MMT Community
April 28, 2017, 04:26:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: External tibias with Dr. Barinov 2015  (Read 7206 times)
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 08:41:31 PM »

Here is my left leg
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 08:49:20 PM »

I will try to post a video of my walking at around 3cm, with no crutches, and one of my walking now at 9cm.
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2015, 09:50:48 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhCEXSsggDk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhCEXSsggDk</a>
this was around 3-3.5 cm, walking with no crutches
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2015, 10:01:43 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVT6snQtYP4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVT6snQtYP4</a>
Here I am walking at 9cm, this was two days ago I think.
ilizarovgirl
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

Sky's the limit so I am reaching for the stars.

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »

your videos are private and we can't see them

start height: 151cm(4'11.5")
03/07/2009-30/03/2010 Ilizarov frames on tibias,+10cm

current height: 161cm(5'3.5")
31/03/2015-26/06/2015 Ilizarov on the right foot, club foot correction

desired height: 171cm(5'7.5")
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2015, 10:42:54 PM »

Hey,
Sorry about that, try it now it should work.
ilizarovgirl
Certified Member
MMT Contributor

Credibility 12

Sky's the limit so I am reaching for the stars.

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2015, 12:23:39 AM »

Hey,
Sorry about that, try it now it should work.

Nice walking at 9cm Smiley

start height: 151cm(4'11.5")
03/07/2009-30/03/2010 Ilizarov frames on tibias,+10cm

current height: 161cm(5'3.5")
31/03/2015-26/06/2015 Ilizarov on the right foot, club foot correction

desired height: 171cm(5'7.5")
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2015, 12:34:20 AM »

Here is picture of my right leg today while was stretching

Looking good men! You need to comb those hair or maybe cut it #2 Smiley)

jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2015, 02:54:37 PM »

hahaha yeah man, I know we talked about that before... I will do something soon, maybe that #2 on the clippers lol
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2015, 02:59:38 PM »

@ilizarovgirl,  Thank you, I'm still getting back from that nerve pain I had on my left leg but felling good and walking is getting better day by day  Smiley
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2015, 03:05:59 PM »

So this past weekend some of the girls that did correction here came to visit and we had a great time  Wink Wink
I will try to post some pics.
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2015, 03:23:12 PM »

Now is time to get back to the usual routine of walking and stretching....By the way, I did some drinking and didn't feel any weird pain nor infection so i guess as long as is not in excess you should be alright.
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 01:17:12 PM »

Here is a stretch that I do all the time. I also push my knees down to get a better stretch, you'll feel the muscles on back of your legs getting stretched. 
marcello
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2015, 02:09:42 PM »

Quote from: jmoney link=topic=7898. msg105735#msg105735 date=1438808814
You can do whatever lengthening you want, as long as you're doing good, I'm doing great so I did 9cm. . . . Also depends on what your body can handle.  I was thinking of going for 10cm but last week I got a nerve pain on my left leg and I couldn't walk for two days.  So I took that as I sign that I should stop. .  good luck on your goal, 5cm shouldn't be hard to reach :)

hi jmoney,
I should be in Volgograd in three weeks.  Can I ask you why you decided not to do the LON?
thanks,
marcello
marcello
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2015, 02:14:04 PM »

Quote from: jmoney link=topic=7898. msg105743#msg105743 date=1438815512
  I was happy to be back at clinic and see the guys and some of the girls that were doing correction.  Like Rgkey said, it really helps to be surrounded by good people when you are going through this surgery and I couldn't agree more.  The staff at the clinic is really nice and you can see the doctors pretty much everyday, which is a very good thing.  As far as the girls, I wasn't lucky to get any beautiful ones but I had some really cool ones and at least one of them spoke english.  The clinic is small but good enough for what you need to do, I will try to post pictures or you can visit Mr.  placebo's diary where he has some good shots of the place.  The food is a million times better than the hospital but I still don't like a lot of it, I just force myself to eat it. 
  All I did at the clinic was sleep, eat and work; by work I mean walk and stretch.  I did talk to everyone and had tea with the girls blah blah blah but my main priority was always my legs and avoiding contractions.  By this stage I really couldn't sleep much, so nights sucked and went by really slow and I would get up around 6:30 Am to get my day started. 
  I would come out my room around 7AM and sometimes have tea with the girls, if they were up, if not go for a walk for about one and a half hour or two.  After the walk, i would have a protein shake and do some stretching in my room for about one hour and then eat breakfast.  After breakfast, I would do another walk for about two hours and then more stretching in my room.  At this time I would try to rest, pretty much just lay in bed with my foot holders on and close my eyes for about one hour.  Then, I would eat lunch and after lunch do another walk and then stretch in my room and maybe sneak in a small rest.  Then I would eat dinner and after dinner go for my last walk of the day and drink a protein shake and try to sleep, which was impossible.  This was routine in the clinic all the way till now, where I have reached 9cm without any big complications.  Of course some days maybe something would change but i would try to stick to it as close as possible.          

. . . what is the difference between clinic and hospital? location, people, costs.  Do we decide where to stay?
increase
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2015, 02:41:34 PM »

. . . what is the difference between clinic and hospital? location, people, costs.  Do we decide where to stay?

Are you Brazilian?
microman
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 04:27:10 PM »

what did the dictor think of your extreme lengthening goal, given the recomended amount is 5-7cm, didn't he try to stop you?

what is your final tibia and femur length, is your tibia as long as your femur, originally my femur was 9cm longer than my tibia.

i said a while back 5cm was my goal but may upgrade it to 6 if everything goes okay, i think 6 is about the average/typical gain for tibs, id say 5cm is below average gain.
chipsnsalsa
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2015, 08:25:37 PM »

Hi jmoney, nice diary, thanks for the read.

I noticed there are lots of correction patients with Dr Barinov.  This is correction of bow-legs, right? I have bow-legged calves myself.  I'm 179cm which is average height, but I was considering getting the correction and also lengthening 5cm at the same time.  Two birds, one stone.  Do you know anyone who has done this with Dr Barinov?

Take care and good luck with the rest of the lengthening.
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 06:41:06 PM »

hi guys, sorry for not updating sooner. It has been a month and two weeks after my nail surgery and I'm feeling great. Also, I've been home for two weeks now; the height feels really good. No pain on legs and still walking with crutches until Dr. Barinov clears me to drop the crutches. Legs get stronger everyday after you get the nail and, of course, walking gets better also.
  I'm glad I went to this clinic, even though is not the perfect place but for the price and the treatment you get I think it's worth it. Dr. Barinov is a good doctor and will make sure you get good results. So having said that, I would recommend this clinic to future LL patients.   
jmoney
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »

@marcelo, Good luck on your journey, you will be fine and wish we could have met.
  I didn't do LON because I didn't know anything about it, plus I had never read a diary on it. I had read about LATN and fully external procedures and also when I got to Volgograd I saw Prince2 get the nail and recover fine; also my roommate got the nail and turned out great. So I felt really confortable and I honestly don't think that having a nail inside your leg with all the muscles and whatever else stretching, is a good idea because it is not fixed and it can move. There may also be a limit to how much you can lengthen but these are my theories, you would have to do some research to be sure.   
  So this is why I went with LATN, which I think is the way to go if you don't have the money to do the internal procedure.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.