MMT Community
June 29, 2017, 03:58:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Barinov - 2015 - Volgograd, Russia - Holla Holla Get Taller  (Read 9622 times)
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2016, 04:39:59 PM »

I think you look natural, good job mate! BTW what your sitting height? coz it seems that you got a long torso.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2016, 04:40:29 PM »

Hi RJC,

How have you been the last month?

Are you doing fine?

Please let us know!

ibuse
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2016, 03:11:22 AM »

Thanks for doing this, it means a lot to those of us prepping for this.

1.  I'm trying to prep to do this surgery next year if possible.  I plan on having $30k+ or more saved by then for this.  Do you think that's enough to live over there with the full visa extensions if say I wanted to do 9-10 cm?  I heard Stripes hired a physical therapist.  I would like to do the same to keep myself on track.  I just want to make sure my finances don't suck before hopping over the pond. 

2.  Did you meet anyone else that used the soft splints mentioned in Stripe's journal to prepare for this.  I got them, but I question if they're actually doing anything.  Perhaps I'm just not using them correctly.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2016, 11:58:02 PM »

Hi iBuse,

When do you plan to go to Russia?
There are a few of other people (mysef included) that is heading go russia late 2017 Smiley
We could help eachother, let me know!

ibuse
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2016, 03:12:07 AM »

Hi Arch,

I would like to go when I meet my liquid assets goal of $30+k and my apartment's lease expires.  My lease expires next June and my current projections say I'll hit my money goal before then.  So I'm thinking about June or July if possible.  If you guys are actually going to go over there, please reach out to me.  It would be nice to exchange information.  I've PM'd some people about some general questions of the place and it sounds like it's worth the effort.  If my current money goal will work, I might just reach out to the staff in Russia within the next week or so.  Hopefully they will have a slot available for me.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2016, 07:05:48 PM »

Huh, how do you even private message them, this forum doesn't allow it ;(

If you do, send me your email in private and I'll reach out to you Wink
ibuse
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2016, 07:47:21 PM »

Oh, I was referring to the other forum, I can't PM others on this site.  My Skype is ibuse123 and my gmail is ibuse123@gmail. com (they're throwaway accounts, so I don't care who sees it).  I'll probably start working on my passport this week.  That's the first thing they need according to an email I got from the practice just now.  I'm just trying to get some clarification on the cost.  I definitely don't want to run short on funds.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2016, 08:45:56 PM »

Sorry about not responding. Honestly, now that my height is no longer bothering me, this site hasn't exactly been on my priorities.

I am not sure of my sitting height. I know I do have a longer than average torso for my original height which definitely helped with my proportions. I'll try to get measurements when I can remember.

I'm doing great, I've started walking without crutches. I need to fix my posture and correct my gait, but it's quickly correcting the more I walk. I have a girl taking care of me right now (cooking, cleaning, sucking my dick, ect) so that's a great help. Although I can cook and clean on my own, since I don't have to use crutches and have both of my hands free. In fact, I cook most of my own meals just as an extra way to work on my posture and walking while carrying items in my hands. I walk around 10 miles a day playing that Pokemon Go game. I'm broke so I have not gotten an x-ray yet. When I do I will of course post it up on the forums.

30k sounds about right to be safe. Good idea to make sure you don't have any contracted financial obligations when you leave. The less shi* you have to worry about at home the better. I had my visa extended for a year so I don't see why they couldn't do it for you. As for the soft splints, I have only seen Stripes talk about it. I have not personally used one, but I am now looking to purchase one to make sure to keep a nice stretch on my muscles and keep them limber (sometimes I am a bit stiff in the mornings). I think the reason you are not feeling a big stretch is because you're ligaments and muscles are in good shape (these things are built to help old people and people recovering from injuries) so in order to actually get a stretch you may need to modify the splint to give an above average stretch (maybe find some material to put under your foot where the wedge goes to increase the stretch, but be careful and do it slowly as to not go overboard and injure yourself).
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 11:24:40 AM »

Its great to hear to doing well.
Can you tell us how long did you take to walk upstairs after finishing lengthening?
ibuse
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2016, 09:08:26 PM »

Thanks for the reassurance and tips.  Hopefully I'll save a little more in case something goes wrong.  I'm also building up rewards points with my credit card for the long plane ride to and back.  The supplements I take now are similar to what Stripes had listed.  Though I just had a recent blood test where my calcium levels weren't as high as I wanted them to be  :-[, so I may have to step it up on that front.
zenithian
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2016, 04:00:58 AM »

Quote from: Joe2000 link=topic=7897. msg108437#msg108437 date=1470223480
Its great to hear to doing well. 
Can you tell us how long did you take to walk upstairs after finishing lengthening?

Yeah this please lol.  I've heard it takes a long time but it would be nice to hear it from someone who has first hand experience.  It has been a year, when do you expect to have the nail removed?
ibuse
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2016, 12:47:10 AM »

Prep Thus Far
So I emailed Irene last week about a June/May surgery for next year since my passport just arrived.  It's still too early for the visa invite, so I probably won't have the invite initiated until spring.  I had them write my name down for now.  I'm doing three sets of each stretching exercise in the forum's sticky for 30 seconds on each side every night.  I'm also doing three 30 second sets of the toe stretcher device that Stripes linked to in his diary.  I may focus more on the toe stretcher since it isolates my hamstrings.  The stretching exercises in the sticky mostly focus on the upper legs, but I figured everything was interconnected and should do them anyways.  And I confirmed with Irene to not go crazy on working out my legs, so my exercise routine is all sorts of screwed up right now without squats and deadlifts.  I am still recovering from a brutal chest surgery that I had almost two months ago, so I haven't done much weights (I have steel bars in my chest for a deformity).  I should be full weight bearing in a couple of weeks, but hopefully the bars won't scare the team from doing the surgery.  (I don't see why it would but you never know. ) The surgery was mostly a test to see how well I did with a major surgery.  It was mostly cosmetic, but it gave me a very good sense of how my body reacts to pain and recovery.  I did very well compared to the other patients so I am praying some of that transfers to this surgery.

Money Goal + Backup Loan?
I should meet my monetary goal by the time I initiate the process, but just in case, did any of you guys from the states sign up for a private loan? I want to have backup cash just in case.  I hear there are loans that only inject money that you need at the time instead of receiving it all at once.  I just want to hit a button and boom get 10-15k of loan money in case shi* hits the fan (that's not my credit card).

Body Types and its Potential
One thing that still seems to be a grey area is how different body types lengthen.  I myself am a pure ectomorph.  I can wrap my hand around my wrist to give you a sense.  Do you guys see a difference in recovery/the amount one can lengthen based on body type or is it pretty random?
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2017, 04:56:36 PM »

I wanted to give an update to my status since I have not posted for a while on this thread. I don't think about my height anymore, so to be honest these sites have slipped back in my mind.

As far as my condition and recovery, I walk perfectly, I traverse steps both up and down with no issues or awkwardness, the same does for inclines and declines. I do not run, not that I am unable to, but to make 100% certain I am at 100% consolidation before doing anything extremely high impact. I do however jog(rarely), use ellipticals, bike and swim. I recently got x-rays. my bones are completely in the shape they should be, there is a small (1cm) gap on my right fibula that is still consolidating, but all my other bones are fully there. I expected the recovery to be longer than the usual patient due to the extreme lengths I went to. To have other expectations would have been a bit ridiculous.

As far as how the new height has affected my life, I can say for myself it was worth all the money and suffering. I have regained much of my upper body muscle by doing sitting exercises, so I definitely feel that I have much more presence in groups and crowds. I especially noticed it during the interview for the position I hold now that is a high powered position in the US government. Looking at my coworkers and bosses, it definitely is skewed towards height.

For love life, I was never a forever alone virgin, but after getting to 5'10 is the first time I've ever had women approach me and basically throw themselves at me. I always had to be the aggressor. I have a girlfriend right now. but the way she worships me is nothing like I've ever experienced before (and believe me, it isn't money because I was still broke and unemployed when we met, and even with my job we still split everything 50/50). Maybe it's placebo making me more confident, but honestly I doubt it.

Answering some questions:
@ibtuse I have never heard of any loans like you speak of. I honestly didn't even think about loans for my journey, since it's hard enough to get banks to transfer your own damn money to Russia, let alone loan you money there. As far as the body types. honestly there are SO many variables that I think it's impossible to tell who will have the easiest time. There were guys who did everything right, nutrition, walked and did the leg exercises and still had troubles. Then you have me who played video games the majority of the time and went way past recommended safety limits and while I am not 100%, for what I gained I am pleased.

@zenithian I will have to wait until my fibula is completely consolidated. Even then I want to make sure I am not just fused but I want the bone to be incredibly thick. Speaking of this, my osteoporosis has been downgraded to osteopenia, so all the supplements and working out are helping my bones return to where they should be for natural density (although if possible I would like even denser than average). At this time, I suffer no pain, so I am not in a rush to remove the nails. If I was hurting my opinion would likely be different.

@Joe2000 Walking upstairs was the easy part. I was able to do that easily within a month. Going DOWN is a bit trickier, that took me almost twice the time to comfortably preform.

Finally, one thing I really want to say is listen to the doctor, regardless of who you go to. Most complications are actually the patient getting impatient, greedy or lazy and causing their own problem. If I had done 7.5 like Dr Barinov told me to, I would be 100% done by now. I'm lucky I am still in good condition even though I went an insane length. However, I do not regret it because my mindset was get tall or die, and I understand some of you will consider that sick, and I respect your opinion. But that was how it was for me, and nothing was stopping me.
rjcpm8619
MMT Member

Credibility 1

168cm to 179 using LATN

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »

I also forgot to mention I can lift and carry things with ease, including full loads in my hands and furniture (but I only do it wen absolutely necessary for safety) and that includes up and down stairs and inclines and declines, through rough terrain such as rocks and gravel, ect.
ibuse
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2017, 05:09:50 PM »

That is weird about the body types, I figured the ectomorphs would have the roughest time while lengthening due to their already thin tibias. It's a relief to me, but it seems like no one has nailed down what an easy-to-lengthen patient looks like. I would be interested in seeing the blood-work of those that had an easy time recovering, prior to surgery. That's the only thing I can think of at this point (aside from initial height). Because according to this presentation I watched on vitamin D, it takes the body almost a year to supplement back to a healthy level if one is already deficient. I'm wondering if some of these people are supplementing their bodies before surgery. Hopefully I get approved for surgery in a couple of months, because I already have all of this data on top of a pre-existing condition that should make things interesting. I'm very curious why some patients have an easier time than others like this.
Basil Halkias
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2017, 09:19:42 AM »

my congratulations!!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.