MMT Community
October 23, 2017, 10:31:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Check out the new photos in the Proportions section, which include photos and videos of a lady who lengthened by a full 12cm walking and stretching, and a guy who did 8.8cm taking his first steps! Shocked Click Here!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walking Tall Dr Sringari  (Read 21877 times)
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

Started chasing my dream!

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2016, 09:05:08 AM »

Hi Nerdz92,

Email me at walkingtall502@gmail.com.

Thanks

Starting height : 5'3"     Dream Height  : 5'6"    Operated on : Jan20,2016
Lengthening started on : Jan30,2016   Frame removed on : May05,2016
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2016, 01:37:15 PM »

Yesterday myself and Yuu went for X-Ray. I had totally turned 5.7 CM. X-Ray showed 5.6 CM on Left and 5.5 CM on Right.

Here is the X-Ray,

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2016, 01:41:47 PM »

Hi Yuu!
You are a very good friend and always had a nice chat with you. Have a safe journey home. Your diary is truly inspirational. I wish you all the very best and Good Luck. Hope your recovery is fast and start walking soon. Keep us updated.

Take care!!!

Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2016, 02:41:19 PM »

Hey walking tall.

Thank you for the update. It seems your one of the lucky who's who gets almost all of what he turns  Smiley . What did dr. Sringari say about the x ray. I am a little curious due to lack of cloudiness present in your tibia from new bone formation.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »

He has been lenghtening for 2 months, I think it's quite normal there is no bone formation yet.
Give it some time, he is distracting at the perfect rate without any losses.

How is your ballerina and complications, have any Walkingtall?
You are so lucky you have lenghtening this far without any delay ^^
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2016, 01:42:29 PM »

Hi Truespartan,
Dr.Sringari looked at the X-Ray and said the same thing. Callus formation is very slow. If you keep lengthening the bone is distracting continuously. So Callus will be very slow or may not form. I guess once lengthening is stopped callus formation will be good.

I eat lot of milk, Yogurt and 1000mg calcium supplement every day. That's a good source of calcium for callus formation. I also looked at Yuu X-Ray and callus formation was good. X-Rays taken before frame removal did not have a good callus formation. I guess it is ok.

Thanks

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2016, 02:14:17 PM »

Hi Arch,

Yes, I am lucky that I didn't have much losses in my turning. I believe the reason for that is no pin bending. Also I take rest in between from turning to relax my legs and adjust my turning. some days  .75MM  and some days .50 MM depends on how my legs feel.

Ballerina is definitely there. I stand for some days for 10 mins. First I had 2 inch of Ballerina and I was gradually pushing my feet and its reduced to 1 inch. It will go away once I start standing more. If I stand I feel more painful with my legs bcos of so much of pressure on the pin sites and the legs are tight. I told Harry it is very painful and I will start standing after frame removal.  Also I was afraid of pin bending if I stand more.
So Harry started to pushing my feet in sitting position to touch the floor completely. I also do that few more times myself everyday. I feel very confident I can stand more and touch my feet completely in 2 weeks after frame removal. I saw how Yuu started standing and almost he touched the feet to the floor.

No lengthening, no heavy frames on the legs after the frame removal and the legs will feel very light. Just counting my days to remove frames...
Probably 20 more days... Roll Eyes

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2016, 07:27:32 AM »

Hello All,

I had a swelling inside on one of the pin site and it started hurting so bad. Harry took a look at it and told I need antibiotics. He bought and gave me antibiotics and I am taking it for last 3 days. swelling reduced and no pain now. Also my leg was so tight, so I decided to take couple of days off from turning. Apr13&14 I didn't turn. My legs are better and lighter now. From yesterday I started turning .75 again.

Told Harry I am bored with eating same routine food. He told he will get it from outside. This week he bought 2 times from outside. Food was good and tasty.

Harry comes twice a day and provide physio. After physio the legs feel very relaxed and flexible. But it is painful also.  Harry told it is very important to have hard physio so that it will help me walking soon after frame removal. So I am ok with the pain.

Thanks

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2016, 06:02:44 PM »

Walking Tall, mind giving me your email (fake or real) so I can contact you, I have some few personal questions.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2016, 06:17:45 PM »

Nevermind, saw the email above, sorry!
Nerdz92
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2016, 04:33:35 AM »

Hi Nerdz92,

Email me at walkingtall502@gmail.com.

Thanks

Hi WalkingTall,

I sent you a personal email a while ago but have not received anything back. Would love to talk with you!

current height: 175 cm
goal height: 183 cm
wingspan: 184 cm
expected surgery date: 6/2016
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2016, 06:57:38 AM »

Hi Nerdz92,

I check my emails often and have not received any email from you. Can you please send it again?

Thanks

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2016, 06:13:40 AM »

Hello All,

So far I have turned 6.7 CM. Last week I didn't turn for 2 days due to tightness. Also I was down with Cold. I took some medication for cold and I am better now. Turning .75 MM a day. Right now I am thinking of stopping lengthening after reaching 7.3 CM so that with loss I reach 7 CM. Legs are becoming so tight and I don't want to push it more. Also I don't have more time. I am planning for 4 weeks of Physio after frame removal so that I can walk with crutches comfortably. So I might stop lengthening after this week.

Thanks

Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2016, 12:29:54 PM »

Hey Walking,

Congrats on almost being done.

How are you measuring your distraction? Do you guys still use the measurement of the radiology guys at Privat? It seemed like their magnification always exaggerated the amount of gain. Do you guys use a wrench or piece of metal for reference?

Most of the guys in our guest house did not get quite what they expected. You may lose more than just 3mm (~4%). I lost about 26% of my turn, due to compression and pin bending.

I totally understanding stopping due to tightness and time constraints. It's a prudent thing to do...but I just wanted to prepare you...especially since this will be your only lengthening journey.

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2016, 05:06:14 PM »

Hey Bigfaker,

Thanks for your info on measuring. I will keep that in mind before taking the final decision to stop lengthening.

Yes, we are using the measurement of the radiology from Privat Hospital. I never cared to use any other reference to measure as I thought measuring thru Radiology will be almost correct.

Sorry for your loss of 26%. It is very difficult to lengthen and losing about 26% is very painful.

Harry told me not to do any walking or other activities during lengthening as there is more loss due to compression and pin bending. He suggested only to stand for 5-10 mins. All of my X-Ray measurement were almost equal to what I have lengthened.

Tomorrow I am planning to take an X-Ray and decide to stop lengthening or not. I will post the results once I have the X-Ray.

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2016, 11:55:25 AM »

Here is the Xray taken on Apr30

As per X-Ray Right leg shows 7.1 CM gain and left leg shows 6.8 CM gain. Harry suggests to turn 3 more days on the left leg and stop lengthening. I am not turning today as my left leg is so tight. From tomorrow I will turn 3 days and stop lengthening. Hopefully frame will be removed this week. Harry told he will check with doctor and let me know.

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2016, 01:34:30 PM »

Dr Sringari does NOT allow weightbearing during lenghtening phase?
Why does he not approve it? All the complications can be avoided during the LL phase .
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2016, 05:39:04 AM »

Well, not "all" of the complications can be avoided.

Dr. Sringari did allow weightbearing during lengthening back in the old guest house, but only for the smaller guys. You can see some videos of guys walking in frames in the early diaries. The doc and Harry did not want me trying that as I was a bit of a test case...and my frames were somewhat experimental. And as I said earlier, almost all of us lost some of the amount we turned due to compression and pin bending. I think one guy turned almost 11cm to gain 8.

I don't recall any specific weight bearing discussion with Sringari (will have to check back), but 99.9999% of it was supervised by Harry. Mosdef, I discussed it with Docs Parihar and Ahuja and their concern was compression. I wrote about that in detail in back in December 2K13....maybe someday the transcript will be released.  Wink

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2016, 08:48:19 AM »

Hi Arch,

Dr. Sringari didn't say I should not do weight bearing. I didn't have any conversation with him regarding weight bearing. In fact after the operation his involvement is very less. He visited me 3 times so far. If we raise any issues then he will come and visit. Once Yuu mentioned he is feeling more pain at one of his pin site near knee and he could not bear it. He visited and took him to the hospital and changed the pin location. If no major issues then he visits us only few times mostly when we take X-Rays. After operation every thing is managed by Harry.

Harry will give good physio for 2 times a day. That really help the legs to be flexible. Apart from that he asked me to stand for 5-10 mins every day once I complete 3 CM lengthening. I was standing for 3 weeks. After I reached 5 CM my legs were very tight and it became very painful. Harry told I should continue doing standing. I never saw Yuu standing during lengthening. when I asked Harry, he told Yuu does not want to stand as it is very painful. But after frame removal yuu felt his legs very light and I saw him standing 30 mins 2 times comfortably. Doing cycling comfortably 1 hour 2 times. So it was my decision not to stand. I told Harry I feel lot of pressure from frames and don't want to stand. Also I don't want to have pin bending and loss. He told it is very important and I said I understand but its ok for me.So it was my choice.

Ballerina and Knee bending are the two main complications I see. Hopefully I will be able to correct these after frame removal in few weeks.

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2016, 04:03:52 PM »

But what is the diff. between Dr Sringari and Dr Barinov external fixator?

Barinov : MUST WALK!! To avoid all complications
Sringari : Less due compression
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.