this month, I have been in bed on the doctors' advice however since I have some osteoporosis due to the great amount I lengthened and they suggested to take it easy and walk as little as possible while my bones consolidate with the screws and rod. I leave Russia in June so I am just relaxing at this point, eating and taking my supplements and antibiotics to make sure I have a smooth transition.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2016, 09:01:56 AM »

Post surgery, very bloody.

They changed my bandages the next day. Most of the blood was gone.

Flexing my legs slowly to check my flexibility. Seems all good and has only gotten better since when I took this picture in the hospital.

Sitting position.

Close up of my stitching.

rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2016, 09:05:53 AM »

I want to point out that I did have a problem with them messing with the prices on me. Another guy here got the nail surgery shortly after I did and he did not have to pay for his hospital stay, while they charged me 15660 rubles for my stay. It is annoying because they know I do not have much money left, and I feel like they are trying to milk me at every turn.
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2016, 12:25:37 PM »

Thankyou for the update rjc. That looks absolutely Frickn gruesome. How painful was that night! Your one step closer to the finish line now. Slowly but surely you will get there. It's disappointing to hear they are milking you in such a way considering how long you have stayed there already.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2016, 02:25:45 PM »

Yeah, it really sucks. You have to constantly be on guard to make sure you aren't being taken advantage of, in addition to the stress of the lengthening. At least my legs have no deformities that I can see. Just need to fully consolidate my bones now.
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2016, 06:39:21 PM »

Hey rjc

How do you get to the washroom after the surgury? If you use crutches or walker could the stitches not open up?

And how painful was nailing?
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2016, 07:32:30 PM »

Hey rjc

How do you get to the washroom after the surgury? If you use crutches or walker could the stitches not open up?

And how painful was nailing?

In the hospital to get to the washroom I would use a wheelchair and when I got to the washroom I would get up on my crutches, but I would walk with as little pressure on my legs as possible, leaning back against the wall if possible. In my apartment, I have a small office chair that I scoot around with. My incisions at this point seem to be mostly closed up, so I don't worry very much about the stitches opening up.

I was awake for the nail surgery, only my legs were numbed. They wanted me to pay $100 to $300 for the anesthesia and I don't have any more money. So I negotiated it down to 5000 rubles and they gave me shitty epidural that started to wear out while they were working on the second leg (I did not feel pain, but I began to feel pressure of the cutting and drilling). When I got to my bed in the hospital, the epidural began to wear off. I felt pain but nothing I'm not used to (however, I have a very high tolerance for pain, even before I started the LL journey, so others may have a different opinion). The pain in my opinion was less than the pain after doing the apparatus surgery, because you do not have the pins drilled through your muscles, tendons and other soft tissues that is constantly there basically keeping the wounds sore.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2016, 05:09:26 PM »

It is been almost a month since your nail operation,
how are you doing RJC?

Hope you are well and consolidating good!
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2016, 10:28:56 AM »

I'm good. I'm home and walking on crutches still, but no pain and it's easy to walk with crutches. I feel like I could ditch them, but I will of course wait for the opinions of Dr. Barinov and my doctors at home as I take my xrays.

For me, this has been life changing. It's so much easier to pick up girls, even on crutches. I feel that my presence is more respected, especially among those I am taller than. I am so glad I did this surgery. It will be even better when I can ditch the crutches and walk/run again. I will just take it slow so I don't have any complications, not like the crutches have been preventing me from having fun since I've come home.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.