MMT Community
July 24, 2017, 06:36:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Please spread the word and invite people from other Leg Lengthening forums to join us - this is a professionally-run forum and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening - all are welcome - there'll be no delays in signing-up either, unlike some other forums! Wink

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mgibson77 - Internal Femurs - Dr. Mahboubian - 2016 - My PRECICE Journey  (Read 9081 times)
mgibson77
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 04:20:43 AM »

Update:

Walking has been both exciting and challenging. My left leg was weaker than the right one but both are almost at equal strength now. I'm however not able to walk that much further but I expect things to improve gradually. I can feel my own weight on my legs and lower back - they they feel heavy and get tired easily. I've realized that if I do more strengthening exercises on my legs then I'm able to walk and bear weight a bit more because the legs are stronger with more exercises.
However, more exercises also lead to soreness so you've got to balance things out.

As stated earlier, I started walking on Friday, 6/17/16. On  Tuesday 6/21/16, I was able to complete one trip around my apartment complex. Complex is about 100 meters on each side so 400 meters. But my calves felt extremely sore the next day so I took it easy the following two days. Following some PT on Thursday, 6/23/16 the soreness is gone down and I'm also gain more flexibility. I can now move my hips in circular motion standing up similar to doing a hula hoop. This wasn't possible before. 

mgibson77
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 02:42:36 AM »

Recovery's going well. So far, no setbacks - just a few challenges. Those have to do with the left leg which continues to be weaker than the right one. At times, there's minor pain either leg, more so in the left but that's expected. I don't take pain meds at all.
Overall, both legs have gained good strength: I can go up and down the staircases in my three story apartment building. I've also been shopping a lot for new shoes and clothes :-) walking from one store to another in a big mall. After some time, legs get tired but not painful so I assume over time, full strength will return.

My PT folks say not to run yet. I've asked the doctor for an x-ray order so the PT guys can do one more x-ray to determine how far the bones have hardened before doing running and jumping exercises.

BelowTheMean
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2016, 11:19:18 PM »

Just caught up on your diary.. hadn't checked the site in months. Congrats on finishing lengthening and good luck on recovery! I'm sure you've already stopped thinking about not reaching the full 8cm, but my comment is that I don't think you'll notice that last half an inch at all! I actually don't plan on doing the full 8cm when I do it, especially if it starts getting much more difficult after 5-6cm. I'd choose the faster recovery over literally pushing my muscles and soft tissue to their limit.
mgibson77
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2016, 08:15:55 AM »

Yeah, after a while you just let it go.
When are you doing your surgery? Good luck and be strong if you've already done it.

As a small update in months: I'm doing quite well. Sometimes minor pain in the skin on the inside of my  right knee. This area was under a lot of tension during lengthening and that's also where I nerve pinch the most at the time of lengthening. But this pain is not regular and it doesn't require any pills. I expect it to go away eventually so I"m not worried about it.

I travelled to the East Coast( from Cali) in July and then to Africa in August and September with no issues. I however have to keep doing my physical therapy routines because the femur muscles get tight every now and then if I'm not active. This is no burden because its like having to workout two or three times a week which is normal for many people. Without the surgery, I would be exercising at the frequency or more anyways. I can run but not quite well yet and frankly, I've not rushed it to run at all because I don't know how strong my bones are at this point. My next schedule to see the doctor is in December so I'm waiting till then to get the green light for high impact activities including running jumping and possibly soccer....again.

cheers!
PaprikaLeapt
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2016, 07:04:21 AM »

Hi!

1.  Apo said he would have gotten rods put in right after finishing.  Did you? Do you agree? What does your doctor think?

2.  How long do you need to wait roughly in between doing the second leg lengthening surgery (if you were to do it)?

Apo's original message:
"#2.  I would have had titanium rods put in as soon as I finished lengthening my femurs.  I have generally thought that the additional cost and trauma of swapping out your lengthening nails for titanium rods wasn't really worth it, but if I was trying to recover as fast as possible, I would have had titaniums put in and been walking without crutches around 3-4 months after my initial surgery.  I could have then gone back and done my tibias six months after I finished lengthening my femurs. "

3.  How do you intend to explain to future employers what you did during this leg lengthening time? Do you think non government companies would be unable to find out? Seems like Google or Microsoft or companies with resources would at least have the physical capability to find out or your facial expressions could betray you if you tried to lie.

4.  If God forbid you had a future lover different than your current, and she finds out about the leg lengthening either by scars or by finding out by talking to people, what would you say? Even if you don't care what other people think, you would still have to say something if asked. 

I still think leg lengthening is the best choice, but I am just curious about what you think are the optimal responses to the above.  I think LLers might bump into the above and they are questions
Girl12017
n00b

Credibility 1

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2017, 04:11:39 AM »

mgibson77
I am impressed with all your progress and preparation.  I hope it all worked out well for you now in 2017, I just completed my procedure and looking to start my own diary, and yours is a great example to follow. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.