MMT Community
October 24, 2017, 03:50:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: External Hybrid Ex Fix Tibias with Dr PILI in Italy  (Read 36252 times)
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« on: August 28, 2015, 04:18:23 PM »

Hi guys
I would like to share my LL experience.
I had my operation 8 days ago and everything is going well.
I hope you all will support me and advice me while going trough my journey.
Atron
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 05:00:02 PM »

Hi guys
I would like to share my LL experience.
I had my operation 8 days ago and everything is going well.
I hope you all will support me and advice me while going trough my journey.
Nice to hear that everything is going well so far ,please tell more about yourself and the process .
Good luck for rest of journey
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 06:39:40 PM »

Hi Atron

Thank you for your interest
I am an Italian guy that has worked around in Europe.
Since I saw a movie where the main character was lengthened with an Ilizarov frame I dreamed of doing it myself.
Now my dream is reality.
I am 173 cm and would like to get to 180.

I contacted my doctor trough his internet site drpiliortopedico.it in April and after some emails I was convinced to have the consultation which I did in Lecco in his private consultation room.

He explained me the different methods I could use:
internal nail
nail and ex fix
Hybrid Ex fix

It must be the recall of the movie and the fact that the ex fix looks to me to be the safer and maybe the better price to convince me to chose this last technique.

He explained me all risks and benefits of this technique and agreed on a date for the procedure.

The day of my op I presented to the S. Camillo Hospital, presented all blood tests ECG and Rxs.
The gas man  (as my LL doctor calls the anaesthetist ) came and explained how would be the anaesthetics and post op pain killers etc.
Dr Pili came later to have the last talk, check that everything was ready and gave them the "ready to start".

After the surgery I wake up with some little robbing pain.
Dr Pili came to see me when I was back in the room and explained me it was all done and the he would talk to me the day after. Without the anaesthetic drugs making me forgetful. He asked the gas man to give me some more painkillers.
The gas man came to check on me and gave me some more.
They helped and I could sleep nicely that night.

nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 06:52:39 PM »

This is one of the pre op pictures taken from my diary.
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:11:10 PM »

http://9nl.pw/ocgg

This is the link to the video of my first walk with the ex fix the day after the op.
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 07:12:29 PM »

I now have no pain and I am not taking any painkillers.
I hope it will be the same when I start lengthening.

Atron
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 07:33:29 PM »

I now have no pain and I am not taking any painkillers.
I hope it will be the same when I start lengthening.

Nice shape Smiley,I think you wouldn't have problem for your journey with this body.
could you describe some about Dr Pili's methods (internal and external) and prices.
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 08:15:42 PM »

I hope not to loos too much shape waiting for the treatment to finish.

Dr Pili has used a hybrid external circular ex fix. He told me it is an evolution from Ilizarov method.
Instead of whites I have pins and just 2 wires. He explained that this is the reason why it is not painful. In fact the only little discomfort I have from the 2 wires.
He has asked me if I wanted to have 2 osteotomies or 1. With 2 osteotomies it would have been faster but I would have more pins and high risk of having my Achilles lengthened surgically. I preferred not to go too fast and risk less and had 1 osteotomy.

I will start lengthening in a few days and I hope to lengthen to 8 cm.
I will keep you informed on the progress.

nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »

Forgot to say... He charged me around 20.000 € for the procedure.
With nails it would have costed double.

nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 11:38:34 AM »

This is how my ex fix looks like.
As you can see there are just 2 wires.

The rubber helps keeping my foot up and reduces the risk of developing ballerina foot.
bellazio
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 11:10:49 AM »

how is it going? So far you are having a good experience I see.
How was the all process and surgery?
Ho was the hospital you had your operation?
How is your surgeon?
Give as info!
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 02:07:25 PM »

Thank you for your interest

It was quite fast and easy actually. I came to the hospital in the morning around 7 am and at 10:00 I was in the operating room.
All they were doing was carefully explained to me. The hospital is one of the best private hospitals in Italy and I have noticed a few celebrities while walking around.
I have seen pictures of hospitals in Russia and Ukraine and Egypt and this is a completely different story! Maybe just some place in the US or northern Europe  might look as good.
The surgery and the options were all explained by Dr Pili during my consultation. He also gave me some contacts of other LL patients to ask about their experience.
This was amazing as he gave me random names from his database and their stories were 100% real. They also told me of the complications they had.
Dr Pili is a great surgeon and communicated with me perfectly. He explained all possibilities and told me what was the best options for me, internal/external, considering my expectations, my job, what kind of activities I like doing and of course my proportions. He took time to show me different cases and real complications.
Amazing pictures.
He was very realistic and never told me it would be easy. In reality it is actually much easier than i thought before having my operation.
He is definitely not selling himself as he also told me he considers my high (173 cm) adequate and tried to put me off.
He lengthens lots of people with acondroplasia and very short people and children with deformities and said lengthening my legs is very easy compared to that.

bellazio
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »

I heard from him as he operated on the famous "nano  più alto del mondo" (italian for "the tallest dwarf in the word").
This guy is a celebrity in Italy now and Dr Pili operated on Him with Catagni. He is now 30 cm taller!
have a look at thesis link
http://www.iene.mediaset.it/puntate/2015/03/12/agresti-il-nano-piu-alto-del-mondo_9308.shtml
liacara
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »

hey nottootall,
how is your adventure going on?
I'm italian too, and I'm trying to have more information about dottor Pili. Does he use operate femurs with internal nails?
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2015, 11:25:45 AM »

Hi liacara

It goes pretty well I guess.
I started lengthening at a rte of 0.75 mm a day one week ago.
After a few days I had some weird sensation and in the morning I could nor walk well as I had something like electrical pain in one leg. I don't know how to describe this.
I sent a text to Dr. Pili and he replied it was possibly the stretching of nerves and that was quite normal. He said to put the legs up in order to get all the swelling and water out and so I did. It is all gone now.
I also had a problem with one of the wires as it was bit inflamed. I cleaned it around well and took 5 days of antibiotics under Dr Pili advice and that is sorted too.
What else can I say? I have very little pain and just when I do more than usual, and the rest is fine.
I will do an radiograph soon and show it to him.

He also does lengthening with nails, but during my consultation we decided together the best method for me would be external fixator.
Costs, risks and so on put me off internal with nails.

When are you thinking to do your LL?
How much would you like to do?

liacara
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2015, 02:08:20 PM »

ciao nottootall,
I'm really happy that you are doing well. I hope your adventure goes smoothly. I think your electrical pain is normal because nerves and muscles are stretching and they need time.
Can you post your Xrays here?
Are you still in hospital? How is your sleep?

I'm saving money to have my surgery in early 2018 with doctor Guichet but I'm also considering doctor Pili and I' ll meet him next year. My goal is 7-8 cm on femurs with internal nails because I have problem on my feet and bad blood circulation and I'm worried it could be dangerour for tibias.
I like your good attitude, I think it will help you so much.
Good luck, italian friend  Smiley
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 02:23:53 PM »

Ciao

I went home 2 days after the operation. He said I could stay in a nearby accommodation but I preferred going home and he was perfectly happy with this.
He has several patients doing LL or deformity correction and he says he sends everybody home if they wish with no problems as far as they keep him informed.
I keep him updated!
I will post my X-rays when I have them.
You will like Dott. Pili! He will tell you all good and bad of the different treatments.
Ask him to show you pictures of complications too... He says it is really important to be well informed.
How much money is Guchet asking you?

Good luck with your journey and keep me informed my friend
liacara
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2015, 02:34:05 PM »

Hey, I'm glad you are back home. I think you feel better with your family and friends around.I hope you have no pain or discomfort and try to be positive.

Guichet is one of the most expensive LL doctor in the world. the cost is around 65 000 euro and 5000 euro for 1 month training in Milano, if it is necessary. I'll save money, and think I'll need 3 years. Just a silly question. Were you scared before entering in the operating theatre? and the days before? I know it could be stupid, if you are afraid, don't do it. But when I think about surgey I feel nervous ( and I have to wait 36 months,at least  Grin  ).
Anyway, I hope you are doing well without complications.

Ot: your tattoes are great  Wink
nottootall
MMT Member

Credibility 4

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2015, 04:54:59 PM »

Thank you
I still have to finish one of them as you can see.
I was much more scared before doing my tattoo!
I had surgery before and this is less painful and scary than what I had this time.

3 years?? If you do it with Pili you will need to save for just ne year like I did!  hehe
You are the first Italian I know going to Guichet. I think it is because of the difficulties going to France if you need and costs of course.
I have heard Guichet tells you to save at least 75-100.000 as if you have some complications you have to pay for it.
Pili assured me that any complications will be treated for free.
This reassured me a lot!!! Either he has very few or they are not bad ones if he says so.

I have my new X-rays and I sent them to him.
He replied they look good and I can already see a gap and this makes me euphoric!!!
It is so cool the feeling of getting taller.

DO IT AND DO IT SOON
liacara
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2015, 04:19:25 PM »

Good morning nottootall,
you are a brave man. For me is the opposite. When I did my tattoes I was not scared, just excited and liked the sensations caused by the machine Smiley But when I think about surgery I' m afraid. I know that if it is a dream just do it without fear. Am I here the only frightening person :-) ?
I could have surgery with Pili right now, but I must avoid tibias because of some problems on feet and I broke my ankle for a stupid fall when I was parking my motorbike.
yes, Guichet is very expensive but he provides a strong nail and fast recover. And I cannot take a year without working. My job isn't in an office, and have to walk a lot of hours every day.

Doctor Pili looks a great surgeon, young and brilliant. I know he also uses internal method in femors. Hope to read other diares of his patients.

If you agree, you should post your X-rays. How are you doing? Do you have pain?
can you walk with crutches?what about sleeping?

Have a nice evening
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.