MMT Community
December 11, 2017, 05:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Support MMT Community
News: SysOp is not here to make friends - he is here to keep this forum running smoothly and make sure that it stays the most informative site about LL in the world.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ssteiner - Externial Tibias - Dr. Xia - 2016 - Stretching in Beijing  (Read 8101 times)
Medal
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2016, 02:33:14 AM »

Ssteiner, how's the last two weeks?  Wink
El Pili Pili
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 08:45:30 AM »

Ssteiner, how's the last two weeks?  Wink

Yeah, how're you doing man?  Smiley

Height : 171cm (at night)
Target : 177cm
Method : LON in India or Beijing : depending on the amount of money saved until 2017!
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2016, 07:02:52 PM »

Hi guys

Ive been lengthening a good few weeks now

My bodyweight has dropped 31kgs from April this year going from 103kgs to 71/72kgs im not the hulk anymore in fact i look like im ill.

Part of the reason for that is the food here which imo is just beyond terrible. Its salty, every meat dish you order half the meat is fat. Its cheaper to buy in Mc.donalds than to eat out the hospital resteraunt and its no better or worse in terms of quality, the food here is highly processed and full of msg.ive gone from eating 5-7 meals at home to struggling to eat two meals here.

A few weeks ago i needed a pin in my right keg removed and repositioned as it was possibly going through or close to a nerve it was agony, if i attempted to move my leg the hamstring tendon went into a violent spasm and pulled my leg back.

Even at 2cms a few weeks ago i started experiencing knee bending this is due imo to years and years of heavy weight training in particular heavy leg curls, my tendons are about 3-4x as thick and strong as a regular guys, this makes lengthening good bit more painful.

Heres the bad news i have decided to stop my lengthening, im currently at 3-3.5cms il get x ray to confirm this next monday. One if the reasons i decided to stop was i simply cannot have no dorsiflexion in mt feet as it will make general day to day life things a lot harder and most importantly it will destroy my ability to barbell squat properly. Believe me inthought hard about this it wasnt easynas my height has bothered me my whole life, but unfortunately i have both height and body neurosis. There is no piint in going home 2.5-3" taller but now having an issue about my physique. Training has been too big a part of my life to just say goodbye to it. To be able to squat you need dorsiflexion in your ankles something that this procedure takes away. No woman on earth is worth going through this procedure for or for losing your basic functioning for. I researched this procedure for years i always thought one day it will fix my height problem and il get to experience being normal height, so this unfortunately is devastating but is the slightly lesser of two evils, i want to be taller but not at literally any cost. The problem with my research was that literally nowhere did i see anyone discussing dorsiflexion and its ability to cause serious problems with ankle mobility, all you ever read is cra* about pin site infections, non union and general pain.

There are some people on here who are clearly either fake ex patients or people who are deluded into thinking that the can return to regular athletic activities afterwards as if its as simple as gaining 3" then going home rehabbing for a few months then returning back to normal. These ex patients who say they returned to normal athletic abilities afterwards are either lying or their athletic abilities were so poor in the first places getting them back wasnt that hard anyway as they simply werent that good in the first place. Theres a massive difference between someone who goes to the gym and does a few sets of 80lb leg extensions and a guy who squats iver 500lbs.

Frankly im astounded that this is not discussed on the boards more often as its far far more important than going oabout the proportions of your fkn wing span, femurs and tibia ratios, trust me if you cant walk properly because your feet dont bend properly the last thing you are going to give a shi* about is if your wing soan is shorter than your fkn body length or whatever bullshit people on here seem to go on about.

Now for the average guy who works a 9-5 job and comes home and watches soaps with his wife all week wants to do it then fine it wont make much difference to your life but for guys who are athletic and active this is life altering and you need to seriously weigh up whats most important to you. If i could go back i would not have done this procedure it simply isnt worth it. I could have spent that money on better things. Imwas also in an extremely poor mental condition where i had reached breaking point and decided i could no linger be short.

I will not be satisfied with my height ever il take my neurosis to the grave im sure of it but im not willing to do anything possible to cure it especially if it becomes a trade off between that and what i love doing. And for the guys doing this for women trust me there are no bitches out there worth going through this for - None!

Do tall guys have easier lifes - yes! Is it easier to get respect - yes! Is it easier to attract women a lot easier - we all know thats a definite yes! No one will dispiute these facts and its foolish and delusional to think otherwise. However trying to get taller and damaging your body is not the answer. The safe limit for this surgery for most people im guessing is in the 3-5cms oer segment region, these people doing 8-10cms on their limbs as much as i admire and understand their dedication to get taller they will pay a heavy price for it.

I would advise serious weight trainers who are thinking about doing this to give it some thought! Your muscles and tendons will likely be far thicker and more resistant to stretching than most peoples. And after 2 months say goodbye to your physique! I cant look at my thighs at the moment without feeling sick. I will be leaving here slightly taller so its not a complete loss but its definitely not the target i was sure i would reach.
Medal
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 04:55:01 AM »

Ssteiner, sorry to hear that.   :( Is it your feeling that you will lose dorsiflexion if you go beyond 3. 5 cm, no matter how many years after you recover from the surgery, or is it a fact that you have confirmed with your doctor?

Any veteran here who can advise on the level of expected improvement on dorsiflexion, years after lengthening? Is there any improvement at all?
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2016, 02:47:21 PM »

Hi medal

I dont know the exact amount that you start having dorsiflexion issues at it varies from person to person but the further you go the worse it will definitely get. There is a guy here who got 2.5cms taken off his original lengthening as his dorsiflexion was so poor as a result of the procedure. I dare say you can improve your dorsiflexion to a degree once the process is finished and your bones are consolidated. It will likely vary from person to person and i imagine women will have an easier time doing it as well with their soft tendons.

Im gutted tbh but i just cant go through with it and risk it. Women i guess will just have to be off the cards and il just have to take what i can get.
sheri
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2016, 03:27:03 PM »

Quote from: Ssteiner link=topic=8036.   msg108493#msg108493 date=1471114285

Ive had numerous comments from women regarding my height as well, women think its socially acceptable to voice their opinions on short guys yet ive seen some reduced to tears if they get a 'im sorry as well you are just too fat for me' the tears start coming and you get the 'how can you be so horrible and mean' replies.    This leads to idiot female friends jumping in and they have the brass neck to say 'you shouldnt say stuff to women like that it can cause.   .   .   .   .   .   insert made up medical condition' they then tell you to not be so sensitive the hypocrisy is unreal!!!

Guys who are short have every single right to be bitter its a ridiculous thing to say 'short guys are bitter' they are bitter because a physical aspect of their body determines the overall quality of life which they cannot change its as daft as saying someone born without legs shouldnt be bitter ir people in wheel chairs.    Yes you will meet people worse off than you but it makes zero difference to the fact that youre life is also hindered.  

First of all I just want to say good on you for going through this and good luck with LL :) I have found that there are so many guys on here who seem to think that women do not get discriminated against for their height.    For me, I feel as though my height has dragged me down in so many areas.    I am not extremely short (161cm exactly) but I have experienced so much gut wrenching and crippling anxiety due to the way people treat me simply based on my height.    Trying to be taken seriously, or being seen as a leader is darn near impossible for a woman who is short, without acting like a total b*tch.   

I feel like, when any guys pay attention to me, they only see me as cute or vulnerable, which is okay when you are 21 like I am now but as you get older and age, the cuteness fades.    And being a short woman makes me feel like everyone walks all over me.  

If I were 10cm taller however, society would view me as a capable and elegant woman with authority and some guys would be intimidated by me, which in my opinion is a good thing for a number of reasons.  

Not only that, but all you hear about these days are models or television starlets who are nearly always atleast 170cm tall.     It is ultimately a man's world, and men that have everything nearly ALWAYS end up with tall women.    Guys are not the only ones discriminated against in my opinion.   

Anyway, I plan on getting LL done in 2018, but unluckily for me, being a woman, I have to deal with scarring.    Could you possibly update us on your scarring after your procedure? :D I'd be interested to see.  
Sorry if all I did was rant.    Good luck!  ^_^ :D

Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2016, 05:54:06 AM »

Hey Ssteiner,

How are you doing? Have you changed your mind about lengthening again? What's the situation and how r you feeling?
Truespartan
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 06:11:05 AM »

Hey Ssteiner,

How are you doing? Looking forward to another update from you!

TrueSpartan
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2016, 04:28:10 AM »

Hey Ssteiner,

How are you doing? Looking forward to another update from you!

TrueSpartan

Hi guys

Im returningnto the UK in my external frames tomorrow morning. I decided to consolidate in frames as i did only 3cms. I did not want a rod put through my knee and need to pay thousands to get it removed and risk damage to my patella for the sake of waiting 2-3 months for the bone to consolidate. They have removed the ankle locks which is a lot more comfortable. When i get confirmation of consolidation of my bones in UK i will likely just get the orthopaedic doctors there to remove the external fixator to avoid me having to fly all the way back here, external fixators are used for fractures in UK so the doctors will have experience removing them. I may have to pay for it but id have to pay for plane tickets anyway so it makes no difference. The doctors said my bone growth is superb so il likely heal up pretty fast.

My body is atrophied to hell i weighed myself the other week i was below 70kgs, i was 103kgs in April and the biggest and strongest i have been. I have not weighed this much since i was 20. Legs are like twigs!. My weight loss is partly down to the food here as well which imo is just beyond awful! Everything is salty, everything with meat in it is full of poor quality meat, the nutrition here is horrendous, when i go home my bones will likely heal faster with just the food alone.
sheri
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »

Hi Ssteiner,

How is everything going with your consolidation? Have you had any further problems? Hope you are enjoying the food back in your home country Wink -Sheri
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2016, 03:11:36 PM »

Hi Sheri

I'm back in UK I have an appointment to speak to an orthopaedic doctor. Ive been consolidating now for about 4-5 weeks, my bone growth was excellent in China despite the cra* food. I'm hoping that my bones have consolidated enough to get these frames off and maybe get a cast on. Sleeping in these things is utter torture.

As for problems Ive not really had any I do however notice that both my knee caps are clicking. I'm not too sure what this is but it's highly annoying as I never had it before. It could be caused by muscle atrophy from not moving around properly for over 3 months.

It's difficult to work on your flexibility when you are in frames as well. My cat has not left my side since I returned and she keeps lying on me making getting comfortable in these is even harder.

I'd strongly advise anyone who is thinking of doing this surgery to forget about it especially external frame, the pain, the boredom, the complications you can have, the lack of sleep, the awful food (if you choose China), the loss of flexibility in your ankles plus the expense, it's simply not worth it.
sheri
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »

Quote from: Ssteiner link=topic=8036. msg108892#msg108892 date=1479136296
Hi Sheri

I'm back in UK I have an appointment to speak to an orthopaedic doctor.  Ive been consolidating now for about 4-5 weeks, my bone growth was excellent in China despite the cra* food.  I'm hoping that my bones have consolidated enough to get these frames off and maybe get a cast on.  Sleeping in these things is utter torture.

As for problems Ive not really had any I do however notice that both my knee caps are clicking.  I'm not too sure what this is but it's highly annoying as I never had it before.  It could be caused by muscle atrophy from not moving around properly for over 3 months.

It's difficult to work on your flexibility when you are in frames as well.  My cat has not left my side since I returned and she keeps lying on me making getting comfortable in these is even harder.

I'd strongly advise anyone who is thinking of doing this surgery to forget about it especially external frame, the pain, the boredom, the complications you can have, the lack of sleep, the awful food (if you choose China), the loss of flexibility in your ankles plus the expense, it's simply not worth it.

hi Ssteiner,
Sorry to hear about the pain and knee clicking.  I hope everything goes well for your appointment and you get those frames off soon! :)
Also, I noticed you previously said you were consolidating at home rather than getting a "rod shoved through your patella", but I always thought that Dr Xia's institute uses a combination of the external frame as well as using an intramedullary nail during the actual lengthening process (as stated on his website).  Did you choose to skip the use of the nail during the lengthening stage as well or is his website incorrect and they only use a nail during consolidation?

Do you regret your decision of not using the nail?

Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2016, 02:40:01 PM »

hi Ssteiner,
Sorry to hear about the pain and knee clicking.  I hope everything goes well for your appointment and you get those frames off soon! Smiley
Also, I noticed you previously said you were consolidating at home rather than getting a "rod shoved through your patella", but I always thought that Dr Xia's institute uses a combination of the external frame as well as using an intramedullary nail during the actual lengthening process (as stated on his website).  Did you choose to skip the use of the nail during the lengthening stage as well or is his website incorrect and they only use a nail during consolidation?

Do you regret your decision of not using the nail?

Hi Sheri

My knees dont hurt they just click and its annoying im begining to think its caused by my leg muscles being atrophied and hopefully once i strengthen then againnthey will stop clicking

I didnt really get any choice Sheri i was operated on within less than two days of arriving, tbh i believe this was a ploy to get me operated on as fast as possible so i could not decide against doing it. Most people were there a week before they were operated on.

I was never asked about the nail option Sheri. Im glad i never got it regardless as it would have to be put through your knee which imo is far too dangerous. My bone growth was excellent. By my calculations i have been consolidating now for 5-6 weeks at the amount ive done im hopeful these things can come off and that i can get a cast on my legs fir 3-4 weeks. My diet has been a lot better since i came home so im hopeful thats increased my bone healing rate further.

I personally would not go by the website if i were you it is out of date and a lot of incorrect information is on it.

I hope you are not considering this surgery id strongly advise you to forget about it and stay off these boards. This page and the The Troll Forum are full of armchair experts who do not have a clue what they are talking about my advice to you is to not listen to them and forget it.

The idiots on these forums think that proportions are a major concern, some idiots talk about getting both segments done yet have not even experienced the first operation. Bottom line do not listen to people who have not done the operation their opinions are worthless

sheri
n00b

Credibility 0

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2016, 02:59:48 PM »

I can imagine they would prioritise international patients.  I remember reading as well that they make it more expensive for us, so that explains the rush to get you into surgery. 
I do agree that having a big rod through the patella seems a bit too risky.  Do you think you would have been better of spending half the amount and going to Russia? I read that it takes a lot longer to lengthen there.  There was a woman called Hajnal Ban that lives in my area who had LL done in Russia, and she was in the media/political scene (what I would like to do)- she initially sparked my interest in this because she was a success. 

Tbh Ssteiner I am considering the surgery, however, I do have bow legs (not severe luckily) but it can be annoying REALLY annoying.  (Knee pain and ankle pain) Bow leggedness can apparently be fixed by this operation, and if I can get that fixed I thought I may as well try and gain some height too :)

But I also understand that this is an operation that cannot be taken lightly and can have huge ramifications, so I need to read more recent diaries. 
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2016, 05:12:58 PM »

I can imagine they would prioritise international patients.  I remember reading as well that they make it more expensive for us, so that explains the rush to get you into surgery. 
I do agree that having a big rod through the patella seems a bit too risky.  Do you think you would have been better of spending half the amount and going to Russia? I read that it takes a lot longer to lengthen there.  There was a woman called Hajnal Ban that lives in my area who had LL done in Russia, and she was in the media/political scene (what I would like to do)- she initially sparked my interest in this because she was a success. 

Tbh Ssteiner I am considering the surgery, however, I do have bow legs (not severe luckily) but it can be annoying REALLY annoying.  (Knee pain and ankle pain) Bow leggedness can apparently be fixed by this operation, and if I can get that fixed I thought I may as well try and gain some height too Smiley

But I also understand that this is an operation that cannot be taken lightly and can have huge ramifications, so I need to read more recent diaries. 

If your bow legged and it causes knee and ankle issues then yes this procedure i would say would benefit you as you could end up with joint problems in the future from that. However i would advise you to to firget about the lengthening and if you did do it id advise you dont lengthen anymore than 2.5-4cms for functional reasons. I read about that woman as well however it would be interesting to see how she walks and runs etc.

Id advise you to do external only if you were doing it to avoid fking about with your knees however you must realise you will be in these frames for months depending on your bone growth. If you did 4cms and you had good bone growth you could take 8-10 weeks to consolidate however if your bone growth is poor it could take 7-8 months so just be wary of that as these things place an enormous toll onnyou mentally hence the reason people typically only have them on for a few months before having them removed.

Cant the fix your legs innyour home country if its a health issue?
Ssteiner
MMT Member

Credibility 0

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2016, 05:24:27 PM »

Tbh Ssteiner I am considering the surgery, however, I do have bow legs (not severe luckily) but it can be annoying REALLY annoying.  (Knee pain and ankle pain) Bow leggedness can apparently be fixed by this operation, and if I can get that fixed I thought I may as well try and gain some height too Smiley

No disrespect either to some of the doctors there but im sure they actually dont understand the ramifications of over lengthening. When i discussed dorsiflexion with them they looked at me rather blankly it was clear they had no clue what i was going on about. Theres a lot of asking questions over there and being met with 'yes' and 'uh huh' answers when those answers dont actually work with the questions asked. Imo they dont give a fk to them you are a daft foreigner who has paid 35 grand to get your legs broken and stretched. They dont give a fk!
BriantheDragon
Lurker

Credibility 0

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2017, 01:03:09 AM »

Hey I may go for limb lengthening for Dr Xia in the future. 
How did you/former patients manage to safely send so much money (the price is $50 000 CAD now) without it being stolen? What transaction/method/procedure did you have to go through exactly step by step?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Make Me Taller! The world's number one elective leg lengthening site! Come here for information about LL, things to make you taller, how to get taller permanently, Ilizarov, Betzbone, Guichet Nail, PRECICE, height growth and other height related issues. This is the number one leg lengthening forum for height seekers and people trying to become taller. It was created and run by people who have actually done leg lengthening surgery (LL).

As a community site, MMT forum thrives on people's contributions, so please feel free to share your make me taller questions, videos, photos and experiences here in this leg lengthening forum. Make me taller is open to all, but please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) before posting as this will answer nearly all of your questions about getting taller through surgery. Please read our leg lengthening diaries too! We hope that you find this forum useful. Cheers, SysOp.