MMT Community
January 21, 2019, 02:22:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Make Me Taller is the world's leading discussion forum for Leg Lengthening - this is a professionally-run site and is properly maintained and developed for our community by people who have actually had Leg Lengthening. Smiley

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ssteiner - Externial Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2016 - Stretching in Beijing  (Read 13913 times)
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2016, 05:12:01 AM »

Woke up today 11am i slept like shi* last night could literally not get comfortable in any position

Light sleepers should take note as sleeping with these things on your legs is like sleeping with a fkn bear trap on each leg.

Im turning 4 turns a day which is 0.667mm i thought id be turning 1mm a day. Anyway im now lengthening
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 12:51:09 AM »

Didnt sleep last night got breakfast at 0700am

Slept like shi* as the backs of my knees were stiff as hell, i really really hate having to sleep on my back.

Have done two turns so far. Ive run into a problem though. The bottom right blue knob you turn came loose on Friday night and for some reason the frame gap at the back is wider than the rest of the gaps on the frame il need to speak to the doctor about it asap. Have any of you guys had that issue when you lengthened? Its really annoying
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2016, 06:59:02 AM »

Got up today probably got 2 hours sleep last night if i was lucky

Stood up today with less pain on my frame. Have done 3/4 turns so far today.

Really really sick of the food here already. Tried to get netflix and Nowtv on ipad yesterday neither work dor some reason
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2016, 03:12:55 PM »

Really really sick of the food here already.  Tried to get netflix and Nowtv on ipad yesterday neither work dor some reason

Damn is the food that bad?  :o

Can't you ask someone to bring you something you like against money? 

Keep ya head up!

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2016, 09:06:59 AM »

Damn is the food that bad?  Shocked

Can't you ask someone to bring you something you like against money? 

Keep ya head up!

The food is pretty shitty. If you do come here id advise you insist they let you go out and get plenty of food before you start your leg lengthening journey. The food is very greasy and high carb, not the type of food imo thats going to promote healing.

Legs are stiff as hell from having to keep them straight

Why the fk wasnt i just born average height!!!!!
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2016, 05:51:38 AM »

Slept like shi* again last night. Maybe got 2 hours or so this morning. Knee was aching last night, right one on the right side duno whats up with it but it feels like its been whacked with a hammer. This procedure is a fker on its own let alone if you are a light sleeper. Im a very light sleeper courtesy of my cat who for years upon years woke me up every single night to be fed so im hypersensitive to sounds at night. So when you are in pain its a lot worse. Even with my substantial weight loss im struggling to sleep on my back.of the few hours i got to sleep i managed to gave a nightmare thrown in for good measure.

Have done 3/4 turns so far today. Between lack of sleep, pain, smelling like a tramp and having no appetite you often forget the very reason you are here in the first place.

My physique now looks like im trying to audition for the role of a concentration camp inmate. If i told you i could curl 30lb dumbells now most people would laugh let alone 85s that i used to be abke to do. Legs are so skinny Olive Oyl would be proud of them.

Had a shower today, shaved and got some of the stink off me felt 100 times better. You will miss showers when you do this procedure. I used to have 2-3 a day. Even going to the toilet is something you take for granted.

Lying at night unable to sleep leaves you with a lot of time to think unfortunately. Was thinking last night about some of the things i could do that most guys whether tall, medium or short couldnt do and i realised that maybe over the years ive given them a bit too much credit and put height up on a pedestal a wee bit. Theres not many guys my size could have played rugby to the level and ability i did when i was young. Theres also not many guys who could have matched my lifts in the weights room even on steroids. Whilst i used steroids late last year and until April/may this year prior to that i was natural my whole life and built up to some pretty hefty weights and had the muscle to go with it.

Unfortunately in this world height trumps physical strength and physique, and taller people are looked upon as being stringer anyway so unless theres a set of weights there everytime you find yourself in a situation where your height counts against you this procedure becomes the only thing you can realistically do to get your head further away from the ground and into that zine where less discrimination exists.

Missing my mum and my cat loads and im missing my workouts as well. This procedure is a massivecommitment to make for anyone considering it. It takes time out your life abd your familys life and your body will atrophy badly (far far worse for guys who weight train whose bodies are used to being maintained with lifting weights, guys who are average couch potatoes wont see the atrophy as they dont have much muscle in the first place). Like i say unless you are seriously hindered by your height or near suicide id recommend you dont do this. If you want an idea of what you are in for go and buy some large crocodile clips clip them to your lower legs and ankles (you cant take them off) lie of your back and have someone lay 60lbs of weight across your lower legs whilst on your back this will give you a taster of what you are in for, dont shower for 3-4 days and pissin a bottle when you need to go. If you cant handle this dont do this procedure as thats probably not even close. Oh and eat the same shi* everyday
Joe2000
Certified Member
MMT Member

Credibility -1

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 09:24:26 PM »

Hey man

Apologies for my English but i think i can help you a little bit.
I had exactly the same "knee" pain for the first 2 weeks or so in my right leg on the right side. My doc told me its because the frame its tightening up and your body is learning to move a lot less than normal. My pain went off after i started standing and after 3 weeks when i started walking with a walker I don't remember having it again. My feeling was that me keen was tight and it usually hurt around it. If you got the same pain it might go away.

I have problems with sleeping too. Im also light sleeper so i wake up every hour or so but i still managed to get 7 h. My doc gave me Diazepam 2mg which is quite nice. You can also sleep on you side if you put pillow between your legs, it helps a lot.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2016, 08:29:27 AM »

Hey man

Apologies for my English but i think i can help you a little bit.
I had exactly the same "knee" pain for the first 2 weeks or so in my right leg on the right side. My doc told me its because the frame its tightening up and your body is learning to move a lot less than normal. My pain went off after i started standing and after 3 weeks when i started walking with a walker I don't remember having it again. My feeling was that me keen was tight and it usually hurt around it. If you got the same pain it might go away.

I have problems with sleeping too. Im also light sleeper so i wake up every hour or so but i still managed to get 7 h. My doc gave me Diazepam 2mg which is quite nice. You can also sleep on you side if you put pillow between your legs, it helps a lot.

Hi pal

Yeah i think i must have lay in a position one night that put my knee in a position where it was strained and i fell asleep with it and i must have hurt it. The doctor came in today with cortisone shots but i said no, i think id do far better with a muscle relaxant than any steroid injections. I think the knee will settle down once i get up on my walker more its just another thing which adds to the discomfort of this whole procedure. Il try that with the pillows tonight thanks a lot
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2016, 11:24:23 PM »

Another horrible nights sleep

Legs felt like they weighed a ton each, i tossed and turned the whole night. Room mate snores his head off as well. Id sleep easier in the middle of a battlefield at the moment.

Was worried i was coming down with something yesterday as i spent about 20 mins on the toilet with the runs, luckily nothing has come of it. God help you if you get something virus wise whilst undergoing this you will be up the creek.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2016, 05:45:54 AM »

Slept like shi* again last night utterly horrible night.

Right knee is still sore today but not as sore as it was.

Duno how the hell some people can put up with this to get 10-12 cms they must be great sleepers and be able to shut their brains off from the feeling of the frames.

I need to keep reminding myself why im here. Any parents out there who are concerned about your kids height go to the doctor and get HGH, if the doctors refuse obtain it illegally but get it! Even if your kids get 1-3" out of it (according to the research, though i think its highly dubious) 1-3" from HGH is a zillion times less uncomfortable than this! Its dangerous? Bullsh@t! Its syntheticaly produced with the exact number of amino acids found in our bodies naturally with the added benefit of increasing muscle mass and reducing bodyfat and improving your skin, nails etc. 'oh but its hormones' your kids are ingesting hormones everyday with the cra* they buy with the cash you give them each day, milk, plastic container foods, meats, eggs, sweets are jam packed full of hormones never in a million years intended for human consumption so HGH is the very least of your worries. Get it and asap!
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2016, 04:12:53 AM »

Not much to report here

Weekend arrives and the doctors all go away till Monday so the hospital is very very quiet.

Slept like shi* again last night getting comfortable with these frames is is next to impossible and my room mate snored the entire night. Wave goodbye to sleep when you get this procedure done folks. May have to request a room change to a single room as sleep is hard enough without someone snoring all night.
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2016, 08:02:22 AM »

Not much to report Sunday today.

Doctors and nurses are all very quiet havent seen a single one all day.

Had a shower today so feel very refreshed.

Pain is still in my right knee at the left hand side it is very painful when i straighten it out then painful again when i try to bend my leg i seriously hope this goes away as its a total nightmare.
Arch
MMT Member

Credibility 1

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2016, 05:28:03 PM »

My brother Panzerschrek,

Do you have any photo's to show?
Eager to see the cages Smiley
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2016, 03:14:31 PM »

My brother Panzerschrek,

Do you have any photo's to show?
Eager to see the cages Smiley

No photos pal

Not sure how to upload either

The cages i liken to bear traps pretty horrible to say the least. The other night i tried to sleep on my front as i thought this would keep my legs straight and id get off my back. I got onto my front and literally could not get back up. It felt like a truck was sitting on my legs and it was not in any way comfortable on your front. Im beginning to seriously dread night time as sleep with these things is virtually impossible unless you are tired to the point you just cant stay awake.

Got x rays today so i will find out my progress tomorrow will be great if im close to a cm taller so far.

Its funny after years and years of self hatred and low self esteem and reading about this im finally doing it, but with all the pain and challenges and lack of sleep you usually forget why you are here. I quickly remind myself why and tell myself it will end one day. My height problem would not have ended had i just tried to out up with it my whole life id managed 33 years thats more than most have managed. Im giving up my physique fir this procedure in the meantime so its a doubke whammy for me. Ive not been this small physique wise since my late teens i dont think. I worked my arse off to be able to lift the weights i could knowing its going to be years before i di then again is hard yet alone progress on them.

Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2016, 02:06:51 AM »

My doctor came in today. I asked about my x rays he said '3mm gain'. Ive been turning at 4 turns a day for over 2 weeks now i should be at roughly 1 cm. can anybody tell me why ive not gained as much as i thought or expected to? I feel utterly demoralised now. Sleepless nights and pain for 3mm i feel like screaming.

Doctor said something about pin bending but surely this is something that happens as it gets tighter? Im confused!
Medal
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 01:40:58 PM »

Hi Ssteiner.  How is your pain and sleeping this week? Have you tried ear plugs to combat snore?

May I ask you two questions?

I cannot find on the Internet "Beijing orthopedic institute" as you said.  Are you sure it is not Beijing Rehabilitation Hospital of Capital Medical University?

Also if I remember correctly, the 35,000 includes cost of hospital stay for the entire lengthening period, does it?

Thanks
Kraken
Lurker

Credibility 0

Highly Self-Critical Male

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2016, 11:25:13 PM »

What was your initial height before under-going this procedure? (I read most of everything you said on this forum post but skimmed through some of it)

How much are you lengthening?

What is your goal height?

Stats:
Current Height: 5' 7.   25"
Desired Height: 5' 11" - 6' 0"
Weight: 150 lbs
Race: Caucasian
Body Type: Average, Average Frame
Plan: Saving Money, Considering Ilizarov by 2018-2019
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2016, 09:24:09 AM »

Hi Ssteiner.  How is your pain and sleeping this week? Have you tried ear plugs to combat snore?

May I ask you two questions?

I cannot find on the Internet "Beijing orthopedic institute" as you said.  Are you sure it is not Beijing Rehabilitation Hospital of Capital Medical University?

Also if I remember correctly, the 35,000 includes cost of hospital stay for the entire lengthening period, does it?

Thanks

Hi sorry i was incorrect you are right its rehabilitation hospital

The cost covers you up to 4 months any additional time here will cost you

Just to warm you china is not cheap like everyone thinks or certainly Beijing isnt so id take extra cash with you if you plan on coming.

The website is out of date as well sime of the stuff they say you get included in the cost you no longer get

The food here is also not the best. If i were any of you instead of taking masses if clothes (which you wont need, ive worn two sets of boxer shorts since i arrived) i would take 6-8kgs of protein powder, a 1kg bag glutamine, 1kg bag maltodextrin and a 2.5-5kg bag of ultra fine oats this will save you a fortune in food here i wish i had taken this stuff!

Id also buy two dvd wallets and stuff all dvds you have in them and invest in a mini dvd player or alternatively bring a hard drive full of films as you are going to get bored here a lot and the internet speed is slow as fk!
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2016, 09:43:41 AM »

What was your initial height before under-going this procedure? (I read most of everything you said on this forum post but skimmed through some of it)

How much are you lengthening?

What is your goal height?

Hi my current height is 1m 70 or thereabouts ive been measured at 171.5 before at a medical but it may have been an eraly measurement so not entirely accurate

I was initially planning on trying to get 8cm or 7.5cms

I will have to see its been a month and i still cant use my walker, my right knee is just far too stiff the tendon at the back of my knee is just way way way too painful to keep my leg straight im beginning to suspect that the pins at the top of my right leg are near a nerve ending or something as when i straighten my leg out i feel the tendon on the inside of my right leg at the back jolt and contract like its been electrocuted. Im having trouble standing and taking my feet off the ground to get walking though i managed yesterday somewhat. Im not giving up though ive paid 35 grand for this and i aint going back to my old life, ive waited my entire adult life for this to happen. I would settle low end fir 6.5cms

If i could just sort this knee issue out id be fine

Il say one thing as well guys who have weight trained their legs for years may be at a disadvantage for this procedure due to their muscle tissue being too tough and their tendons likely tight
TIBIKE2002
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2016, 01:34:05 PM »

drink alot of water. It might help with tendon and muscle tightness
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.