MMT Community
April 24, 2017, 05:09:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MattD - External Tibias - Dr. Barinov - 2015 - External Ilizarov  (Read 5178 times)
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« on: October 08, 2015, 05:29:56 PM »

MattD has asked me to start a diary for him. Congrats on beginning your journey.
MattD
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 08:59:37 PM »

Hey, I'm new here just like some of you, a few months ago I found out about LL and have decided to take the leap whilst I'm young.     

I will be telling my parents about my upcoming surgery and plans this december after I've taken a week away from my part time retail job, once they see my plan and understand that it's already in motion they will either support me or. . .  I'll have to tell you when I find out, until then I'll be working and saving.  If they choose not to support me, I have a back-up plan which shouldn't delay my surgery time this June.      

Some relevant information about myself -
Wingspan: 171cm
Starting Height: Around 170cm
Best scenario gain: 10cm
Passable gain: Anywhere between 6-10cm depending on my body.     
Doctor's Name: DR.  Alexander Barinov
Appointment: June 2016 (the day will vary as I will apply for my Visa in April 2016.      
Method: External ilizarov frame of tibia with LON

Bellow is a chart explaining my expenses.  I will be accumulating my own money as well as taking out a personal loan, the amount depends on whether my parents support me or not. 
 - LOANS -
I prefer to pay back a loan for 5+ years being taller over paying the same amount into a savings account whilst being short and unhappy.    

Thank you for your time, my hope for starting this diary sooner than last minute is to find others who may be heading to Volgograd, my real fear is that I may go through this experience alone.   

Best,
MattD

20 year old UK Student - Currently measure -> 169cm and 170cm in the morning.   Going for 9cm increase on TIBIAs External-LATN with DR. BARINOV.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »

Have you contacted them already and why have you chosen for Dr. Barinov ?
MattD
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 10:03:57 PM »

Hi Arch,
Yes I have already emailed and asked for the prices and if it were possible to go.   The woman Irene Lisovenko let me know that I may need to stay for 5 months to do 8-9cm on my Tibias and my visa will only last me 6 months which means that I would have to come home to the UK during consolidation, so it is recommended for me to do LON instead of taking the ilizarov frames with me.  

I decided to choose DR Barinov because of Rgkey's positive diary as well as a few other things including price and credibility on this site.  

Best,
MattD

20 year old UK Student - Currently measure -> 169cm and 170cm in the morning.   Going for 9cm increase on TIBIAs External-LATN with DR. BARINOV.
Mr.Placebo
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 12:16:19 PM »

Hi Arch,
Yes I have already emailed and asked for the prices and if it were possible to go.   The woman Irene Lisovenko let me know that I may need to stay for 5 months to do 8-9cm on my Tibias and my visa will only last me 6 months which means that I would have to come home to the UK during consolidation, so it is recommended for me to do LON instead of taking the ilizarov frames with me.  

I decided to choose DR Barinov because of Rgkey's positive diary as well as a few other things including price and credibility on this site.  

Best,
MattD

I recommend LATN over LON. LATN is faster and has a better track record.
Also, realistically 9 cm would take about 6 months.
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 01:50:06 PM »

Hi Arch,

Best,
MattD

What makes you or Irene think that LON is faster than LATN?

Your explanation doesnt make sense to me: You say you will need 5 months for 8-9 cm. Your visa goes 6 months. So you have one month more than you need. So that is good.

Then you say you have to go home for consolidation. That is also true no matter if you do LON or LATN.

But you take this explanation and say that is why it is recommended for you to do LON because with LATN you would need to take the frames home Huh?

Does anyone understand his explanation?

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 02:10:02 AM »

Prince,

I think he was comparing external vs lon in his previous answer, regarding consolidation at home.  He may be unaware that Barinov offers all 3: External only, LON & LATN.

Initial Height: 175cm  |  Wingspan: 180 cm  |  Sitting Height: 95 cm
prince2
MMT Contributor

Credibility 36

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 11:40:28 AM »

Prince,

I think he was comparing external vs lon in his previous answer, regarding consolidation at home.  He may be unaware that Barinov offers all 3: External only, LON & LATN.

Yes you are right Smiley I misunderstood. For me it was clear that he will not do external only because he wants 8-9 cm.

Well, he should think about LON vs. LATN. Of course external only does not make sense...

Starting height: 163.5 cm
Lengthened: 8 cm
Current height: 171.5 cm
MattD
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »

I apologise for not being clear enough in my previous posts, I was aware they offered all three options (LON, LATN or FRAME).    I wasn't however aware of the difference between LON and LATN, I only knew from a post on a different forum that they are very alike and both require three surgeries each.    I would like to know more of course before I choose, can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.  

Also here is a picture I modified, I have posted it on the proportions thread already but I think it belongs here in my diary.   

I will also post some before images of me and my girlfriend and some friends at my current height so that after my lengthening,
you'll have a good comparison, I haven't seen many of these except in AndrewShizzels diary.   

Best,
MattD

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2015, 07:54:53 AM »

LON = Lengthening Over Nail
LATN = Lengthening And Then Nailing

http://www.The Troll Forum.com/index.php?topic=95.0

Devil
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2015, 08:07:28 AM »

Oops, I just googled a breakdown of each so I could link it for you and didn't realize the link was for the other forum. 

This one should work:

http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4938.0.html

MattD
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2015, 11:12:45 PM »

Thank you Devil, that was really helpful.  The LATN method does have more benefits I found, I also re-watched this video of 'Alex' who had lengthening in the US where DR MAHBOUBIAN used the LATN Method, I'll still be looking further into this but so far I am convinced that LATN is better overall, Less chance of infection and faster recovery.      

Video to Alex's lengthening part III
(I would assume most people on MMT have seen this, but incase you're new) 

https://youtu.  be/lcNG-pY8EXI

Best,
MattD

MattD
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 12:34:25 PM »

It's been three months and I haven't been employed, I'm currently studying at University and still plan to take a year out next year for my surgery.  I hope to find some part time work and begin to save asap because I need a minimum of 6 months working and saving before I can ask for a bank loan.  Has anyone else taken out a loan for this surgery? What do I say to them, do I say it's for corrective leg surgery? Thank you. 

Best,
MattD

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 05:44:52 PM »

Dear MattD,

A loan for cosmetic surgery is equally the same as a loan for 'Personal Loans"
Once you do LL you'll have to make sure you will be able to pay off your debt in time, so this means you'll need to work right after your LL.

I am currently working in a building company, so I will not be able to work for a couple of years.
I have decided to be patient and work a year more to save up enough for the procedure.

You'll just have to work VERY HARD, work so hard you'll make twice the money, it'll be worth it.
Nerdz92
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2016, 03:58:13 AM »

Hi MattD,

I am also interested in doing LL with Dr. Barinov in June 2016 as well.

My goal is 8 cm on tibias with LON or LATN. I don't want to be in frames for a long time.

current height: 175 cm
goal height: 183 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
expected surgery date: 6/2016
MattD
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2016, 06:48:47 AM »

Hey Nerdz92,
Unfortunately I've had to push mine further back, I currently have only saved 2,000 and need at least 5,000 before I can request my loan. Do you have skype? I don't know about you but I would prefer to know some of the people in Volgograd before traveling there. Smiley

Best,
MattD

Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 01:30:45 PM »

I plan to go to dr.barinov in may next year. I believe arch is aiming at September to October. Maybe we will see you there. 

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 05:46:22 PM »

Are there any updates MatD 😃

What about you Nerdz?
ibuse
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 08:17:18 PM »

I'm shooting for May/June of next year in case you guys want to coordinate nitty gritty details (because it sounds like there are a lot).  I guess I could do it now if I went the loan route, but I'll probably wait until I have another year's worth of savings first. 

I am still kind of in the research phase of stretching/preparing for this.  I've been following Stripe's journal for the prep work, since I want to lengthen 9-10 cm.  I still need to work out some kinks.  Aside from sticking to an effective stretching routine, I've been trying to figure out a workout program which skips legs (yes, now I'm one of those guys, haha).  I also need to do more research on nutrition.  I know Stripes laid out the supplementation while one is lengthening.  But I want to be sure my bone health and blood levels are okay before lengthening.  For example, I've heard from one presentation on vitamin D3 that if you're deficient, it can take up to a year to get up to a healthy level.  That's something to keep in mind.  It's just a lot of small stuff like that I want to be prepared for to mitigate some of the risks.  It'll definitely require some sort of project plan  :-\.
Kraken
Lurker

Credibility 0

Highly Self-Critical Male

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2016, 06:20:08 AM »

I'd like to undergo this surgery as well.  However I don't currently have the finances or the fearlessness to undergo such a procedure just yet.

My kudo's goes to you guys who are undergoing this.

Stats:
Current Height: 5' 7.   25"
Desired Height: 5' 11" - 6' 0"
Weight: 150 lbs
Race: Caucasian
Body Type: Average, Average Frame
Plan: Saving Money, Considering Ilizarov by 2018-2019
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.