MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 01:33:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Words of wisdom from sna78:
"Pain is temporary, height is forever!"

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ssteiner - Externial Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2016 - Stretching in Beijing  (Read 13909 times)
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« on: August 11, 2016, 01:54:44 PM »

Arrived in Beijing two days ago was very jet lagged for two days the heat here is unbelievable. I was sweating like a pig outside. I got xrays and form signing out the way. I went shopping for food but the language barrier is very difficult and i didnt recognise barely anything i was buying. I ended up buying as much sh@t as i did good stuff. The net here is bad and if you dont have vpn you are really stuck. My phone had 40 credit in it and the whole lot disappeared in the space of a few hours and i didnt make a single call or send a single text so fk knows whats happening there. I woke up at 2am the first night i was here and started to think of the things in my life that had lead me here. I started thinking about my mum, my cat and my weight training and strength which has got me through my life this far. My bodyweight has reduced from 103kgs to 80kg and i feel small and weak as hell but i have to do this for me itherwise il either end up dead or in a mental institution, this is something that has bothered me every minute of everyday of my life since i was 15/16 maybe younger i cant recall in truth.

I slept well last night as i was seriously jet lagged. I woke this morning and was preparedfor the surgery. I was wheeled to the surgery room and was staring at the ceiling thinking 'wtf am i doing' anyway i awoke afterwards and i feel as if a tiger tank is sitting on my legs its pretty painful to say the least i just hope i can get to sleep tonight as i dont want this to drag and the more i sleep the quicker it will go. Just trying to think of a year or so ahead when im up and about.

Some very attractive nurses here with pretty faces and good figures which is great
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 05:26:27 PM »

Quick update

Yesterday the morphine was stopped and as it wore off and i felt seriously constipated it was horrible. I was moved to the toilet twice yesterday and only managed to go on the second attempt. I sat on that toilet fir 30 minutes questioning my sanity about doing this. Only a few days before this i was squatting on my hip belt machine in the garage with 280kgs for 20 reps below parallel. The catheter came out as well and it makes you feel like you are pissing acid its fkn horrible.

The internet here is sh@t the tv is utterly sh@t as well, there are olympic weightlifters on tv reminding me of what i cannot do at the moment and reminding me of how atrophied i am. Im still in bed most of the time and get the impression the little nurses dont like moving an 80kg guy around but theyve got it easy in comparison to what i was in April at 103kgs. They are afraid to let me eat in case i need to go to the toilet. I eat nothing in comparison to what i do back home so i think thats contributing to my atrophy. Pain wise my days of rugby and my weight training has made me pretty resilient to pain though this is worse. Prior to coming here i drastically changed my training and diet, i started eating twice a day instead of 5-7 times, i also started doing what id class as pain threshold training whereby i did extremely high rep sets with rest pause style reps. An example of this would be say i was hitting legs it would be 1 x 100 reps leg curl where id do 35-50 continous reps then rest 10-15 secs then bang out 8-10 i continue in this fashion till i get the 100 reps, i would then do the same for hip belt squats, i did 1 x 100 with 100kg, next workout i did 110kgs x 90 then 80 reps with 125kg 75 reps with 140kgs. These type if sets will have you breathing like hell far far worse than any aerobic exercise you can think of. i did similar with biceps id do 1 x 350 set (50 rep goal over 3 sets with 2 minutes rest between sets) id then finish with rest pause barbell curls aiming for 100 reps i got up to 78 reps with 30kgs (66lbs). My advice to people here thinking of this surgery is to make sure you are strong enough physically to undertake this procedure especially if tou go to the cheaper places as help past the initial surgery is small to say the very least, make sure you take stuff to entertain yourself here as well as the mental aspect is huge as well, here everything you use pretty much is fkn banned. The logic here is also strange they seem to think cheap noodles are good for you nutrition wise when i know they are complete garbage yet im not really allowed to have the fruit i bought which at least hydrates you and has lots of vitamins in it. Being a strength/physique trainer has educated me hugely on whats good and what isnt.

Im doing external tibias here if people want to know.

Just a warning to people here as well you really need to question if this surgery is for you especially if you feel your height though problematic doesnt impact you as much as you think. There is a difference between being despondent or annoyed with your height as opposed to being near the brink of suicide because of it which i feel i was and have been for years and years before this. Growing up i was happy till about 14-15 i think but since then ive suffered some serious misery because of it and tbh i dint know what feeling happy would feel like anymore as ive been miserable my entire adult life.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 06:51:25 PM »

What took me here?

Here are some of the answers

Growing up i was a happy boy my height never really entered my head probably because i wasnt any shorter than anyone else in primary school. In secondary school it was similar up till maybe 3rd year when i started to notice that every summer we came back from holidays the other people were 1-3" taller then the last time i seen them, this continued every summer. I was around 5-7 at age 15/16 if i recall correctly.

I played rugby from age 11 onwards and really loved it though i was small i was very strong and it was usually me who had to tackle the bigger opponents i scored countless trys and could land place kicks from 60 metres in practice (id struggle from the 22 now) despite this coaches used to play me in positions i wasnt suited to to make way for taller heavier players (but ultimately hopeless rugby players) this really hurt my self esteem and made me feel worthless. In school myself and a few other guys were used as the measuring stick for people who felt the need to stand beside us and say 'oh phew im taller than such and such'. I absolutely hated it!!! I convinced myself i would have a late growth spurt and reach an average 5-11ish but it didnt happen. At age 16 or so i developed an extreme defence response to people where i just couldnt trust them and was waiting for them to say something which would piss me off. Im positive my change in personality has contributed to my failings in life as well but my height has definitely been a factor as well and its not imagined either.

At age 17 or so i quit playing rugby and lost interest in it and i got into weight training instead, weight training is great as you are the team so you can only let yourself down. I felt when i played rugby my talents were never really properly utilised because i was played out of position and i felt that i had to do the extra work the useless players couldnt ie tackling bigger opponents. I started training with a group of friends on Fridays after school, i trained with an athletics guy who did javelin etc. he was the strongest amongst us until i caught up and started surpassing him on literally exercise, the ones i didnt were the ones i just didnt do but im sure if i did them id have surpassed him in this as well. He started becoming extremely angry and moody in the gym and started coming up with typical tall men excuses as to why they arent as strong 'ive got to lift the weight further than you' type of comments, i got to the point i could no longer be arsed with his shi7e and told him if that was the case why are all world strongest man competitors in the 5-11-6-10 range 'oh but blah bah blah they are exceptions' he would say i replied and said what he was saying was statistically impossible and that if there was truth in what he said then why arent these types of power sports dominated by midgets. This guy was about 6' but claimed 6-2 he had a serious chip on his shoulder and latched on to the one thing he thought he had over myself and a few others, i do get on with this guy but everytime we are out he makes comments about peoples height or his own height. I now realise this guy has fk all going for him he isnt good looking in any way shape or form and isnt as awesome as he thinks he is he simply latches on to height as he has nothing else and at 6-0 odd in the UK you will be average in a lot of places so he doesnt even have a big advantage there either. I got into weights heavily as i felt it gave me power to alter what i see in the mirror which i liked but at no point was i 'compensating' if i was 6-2 id still bodybuild as i simply like trained bodies plus id enhance my looks and be even better by being reasonably tall and built. I see too many tall guys resting on their laurels and coasting through life getting stuff for little effort. In fact i genuinely think that these guys dont like weight training as it requires hard work and being tall has given them the impression that you dont have to put in as much effort as everythings been handed to them their entire lives, they have also started to believe their own hype from parents and general family 'oh my youre a big strong boy arent you' the reality is yes they may be big but strong they aint thats why the gym can be painful for them they go in and quickly find out they are nowhere near as strong as they believe or have been told they are and this just damages their huge egos. One thing about weights is they dont give a shi* about how tall you are! You want to lift them you will have to put the effort

Ive had numerous comments from women regarding my height as well, women think its socially acceptable to voice their opinions on short guys yet ive seen some reduced to tears if they get a 'im sorry as well you are just too fat for me' the tears start coming and you get the 'how can you be so horrible and mean' replies. This leads to idiot female friends jumping in and they have the brass neck to say 'you shouldnt say stuff to women like that it can cause......insert made up medical condition' they then tell you to not be so sensitive the hypocrisy is unreal!!!

Ive been in bars where ive been sitting and approached by women but the moment i stand up its game over. I remember one time i was in a bar just watching the rugby, i wasnt drinking but my friends these women came in none were attractive in any way shape or form but seemed nice enough. Cut long story short she was going dancing and needed to take someone and decided she liked my friend who was tall but she was told he had a gf. The barman said take one if these other guys she went down us giving reasons as to why she couldnt and came to me and just said 'hes way too short' i was seriously angry that she felt it was sicially acceptable to voice this opinion and laughable as she was 1/10 on the looks scale probably a good 190lbs but 190lbs of pure fat which spreads a long way. Ive had numerous other women comment on height as well im sure everyone reading on these boards has as well. Needless to say it just destroys your self esteem and self worth till it gets to be non existent.

Guys who are short have every single right to be bitter its a ridiculous thing to say 'short guys are bitter' they are bitter because a physical aspect of their body determines the overall quality of life which they cannot change its as daft as saying someone born without legs shouldnt be bitter ir people in wheel chairs. Yes you will meet people worse off than you but it makes zero difference to the fact that youre life is also hindered.

My dad has tried his hardest over the years to try to convince me that height makes no difference to your quality of life. Im sure he is in complete denial as no parent wants to see their kids struggle. Recently however my dad admitted that throughout his life he has seen a&sehole after a@reshole advance in life with little effort whilst he got a few raw deals along the way he admitted to me that he never knew why these people got away with things he didnt but he finally said 'i looked back and realised these guys all had one thing in common they were all taller than me' this is the first time he has acknowledged this. My dad recently told my brothers ex gf about this surgery i was getting and i went into almost a murderous rage im still furious about it now and if she says anything about it to anyone ive assured my dad i will make her pay a high price for talking if she does and ive told him i want no further contact with him for the rest of my life because if this betrayal.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 12:11:48 PM »

August 14th

Not much to report here. Woke up a bit stiff moved legs to alleviate the pain id say on a scale of 1-10 around a 3-4 max nothing i cant handle. Really looking forward to being able to get up and use the toilet by myself.

My temperature was taken and they said i had a fever so i was hooked back up to several iv bags over the next few hours though i feel absolutely fine. Anyway they did it regardless.

Ordered a McDs my standard order i get in UK a double cheeseburger and a big mac, i got coke and chips with it but wont be having it for a while again i need to watch expenses when im here and acoid earing garbage like that especially when im needing to heal and when i cant train. I lost a sh&t tin of myscle to do this and in the last 3-4 days alone in bed ive atrophied even further. My reflection in the mirror disgusts me at the moment.

Im utterly stinking and my facial hair grows like a weed so i feel very dirty. As someone who showers two-three times a day this is tough. Im still pissing concentrated acid thanks to that catheter.

My room mate here keeps me right since ive arrived which is great and hes a very smart guy with his head screwed on and he has pointed out some stuff to me that will need to change when i get home.

He told me to avoid returning to my previous size as its just an ego thing and it turns women off, he also told ne to resolve my self loathing and body dysmorphic issues as il just end up being taller but still having them and basically staying miserable.
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 01:03:58 PM »

Thanks for starting a diary Ssteiner. It's been a little bit since we had a new Beijing diary around here, and I'm sure there are people who want an update on how things are there.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 02:16:51 PM »

August 15th

Not much happened today. Im still in bed most of the day and just stay on the net most of the day but its slow and a lot of stuffs blocked here.

I am in a lot less pain today and dont even feel the screws going into my ankles anymore. I think i could stand if they let me but they havent yet.

Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 02:39:55 PM »

Hi Steinaa,

Could you tell us a little bit of your doctor since Sysop just randomly put in Doctor Xia.
Mind telling us how much you have payed/pricing etc?

Hope you are doing well and can lenghten without complications,

Thanks in advance!
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 02:44:48 PM »

Sorry to hear about what you father did, we all would be pissed as fuc*!

Imo I if I undergo this procedure, I'd like to keep this a secret untill the time has come.
No need to spread rumors, what's the point in LL otherwise ...
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2016, 05:42:05 PM »

Hi Steinaa,

Could you tell us a little bit of your doctor since Sysop just randomly put in Doctor Xia.

Thanks in advance!

You never did say which doctor / clinic you are attending, so I placed you in the section for Dr. Xia and his clinic. Can you clarify where you are for your diary, or should I just leave that information blank and say "Beijing".
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2016, 07:10:16 AM »

Hi Steinaa,

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the encouragement

My doctor is doctor Peng i think, truth be told im not sure as ive not seen much of the doctors since surgery and ive had a few in to look at my legs but i cant recall exact names. The language barrier here is going to be a potential problem.

Theres two doctors here one called peng (spelling) who i call dr Pain and another called xiow (spelling) (pronounced zow) who i call Dr Ooow as in Ooow that hurts!

Im at the Beijing orthopedic institute

I payed 35000 usd. Plane ticket and other expenses have addedup a wee bit so make it 35000-39000ish so far. They have a lot of experience and priceis reasonable. Complications are covered in price (or so they say).
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2016, 07:35:53 AM »

Sorry to hear about what you father did, we all would be pissed as fuc*!

Imo I if I undergo this procedure, I'd like to keep this a secret untill the time has come.
No need to spread rumors, what's the point in LL otherwise ...

Id advise you to just keep it to yourself. If you tell one person other than someone close to you (though even my fkn dad couldnt be trusted to keep his gob shut) they will likely open their gobs at some point something like this will be too substantial for people not to spread and it WILL happen! Its no ones business anyway but yours. You will just become the weak short guy who had to undergo a painful medical process to 'compensate' (ive grown to hate that fkn word!). Say as little as possible if people ask if you are taller say 'i seriously doubt it im 'x' age' or say 'maybe you are shrinking'
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2016, 07:46:58 AM »

Today so far

August 16th

Not a lot, m woken at crack of dawn. Gave me a bowl to shave in three days facial growth fir me is what the average guy gets in a month, shaving it off with razors and a bowl with soap in it takes ages. I hate shaving as it is. Must have taken 20 minutes. Had breakfast egg and a roll thing bland as hell.

Was put in a wheelchair and went for x rays today so will be interesting to know whats next.

For me the physical pain is nothing, not trying to sound tough but 7 years of rugby union and 13 years weights really gets you used to pain. Whats going to be very very tough for me is being so inactive and watching my physique atrophy. Not having access to my phone and certain websites is also seriously boring i cabt even get on to youtube to watch a film or tv show. The telly here is not set up for westerners either even the movies they put on are dubbed instead of subtitled.

Need to get my protein powder for mornings and nights, a scoop of protein and some oats will do each day. Im trying to eat enough here to heal but not so much i get fat and become more disgusted at my present physique, i dont have the muscle mass to justify huge meals as my resting metabolic rate is way down.

Id really like to know if anyone can recommend a website to irder things from so i can get them here. Do you guys know of a chinese ebay or amazon?
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 03:28:34 AM »

Update

17 th August

Woke up about 0630am got breakfast and got 'washed' its 11am and im already stinking i cant wait till i can get up out of bed and go on the walker and get some independence.

The doctor came in earlier with the walker so with luck il be on it soon. He also said i can start lengthening tomorrow which will finally get my aim started.

Hopefully getting up will help with the sheer boredom of being in bed all day. Your body gets very sore from lying in bed all day and the rate it atrophys is astonishing, i guess ive got a lot more to lose than most muscle wise due to my training, this is one of the hardest things mentally to cope with. Will i be able to curl 85lb dumbells, squat 550, wrist curl 100lb dumbells etc etc when i get out i seriously doubt it. I think i weigh now what i weighed at 20, 13 years ago.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 03:55:14 AM »

August 18th

Woke up had breakfast porridge and yoghurt

Doctor came in asked me to lift my legs. Told me i will stand and start lengthening tomorrow

Not much to report today. Got some weighted bags and put all 4 of them in a pillowcase and grabbed it tight and did 3 x 125 reps behind my head tricep extensions. Going to throw in some crunches throughout the day as well to keep me entertained.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 02:08:13 AM »

August 19th

Woke up this morning slept like shi*. Just couldnt get comfortable for some reason. Im getting used to lying on my back and keeping my legs straight which i was worried about as the only way ive been able to sleep in years was on my right side i think that had something to do with the weight i was carrying before. Before if i ever dosed off on my back id wake up and the tendons at the back of my legs hurt due to their weight. However my legs are hugely atrophied now and must easily be 4" smaller. Legs were never huge on me muscle wise its always been a weakish body part for me anyway at 103kgs they were 27.1/4" respectable but not huge.

The doctor came in this morning and said later he will tell me how to lengthen.

After that i told the maid i had to shower as my head was starting to itch, dont know why. I was also stinking beyond belief. I sat in the shower and shaved and let my body sit in the soap and shower gel. I had my legs up on a chair it was comfortable enough. I showered myself down for ten minutes then gave myself a long blast of cold water to cool myself down. It worked great.

Back in a clean bed now watching the olympics its as dull as hell. Having a Mcdonalds for lunch today cant take anymore of this food they keep bringing up its all rice dushes or noodles just high carb low nutrient cra*. I know McDs is nit much better. I have protein powder now which is a boost. By the way for anyone coming to china be prepared this aint a cheap place fir food, even in rip off UK i could eat 3-4 meals here costing no more than 80p each if i was smart.

Arms are a wee bit sore from the training i did yesterday its great to have some doms. Guys who train will understand. Im not going to stop atrophy here ive resigned myself to that fact. Il be lucky to weigh 140lbs by the time i get out of here i think
SysOp
Forum Admin / Moderator
Administrator
MMT Expert

Credibility 712

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 07:26:31 AM »

Im not going to stop atrophy here ive resigned myself to that fact. Il be lucky to weigh 140lbs by the time i get out of here i think

It's very hard to keep up your weight while lengthening unless you eat all day long. I've known of people who lost 5 to 10 kg while lengthening.
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 07:27:38 AM »

Hi Ssteiner, I had a question!

You said the food is all rice or noodles, are we authorized to eat fruits like banana or stuff we could buy from the local?

Wish you good lenghtening!  Wink

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 09:58:25 AM »

It's very hard to keep up your weight while lengthening unless you eat all day long. I've known of people who lost 5 to 10 kg while lengthening.

I purposefully stopped training legs, chest, back etc 5 months ago in preparation for this and did sprints 3-4 times a week, i started eating 2-3 meals a day. Dropped 23kgs to 80kg (not been this light since i was 20-21) lost a shi* ton of muscle especially on legs and chest. When i arrive the little nurses all gather round and start making muscle poses saying 'you so big' i feel tiny now! I think they were concerned about moving me. I had to be toileted 7 hours after the operation as i was severely constipated i think that was due to the morphine. I sat on the toilet with a catheter in legs swollen and constipated thinking 'what the fk have i done'

My legs atrophy very fast for some reason they always have done
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 10:21:48 AM »

Hi Ssteiner, I had a question!

You said the food is all rice or noodles, are we authorized to eat fruits like banana or stuff we could buy from the local?

Wish you good lenghtening!  Wink

Hey pal

There is a lot of that definitely and its not cheap! I strongly advise you to bring the following things, at least 2-3 bags of protein (i know its a pain in the arse to carry but once you get here youl be fine) probably a bag or two of whey protein and one of egg protein, a bag of ultra fine oats as well would be handy for throwing into your protein shakes in the morning. Get your vitamins you need as well, i was told i would get them here but was given no time whatsoever to get them now i have none including the bag i was told i would get when i arrived. Get whatever ones you think you will need. Calcium and some multivitamins will work well i think. Some great lakes gelatin may work well for your shakes as well its got collagen in it. When you arrive (i should have done this)  load up on yoghurt, maybe some milk, some snacks (crisps and some sweets but not much, you need to eat something fun once in a while, weekends for example) whatever else you think is necessary.

Fruit yes they allow it but il say one thing from what i gather its not that cheap here. Ive bought bananas, peaches, plums. They were nice but for some reason they didnt want to give them to me i think they were afraid id need the toilet.

Another thing id advise is this. Get a mini dvd player (laptop if youve got cd drive is fine) bring a few series you have not seen to kill time. Make sure your phone carrier knows you are going to China, my iphone 6 has refused to work since i got here despite eating up 40 of credit on literally nothing at all!!!! Make sure both phone and ipad or laptop have the best vpn on them or they simply wont work with the crappy wifi you get here. The dvd series will be back up for when days streaming films is impossible. The tv here is shi* not a single english speaking channel even the movies are dubbed instead of subtitled. Make sure you have stuff to entertain yourself or you will be seriously bored. Then one of your daily highlights wont be going to the toilet.

I cannot wait till this is all over! Im trying to think of the future where i might be happy for the first time in my adult life! But thats a long time away yet. But time waits for no man
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 12:22:23 PM »

Fruit yes they allow it but il say one thing from what i gather its not that cheap here.  Ive bought bananas, peaches, plums.  They were nice but for some reason they didnt want to give them to me i think they were afraid id need the toilet.

Haha ok I got the point but I would be frustrated not to be able to eat fruits!  :o

Another thing id advise is this.  Get a mini dvd player (laptop if youve got cd drive is fine) bring a few series you have not seen to kill time.  Make sure your phone carrier knows you are going to China, my iphone 6 has refused to work since i got here despite eating up 40 of credit on literally nothing at all!!!! Make sure both phone and ipad or laptop have the best vpn on them or they simply wont work with the crappy wifi you get here.  The dvd series will be back up for when days streaming films is impossible.  The tv here is shi* not a single english speaking channel even the movies are dubbed instead of subtitled.  Make sure you have stuff to entertain yourself or you will be seriously bored.  Then one of your daily highlights wont be going to the toilet.

Ok well I already planned to bring my computer with lots of series and solo games to kill time!

Also, something that would really help for me is to bring my synthesizer, do you know if instruments are allowed there?

Thanks for your answer  Grin

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.