MMT Community
May 23, 2017, 06:53:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ktala91641's LL Journey with Dr.Sringari  (Read 9730 times)
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 02:12:43 PM »

Mind telling us what the expenses are with Dr Sringari?

Thanks in advanced!
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2016, 04:37:55 PM »

Hi Arch,

Initially I contacted Harry after having conversation with Ike and WalkingTall. I paid 2000 USD in advance to Harry before coming to India.
After coming here, before surgery date, Harry asked me to transfer 13,000 USD to Dr.Sringari account.

Total = $ 15,000 includes Surgery cost + 3 months accommodation and Food + X-Ray costs

we have to pay for the internet.

After 3 months, we have to pay $1500 per month for food and accommodation.

WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

Started chasing my dream!

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 08:57:22 PM »

I paid 1600$ per month after 3 months. Pls double check with Harry...

Starting height : 5'3"     Dream Height  : 5'6"    Operated on : Jan20,2016
Lengthening started on : Jan30,2016   Frame removed on : May05,2016
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 01:14:04 PM »

I am having pin cutting pain at this pin in Right Leg:

I am having pin cutting pain at this pin in Left Leg:

It's pretty much unavoidable with external frames. Hopefully you don't catch a nerve along the way. When that happened around my knee, it kept me up most of the night and the only thing to ease the pain (besides Mobizox) was pressing hard on the areas around it to try and cut off the blood flow.

I paid 1600$ per month after 3 months. Pls double check with Harry...
Damn, prices going up. LOL It's still dirt-cheap for LL, though. Hopefully you can get some decent attention/service since there isn't a mysterious "Wizard" behind the scenes taking some/most of the money.

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »

Today, I got my 2nd X-ray.
Total turned: 25 mm (as of 07/26/2016)
X-ray: Right Leg (2.5 CM), Left Leg (2.7 CM).

I got fever 3 days ago and at the same time, I had severe pin cutting pain and stiffness while bending knees. I have taken paracetamol along with pain medication and got relief from fever.
Now, pin cutting pain is reduced. I try to do knee bending exercises once in every 2 hours to avoid joint stiffness. Along with that I am doing exercises recommended by Harry twice daily.

Thank you
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2016, 09:50:04 PM »

Today, I completed turning 31.25 mm in both legs. I have been standing daily for 3 min since 3 days. After standing, I feel more pressure on my legs and I feel pain. I was unable to sleep because of the pain. Also, When I try to bend my right knee (or) try to move the right leg, I feel sharp sudden pain. I am not sure if it is because of nerve pain (or) muscle-tendon pain. Harry says it is tendon pain and it goes away. This happens exactly at this point:

Pin cutting pain comes and goes. And, I am taking Ultracet (Tramadol + Acetamipnophen) twice daily. Is it ok to take that pain medicine daily ? If I miss taking it, then I will get fever and pain and I will become more weak.
My Right leg tight compared to Left leg. No Ballerina at this moment.

And, I heard from Harry that another patient will be coming by end of this month. It will be good to have company of another patient here. I am all alone now.

Harry's website: harrysrehab.com
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2016, 10:08:14 PM »

Why do you only stand 3 mins each day?

Shouldn't you be walking everyday for like atleast 30m just to keep the feel?

Or for your bones to build structure, hope your alright with the tendon pain, it can hurt like a bitc* :d
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2016, 10:14:53 PM »

Hi Arch,

How are you doing ?
Harry told that he will increase the duration of standing day by day. Initially it is tough, but after few days I will stand more.
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2016, 05:48:43 PM »

Today, While sitting down on bed after standing, I felt more pain and it's like lot of pressure is applied on my legs. It was there for few minutes and it went away after a while.
Now, I am turning 0.75 mm/day.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2016, 08:26:07 PM »

Hi Arch,

How are you doing ?
Harry told that he will increase the duration of standing day by day. Initially it is tough, but after few days I will stand more.

I'm doing fine, just working hard to get this LL dream also Wink
Even tho I am scared as fuc* not being able to recover 100%

Keep your diary updated, I'd like to read all of it Smiley
Bigfaker
LL Patient
MMT Member

Credibility 96

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2016, 12:43:06 AM »

Pin cutting pain comes and goes. And, I am taking Ultracet (Tramadol + Acetamipnophen) twice daily. Is it ok to take that pain medicine daily ? If I miss taking it, then I will get fever and pain and I will become more weak.
I wouldn't worry about the Acetominophen part, that's just Tylenol. But although it's one of the weakest opiods, Tramadol can still be addictive. The warning signs of abuse:
  • Pinpoint (very small) pupils
  • Changes in appetite
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Drowsiness
  • Seizures (without a history of epilepsy)
  • Slurred speech
  • Headaches
  • Impaired coordination

I'm sure Harry would notice, but you have to keep watch of your own meds. If you have addiction tendencies, you need to be cautious.

That sounds strange that you get fever without it, though. Have you been sick? You should talk to Sringari about this.

And, I heard from Harry that another patient will be coming by end of this month. It will be good to have company of another patient here. I am all alone now.
That's rough, Brutha. I spent my last six weeks in Gurgaon in almost total isolation. Try to get know the people in the hotel and talk to your family/friends on Skype/WhatsApp etc as much as you can. Broken legs, immobility and loneliness is a sure-fire recipe for depression.

Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morning)
External LON with Dr. Raj Sringari - Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthened: ~3"/7.6cm * Frame Removal 04/17/14
Diagnosed with Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surgery: 02/22/16
Rev. Nailing/Bone Graft/Tenotomy - Loma Linda Medical Center: 05/12/16
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2016, 04:28:34 PM »

Aren't you getting crazy being alone for a couple months...

I know I will, glad there is the internet Smiley
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2016, 01:11:45 PM »

Hi Arch,

I actually do my work in the night time (US timings) and sleep in the morning. I also watch movies, TV Shows to pass the time. I keep myself busy so that I don't feel alone. One more patient is coming this month. He already paid the money it seems. And, another patient is coming in October. If they come, then the time will fly.

Hi Bigfaker,

Hope you are doing great. I am little worried about the Tramadol as it says "Tramadol should be used for severe acute pain only for a period not exceeding 5 days". But, I am taking it twice daily for pain. I am not addicted though. Once I get off from these frames, I will stop taking them. Were you taking the pain medicine daily while lengthening ?
Usually, if I have more pain, I become more weak. I got fever twice till now. Now, I am doing OK.

I understand how hard it would have have been for u to stay alone for such a long time in hotel. I am actually staying in an apartment (caretaker guy stays here too) and I keep myself busy with my work, and caretaker guy is good and talks to me lot. So, I don't feel alone. There will be 2 more patients coming soon and it will more fun here in the apartment.
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 01:42:34 PM »

Aren't you getting crazy being alone for a couple months...

I know I will, glad there is the internet Smiley

Internet here is good. Harry also bought UPS for modem. Even though power goes away, Internet will be there. So, I am happy that I don't have any interruptions while doing my work.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2016, 04:02:23 PM »

What are you working on?
Glad you have a way to spend your time and make it usefull.

How long will you stay in India?
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »

Hi Arch,

I do my office work. And, I am planning to stay in India till December.
WalkingTall
MMT Member

Credibility 3

Started chasing my dream!

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2016, 07:31:51 PM »

Hi Ktala,

You are doing well. Keep it up. If possible stand more. I know it is very painful but try to do that. Though standing is painful it will go away in few mins after you lay down. I stood close to 8-10 mins every time I stood. You can also do that. Try to increase your time. Upto 5 cm you will not see much ballerina and you can stand more. After 5 CM turning the real challenge starts. I didn't stand much after 5 CM turning due to heavy pain and tight ankle in left leg(but should have done that). But if possible keep standing till you complete lengthening.

I took 2 painkillers almost every day. So far no issues. But that is my condition. See how you feel.

Starting height : 5'3"     Dream Height  : 5'6"    Operated on : Jan20,2016
Lengthening started on : Jan30,2016   Frame removed on : May05,2016
Phillip25
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 08:34:30 AM »

Hi Ktala
I'm glad that your journey is been good so far, I'm one of the patients that is coming, I'll be there on 21st of this month.
Cu then
Cheers
ktala91641
MMT Member

Credibility 2

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2016, 01:59:03 PM »

Hi WalkingTall,

Thanks for your advice. I will try to stand as much as possible. Today I stood for 6 min. I will increase the standing duration gradually.

Hi Phillip25,

I hope you are doing great. Good to know that you are coming on 21st of this month. Did u call Harry to pick u at airport ?
Also, I would advise you to buy these kind of side Zip shorts. I bought 4 of these shorts before coming here.

http://adaptiveclothingshowroom.com/adaptive-full-length-side-zipper-knit-shorts/

Also, buy Calcium with Vit D3, Vitamin C, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Protien powder before u come here.

Phillip25
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »

Thanks for the tips ktala!
I'll make sure to get them before I leave.
No alcohol in the tips thou?aha
I haven't talked to harry, Dr Sringari said he will arrange someone to pick me up, which I assume will be harry.
Have a good one mate!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.