MMT Community
October 23, 2017, 10:33:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: MMTA has written a book about about his LL journey.  Click here to buy it! Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Walking Tall Dr Sringari  (Read 21878 times)
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2016, 11:44:45 PM »

Also, I do the calf stretch with the strap or belt for a minute on each leg, several times a day. Especially when I wake up in the morning (unless I'm in a rush). When I'm on the couch watching TV, I will do stretches almost the entire time.

WT, you said you didn't notice an effect from this, but you have to give it time...and a LOT of work. I can't say how much this particular stretch (ar any of the above tactics) helped. I think it had to be a combination of all. That's the problem with wanting to glean discrete data from people's experiences. We have to focus on our recovery. Who can risk just doing single isolated things and who has time for controlled studies?

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

Started chasing my dream!

« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2016, 07:56:49 PM »

Hi TIBIKE,

Thanks for your idea of downward looking dog yoga position. But with my current dorsiflexion it is very tough to do it for me. once its get better then I will try to do that. I used to do Yoga and yes it is very good stretch workout.
I am looking to hire physio soon...

Hi Growsoon,
Yes getting rid off ballerina seems to be a very long process.

Hi BigFaker,

Thanks for all the tips and sharing the methods you followed to remove ballerina. Except the paraffin wax and Anti-gravity tread-mill I am doing all other things.
I will try to hire a physio who is working in a facility with anti-gravity treadmill. There are some groupon package also available. But is very far from home.
You are right, Workouts should be combination of everything and should do a lot. We cannot rush the recovery as the body is taking its own time to recover no matter how hard we push....

Starting height : 5'3"     Dream Height  : 5'6"    Operated on : Jan20,2016
Lengthening started on : Jan30,2016   Frame removed on : May05,2016
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2016, 08:33:35 PM »

Its been 4 weeks after reaching US

Walking is much better now. Walking 1 hour daily (Morning and evening 30 mins)
Right leg has improved and calf muscle has grown a bit
Leg leg tightness has reduced 50%. Still 50% tight and ankle is not flexible due to tightness. Calf muscle has grown a bit
Standing daily 1.5 hours
stretching 1.5 hours daily (through out the day)
Ballerina seems to be reduced a bit. A very little. Its very tough to notice but there is some improvement.
My thighs are very skinny. Need to build them.

this is my walking video,

Stretchings,

will do few more stretches by holding the pillar and pressing the feet by placing in the base of the pillar. Calf and tendons will get a good stretch.

Sandbagging and pressing after soaking in hot water

While standing will put 2*20 lbs sand bags on the shoulder and stand. Standing and walking gives the good stretch on tendon and calf than any workouts.

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2016, 08:34:56 PM »

Forgot to post this stretching pic,

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2016, 08:39:52 PM »

Keeping in touch with Harry and updating my recovery. He has mentioned I have improved a lot. Till I get rid off ballerina, seems like I am not going to feel my improvements Grin..

He has mentioned he has opened his website. Anybody is planning LL in india check this website. It also has the contact details.
harrysrehab.com

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2016, 10:11:09 PM »

Hi WT!

I am very happy for you everything turned out to be good, in my opinion your healing process is going great, you walk very good, how come you are still using crutches?

Your ballerina feet is also great, it is unnnoticed to the untrained eye.

Could you post a few pictures of your xray please?

Id like to see your bone formation and how Dr sringari handled the Im nailing Smiley

Have a good day/night!
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2016, 02:45:17 PM »

Hi Arch,

I tried waking without crutch. I could not do it. I felt too much stress on leg and I could not think of making a step. I also tried walking with single crutch. Could not do that as well. It will take long time I guess. Not sure how long...

This is the last X-Ray I took on July04 before coming to US.

Thanks

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2016, 03:50:06 PM »

I have been carefully monitoring all the xrays of Dr Sringari.

Not to accuse him or something, I have no medical background so what I am saying is purely opinion and please don't take it serious!

It is like Dr Sringari always insert the IM Nail random into the tibia bone, sometime's it's in the tibia, sometime just little above (like in this case) and it looks like his nail are always inserted in a bended way.

Could someone help me out or explain why please?

Do you have any complications?
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #108 on: August 15, 2016, 02:24:49 AM »

I am sure Dr. Sringari knows what he was doing and I believe him. If at all it is a problem he would have brought it up when he was reviewing the X-Rays.I would suggest you to check with doctor during consultation. He could be the better person than anybody to answer your question as he inserted the nails in my opinion.

After taking X-Ray I did check with him regarding the nail was bent little bit. He told the nail cannot be bent and it's the structure of the nail. He told my callus formation was good and the role of the nail at this point was nil.

I didn't have any problems so far other than few things mentioned in my previous posts.

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #109 on: August 15, 2016, 04:45:02 AM »

Ho WT,

I am glad everything is fine, youll be able to walk soon.
I forgot to ask a few questions, do you mind?

How did you pay Dr Sringari.
With what method can we pay?
Is there usage of paypal or?

Thanks Smiley
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2016, 01:44:46 PM »

Thanks for sharing your journey with us!

I now might consider doing my LL with Dr.  Sringari.

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2016, 04:39:17 PM »

Btw,

I have bow Legs and I wanted to know if this kind of surgery could help this condition,

as I read a lot of people talking about it but I didn't really understand how it was dealt with.

Regards

Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »

Sorry for my previous question, I got my answer while reading diaries!  :D

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2016, 07:11:49 PM »

Hi Arch,

Doctor will provide his account details and we can do a wire transfer.

Hi El,

I have read in diaries that bow legs became straight and people have height gains bcos of that. Ilizarov frame is created for correcting the bone deformity. So it can be corrected. But everyone's experience is different, though few things are common in this journey. In my opinion just check with the doctor how exactly it can be corrected for your legs that will give a better idea for you rather than from other people experience. Sometimes you might think you will get the same results like them but may not be.

Thanks

El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »

Thanks for the precisions!

Dr.LON
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2016, 08:41:59 AM »

Hi walking tall , hope that your recovery is progressing and you are fine
I just wanna ask you if you tried to take your first steps since your X ray shows a stable nail and good callus formation
Regards
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »

Hi WT

How are you doing!?
It has been a while, can you walk unaided now?

Cant wait to hear from ya!
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2016, 06:46:25 PM »

Hi LON and Arch,

Yes, I can walk unaided now but not comfortably. Its going to take lot more time for me to walk normal as I am dealing with ballerina.

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2016, 07:06:44 PM »

Its been almost 6 weeks no update.

After my last update I was increasing my walking with crutches for a week. Then I tried to walk with one side crutch and without crutches for 2 days. Then I got screw pain and it was severe at the lower screw sites. I couldn't walk a week even with crutches as the pain was hell. Then after a week I was able to walk with crutches but with lot of pain. It took almost 2 weeks for the screw sites pain to go away. Then I started walking more and tried walking with one side crutch. 4 weeks it was going like that. Last week I tried walking without crutches and I was able to do it. It was very difficult but I pushed it. But this time I dont feel pain after that. Last one week I was walking without crutches.

But I cannot walk without crutches straight away. I have to walk with crutches for 4-5 mins then I can walk without crutches for 10-15 mins depends on the stretching pain limit on the legs. I dont feel much bone pain from last week which is helping me to push more for walking. But the stretching pain in tendon, heel are more, but I like that pain.

If I can walk straight away without crutch walking for 4-5 mins from the start itself, then that's a good improvement. But I am working hard to do that.

This is my walking video
https://youtu.be/Obk4mD8slwA

Complications so far,
Left leg ankle is still tight. So the ballerina is not going away.
Left leg ballerina is 4 cm and right leg ballerina is 3 cm
Left leg ankle is twisted little bit.

Though ballerina is 3 CM in right leg when walking it is touching the ground flat so my weight is evenly distributed and its easy to put weight on right leg.
But left leg is tight so still feel like walking in toe and due to tightness, though I push it my feet is not touching ground flat. so it is very tough to put entire weight on left leg.
Not sure when the tightness in left leg will go away and I will get flexibility like right leg.

I can say ballerina is reduced upto 1.5 CM in both legs.

Thanks

fightforit
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2017, 08:54:26 AM »

Hey WT,
where have you disappeared? it has been 4 months since your last post.
please give us an update regarding your recovery.
I hope ballerina is gone by now!

regards,  Smiley
fightforit

Starting Height-161cm | Dream Height-173cm | considering to operate on Tibias-6cm, Femur-6cm|

"perhaps the butterfly is proof that you can go through a great deal of darkness and yet become something beautiful"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.