MMT Community
April 27, 2017, 08:33:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: IMPORTANT: If you're new to Leg Lengthening, then Click Here! to start with our FAQs section, which contains the answers to all of the most common questions! Please read these important FAQs before posting new questions!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walking Tall Dr Sringari  (Read 17036 times)
Ike
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« on: February 03, 2016, 02:51:38 PM »

This is walking talks diary
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

Started chasing my dream!

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 03:56:42 AM »

Thanks bro for creating a diary on behalf of me!

Starting height : 5'3"     Dream Height  : 5'6"    Operated on : Jan20,2016
Lengthening started on : Jan30,2016   Frame removed on : May05,2016
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:22:03 AM »

I am 31 years Indian male working in USA. I am currently 5’3”. I am aiming to add 3” more so that I can reach the normal Indian height of 5’6”. At 5’6” I will not consider myself as short and I can start doing things freely. Also people will not make fun of my height and I really want to get out of that ring.

I started researching about Leg Lengthening 3 years back. I ruled out internal method (though it has many advantages when compared to external) starting itself as it is too costly and I will not be able to save that much money. So my option was always external and started reading lot of Dr. xia patient diaries (jack0death is the first diary I finished reading which is an impressive diary) and was trying to understand how LATN (Lengthening And Then Nailing) works. After going through few diaries, I saw Dr.Sringari patient diaries have started coming up. It was interesting that the method used was LON (lengthening on Nailing) and only one operation is performed in this case. Sysop has posted a link on the topic STUDY ON EXTERNAL FIXATION WITH LON. I went through the content in that link. Also Sysop has expressed his opinion that this is the only way to do lengthening with external fixator. So finally I decided to go with this approach. BigFaker’s diary helped me to choose the doctor. He has posted a detailed analysis on his consultation with three doctors and he went with Dr.sringari. So I finalized my leg lengthening will be in India with Dr.sringari with LON method. I am really grateful for this MMT forum which has so much information and real patient diaries which help you to make your decision and achieve your dream. Thanks a lot!

I contacted dr.sringari on Sep 2015 and asked for the dates around 2nd or 3rd week in Jan2016. He told dates are available on that time. After general discussion about me and surgery I asked how the payment should be made. He told I need to pay 2000$ and confirm the date(can be flexible) and rest of the money can be transferred before 2 weeks of operation. I paid 2000$ in Oct2015 and told I will be coming in 3rd week of Jan2016. I paid remaining 13000$ in first week of Jan2016. I reached Delhi, India on Jan17 10 AM.

Diary will be continued….

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 06:11:11 PM »

Great, hope everything will be fine!
Another diary of Dr Sringari, damn there's lots of them Smiley
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 12:03:10 PM »

Jan17 - 10.30 AM Harry came and picked me up. It took 45 mins to reach the apartment. He showed me the room I will be staying. Then Harry introduced me to Yuu. We had a chat for some time and I went to my room. Harry informed me in the evening that my appointment with dr.sringari will be on Monday Jan18 evening 7 PM.

Jan18 - Meeting with dr.sringari went smoothly. He asked me how much I want to lengthen. I told I need 7.5 – 8 cm. He smiled at me and said 6 cm is the safe limit and that’s what I would suggest to lengthen. I told yeah sure but I am looking to lengthen 7.5 cm and would be really happy to achieve that. He smiled at me and told he wanted to check my legs. I lied down and he checked the flexibility of my legs. He said my legs are flexible. Then I woke up and sit and he asked me are you prepared for this. I told yes. Then he told ok, surgery will be tomorrow (Jan19) afternoon and eat before 8 AM and then don’t eat anything.

Jan19 - I had my breakfast at 7.30 and made myself ready at around 9 AM. Harry called me around 10 AM and told that doctor has an emergency and the operation cannot be done today. He told he will update me once doctor is out of emergency. Harry called me in the afternoon and told that operation will be tomorrow (Jan20) morning and don’t eat anything in the morning.

Jan20 - I went to JAIN hospital at 11 AM. I felt the hospital is so small from outside. But the room I stayed was big and comfortable and service was good. They took x-ray, ECG, Blood test and shaved my legs. By 1 PM everything was done and I was put in IV. 1.30 PM a nurse came in and took me to Operation Theatre. There were already 2 doctors and 2 more came in as soon as I entered the OT. I asked myself do I really need this? I told myself yes you need this and be strong. One doctor gave me anesthesia and whispered in my ears that pain part is over. Then dr.sringari came in with a smiley face and asked me how are you? He told everything is going to be fine. They put a green screen over my chest and started with the operation. I was half awake and I could hear their voices in between but did not feel anything in my legs. Overall I felt like I was awake for 15-20 mins and next I woke up in my room in the evening around 6 PM. Harry came and visited me at 7 PM and left. Then I had soup and nurses gave me some tablets for swelling control and pain relief.

Jan22 - I have been discharged from the hospital and went back to apartment.

SomeAsianGuy
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Hello

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 12:46:13 PM »

Nice diary bro! How are you feeling?
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 04:38:46 AM »

Thanks SomeAsianGuy!. I am feeling good. Getting better day by day.

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 05:22:01 AM »

Hospital room I stayed in

My room in the apartment

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 05:59:17 AM »

Jan23-29 – Harry gave medications for pain relief, stomach relief and antibiotics. I was taking lot of rest. Pain was more and was taking the medications harry gave me. Also I started getting pin cutting pains on 2 of the pin sites. But everything have dropped in 5-6 days. Also I felt my right leg is lighter and left leg is tighter. I told harry he said its ok. I was given a rubber band and harry asked me to start doing band exercise. Jan28 dr.sringari and harry both came together and dr checked my legs and fever levels and told I am doing well. I also told him my left leg is tighter and he said its ok and it will become lighter. I asked him when the bandage will be removed. He asked harry to remove it tomorrow. Jan29 harry came in the afternoon and removed my bandage. Caretaker boy helped me clean my legs with hot water and applied coconut oil.

My legs with the heavy frames,

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 01:32:58 PM »

Jan30 – I was very excited about this day and been waiting for this day since my surgery. Yes, this is my first lengthening day. Harry came in the afternoon and showed me how to lengthen. 3 screws on Left and 3 on the right I need to turn. He showed me how to turn with couple of screws. I did for others. He made marks on the screws and told after the fourth turn the screws should be on the marked position. We did all four turns at once on that day. From next day it is four turns with 4 hours gap. Also harry told do band exercise before each turning.

Jan31 – Woke up at 7.30 and did band exercise. Then turned at 8. Brushed and had breakfast. Then went to restroom. I browsed for some and made some calls. 10.30 to 11.30 I laid down and took rest. I did not sleep but closed my eyes and rested myself. 11.30 again did band exercise and turned at 12. 12.30 lunch was served. I watched some videos and had my food. Around 1.30-2 Harry came and gave physio (we had a chat during physio). He held the feet and try to give some stretch. It was little bit painful but had a good stretch. He said it is important to have this physio and it will help when we start walking. After physio harry asked me to do leg raising workouts. Raising leg straight, side raising and sit and raising the legs. He asked me to do 10, 10 & 20 counts. I was able to do it. By the time completed all these time was 2.30. Then I took rest till 3.30. Then did my band exercise and did my 3rd turn at 4. I had my protein supplement after that turn. Then browsing, watching movies, songs, etc till 7.30. Again I did my band exercise and turned at 8. Dinner was ready but I told the care taker boy give me dinner at 8.15. Before lengthening I was having my dinner at 7.30. Had my dinner and tried to sleep at 9.30.

From feb01 to till now schedule is mostly the same. Sometimes I woke up little bit late and the turning was delayed accordingly. Tightness in my left leg gone away. My both legs are feeling lighter now. Last 2 days I feel pain on my right leg. I told harry and he said its ok. Right now my only challenge is getting sleep at the night time. I am not able to sleep due to discomfort caused by frames on the leg. I am sleeping at 4 or 5 AM in the morning.  Yuu gave me melatonin. I tried it but still it takes long time to sleep.

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 02:17:37 PM »

Lets talk about food. Food is good in taste. But they served only Boiled Eggs with toasted bread slices with milk for breakfast, Egg fried rice, chicken curry with rice, egg curry with rice, grilled chicken with veg fried rice for lunch or dinner. Seems like the menu is designed based on the international patients. I told harry I can eat chicken or egg every day. I asked him can you please add Dal, Chole (chana curry), Rajma(red kidney beans curry), Aloo mutter (potato peas curry) to the meals. He told he will inform the care taker boy and they added those items. So I am not bored with food and it is good.
sometimes I ask caretaker to bring bread omelet for breakfast rather than boiled eggs with toasted bread.Also I bought myself breakfast cereal box. when bored I will eat that.

Breakfast

Egg Fried Rice

Grilled Chicken with veg fried rice

Chicken Curry

Egg Curry

Dal curry with paratas

One day I asked care taker boy to prepare Briyani and he prepared for us. It was very good.

I need curd with my meals. So I give money to caretaker boy to buy curd and add to the meals. Also I eat one apple, one banana and little bit grapes every day in between my meals. Caretaker boy goes to the nearest market everyday. so I give money and get whatever I need additionally.

SomeAsianGuy
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Hello

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 12:15:09 AM »

Those meals look delicious! Do you plan on lengthening your femurs after recovering from LL?
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 01:56:14 PM »

I don't have any plans for femur lengthening.

Nerdz92
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 02:00:32 AM »

Do you have to use wheelchair to move around?

current height: 175 cm
goal height: 183 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
expected surgery date: 6/2016
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 06:40:19 AM »

I use rolling chair to move around.

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 06:53:57 AM »

Rolling chair I use to move around

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 06:57:57 AM »

I started wearing sandals for last 3 days. Harry told wearing sandals will help avoiding ballerina feet. I feel comfortable wearing sandals as it helps my upper part of the feet stay in position rather than leaning forward.

with sandals

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 07:12:37 AM »

Yesterday Feb13, I took my first x-ray. As of Feb12 I have turned for 14 days at 1mm per day. So out of 1.4cm I was expecting around 1.2cm with losses. I was so happy after seeing my results. I got 1.4 cm on my Left leg and 1.3 on my right leg. 

X-Ray

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »

It is looking so good!!!
Cheering for you brother, hope everything goes well in the future!
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:41 AM »

Thanks Arch! I also hope everything goes well in the future..

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.