MMT Community
January 16, 2017, 12:48:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: NOTE: To see all of our content, and to be able to read the diaries and discussions threads, you must be a member and you must be signed-in or they will not show up.

Sign-up now - it's free and you'll have full access to all of our world-leading resources!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apotheosis - Internal Tibias - Dr. Betz - 2011 - Second Time's a Charm  (Read 411428 times)
Apotheosis
International Underwear Model :P
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #1680 on: July 18, 2016, 09:11:15 PM »

hey apotheosis!
did you manage to dunk?
i've been waiting for that video like crazy!!
besides that do you have any news about your physical status?
you look like a beast!
i am very happy for the way you look.
i really really try to find something wrong in your proportions but i can't!!
great job man!!
it seems you haven't updated your diary in along time!!
looking foward to hear your news!

I will dunk a basketball eventually, but I haven't been training properly for it. I've been focusing on other goals of mine. In the fall I'm scheduled to start training with a former NBA player who is a basketball coach now, and I'm hoping he can teach me what I need to know to actually be able to play basketball. Dunking would be nice, but I never really learned the fundamentals of B-Ball, and that's much more important to me.

Leg lengthening seems like the distant past to me now. Its sort of like a girlfriend from Uni that I spent some time with and then we broke up and I forgot about her a few years later. This is my body now, and all of the remnants of LL are gone from me except for the scars on my legs. I may get those removed at some point, but at this point I don't really care.

I don't think about proportions anymore. Some clothes look better on me, some look worse. I dress how I want and I don't really think about whether my legs look long or my torso looks short or any of that nonsense.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

My femur diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,3530.0.html
My tibia diary: http://www.makemetaller.org/index.php/topic,4202.0.h
Complex
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1681 on: July 30, 2016, 03:45:41 AM »

Hey Apo
I read the Thread where you explain what you would have done differently (Lengthened 8.5 cm on femurs and 6.5 on tibias)
The questions I wanted to ask you are :
1) Was there a certain height you wanted to achieve or did you only want to get taller and decided you will see how things will go?
2) Did you do arm lengthening?

3) How much time did It take you to return to sports after having 2 surgeries ?
Kraken
Lurker

Credibility 0

Highly Self-Critical Male

« Reply #1682 on: September 06, 2016, 04:47:57 AM »

How much do you weigh now? Does the fat and/or muscle placement on your body represent the standard for a 6'2" male or does it look somewhat wonky?

I'm not trying to be rude by asking this question I'm just genuinely curious.

Stats:
Current Height: 5' 7.   25"
Desired Height: 5' 11" - 6' 0"
Weight: 150 lbs
Race: Caucasian
Body Type: Average, Average Frame
Plan: Saving Money, Considering Ilizarov by 2018-2019
Mr. Longshins
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #1683 on: September 10, 2016, 02:52:02 AM »

Hello Apotheosis and everyone else.  You truly went through quite a distance.  I too am looking forward to adding about 10 cm in my femurs and 10cm in my tibia.  I know this sounds very crazy and dangerous.  But getting to the desired height believe it or not will open several doors to me.  Right now I'm saving every penny and am super strict on spending.  I do not even want to buy a car yet.  I am 19 years old and have graduated high school 4 months ago.  I look forward to making my own diary as well and hopefully lengthen as soon as possible.  The days look long but the future looks bright as ever.  I hope to post as soon as I can, and good to every future LLer or those currently going through it!!
Shortlegs
MMT Contributor

Credibility 6

Hmm, how to get taller?

« Reply #1684 on: September 10, 2016, 03:56:20 AM »

How many mm would you say we lose for femur lengthening Apo? I ve read enough diaries to understand that you cannot gain the full amount of lengthening doing femur. Did Dr Betz talk to you about this before the surgery?
Mr. Longshins
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #1685 on: September 10, 2016, 09:34:06 PM »

Quote from: Mr.  Longshins link=topic=4202. msg108617#msg108617 date=1473475922
Hello Apotheosis and everyone else.   You truly went through quite a distance.   I too am looking forward to adding about 10 cm in my femurs and 10cm in my tibia.   I know this sounds very crazy and dangerous.   But getting to the desired height believe it or not will open several doors to me.   Right now I'm saving every penny and am super strict on spending.   I do not even want to buy a car yet.   I am 19 years old and have graduated high school 4 months ago.   I look forward to making my own diary as well and hopefully lengthen as soon as possible.   The days look long but the future looks bright as ever.   I hope to post as soon as I can, and good to every future LLer or those currently going through it!!
Sorry, I forgot to add "luck".  Good luck once again 👍
Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #1686 on: September 13, 2016, 04:40:25 AM »

Hey Apo
I read the Thread where you explain what you would have done differently (Lengthened 8.5 cm on femurs and 6.5 on tibias)
The questions I wanted to ask you are :
1) Was there a certain height you wanted to achieve or did you only want to get taller and decided you will see how things will go?
2) Did you do arm lengthening?

3) How much time did It take you to return to sports after having 2 surgeries ?

Hey Complex,

Yes there was a certain height I wanted to achieve at the beginning, but as time progressed and I accomplished a big part of that goal I got greedy. I focused too much on the number and not enough on where my body was. I would do this differently if I could go back and do it again.

I will say this about arm lengthening: anyone who lengthens a reasonable amount in their legs would not have to do it.

I started playing sports about 3.5 years after my first surgery, but I looked pretty awful when I first started back. I was so excited to play that I didn't really care. I've kept copious video records of all of my progress though, and some day I'll probably feel comfortable posting it all online. It's been over five years now since my first surgery and I've been playing sports at a pretty high level for a year or year and a half. I entered into some sporting competitions that I was probably premature to enter into. I will try again in a year or so when I've prepared more seriously than I did before.

Apotheosis

My personal apotheosis to the very best me I can be. Starting height: 171 cm. 9.5+ cm added to femurs. 10.5+ cm added to tibias. Final Height: 189.5 cm +/-

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #1687 on: September 13, 2016, 04:46:15 AM »

How much do you weigh now? Does the fat and/or muscle placement on your body represent the standard for a 6'2" male or does it look somewhat wonky?

I'm not trying to be rude by asking this question I'm just genuinely curious.

Kraken,

My weight stays pretty solidly between 97 and 99 kg these days (215 - 220 pounds). No one can tell that I did leg lengthening, and when I  tell people when I meet them they never believe me. I'm not the standard for a 6' 2" / 6' 3" male because my arms aren't particularly long, but no one would notice unless they were specifically looking for it. I don't look wonky, nor do I look perfect. I look pretty damn good though and I'm comfortable with where my body is. I'm quite fit and athletic, and exercise makes everyone look better regardless of their height.

Apotheosis

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #1688 on: September 13, 2016, 04:49:07 AM »

Hello Apotheosis and everyone else.  You truly went through quite a distance.  I too am looking forward to adding about 10 cm in my femurs and 10cm in my tibia.  I know this sounds very crazy and dangerous.  But getting to the desired height believe it or not will open several doors to me.  Right now I'm saving every penny and am super strict on spending.  I do not even want to buy a car yet.  I am 19 years old and have graduated high school 4 months ago.  I look forward to making my own diary as well and hopefully lengthen as soon as possible.  The days look long but the future looks bright as ever.  I hope to post as soon as I can, and good to every future LLer or those currently going through it!!

Mr. Longshins,

Please follow the advice of your doctor and the veterans on this forum. You can do 10 CM in your femurs, but you would probably be better off doing a maximum of 8.5 CM. I would strongly advise against doing 10 CM in your tibias. Don't get too caught up in the gross numbers. Do more in your femurs and less in your tibias and keep your goals to a safe level. Remember that you will be walking on these legs the rest of your life.

Apotheosis

Apotheosis
LL Legend
MMT Expert

Credibility 387

« Reply #1689 on: September 13, 2016, 04:54:04 AM »

How many mm would you say we lose for femur lengthening Apo? I ve read enough diaries to understand that you cannot gain the full amount of lengthening doing femur. Did Dr Betz talk to you about this before the surgery?

Shortlegs,

That's a great question. I've never gotten a definitive answer for this because I don't think there is one. It is different for each person. You should ask your doctor that question when you have a consultation with them. I know that I lengthened nearly 21 CM and I gained around 19.5 CM of actual height. There seemed to be more loss in my femurs than my tibias.

I did ask Dr. Betz about it, and I'm pretty sure he told me that there are too many variables to know definitively beforehand. Some people seem to retain more, and some less.

Apotheosis

El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1690 on: September 14, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »

Hi Apotheosis,

Just finished reading all the pages, thanks for everything, I learned a lot!

You rock dude!  Cool

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
mathematic
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #1691 on: September 18, 2016, 02:21:04 PM »

Hello apo. can you please share your knowlege by sharing recent photos of your quads and calfs? I remember you being very mascular. i really hope you have gained all your muscles back. that will give to us future LLers that all can be normal after a few years and correct exercise.
Thanks in advance!!
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #1692 on: September 19, 2016, 07:23:31 AM »

Lol, you sound like me when I first came on here. I also wanted 4 inches on femurs and tibs. I got that out of my head after the vets talked some sense into me. Trust me, what Apo did was super rare.

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
Mr. Longshins
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #1693 on: September 19, 2016, 07:03:27 PM »

Quote from: Camoflazh9306 link=topic=4202. msg108653#msg108653 date=1474269811
Lol, you sound like me when I first came on here.  I also wanted 4 inches on femurs and tibs.  I got that out of my head after the vets talked some sense into me.  Trust me, what Apo did was super rare. 
Oh hey! You're my same current height.  And my same desire.  If I can reach 6'2" to me that's perfect.  But 6'0" is what I can live with.  Honestly I've been through plenty emotional situations that will not leave my mind alone.  Being taller was a great solution to most of them, I'm sure.  Perhaps that'll motivate me.  Trust me I'm anxious to get this through
Alex von Buetow
MMT Member

Credibility 0

If you have a dream, do everything for it!

« Reply #1694 on: September 21, 2016, 05:02:12 AM »

Hello Apotheosis (and hello to everybody),

congratualtions for this amazing result!! Lengthening femurs AND tibias is a hard thing, but you've done it!  :o

I've read a lot of diaries here and I have to say: I'm really impressed!   :)
I'll have my surgery on Tuesday, September 27th 2016, in Neunkirchen with Dr.  Betz and I'm very excited. .  but I'm really really thankfull for all these shared experiences, so I would like to share my own in an own diary.   :)
Sadly I don't know how to start one  Huh?

I hope, you're doing well.  I will give my best to do it, too.   Cool

Greetings
Alex

Doing LL on femurs with Dr.  Betz in Neunkirchen (Germany), September 27th 2016 :)
Mr. Longshins
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #1695 on: September 22, 2016, 12:11:31 AM »

Quote from: Alex von Buetow link=topic=4202. msg108674#msg108674 date=1474434132
Hello Apotheosis (and hello to everybody),

congratualtions for this amazing result!! Lengthening femurs AND tibias is a hard thing, but you've done it!  :o

I've read a lot of diaries here and I have to say: I'm really impressed!   :)
I'll have my surgery on Tuesday, September 27th 2016, in Neunkirchen with Dr.   Betz and I'm very excited.  .   but I'm really really thankfull for all these shared experiences, so I would like to share my own in an own diary.    :)
Sadly I don't know how to start one  Huh?

I hope, you're doing well.   I will give my best to do it, too.    Cool

Greetings
Alex
Good luck! Go hard and go strong!
bugsy
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1696 on: September 22, 2016, 02:58:33 AM »

Quote from: Apotheosis link=topic=4202. msg107315#msg107315 date=1452477254
I thought this was pretty interesting.  A month ago an old friend of mine was in town.  I met up with him and some of his friends that I didn't know at a pub.  While we were standing at the bar, my friend asked me if he could tell them "my story", which of course I was fine with.  When he told his friends about my leg lengthening surgery, none of them believed it was true.  He and I used to be the same height before I did LL, so I thought it wold be interesting to show a picture of us standing next to each other:

Apotheosis

Apotheosis,

You look great.  Your proportions look really natural.  I would never be able to tell that your body was not "naturally" this way - wide and tall.  Before all that you went through did you suffer from any form of BDD? if so do you think your BDD is now gone or do you just shift focus on other aspects of your body?
Camoflazh9306
MMT Member

Credibility 4

Waiting....

« Reply #1697 on: September 23, 2016, 04:32:23 AM »

Oh hey! You're my same current height.  And my same desire.  If I can reach 6'2" to me that's perfect.  But 6'0" is what I can live with.  Honestly I've been through plenty emotional situations that will not leave my mind alone.  Being taller was a great solution to most of them, I'm sure.  Perhaps that'll motivate me.  Trust me I'm anxious to get this through

I understand. But 6'2" even for a very motivated person might be very hard to reach. Plus you must take into consideration your proportions. Two inches I don't think makes much of a difference once you're past the 6 ft. mark. I'm 5'7" with regular sneakers on and 5'8" with my boots on, so if I get to 6'0" I'll be 6'1" - 6'2" when I go out anyway. Oh, and if you're serious about this then start making plans and saving up now. You don't want to waste time, trust me. I'm four years older than you so obviously I'm going to reach my desired height later on in life. I wish I was nineteen again, that way I would've at least reached my "halfway" height around the age of twenty-three, but it'll most likely happen around 26-27.

Current height: 5'6''     Aim: 6 ft
Mr. Longshins
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #1698 on: September 23, 2016, 10:51:21 PM »

Quote from: Camoflazh9306 link=topic=4202. msg108691#msg108691 date=1474605143
I understand.  But 6'2" even for a very motivated person might be very hard to reach.  Plus you must take into consideration your proportions.  Two inches I don't think makes much of a difference once you're past the 6 ft.  mark.  I'm 5'7" with regular sneakers on and 5'8" with my boots on, so if I get to 6'0" I'll be 6'1" - 6'2" when I go out anyway.  Oh, and if you're serious about this then start making plans and saving up now.  You don't want to waste time, trust me.  I'm four years older than you so obviously I'm going to reach my desired height later on in life.  I wish I was nineteen again, that way I would've at least reached my "halfway" height around the age of twenty-three, but it'll most likely happen around 26-27.
I'll be cautious.  Thanks for your concern
Alex von Buetow
MMT Member

Credibility 0

If you have a dream, do everything for it!

« Reply #1699 on: September 24, 2016, 03:50:44 AM »

Quote from: Mr.  Longshins link=topic=4202. msg108687#msg108687 date=1474503091
Good luck! Go hard and go strong!

Thanks bro, I'll give my best!
Starting my diary in a view days.
Hope, you give me that kind of motivation, we all need in this situation

Doing LL on femurs with Dr.  Betz in Neunkirchen (Germany), September 27th 2016 :)
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 [85]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.