MMT Community
January 16, 2017, 12:49:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6ix Side - Internal Tibias - 2016 - Dr. Betz - Quest for the Holy Grail!  (Read 7671 times)
wavecrasher89
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2016, 12:07:03 AM »

As always, appreciate your insight on this 6ix side! Glad to hear that you are done with lengthening and consolidation has FINALLY begun! I know it must feel like forever; but man you are a WARRIOR...when this is all done, you will be better & happier...all the girls in the 6 better watch out  Grin

Happy to set up a meet since we are both from the same city. I can't seem to send you a PM for some reason; I guess you are not allowed to send PMs unless you have been posting here for a while. Can you send me your email address (via PM/email) and we can go from there.

All the best man,
Waves
wavecrasher89
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 08:00:42 PM »

Hey 6ix,

Not sure if you have been on here for the past little while. I had a few questions I wanted to ask you in private, but haven't been able to connect with you (because you can't send private messages here). Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to keep a journal and posting your experiences on the forums. I know it can be frustrating to have to defend yourself against people who are extremely biased/don't know what they are talking about. Nevertheless, you have helped many of us (including myself) by giving us an inside look on the whole LL process and giving us the knowledge to make better decisions.

I am seriously contemplating on the femur surgery with Dr. Betz for the femur surgery and one of my biggest concerns with internal LL or any type of LL is the long-term complications. I am not talking about things like infections, broken nails & screws, non-union, nerve & blood vessel damage, pre-mature consolidation. I understand there is a risk with any type of procedure, but with an experienced surgeon like Dr. Betz, these risks can be minimized. What I am concerned is about are long term effects on your body once you are fully recovered. I am referring to things like tightness in your muscles (flexion contracture), back pains, arthritis and etc. I would think that because you are stretching your nerves, blood vessels, and muscles/tendons by such a large extent, you would run into these problems.

Have you had any problems since consolidation & recovery (with your femurs)? Given your medical background and previous experiences as a patient, it would be great if you could share your knowledge and thoughts on this. I know this is something I should discuss with the doctor, but it would be great to get a third-personís (past patientís) thoughts on this matter as well.

Thanks so much & Happy new year!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.