MMT Community
December 10, 2018, 08:51:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from MMTA:
"Leg Lengthening is hard-work and shouldn't be considered by the faint-hearted. Physical and mental strength are needed in great measure!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ktala91641's LL Journey with Dr.Sringari  (Read 23083 times)
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2017, 12:37:52 PM »

Hey ktala,

Sorry to hear about your ballerina troubles. How far is your heel from touching the ground? What kind of therapy/exercises have you been trying?

Despite having minimal ballerina at the time, I did have a percutaneous tenotomy on my L Achilles last year, in the same procedure that I had my bone graft and revision nailing. In my case, it was not really worth it, as I have developed stiff scar tissue in the area...and my equinus was not that bad in the first place. It was extremely tender and often painful to touch and stretch for months. I'm only just now --  almost 10 months post-op -- starting to feel better in that area.

Hope things go better for you. Let me know if you have any questions I might be able to answer.

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2017, 08:34:13 PM »

Hi Bigfaker,

I hope you are doing better and improving.

When I stand straight, It is almost 3-4 cm from ground. After doing lots of stretching's and standing, it goes to 2.5 CM.
So, I consulted Dr. Parihar in Mumbai. He seems to be very good and genuine doctor. He is not greedy for money.
He looked at my condition and says my ballerina can go away with doing very hard stretching's and he told me to do for 3 weeks. He asked me to measure in the morning with scale and again evening with scale. He asked me to note down every week till 3 weeks.
He asked me to use belt instead of band for stretching's along with standing, walking and other stretching exercises. And, He also asked me to put the front part of feet on steps and leave the back part in air and stand for few minutes. He was very confident that my equines will go away with much hard work and also was telling why to go for surgery unnecessarily when it can be done with hard work and dedication.

And, as soon as streching's are done, he asked me to wear equinus brace to avoid contracture. Otherwise, the previous hard work will go in vain.

He told that if doesn't get better after 3 weeks, I can go for surgery (Either with Fixator or Percutaneous release).
If it improves, then I don't have to go for surgery and I can continue the same streching routines.

And, I also asked Parihar about Long term weakness related with Percutaneous achilles tendon lengthening. He told me that I can do everything except like long jumps (or) High jumps (or) like a sports person. He also showed me a video of one patient who met with fire accident and she also had severe equinus and he did percutaneous release and she was walking in cast normally.

Questions :
1) Did the equinus go away after percutaneous release ?
2) How many weeks you were on cast and how many weeks did it take to walk after surgery ?
3) How many months its been since your Percut tendon release surgery ?
4) Did u notice any weakness ?
5) Do you have any limping (or) walking/jogging/running normally ?

Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2017, 12:48:15 AM »

Questions :
Not really. The soreness and stiffness made it worse for a good while. Like I said, my equinus on the L was not all that bad...and I'm only just now getting to where my flexibility was without significant pain. It was bad decision, I think...something I made mostly for financial reasons. In my case, I mostly regret it right now. That outlook might change when it's fully healed.
2) How many weeks you were on cast and how many weeks did it take to walk after surgery ?
I was walking (very gingerly on the Alter-G) 4 days after the surgery. I had no cast, just a soft wrap. I kept it on about 2 weeks, just because I was afraid of catching my staples everywhere. The surgery was May 12th. I got off crutches June 1st. I have videos I've been meaning to post since that time. I'll do it this week.
May - Now = almost 10 months.
No. Just soreness/stiffness. I have a video I made specifically about the tendon reaction. I need to find it.
Most of the time, during the day, I walk pretty normally. Early, when I first wake up, EVERYthing is stiff (I'm old, remember  Angry)
I'm just now starting to jog gingerly. I still feel weird doing it. It's just as much a mental thing as physical. I can run full sprint in the Alter-G. Got up to about 7.5 MPH at 48% of my body weight, on my best day so far.

Hope this helps.

External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2017, 01:40:55 AM »

Questions :
Not really. The soreness and stiffness made it worse for a good while. Like I said, my equinus on the L was not all that bad...and I'm only just now getting to where my flexibility was without significant pain. It was bad decision, I think...something I made mostly for financial reasons. In my case, I mostly regret it right now. That outlook might change when it's fully healed.
I was walking (very gingerly on the Alter-G) 4 days after the surgery. I had no cast, just a soft wrap. I kept it on about 2 weeks, just because I was afraid of catching my staples everywhere. The surgery was May 12th. I got off crutches June 1st. I have videos I've been meaning to post since that time. I'll do it this week.
May - Now = almost 10 months.
No. Just soreness/stiffness. I have a video I made specifically about the tendon reaction. I need to find it.
Most of the time, during the day, I walk pretty normally. Early, when I first wake up, EVERYthing is stiff (I'm old, remember  Angry)
I'm just now starting to jog gingerly. I still feel weird doing it. It's just as much a mental thing as physical. I can run full sprint in the Alter-G. Got up to about 7.5 MPH at 48% of my body weight, on my best day so far.

Hope this helps.

Thanks BigFager. This will really help me in taking my decision.
I am 100% sure that you will get better and better with time and the stiffness will go away.
If I want to go for ATL, do u suggest Open Achilles (or) Percutaneous ? It seems precutaneous release did not fix the issue completely for you. What's your opinion on this ?
I will try my best with good stretching routine to fix my equinus. I will consider surgery as my last option.

Thank you

Thank you
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2017, 07:02:59 AM »

When I stand straight, It is almost 3-4 cm from ground. After doing lots of stretching's and standing, it goes to 2.5 CM.
He looked at my condition and says my ballerina can go away with doing very hard stretching's and he told me to do for 3 weeks.
He asked me to use belt instead of band for stretching's along with standing, walking and other stretching exercises. And, He also asked me to put the front part of feet on steps and leave the back part in air and stand for few minutes. He was very confident that my equines will go away with much hard work and also was telling why to go for surgery unnecessarily when it can be done with hard work and dedication.

And, as soon as streching's are done, he asked me to wear equinus brace to avoid contracture. Otherwise, the previous hard work will go in vain.

I forgot to ask:
- What kind of stretches are you doing?
- Are you pressing heels to floor while sitting AND while standing?
- Have you tried standing in hot water? Especially before you start stretching?
- Do you press against the wall? This is a great way to do stretches while you read, watch TV, listen to music, or just rest. I would spend hours a day doing this.
- Have you put a roll or lift under your toes as you stand? This is like a less extreme version of standing on a step (I couldn't do that in India because of my weight...there were no stairs with railings on both sides)
- Did you use sandals in frames? I tried to as much as I could, but they were difficult for me because I have bad circulation and my feet would go numb.

Yes, this happened to me. If you read the part about when I first got home, I lost some of the progress I had made by being too lazy for a couple weeks.

Anyway, keep me posted. Work hard and it will pay off. Best of luck to you.

ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2017, 08:38:27 AM »

Hi Bigfaker,

1) What kind of stretches are you doing?
I stand on steps, press my heel to ground while sitting, standing, band exercises etc.,
2) Are you pressing heels to floor while sitting AND while standing?
Yes
3) Have you tried standing in hot water? Especially before you start stretching?
I never tried standing in hot water. But, before standing, I do put my legs in hot water.
4) Have you put a roll or lift under your toes as you stand? This is like a less extreme version of standing on a step (I couldn't do that in India because of my weight...there were no stairs with railings on both sides)
I am standing on steps. Didn't try the roll (or) lift under toes.
5)  Did you use sandals in frames? I tried to as much as I could, but they were difficult for me because I have bad circulation and my feet would go numb.
I always wore sandals. But, after frame removal, physio was not done and was started after 15-20 days (because of lack of guidance). I developed more equinus at that point. Now, I am suffering.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2017, 04:34:32 PM »

Hi Ktala,

Thank you for still being here!

Could you explain us more about your current situation?

It looks like your equinus have become more worse, could you tell us more?

I'd highly appreciate it!

Thank you!
ShortToMedium
MMT Member

Credibility 0

Chase your dream no matter what!!

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2017, 06:48:27 PM »

Hey Ktala,

Great diary. Congrats for your new height. Hope you will be enjoying your new height and your spirits are high now. When you get a chance please post the diary of your current life style.

Cheeers
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.